Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5)

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,787.5

When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5) - Page 2 Empty Re: When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5)

Post by Amora Shade 4th December 2017, 9:09 pm

I wince slightly from the yelling feeling like i'm being scolded by my parents as you do so as i hide the smile that is threatening to appear on my face. As i feel like you actually care if you are yelling at me to try and protect my life. Even if the cause can be simple me throwing my life to trying to protect yours. Upon hearing your question i just look at you and says simply with some difficulty do to the chest wound. It means that i would cease to exist within this plane of existence unable to do anything with the people who are here unless i was resurrected like these people. I say understanding the consequences of dying.

Also for things i want to do in this world. What is their to do? I have lived alone for winters on end with no clear idea of what i would do when i would interact with another human being. Then i met you someone who was clearly broken on the inside do to whatever is going on with yourself. Whatever it is it is their, so i decided to try and give meaning to my life by helping you live so you can find meaning in whatever happened. I say softly as i look to the sky. Without you Verus i am just a traveler in a land i don't know. No direction or goals to speak of since their is no dream to chase if i don't know what i can actually do. If i didn't meet you that day i am sure i would've survived through the wild, but eventually i would meet people and who knows if i would've been lucky enough to meet kind people. I say as i turn my head away. My life currently has no meaning without any direction to point myself in.

Why i saved you is simple, and you should figure it out by now Verus. You're a smart person. I say with a smile on my face. You have direction and purpose that could actually go somewhere in this life. Meanwhile i a just a cave girl who gets strange looks since i can't understand anything i see in your homes. So why not save the person who has a better future? Why not save the person who is trying without really meaning to, to help find my way in life. Why wouldn't i help the person that i could call my first friend in winters. I'm selfish like every human being and just protected the thing that is precious to me, and is giving me meaning in this world. I say simply stating what i think it is. Not really sure having just acted on instinct really. But my mind is trying to give that meaning where their could be absolutely none.

Cultists? I say confused not knowing that word, but from how it was said i can easily determine it is nothing good.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t29734-amora-shade#310137
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Legacy
    Guild : Black Rose
    Mentor : Izayuki
    Experience : 32,850

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fictitous Actuality
    Second Skill: W.I.P.
    Third Skill:

When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5) - Page 2 Empty Re: When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5)

Post by Oras Auro 4th December 2017, 9:29 pm

Oras summarized what she was saying to him into this: She had no purpose, nor worth. She needed someone to guide her onto a path and she saw Oras as being kind to do this for her, whether knowingly or not. Therefore she wished to protect him at all costs in return. He was silent for the longest time before leaning against once of the trees, the crust cracking beneath him. He looked at her for a while. She truly did not look at herself as having any worth or use? She reminded him of himself before he ran into the wizard guild known as the Black Rose guild. The guild had been a sore spot for him, but since a wizard in the guild seemed to know who Raven was, he supposed that after all this time he'd need to go and investigate it soon... He stared at Amora in silence, and when she used the word winters instead of years, part of him wanted to correct her on that. However, he decided against it. Partly because it gave her a unique way of speaking that helped her stand out amongst others, but partly for a reason he could not explain. He sighed as he leaned his unprotected head against the tree side. "You're wrong you know. You have worth. You don't know what you'd want to do in this world? Then learn. I can give you access to books that will help you better learn this world's nations, cultures and ways of life when we aren't training or discussing. If you have questions or want advice on something, see me... But swear to me Amora, that you won't be this reckless, again. From what I can tell, these cultists can and will only be getting stronger the further we investigate. Swear to me.. And I'll do what I can to train and protect you."

What was throwing him off guard was two things. The first was that before she started speaking, it looked to Oras like she was trying to hide a smile. Why was that? He had no way of knowing currently. And in addition to this, her last sentence involved her indirectly calling him something that was 'precious' to her. In what manner was she referring to, and why would she call him that at all? It unnerved him and wondered if there was some scheme or plot to this... Yet somehow he didn't feel like she had anything at all. He rarely went against his instincts, and he would not be going against them today. In fact, he felt like Ruvel was someone whom he should see again, and try talking to him now that he'd recovered, or hopefully recovered. Amora asked him what cultists were. "A cult is a group or system of religious followers directed to a particular figure or item. What these cultists worship is unclear, however we can rule out items since he mentioned his 'Lord'. If we can figure out what this book title reads, or discern some of the text inside, perhaps we can translate enough where we can find out what exactly they worship... Are you well enough to walk?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

When the Dead Walk, Plague Questline (5/5) - Page 2 TEm5Pci

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 4th December 2017, 9:44 pm

Verus your head is against the tree protect it will you. We don't know yet the full extent of this corruption. I say to you seeing your head that is unprotected touching the tree that is basically covered in the corrupt nature of these cult's plans. Still looking after you when i am the injured one. When you ask if i am good to walk i just nod my head as i try to sit back up fighting back the burning i feel in my chest from the wound. Instead i press on and stands fully up with a hand against my chest as i take slow breathes to steady myself. I smile a bit at your genuine care you're showing now. I'll swear in trying to not be as reckless Verus. By the way i like the hair color. Red looks nice on you from the limited amount you permit me to see. I say with a smile on my face as i look over to you as i wonder how much of the world their is? There couldn't be that much more could their?

I'll do my best to learn beyond my basic fighting i guess Verus time to actually learn of the world outside my small spectrum. I say with genuine interest of the world that lies beyond where i am. I then hear of this book and i just tell you rather flat out. Just look at how it is written. It will take time for certain, but translating shouldn't be that difficult if you can find a pattern. That is all language is find a pattern try to find out what that common thing is and compare it to our language then build from their. The most common symbol in that should reflect the most common letter in our language. I say to you as i start to walk towards the village ignoring the pain i feel with each step. Not wishing to complain about what i see as a simple thing, and then that reminds me. Hey ummm Verus. What was that white energy around me, and why did the guy seem to know what it was? I ask curiously and innocently not knowing the answer myself, but having noticed the cultist say about "Oh you are one of them, lets see if you learned your power".

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 4th December 2017, 10:08 pm

Oras rolled his eyes when she spoke to him about the tree. She was there when they determined what it was and how it worked. It would have no effect on him, only plants specifically. It took the mass itself to do any harm to him, and that was after a certain amount of time. It would take a long while for it to infect Oras in any way. In addition, the crust had no magic energy in it, and was in no way directly connected to the mass or weeds. There was no way it could harm him at all. "We've already discerned that the crust on the trees not only has no magical energy or draining abilities of any sort, but it also isn't directly connected with the mass or weed network. It's a result from the tree losing it's energy and life force in the particular manner in which it loses it. Therefore I am rather safe Amora." This was going to be a rather annoying time it seemed. Amora was protective of him for some reason, and hopefully he'd change that. He needed her to be focused on strengthening herself, protecting herself, and above all, staying alive. She was severely injured as of right now so she shouldn't be opening her mouth and talking in the manner she was right now. Finally she swore to him that she would no longer be as reckless. He nodded but would be keeping an eye on her until he was absolutely certain that she was indeed honest with him. Once she had proven that she was going to remain cautious, then he'd believe her. Suddenly she mentioned how she liked the color of his hair and how it looked good on him. He blinked, not understanding why she'd say something like that, nor how it was relevant at all. "The color of hair is simply color. It helps to identify an individual, but it can also be dyed and changed. Nothing more, nothing less."

She promised to him that she would do all she could to learn beyond the basics of combat and try to learn more of the world outside her small spectrum of view. He nodded thoughtfully. Combat would still be a big part of her time, however they indeed needed to get to her lessons on the world around. And not just the philosophical spectrum, but the ways of culture and social skills. Oras didn't have them, but that didn't mean she didn't have to go without. He'd find someone to teach her, perhaps. He doubted Ruvel was someone skilled in that area. Not with the way he'd reacted to Oras the last few times they had encountered each other. But perhaps if Ruvel knew someone else.. Oras would need to spend some time with them to determine if they were trust worthy or not, and he'd be there the entire time, but otherwise he needed someone to help Amora learn social skills.

He shook his head when she spoke about the book and learning the language that way.
    "It's not as simple as you think Amora. Many languages, especially ancient languages, can be extraordinarily different from our own. They may have fewer, or more words or symbols than we do for one example. The words will most likely be completely foreign to us. They may not have words like 'the' 'we' 'hello' etc., and instead have rather vague words that mean something if put in a specific pattern. They may have a completely different way to specify whether something is first second or third person, the list goes on and on. No. Unless we have a basic start off for translation, this could take years and years." He watched as she moved to walk with him, each step seeming to be a pain for her to take. It would serve as a good lesson in his mind, but as they started walking he heard her ask him about the white energy. So she didn't know anything about it after all huh? "I don not know. It appeared to be a white flame yet it felt cold as ice being near you in that state. When it fully consumed you, you fell into a state of berserk. Friend nor foe would be safe around you in such a condition it would seem, and from what I can tell anger is what triggered it. We'll find someone who can help you with this, don't worry. In the meantime just manage your emotions."

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 4th December 2017, 10:18 pm

I nod my head understanding what you are saying but i look to you with a slight grin. While what you say is true Verus hair color is also something unique something that our parents pass down to us, so why change something that is like a gift that is eternally ours that is difficult to take away. To have that one thing that will always connect us to the family we have alive or dead since if magic can resurrect the dead whose to say their isn't some kind of spirit sort of realm. If hair is linked to your family why change something that is basically a eternal gift from the people that care the most about you? I say with a small smile. Knowing hair color is just that the hair it is also the first thing people usually see, and can draw them in to try and get to know the person.

Upon hearing about the book i nod my head slightly embarrassed for not thinking of that, but i don't even think about the concept that i barely understand our language as is. Yet i am trying to help decipher a book that is in another language entirely with different writing rules. As you talk about the white flame i nod my head as i wonder what kind of anger triggered it? I don't remember being in such a state before, and i do remember being angry at the villagers but it didn't activate then? This power is something to definitely look into if i am able to do so. Especially if a cultist that is supposedly worshiping some ancient god knew of this. From what i can tell that is never a good thing to happen.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 4th December 2017, 10:34 pm

Amora talking about how the color of the hair, or rather the genetic code in the hair, was passed down from their parents and thus connected descendants to their ancestors and parents. It was there he fell silent. His parents..... He did not wish to think of them. They were dead, but they were not missed either. Or rather, not missed greatly. The only person he wished to see from his childhood was Raven, though he didn't even know how she would have been effected. He pulled his hood back up, covering his hair and shadowing his mask yet again, and gestured for Amora to follow him. "Come on. Let's go inform the guards."

Over time they reached the village, though it took much longer than usual with Amora having to slow her pace a little. When they did reach the village, Oras dropped the dead cultist at the guard's feet. A wizard, more than likely sent from the magic counsel from the way his attire appeared. More than likely one of the townspeople sent word to the magic counsel after Oras and Amora left earlier. Amaline ran out, shocked to see Amora in an injured state and tried to help her. It was almost as if she had entered a state of caring mother, hoping to help Amora get better sooner. Oras would leave Amora to deal with Amaline as he walked over to the wizard and showed him the book. "We're dealing with cultists. The obsidian obelisk is in the forest somewhere and is the source of the plague. However we were unable to lay even a scratch on it. Perhaps the magic counsel can handle it. In the meantime I wanted to see if you could decipher any of this. It could give us a clue as to what exactly we'll be facing. This isn't over, and I will handle it. Regardless of what the counsel says. I'm seeing this through to the end." The wizard looked at Oras curiously before taking the book and looking through it real quick. "...Very well then, we'll try to keep in touch. How should we contact you?" "I'll be returning to a campsite near this village daily in order to check in. If you have reports, you can bring them there. If I am absent, leave them in a chest and bury it by the fireplace." The man nodded before turning and leaving.

Amora Shade
    Amora Shade

Player 

Post by Amora Shade 4th December 2017, 10:42 pm

I follow you back towards the village as i try to keep the face that i am perfectly fine to everyone that is their however that is ruined the moment Amaline runs towards her and starts acting like a mother fretting over her injuries. It is really fine ma'am their is no need to take care of me. I try to say to her, but it seems this woman wouldn't have any of this from me as she forces me back towards her house to take care of my injuries as i look back to you and gives you a small wave as i then fully enter the home as the door closes as i am taken to have my wounds checked and healed by this doctor lady. I grin a bit glad that i can stop acting for a bit since this woman is already acting like a mother hen. This really hurts. I groans as i holds my hand near my chest regretting my decision to walk all the way hear do to my chest feeling like a burning throbbing mess of pain.

I just follow the woman's orders that she gives out to try and heal me if any since i would prefer to get this over with, and then to figure out what that white flame is if their is any information on it in the towns. Or if they would have to wait till the book is deciphered for that information to be given to them.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 5th December 2017, 8:41 am

Oras walked over to Amaline's house, which Amora seemed to have been moved into.  He opened the door and saw the woman tending to the girl's wounds.  He nodded.  "Good.  I could only do so much with the materials I had on hand."  The scientist looked at Oras, her motherly side coming on.  "How did this happen?"  Oras sighed as he really didn't feel like he had to explain himself to this woman.  However to spare himself some annoyance he'd give her the details.  "We encountered a cultist who was protecting the source.  I was immobilized for a second or two when she took it upon herself to take him on one on one.  Which she will not, be doing, again."  The woman started to lecture Amora after that but Oras took no real heed.  He walked into the sitting room and placed the coin on the table, with the skull side facing up.  He sat down with his hands folded together as he looked at the coin.  He stared at it for a full ten minutes before closing his eyes...  And went over everything again.

The plague, created and designed to siphon the energy and life force out of any living thing, including the very earth itself.  Unable to pass a certain radius, and collects all said energy to convert it into something that is unknown to them.  Cloaked figures sent out to check in on the progress of the growth, as well as to protect the source of the plague.  It was placed, but whoever had placed it was of a high position in this newfound cultist organization, and didn't feel the need to watch the progress themselves.  Which meant something bigger was happening.  Something would happen soon, that was a guarantee.  The man's words were the clue, the cypher, that needed cracking.  He spoke of how the world was wrong thanks to death.  If that were so then what was it they were seeking out?

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 12:56 pm