Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi)

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Witchfire
    Position : None
    Guild : Aurora Guild Ace
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 6
    Experience : 21556.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cards of the Uncrowned Saint
    Second Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic
    Third Skill:

Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi) Empty Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi)

Post by Elvira Arcade 15th June 2018, 1:56 pm

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

434/2500 wordstagged
    Elvira set the key down on Rin's table, staring at it for a moment; it was a silver celestial key, she'd figured that much out for herself. Theo found it jammed in the lock of a treasure chest on one of his expeditions and sold it to her on the cheap once he'd managed to pry it loose. Elvira was developing a kind of fascination with summoning magic, as evidenced by the pale doppelganger sitting on the other side of the table fidgeting with a fork --the strange mute woman seemed to enjoy being out of her card and Elvira felt bad leaving her inside for too long anyways. Lester, Rin's companion and Crystal Swan Ace, had agreed to help her solve the mystery of how to properly use the object since he was the closest thing she knew to a celestial summoner. He sat quietly at one of the other chairs as she explained herself:

"I know I should be able to do it..." She began, prodding at the key with her index finger. "But it's different somehow. When I use my cards it's like...forcing the ethernanos to push the pins of a metaphysical lock into place; the card opens and the spell triggers. There are some subtleties perhaps, but it's an instant effect." She plucked the key from the table and handed it to Lester. "With this it's as though I need to channel the magic continuously, to hold the gate open for the spirit to come through --it makes sense give what I've read but...I uh, can't do it." She said, blushing slightly for the first time in months. She wasn't good at admitting her own flaws, especially when it came to magic; there were many things in life which came naturally to her but being a good wizard was not one of them --it had taken her years to learn to properly control the lost cards she typically wielded.

"Here, watch." She said, taking the key back and pushing herself away from the table. She stood and held the key out in front of her, fixing it with her penetrating gaze. The magic in the air began to sharply rise; prompting Elvira's clone to watch intently from the other side of the table. In an instant the key began to crackle with silver energy, almost like a miniature firework as it whirred and sputtered in her hand. It seemed the harder she tried the weaker the reaction became, eventually prompting her to set the key back down with a drawn out sigh. "See? It's like that every time."
    deltra of gangnam style

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi) MNaPexz

Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi) Empty Re: Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi)

Post by Lester Drynedi 25th June 2018, 1:22 pm

❀Lester Drynedi

Post WC:
    Total WC:
    Job Info:
    Sign-Up:
    Notes: ~~

She had asked him to help, it wasn't exactly a surprise as he was one of the few summoning mages in the guild, yet he had never though himself to be a good teacher, Rin had brought the topic up the other day, of how the other mage had gotten a small key which held some form of summon yet was unable to bond with it and bring it out of its shell. It was a little odd, every celestial summoner was different, he himself had bonds because of the emotions caused from their creation before being cast into the stars, whilst others had found the stars being brought forth due to a family connection or upbringing. He had arranged the day off, although it wouldn't likely take the entirety of it to get her back on track if they finished up early that just meant more time to get back to his own interests. With a casual outfit of brown pants and a pastel pink button up he had entered the room and slid into the chair he was so fond of. She had sort of card magic from the looks of it, yet it would be best to let her explain as best as she could before stepping in. Settling back a little he scooped up the nearby bear of Rins, it had been a while since he had snuggled the comfortable object.

It was a silver key, weighted and feeling heavy yet he simply let it rest in his hand, it would probably be awkward if he released whatever being was inside when it was her key. Yet she had determination, being quite sudden to display how she tried to open the gate, with a small crackle of power. Resting his chin on the head of the teddy his eyes followed her sigh of defeat. So this was something she wanted to achieve, yet as with many her enthusiasm was her downfall. "Celestial keys are different for everyone, yet the concepts are the same. What you summon tends to be something connected to you, whether its by emotions, your past, family history or something you don't even know about. However that does mean that you can't force it since you don't know what aspect of you will be used to bring forth the summon." His own keys were inside him as always, yet it was something he gave a moment of thought.

She would need to find that part of her without realizing it, "Just spend a moment, don't stress or force it, just hold it in your hand and think of yourself, who you are. It may take some time, you don't have to force your magic into the key think of it more as a blanket over the key." Sticking a sugared petal on his tongue the male's mind went back to his own acquisitions, they had been just keys in his storage waiting to be sold or transferred. An emotional outburst of memory and thought had sent his magic into a flurry and it had leeched into some nearby objects.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi) Empty Re: Opening the Gates (Training w/ Lester Drynedi)

Post by Elvira Arcade 25th June 2018, 5:34 pm

CRYSTAL SWAN
    ELVIRA ARCADE

981/2500 wordstagged
    Elvira nodded as she looked at the key again.

"Just let it wrap around the key like a blanket huh?" She said; staring intently.It was strange after all, that she should put so much effort into something like this; she never put effort into anything. It all just came naturally. She sighed and set the key down on the table, taking her focus off of it. "I suppose the problem is I don't really know who I am." She thought. "I've always been reactionary, avoiding responsibility when possible. Everything I am that's good was forced on me by other people: My musical education from my mother, fencing from my father, whatever the hell it was the old lady taught me..." She sighed and pressed her index finger down onto the silver key, spinning it in a circle around the table.

"I don't really know who I am or what I want I suppose, I'm content to just be most of the time...I like fame and wealth and attention, yet, none of those really get me any closer to what I want...to know why: Why the sky is blue or the grass green...why people exist in the first place. It all seems unnecessarily random." She said softly, puffing out her cheeks as she considered, secretly a little surprised to have just revealed all of that to someone she barely knew.

She wasn't really paying attention when the key started to sparkle beneath her finger; leaving a faint golden trail in its wake as it spun round and round. Elvira's twin was waving her hands and pointing, trying to get her attention, but the brown hair wizard has so deep in thought she hardly noticed. Suddenly a loud bell chimed and a glittering doorway opened into Rin's kitchen.

"Grrrreeeeeeeeeetttttinnnnngggggsssss!!!" An androgynous voice, high pitched, voice echoed from within. Suddely a strange silver and gold mask, adorned with gemstones and feathers burst through the gate and twirled its way around the room, leaving a trail of stardust in its wake. "Salutations beloved fans! It is I! Pavo! Most beautiful and beloved of all the Celestial Spirits! Tell me which one of my adoring fans summoned me!?"

Elvira was absolutely stunned, this wasn't at all what she had expected to produce; she found it hard to believe something so flamboyant and gaudy could come within her own being, at least not without serious help from the key in question.

"I um, I suppose I did." Elvira said, raising her hand.

The peculiar mask made one more orbit around the room and stopped, inches from the wizard's face.

"And you are?"

"My name is Elvira, Elvira Arcade, I'm a wizard with Crystal Swan."

"That's it?! No noble titles, no showy entrance, not even some type of magical girl transformation where all your clothes fly off? No no no this won't do at all. Please find me a more suitable companion and I will form a contract with them."
    The mask said, its gilded mouth moving as the words projected out.

"But..."
    Elvira said confused.

"Good day!" The mask exclaimed, disappearing in a shower of sparkles back into the key. Elvira blinked and looked back and forth between the small silver object and Lester's watermelon colored eyes.

"Um...now what?"
    deltra of gangnam style

Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lester Drynedi 3rd July 2018, 12:46 pm

❀Lester Drynedi

Post WC:
    Total WC:
    Job Info:
    Sign-Up:
    Notes: (you only need to do 2,000 words :3 )

Well there was no doubt that she was trying, that was obvious by the energy and intent that she released whilst staring at the key, it was intense. Yet a moment was needed to collect herself, seeming to just confidently spill out everything about herself, it was odd. For someone who seemed so independent it seemed to be similar to a dam holding back water. Everything seeming unnessesarily random, there was truth to that. For the world had laws, laws of science and magic, they were only in place due to the mages and people who had named and first carved them into the minds of similarly minded scienctists and educators.

It hadn’t come as a shock to him, the slight shimmering of soft golden hues had caught his eye, yet this was a moment which she needed to have herself. The gate opening was amusin, of course each summoners gate looked slightly different, What came through was no less extravagent than the gate itself. Quite the ornated face, something that screamed extra was plastered across the room, sparkling shimmering dust here and there. Pavo, so they had a name, not much more than a name and appearence.

Setling into the chair a little further he let amusement wash across his face, the expression showing how this little exchange was a little less boring than expected. She raised her hand, something he had not seen since the local village school. So this spirit or whatever, that she had connected with had quite the personality, of course they all had personalities but apparently this one had quite the strong one. He wanted a performance, a performer indeed.

"Well now you have a key, and you know what it summons. Doesn’t mean it’ll listen to you. So you need to find a common ground with it, whether you gain its respect, impress it, gain its favour.”

A thoughful expression crossed his face, ”There was mention of a lack of performance, and whatever it was that you broguth forth seemed to be some form of an entertainer. So if you want to be considered a superior or partner you’ll have to present something, You could ask to be apprenticed of sorts, get it to think that its teaching you. I doubt you’re the type to use force or manipulation over a summon. What sort of relationship do you want with a summon?” His eyes met hers, raising a brow slightly as he questioned her, after all everyone was different.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Elvira Arcade
    Elvira Arcade

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Elvira Arcade 5th July 2018, 3:41 pm

I'll be here...
    Elvira Arcade
    Elvira puffed out her cheeks and rested her chin in the palm of her hand as she listened to Lester's advice. Meeting the ace's melony gaze with her own.

"I hadn't really considered the type of relationship..." She said quietly, averting her gaze to stare at the doppelganger of herself who had stopped paying attention and begun noisily using a spoon to eat Rin's marshmallow-filled children's cereal straight from the box. "I suppose I'd just like a mutually beneficial, respectful, partnership." She said.

As if on queue small, colorful, marshmallow bits, skillfully launched from the clone's spoon began pelting Elvira's cheek.

"You know...the opposite of what I have with her." She said motioning to her pale double, which was in the process of drawing back her spoon catapult for another barrage. "I can perform though...that does seem to be what it wanted. I wonder what a magical girl is though and why it wanted me to take off my clothes. I am a female wizard...maybe I just need to summon it naked?" She pondered aloud. "Probably not."

She sighed and drummed her fingers on the table.

"I could just try being as flamboyant as it was I guess." She stood up and left the room, changing into a much flashier and colorful dress, one she typically only used during life performances or industry trade shows. She tussled her hair up into a wild pattern and quickly applied some sparkly makeup to her cheeks before returning to the kitchen and sitting down in front of the key again. "So. Impress it." She said, nodding at Lester.

Elvira held the key in her hands and called the spirit forth once more, finding the act of summoning itself much easier this time. The key began to glow once more and a now familiar voice boomed throughout the room as the strange floating mask appeared again.

"Salutations beloved fans! It is I! Pavo! Most beautiful and beloved of all the Celestial Spirits! Tell me which one of my adoring fans summoned me!?" Pavo proclaimed as it danced about the room.

This time Elvira didn't hesitate; she hopped to her feet and tossed the key into the air, twirling gracefully on one foot as she drew forth her deck of cards and launched them over her head, catching them, along with the key, in the hand behind her back. She brought them up and used them to fan her face as she struck a pose. She used the fingers of her other hand to form a V sign over her eyes and grinned widely.

"Greetings Pavo! It is I! Elvira Arcade: Beloved card wizard and fortune teller of Crystal Swan, famed daughter of the legendary Musketeer Dara Vochalm, acclaimed recording artist and world renowned model! I have called you forth because only someone as dazzling as yourself can hope to be a match for my legendary beauty, grace and skill!" She declared in a sing song voice. The real performance here was that she didn't believe most of what she'd just said, however, she was well practiced in self-aggrandizement so she doubted it would show.

"Wonderful! Finally someone worthy to summon me!" Pavo cackled. "I assume you're familiar with the standard celestial spirit summoning contract then?"

"Erm...of course not!" Elvira said, stumbling for only a moment. "My manager...Mr. Drynedi...he handles all such trivial matters as reviewing contracts for me!" She said, gesturing to the ace across the table.

"Ah yes, of course!" Pavo said cheerfully, spinning to face Lester. "Shall we all agree to the standard terms then?"

Elvira tapped her chin for a moment, deciding that, if this was going to be her spirit, then perhaps she should be in on the negotiation process; she decided to speak up and allow Lester to step in should the need arise.

"Perhaps it would be best if you laid out what exactly the standard terms are."
    She said thoughtfully. "After all someone of my caliber needs to make sure my needs are taken care of first and foremost." She quickly added; continuing the haughty persona the spirit seemed to appreciate.

"Very wise! Stars of our caliber should always see to it their riders are taken care of!" Pavo exclaimed, spinning around in a dazzling display. "Of course the most important rule enforced by the Celestial Spirit King is that I may neither directly or indirectly attempt to have you killed." He said thoughtfully. "But such barbarism is beneath me naturally! Then we must agree that you may summon me with the key but, either of us may close the gate should we so chose. We should endeavor to treat each other with respect. Finally you may terminate the contract with me at any time...or I shall be freed upon the event of your demise."

"It sound like things are heavily in my favor already...what am I missing? A performer of your level surely has some additional demands." Elvira said questioningly.

"Naturally." Pavo responded. "After each performance I shall require one bowl of assorted chocolate coated candies in various colors...but NO brown ones. May the spirit king help you if I find a brown one!"

"Erm...can you even eat them?" Elvira asked.

"I...well, no I can't. I enjoy looking at them though..." Pavo said. For a brief moment his vivacious persona slipped away and he seemed genuinely saddened; clearly it was something he wanted to do --Elvira felt a flash of pity.

"Well, you draw your energy from me while in the physical world, is that correct?"

"Indeed."

"Then perhaps, if you'll permit me; I could eat them on your behalf. If you draw energy from me and I draw energy from them then, in a way, you are eating them." Elvira said comfortingly.

"Y-yes well then..." Pavo stuttered. It was hard to tell what the intricate expressions on the face of a bizarre circus mask indicated but, Pavo seemed to sniffle slightly. "Yes, that would be lovely --I think you shall be an excellent partner!"

"Then we have a contract?" Elvira said with a grin.

"We do."
    The mask responded, floating into her arms where he was embraced. "I think this will be an enjoyable partnership." Pavo said contentedly before disappearing back into his key.

Elvira carefully put the key on a ring and hung it from her leg beside her cards. She hopped to her feet and walked around the table; throwing her arms around Lester with a smile.

"Thank you Lester! I think with your guidance I just might become a summoner yet!"
    OOC Comments
    2071/2000 words
    pyxis

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 5:14 am