Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Blood Darkened Tides.

Ixchel
    Ixchel

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Caine's Descent
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Blood Darkened Tides.  Empty Blood Darkened Tides.

Post by Ixchel 18th September 2017, 4:18 am

What had started as a promising morning was beginning to rapidly deteriorate. Ixchel had departed the ship which had for several weeks been her home on the long voyage to Fiore. While much of the journey had been a time to engage in rest and relaxation there had been several highlights. The ocean was a mysterious and ancient abode and the creatures that dwelt there had seen eons no son or daughter of man could claim knowledge of. Ixchel had seen just enough of these creatures to know that she was both fascinated and terrified of them in equal measure.

After acclimatizing to a surface that did not rock and sway beneath her Ixchel had wasted no time in perusing the local attractions. Old sailors sang shanties of mermaids and buried treasure for clipped copper pennies. Dock side whores plied their trade, a madame even attempting to coax Ixchel into her establishment to see her stable of 'beautiful young lads'. Lastly and most interesting to the foreign priestess was the puppet shows that were being performed. Countless tiny dramas unfolded within the canvas walls of these microcosms. Knights killed princesses and married dragons, babies were fed to crocodiles and moon faced scoundrels hung judges in their own court.

Ixchel was enthralled. Even Tlatocan seemed interested turning his granite gaze towards these spectacles. Surprisingly neither Ixchel's dusky complexion nor the hulking form of Tlatocan gave the citizens of Lavanitir much pause. Clearly their town was highly cosmopolitan and all manner of exotic and downright strangers passed through. Mages Ixchel noted were also not a rarity. While they did not wear the feather finery that denoted rank among her people it wasn't hard to spot those with magical talent. Though their mannerisms and dress were frequently outlandish they carried a certain sense of magic - both tantalizingly familiar and yet subtly alien when compared to the sorcery of the deep jungle.

After taking in the sights Ixchel's stomach began to make protesting noises. Having skipped on the ships breakfast the priestess decided that it was time for a substantial lunch. Heading to one of the roadside carts Ixchel had ordered in passable fioran a number of pastries. Having been handed the first of these she took a bite finding the taste to her liking. Fishing in her pocket she produced five cacao beans to pay the man for the meal. Even though this price was more than generous for such a basic meal the vendor became angry proclaiming that she pay with real money. Ixchel attempted to explain that in her home the beans were currency and that she was sorry but she didn't have any other sources of funds. Becoming increasingly angry the vendor began to yell about calling the guard to arrest Ixchel & the local mages to dismantle her golem if she did not front up the money for her despoiled pastry.

Such a silly and minor thing but already it looked to be causing a huge upset in Ixchels plans unless she could figure out a way to diffuse the situation.
    Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 1,225

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Takeover: Heaven's Traitor & Hell's Exile (W.I.P.)
    Second Skill: 2nd Gen Shadow Dragon Slayer (W.I.P,)
    Third Skill:

Blood Darkened Tides.  Empty Re: Blood Darkened Tides.

Post by Lilim 18th September 2017, 1:41 pm

It had been a long while since I stepped foot in Lavintir Port, many years ago, as a small child, unknown and unabashed to the dark seeping of a soul. However, nothing seemed to change for this city, the people were obstinate, the streets still clean, and those who fell into the activities of the underbelly were found in the grimiest locales. It took a great fraction of my will to not take a whore and drain her of her life-force, but I walked from the docks to the main city, well, to the district still attached to the docks, and looked around, and the most notable thing happening was a tribal woman trying to pay a man in beans. I laughed, and walked over with my Jewel in hand. I noted the golem looking machination, but I didn't mind it, as Aemal was basically the same thing, only a living soul is trapped within a forever decaying and forever regenerating shell. I walked over to see to this interesting display, and handed over money, enough to make the annoying merchant gulp, before he drew away to see how much I'd given him. However, I made a mental note to send Aemal after the man's stall later, but inconspicuously, after dark, so that no one would attack him. I then drew away from the stall, and walked down the street, no longer amused by the aggravating merchant, or the innocent tribal woman. I walked off for a good long while against the flow of traffic, splitting the tide of the masses as I went.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Blood Darkened Tides.  Z8lAzQC
    Ixchel
    Ixchel

Post by Ixchel 18th September 2017, 5:52 pm

So frequently when we are in need or placed in a precarious situation no one steps in to help us. Those who bear witness simply pass on by, not deigning to let an unnecessary complication into their already tangled lives. This makes moments of spontaneous kindness that much more precious when they do occur. Quickly gulping down what remained of my lunch I scanned the street for the whereabouts of my savior.

Seeing that the figure was already pushing off into the milling crowds of pedestrians I hurried to catch up with her. Tlatocan followed a distance behind me at a more leisurely pace causing more than a few curses to be uttered regarding alchemists and their lack of respect for personal space. Catching up to the woman I took in her appearance. The first thing struck me was her height - though I am considered tall in my community the woman had at least two inches on me. I had seen jaguar knights  shorter than her though of course she lacked the masculine bulk that these warriors cultivated. The second thing that became apparent was her ears. Pointed like those of an ocelot instead of the normal  curve seen in humans.

Something had was stirring in the back of my mind. An entry from a dusty codex I read in preparation for this journey to the West. Lithe, tall and beautiful with pointed ears. Perhaps my rescuer was in fact an ... elf ? It certainly seemed to be that way. Wracking my memory for information about elves I strained to remember what lore was gleaned from sailors tales and traders fancies. They despised cold iron - of which I had none , stole children - of whom I was also thankfully bereft, couldn't outright lie though their truth twisting was legendary and oh .... bound mortals into unbreakable contracts through small favors.

It would seem that I had escaped from the anaconda right into the mouth of the ahuizotl. Should this debt go unpaid Huitzilopochtli knew what would happen. So I rushed ahead placing myself in front of the willowy figure. Bowing low and avoiding eye contact I spoke in what I hoped was good Fiorian.

"Lady Elf I thank you for generosity. If there is something I may do to repay you I will endeavor to set about it immediately. I have no children to give you as servants but I am young, strong and know some little magics taught to me by the priests of my land. Make known to me your desire and I shall bequeath it to you. "

If this failed I could offer blood. The codex's had spoken nothing about elves thirsting for such substance but in my land everything had desired the substance from the lowest jungle sprite to the star demons that waited in the abyssal void of night and even the gods themselves in their heavens. Things couldn't be that different here could they ?
    Lilim
    Lilim

Heaven's Traitor

Heaven's Traitor

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 1,225

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Takeover: Heaven's Traitor & Hell's Exile (W.I.P.)
    Second Skill: 2nd Gen Shadow Dragon Slayer (W.I.P,)
    Third Skill:

Post by Lilim 18th September 2017, 9:39 pm

Hearing a female voice from behind me, I spun around, and started to exude my God-like aura: Of blood and darkness. I heard her words, but as I listened, at the latter end of her speech, I held my finger against their mouth ethereally, and spoke lightly: "While I thank you for your offer, I must refuse. Furthermore, I am no elf, though I have commonly been mistaken for one."
    I then took but a moment, flashing my black Iris red, and noted her own aura, taking in the slight intangibility of those who are god-touched, but I also noted a fiery spirit to her, and so I let the eye fade back to black, and let the hair fall back down in its place. I waited slightly, before laughing lightly at seeing the intense expression call down upon their face, before taking their hand for but a moment, and using my finger, cutting her arm deeply enough to draw lengths of blood that I could take, and yet not enough to hurt the warrior. I then drank lightly, only for a couple moments, and then closed the wounds. I then let their hand fall back to their side, a curving line that stretched like a curving snake stretching up from their forearm. I smiled lightly, and said a little bit more, to the warrior: "The debt is paid, Warrior of Unknown Gods. I hope their power is enough to sustain your fiery spirit. If you need me, call on me. It'll be nothing too difficult, don't worry, cut a line through the snake. Bealtaine Fortune tú a choinneáil ina graiseanna maith" I then turned, and faded into the shadows of the crowd of mortals, leaving the Warrior to answer the questions of the confused masses, and those who looked on, until they left. I waited and watched as the crowd dispersed, before disappearing down the alley, all the while still exuding my aura.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Blood Darkened Tides.  Z8lAzQC
    Ixchel
    Ixchel

Post by Ixchel 19th September 2017, 3:29 pm

There exists in the jungles of my homeland a certain prized fruit. It's taste is considered to be the most exquisite delicacy for those with a refined palate. However there also exists another fruit remarkably similar in appearance which is deadly poisonous. Many explorers and would be dilettantes of the culinary delights have fallen prey to this deceptive impostor fruit. Surely the gods included a lesson here - do not always assume something is as it seems.

Unlike the deceased gourmands it seems that I was let off lightly. As the goddess displayed her aura my third eye perceived the telltale signs of blood and the darkness of old night. I did not resist the motions as she sliced my skin and drank from my lifeblood. Such a sacrament was necessary for the continuation of the fifth world. Were the gods not present to defend the edges of reality all manner of demons would rise up ensuing primordial chaos replaced the structured order of our day to day existence.

Confirming that I had paid my debt and even offering her assistance should I require it the divinity merged with the surrounding gloom. Pointed questions were asked by onlookers and judgments made about the veracity of what had actually transpired. But as I could offer little in the way of cogent explanation I was soon dismissed in favor of more entertaining pursuits.

Tlatocan standing silent and nearly motionless until now pointed with one stone finger. There was a trail of spectral blood leading into the alleyway. It would seem that the goddess might be testing my aptitude to pick up on astral phenomena. If so I didn't want to disappoint her. With Tlatocan trailing behind me I began to follow the ethereal trail into the alleyway.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 3:32 pm