Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo)

Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Godaime: Bai Hu

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Motor City Rush- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 2237.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fantasy Summon: Super Hero
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) Empty To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo)

Post by Axilmeus Steel 21st July 2017, 6:19 am

Job Specs:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Motor City Rush- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) Empty Re: To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo)

Post by Axilmeus Steel 22nd July 2017, 7:00 pm

To be a hero... to help those around you without worrying about how it benefits you, or the danger it puts you in. This is what I strive for. This is what my life's purpose is. I have failed those who I loved in the past, and now, it is time for me to pay the ultimate price. I will put my life down for the sake of others. I will use my powers for good. I will become the hero. Katherine, my dearest sister, I will either make you proud or join you. As for you Victor... I hope that one day I will be able to understand what made you do what you did. I will never forgive you in life, but in death, I hope we can reconcile. Now... let me make my peace with myself, as today I may die...

"Ummmm..." the archaeologist took a deep gulp, "Are you alright, mister, erm... Darknight?" he asked. From the moment they first met, Guy Stratus had been uneasy around the imposing figure in the black armor and skeletal visage. Despite the fact that Darknight had promised that he had completely good intentions, and was as virtuous as any member of an official legal guild, Guy would naturally be weirded out by such a brooding, quite, and macabre figure. He had been very quiet the whole walk through the ruins, which was rather unnerving to the generally bubbly, nerdy Guy. The archaeologist was admittedly hoping for a more talkative hero to come to his aid, though in the end he supposed he couldn't complain, as any help was help.

In the darkest, raspiest tone Sigurd could muster, he responded, "I'm entirely fine," and then continued walking. The two men proceeded to walk in silence for about 10 minutes before stopping as the hallway widened out into a long, wide room with colored stone tiles on the floor.

"Hold on Darknight! I've seen these traps before. Usually the colors have some sort of significance, let me test it." Reaching into his bag, he procured four stones, and threw them at the tiles, one for each color. The first stone landed on a blue tile, and was crushed in on itself through some sort of gravity magic. The second landed on a red tile, and burst into flames, although, as it was stone, it wasn't harmed very much. The third landed on a green tile, and began to dissolve as if it were coated in strong acid. None of these seemed very appealing. The last tile color, yellow, seemed to be the only safe one. "Hey, you said you have some sort of spacial magic... er... spacial super-powers, right? Can't you just teleport us across?"

"I have a more interesting idea," replied the "super-hero," drawing his blade, Gilgamesh, and pointing to the ground in front of him, "Come, Birdman, Defender of the Skies!" he proclaimed, as a white disc of energy appeared, emerging from it a winged man dressed in green. This being the first time he had seen Darknight's powers in use, Guy was astonished at the display. Birdman spread his wings, and began floating in front of the other two men.

"Boss, what do you need me for?"

"Ahhhhh, I get it," said Guy, "You can summon characters from comic books."

Flustered, not having expected his client to recognize the hero, Darknight stuttered "Ah w-well, actually, the comic book characters are based on these heroes from another dimension." This was a lie, but Guy didn't know any better, and just accepted it. Guy smiled, as suddenly Darknight seemed to be much more human than he seemed. "Birdman, fly to the other side. I think there is a switch that could deactivate these traps."

"Gotcha, boss," replied the winged man, soaring over the tiles, and pressing his hand to the switch. The tiles all flipped over, revealing all yellow tiles. The two men and the summoned hero the continued into the next room, unaware of what awaited them beyond that door.

(Word Count: 671/2000)

Status Report:

Guy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 22nd July 2017, 7:09 pm

(Here come the baddies)
    Monster Roll

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 22nd July 2017, 7:09 pm

The member 'Axilmeus Steel' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) UtKyMUJ
    Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 22nd July 2017, 9:20 pm

Block dice for the next post

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 22nd July 2017, 9:20 pm

'Block Dice' :
    To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) Block To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) Block To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) FailedBlock
    Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 22nd July 2017, 9:48 pm

Birdman hovered in front of Sigurd, leading the group, while Guy walked behind. He had sheathed his sword at this point, but since it had been a while since they encountered the last trap, the mage was on high alert for anything dangerous they could accidentally trigger. "Guy, make sure to be on the lookout for anything that seems suspicious..." no response. "Guy? Guy...? Guy?" he called out, looking around for his client. Unexpectedly, or perhaps expectedly, as Sigurd was on high alert for any traps, after all, walls rose up, dividing up the hallway. Guy must have gotten trapped in something like this, "Birdman, be ready for enemies!" he called out.

"Right, sure thing boss!" responded his summon, bracing himself for any foes that might appear in front of him, and facing his back to his summoner, so as to keep an eye on all locations in this new room made by the booby trapped walls. Without warning, the walls seemingly came to live, and two stone golems seemed to ooze out, confronting both Sigurd and Birdman by launching a blast of seeds. While Sigurd managed to move out of the way, his summon did not. Birdman was entirely tangled in vines and dropped the ground. One of the stone golems bent down to pick him up and began crushing him, while Sigurd, although having dodged the ensnarement trap, was struck by the fist of the other stone guardian, sending him flying into the wall. Damnit, this isn't good, he thought to himself, as the second golem came charging at him, and Birdman was completely crushed, sending him back to the comic book dimension he came from. Right as the golem was about to hit him, Sigurd called out another hero name, "Wall, Defender of the Earth!"

Suddenly, a stone golem of Sigurd's own alignment appeared, and erected a stone wall in front of her. Though she did not speak, Sigurd knew that she was concerned for him by the way she looked over her shoulder to check on him. "Wall, focus on defeating these golems with me, we need to find Guy."

Wall nodded and charged around her stone barrier, running into a surprised golem, and tackling them into a wall. Both of the stone golems were now holding hammers, and the one that Wall wasn't taking care of had broken down her defense. Luckily, Sigurd was ready with his blade drawn, and took a heavy swing severing the forearm of one the golems. While Wall and the first Golem wrestled each other around the walls of the trap arena, Sigurd attempted to dodge the other stone golem's attacks. He sidestepped a punch from the golem, causing them to lodge their arm into the ground. The mage jumped onto it's stony arm, ran up it, and then dealt a solid blow to the neck of the golem, not quite decapitating it, but dealing heavy damage. The weight of the blade he was wielding, while it gave him the leverage to do so much damage to the stone monsters, prevented him from maneuvering fast enough to avoid being thrown off it's shoulders, however, and he once again hit the wall. The golem raised a hammer above his head, and was about to bring it down, when a stony fist pierced it's abdomen. The monster froze, and then began to erode, turning into a pile of dust, revealing a damaged, but pleased Wall behind it.

"Thank you, friend," Sigurd said, accepting the extended arm which Wall offered to help him up. The walls around them began to dissolve in a similar manner to the golems. Right as Sigurd began recovering from the fight, he heard a startling sound echoing through the chamber.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Concerned for Guy, Sigurd, leaped into a sprint towards his clients scream, Wall following behind as fast as she could run, which was, to say the least, not fast.

(Word Count): 1323/2000

Status Report:

Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 22nd July 2017, 9:51 pm

MORE MONSTERS

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 22nd July 2017, 9:51 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    To Be a Hero! (Job/Solo) UtKyMUJ
    Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 23rd July 2017, 7:39 am

Damnit, where is Guy? Sigurd stressed out, as he came to a doorway which opened up into what appeared to be some sort of vault. Within it was a sarcophagus laid by the feet of a large statue, which, at some point, appeared to have been holding something, although, whatever it was was now gone. Perhaps someone already raided the tomb. Whatever the object was, it appeared to be rather large, and Sigurd was not under the impression that Guy had the physical strength necessary to lift something that big. Wall might be a better candidate for that job. Speaking of the big brute, where was she? Tapping into the shared spirit of all heroes, Guy contacted Wall mentally, Wall, where are you? I can't find Guy anywhere."

There was no response. Of course Wall was mute, but usually she responded mentally with at least a grunt or an "mhm." Sigurd attempted to sense her, but found he could not, and she was not siphoning magic from him anymore either. Crap, Wall got attacked? He drew his sword as a precaution, and began to summon another hero, when a purple gas began to leak out of somewhere. Shocked at first, Sigurd didn't have the time to react before breathing a little in. The hero could feel the toxins burning in his lungs, preventing him from calling out the name of another hero. The man dressed in the menacing armor, lunged out of the radius of the gas while coughing. Whatever substance this was, it was having drastic effects on him, and he could feel his strength being drained. Looking into the gasses, he saw four sets of glowing eyes. Skeletal warriors? They must have been protecting the tomb, he thought. The monsters began to charge at him, and the dark warrior figured that his life was over then and there.

Suddenly the gas behind them exploded into a fireball, blasting one of the skeletons to pieces, throwing one against a wall, and disorienting the last two. Within the explosion was a figuring wearing a dramatic red uniform not unlike something which one of Sigurd's heroes might have worn. In his had was a blazing red spear, and on his back a shield. "Darknight! It seems that I've been chosen to cary the mantle of the Ruby Knight, one of the Prism Knights of Gen'atoh. Perhaps now I can assist you with this spear. I'll take care of that warrior, can you handle those two?"

Sigurd was surprised at the turn of events, but figured it was best for him to simply go along with it. He pronounced a new summon, "Shinebright, Defender of Light, I need your assistance!" As his hero emerged, Darknight thrust his sword through the ribcage of one skeleton, and kicked him, sending him flying away. In a flash of lightning Shinebright appeared in full armor, hands flying with sparks. Touching the skeleton, he sent powerful waves of magic through it's body, turning it to dust. While his hero was busy, Sigurd took swings at the other skeleton, matching blows with the latter's own sword. While his blade held him in place, Guy, who had just finished off another skeleton, shot a blast out of his newfound "prism pistol", which shot right through the skull of his enemy, ending it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later, Sigurd and Guy were at the mouth of the tomb once more. Guy had his shield on his back as they discussed the transfer of jewels. Sigurd's armor was cracked and dirty, and he was in a deal of pain, but ultimately still maintained his ominous demeanor. However, the entire ordeal had loosened Guy's opinion of Darknight, and he now understood whoever was under the mask really did have his best interest at heart.

"You know, I'm supposed to be finding other members of the Prism Knights, would you be interested?"

"Thank you for the offer," replied the skull faced warrior, "But I have my own demons to deal with. However, should you ever need my help again, simply send word, and I will be there for you, my friend."

Guy seemed taken aback by Darknight's amicability in this situation, but then adopted a warm smile, and nodded. The two men went their separate ways wondering if they would ever cross paths again.

(Final Word Count): 2044/2000

[spoiler="Final Status Report"]
    Sigurd:

Current date/time is 28th May 2024, 5:19 pm