Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Flower crowns (Private Astrid)

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Flower crowns (Private Astrid) Empty Flower crowns (Private Astrid)

Post by That Adopted Kid 26th April 2018, 10:49 pm

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t32656-character-job-king-of-carrot-flowers#328217

Sharp didn't know how to help people. She knew what they were feeling but she always bumbled her words and her actions were filled with jittering nonsense, but this, this job Sharp could do! It was simply all she had to do was pick flowers so an old man could make his wife happy in her final moments, it was so simple and perfect. Sharp couldn't possibly screw up picking flowers, anyone could do it, hell children did it and Sharp might as well be a child! She'd say she drank her milk and that's why she was so big and strong but deep down she knew it was from a much darker source than the utter of a moo cow, that and she never really consumed anything so...

Regardless she was here in the forest outside of magnolia in order to pick flowers! A task which Sharp would take very seriously and wouldn't at all screw-up. At least that's what Sharp thought she would do till she realized that she didn't know which flowers would be pretty for the woman. Her ignorance was hurting her at this moment, she didn't know what colors to coordinate. In a morbid way, Sharp was thankful that this "body" she had possessed red hair because she knew how to make red work with anything, but in terms of other colors, she was out of luck. Standing there in the middle of a flower field after hiking all the way into the woods and now faced with her lack of color coordination Sharp felt a soft defeat fall upon her. A light breeze coursed through the area as Sharp looked upon the various flowers in the patch wave back and forth, and she could only feel they were taunting her ignorance...

Post WC: 298

Total WC: 298/1000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flower crowns (Private Astrid) Empty Re: Flower crowns (Private Astrid)

Post by Guest 27th April 2018, 12:12 am

A beautiful field of flowers, hidden deep within the East Forest of Magnolia Town. It was a marvelous place, filled to the bring with any kind of flowers you could imagine. Roses, daises, bluebells, poppies, daffodils, you name it. If it was capable of blooming, it certainly grew here. The town it was located in was known for its particular skills with gardening, so it was no surprise such a place even existed within its territory. A beautiful flower field, where beautiful things took place. At least that's what the towns people said about it. And with the current job she was on? The elf had to agree. The old man's wish for his wife was an adorable one at that, such a pure hearted request. Their love for each other was, as she said before, beautiful.
    Though, with so many flowers around, there was just one problem...

"A-ACHOO!"

The slayer quite literally sneezed herself awake from her small nap sprawled out across the grass, some of the colorful petals that had been swept up by the wind and stuck to her body rising into the air before sinking back down across the field.
    Pollen.
    As pretty as flowers are, with so many of them confined into this wide open area and a small breeze carrying it around, the pollen levels were through the roof. It had irritated the slayer's nasal passage, leading to congestion and a stinging on the elf's skin. Little to say, she was having quite a hard time breathing, and overall just functioning as she was picking at the flowers. Eventually, over the time that she was trying to pick the flowers that went the best with each other, she had found herself slowly slipping into a slight hypnotic-like slumber. Astrid hasn't been getting the best sleep as of lately, thanks to the constant barge of night terrors that plagued her mind nightly. A little side effect of some post traumatic stress from the recent events, not that she would even admit to having such a thing anyway. But having these terrors made it harder for the wizard saint to sleep comfortably. When she was younger and had nightmares? She would usually scamper off to Lucius' room and crawl into bed with him. Even during her time on Terasu, when she wasn't having the best time sleeping she often curled up next to Sirius to try and ease the pain. But now? She had neither. Of course, she had Erika. But the thought of sleeping in a bed with her was a little... Strange. Only those married really slept in the same bed together, otherwise that would be pretty lewd. And she wasn't sure they were anywhere close to anything like that happening anytime soon. Besides that, even if she did get over the fact it might be considered impure to traverse into your significant other's bed, her pride was still there. She didn't really want to tell the dragon she was having these night terrors. Like always, the elf found more comfort in suffering alone than with others, as to not place a burden onto them. She had placed way too many of those onto others over the last couple of months. She was not about to place smaller ones where they were not needed.
    Still, this lead to night after night of sleeplessness. And with the sun's warm rays beaming down onto her in the middle of what others would think was just a mere photograph of a flowery field, she had managed to lull herself to sleep.
    Much needed sleep, mind you, but still she was kind of on a job, so it was rather bad she had done so in the first place.

A small snort came from the slayer, sniffling back the pollen built up inside of her nose. Groggily, she forced herself up from her bed of flowers and grass, rubbing under her eye in hopes of rubbing away some of the sleep. With another sniffle she gazed over the field, readjusting her eyes to the sunny light. After a moment of staring, did she spot another girl just a little bit away from her. Though it would have been hard to miss her, just by her bright red hair and the fact that she was super tall. For a moment there, she thought maybe the woman was just really close to her or something, but no she was actually quite a distance away from her, she was just... Really tall.
    A pang of rare jealous struck the girl for a second. Some girls just had all the luck, didn't they?
    But upon further inspection, this girl seemed rather... Worried for some reason. Instead of picking flowers she just stared at them with a timid expression. Like she wanted to pick them, but wasn't quite sure where to begin.
    With the slight breeze blowing across the field the elfling allowed it to caress her silver locks, blowing them gently out of her face. Her one single eye glanced down across the grass, scanning over it before she came across a pale yellow primrose. She reached over to her side, plucking it from the ground.
    "A pale yellow would go nice with red." She would call out to the red head, twirling the flower between her fingers. Using two fingers she would present the girl the flower, leaving it up to her if she would proceed towards her or not. "Primrose. It's rather pretty. I believe it represents youth or something along those lines. It also tastes like lettuce. Though, don't ask me how i know that." She would let out a sheepish laughed, though it would sound a bit strange due to her irritated airwaves.

WC: 956/1,000
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 27th April 2018, 12:54 am

Sharp was a bit shocked when suddenly a girl ascended from the flower bed, she even had a flower instead of her eye!? Was this girl some form of flower spirit or something come to aid Sharp in her time of need? Sharp didn't dare ask because she knew all too well what angering a spirit was like, considering she was one, and so she would simply try and keep her calm composure, though she fidgeted a bit when the girl started to talk. She was giving her advice on the types of flowers, wait there were types of flowers? Sharp just thought they had different colors not that they were different types, this was so confusing. Now she had to worry about different types of flowers and the colors and... for a brief moment Sharp tried to take comfort from her overworked brain in that at least what she was good at was simple.

Taking the flower Sharp's hand would shake a bit as she held something so delicate in her hands. "T-thank you... I'm sorry I don't know anything about flowers I just came out here because I was hired by an older gentleman to retrieve flowers for his dying wife... I'm just trying to do some good but I always screw it up so... I mean I don't even know what lettuce tastes like, is that a fruit or something?"

To most Sharp would seem very stupid, but to Astrid Sharp would probably feel like a breath of fresh air. Talking to one of the same mental maturity levels would probably be good for her, though Sharp was far more ignorant than Astrid and that was a terrifying thought.

"Why are you out here...? Do you just like flowers, well, of course, you do you have a flower for an eye but... What I mean to say is, is this where you live flower girl or? Not that living out here is bad it's very nice, it looks very pretty and the flowers go well with your appearance and..." Sharp let out a heavy sigh, "I'm such a spazz, my names Sharp, it's nice to meet you!"

Post WC: 360
    Total WC: 658/1000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 27th April 2018, 10:41 am

Astrid was pleased when the girl did in fact approach her and took the primrose from her fingers. Just merely observing her over just a few glances she seemed to be rather shy and timid, much like how she used to be herself. You know, before all the struggles and hardships. There was something about her that seemed so innocent and pure. The way she held the flower so delicately, as if she was afraid she would crush the decollete plant. While flowers weren't the most sturdy things in the world, merely touching them wasn't going to make them fall apart. But with the way her shaky hand grasped so lightly onto the stem, one would think it was made of glass or something.
    A bit of pity filled the elven girl's gaze as she stared up to the taller woman, offering her a small smile. By what she could actually make out through the stutters and fumbling, apparently this Sharp person was on the same quest that she was. Not surprising, seeing as how his notice seemed to be on every board in Fiore. There were bound to be multiple people taking this job. But of all people who would take this job, Sharp seemed to be very uncertain of herself. All they were doing was picking flowers. The old man hadn't specified they even needed to pick certain kinds, he just wanted them to get as many as they could. The girl was working herself up over nothing.
    The slayer ran her fingers through her hair, pushing it back a little while also managing to loosen a few of the petals that had gotten tangled in there. "While it would be nice to live in a place like this, i'm only here for the same reason you are."
    Pushing herself up the wizard saint got to her feet, a bit wobbly, but after a moment she managed to regain her balance. She was about to offer her another smile, only to grow jealous once more when she had to basically crane her neck to even make eye contact with the red head. Of all the times she felt stupid for not asking Erika for a taller body, this was definitely the most she regretted it.
    But fuming over being vertically challenged could come at another time. She had already wasted enough of it by falling asleep, and being tall wasn't Sharp's fault. You know, it always came down to genes and all. As sad as it was, Astrid didn't think she got her father's in that department. Pushing away her jealousy as much as she could the elf's smile tugged a bit on the right. "Astrid. The pleasure's all mine." Despite her best efforts, the jealousy was still strong in her voice. With a deep breath, the elf would wheeze slightly, since she just basically inhaled more of the pollen. Her crimson eye watered, trying her best to keep down a cough.
    "So, Sharp, was it? How many flowers have you collected so far? If you're having trouble, i could help you." Seeing as how she was a bit unsure of herself, Astrid though it would be best to see if she could try and help her. That way, they would be able to combine their efforts and pick twice as many as they would have alone. A pretty genius idea, if she did say so herself. And she did say so, because if she didn't then no one would have said it.
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 11th May 2018, 2:12 am

Wait the flower lady didn't live in this field of flowers, then why did she have a flower instead of a second eye. Maybe she could see flowers easier with it, or taste flowers? Why would an eyeball taste flowers, Sharp had never heard anyone scream in pain "ow my taste of flowers" when their eyes fell out so maybe this was just a special case, perhaps she had flower magic! Having flower magic sounded fun since you could make so many pretty things, and it didn't involve killing others. Well, she supposed one could make a flower magic that murdered if they wanted to, maybe some vines that crush you or flowers that grow inside of you and explode outwards in pretty colors. Nah no one was that sadistic, besides why would you kill someone with something so cute?

That seemed like an ironic statement coming from sharp because, if she could be so humble, she could be considered cute, though many said her height was a bit off-putting for the whole cuteness aspect... ANYWAY at this moment, Sharp needed to concentrate on collecting flowers, and Astrid brought up a very good point, just how many flowers had Sharp gathered... the answer was one, the one Astrid had given her.

"I've uh... collect one, but it's a nice flower! I just don't know what sort of colors go together. I know how to color coordinate red really well, but I don't think his dying wife would want red flowers, they should be happy, but I don't know which colors go with which together, so if I may be selfish, would you mind helping me decide which colors to use Astrid?"

Post WC: 281
    Total WC: 939/1000

Post by Guest 16th May 2018, 1:31 pm

Red. It was a nice color, fairly vibrant. Astrid supposed it made sense that the main color Sharp knew how to color coordinate was red, seeing as both her hair and her eyes were of the same color. Probably chose her outfits based mostly around what would go good with them. At least that's what she assumed, since the elf did the same exact thing. Though it was a bit harder with her, since the lightness of her silver hair caused her eyes to pop a little more against it. It made choose outfits a living hell, trying to decide what went both of the fairly different hues. But as someone who cared so greatly for her appearance, there was always going to be a struggle of what she thought looked best.

However, clothes and flowers were two very different things. While the slayer didn't think the exact color of the flower mattered that much, she could see where the girl was coming from. Red was a color associated with anger and rage, just simply looking at it long enough could cause you to feel the emotion despite nothing else triggering it. It was Color Psychology, something the elf had learned from the neighbor next door who would come help with the flowers sometimes. Having mostly red wouldn't really make the old woman feel comfortable.
    Astrid nodded her head ins response to the girl's request, letting out a chipper "of course, i'd love to help."
    Her crimson eyes glanced around the field for a moment, her gaze traveling downward before she bent down to pick up three differently colored flowers. Blue, pink, and yellow. Casting a smile she would present them to Sharp.
    "An easy way to color code something is by Color Psychology. Like for instance, how do these colors make you feel? What pops into your mind when you see them?"
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 30th May 2018, 11:07 pm

How did the flowers make her feel? Sharp hadn't considered her own feelings for the flowers, mostly because she didn't think her opinion mattered. It would be a good source of what was pretty however if Sharp used her own feelings to try and see just what colors were nice together or what kinds she liked. Perhaps the issue was that she was colorblind in the sense that she never cared what colors were where so long as it didn't make her eyes bleed her nonexistent blood. As Sharp took the flowers one by one and tried to organize them into a little crown, she felt positive emotions for many of them, but it wasn't till she found a clump of nightshades that she decided to adjust the crown to be almost entirely them, that and a little red tulip as the jewel for the arrangement.

"I uh... I like this style it's pretty and nice... I hope she does too, thanks for helping me out Astrid, I hope you can make a pretty one sometime, not that your eye isn't pretty I mean flowers are nice but... well... uh, ANYWAY have a nice time I better get back she doesn't have much time left so hopefully she's not dead."

It seemed just as quickly as Sharp appeared she left into the shadow of the forest, a bit embarrassed after speaking with Astrid and calling her flower eye pretty, as she didn't know if that was horrible or not. Maybe Astrid thought it wasn't pretty and Sharp had just insulted her, Sharp sure hoped that wasn't the case as she didn't want to offend Astrid, she was nice and helped her make a flower crown, but at the same time Sharp didn't seem the best in dealing with people even when she could feel their emotions. As she vanished into the darkness like an emo little kid Sharp tried to regain her confidence that the crown would be great!

Sadly when she arrived the woman was perfectly fine and loved the crown, enjoy that fake out.

Post WC: 346
    Total WC: 1285/1000

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 2:09 am