Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Illusionist

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Legacy
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Izayuki
    Experience : 32,850

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fictitous Actuality
    Second Skill: W.I.P.
    Third Skill:

The Illusionist Empty The Illusionist

Post by Oras Auro 10th July 2017, 9:01 am

Not too long ago, Oras had visited the town called Magnolia.  While there he did the usual:  Rent a room, observe and memorize the town, rest then move on in the morning.  What was different however was that a group of children asked him to play tag with them.  The next town on the route was Hargeon Town.  The town sat on the edge of the bay.  The calm sea to be exactly precise.  Being at the edge of the bay made it a great place to trade.  However it seemed that the town was destroyed or at least severely damaged at some point and was still in the middle of repairs.  If any fights or attacks occurred, it could seriously delay the work.  This alone was probably very expensive.

His trip had brought him through Rose Garden, River village, Shirotsume, Magnolia, and now Hargeon.  As he traveled he tried to catch a few jobs as he needed them.  As it turns out, the supplies that were very difficult to find in the wild was beginning to run low and he would need some jewel to purchase some more.  If the kids were willing to pay for someone to play tag for them then the world would be perfect.  But the world wasn't, so Oras would need to see if there was any job on the board today.  However with the town still under construction, it was difficult to tell where anything might or would be.

He spotted a pair of citizens who were conversing with one another and approached the two.  Upon seeing him they stopped their conversation and looked at him cautiously.

"May I ask where the request board is?"  The two seemed to relax a little bit and one of them nodded, pointing down the road.
    "If you follow that path and turn right on the second street, you'll hit the plaza.  That's where the board is."  Oras nodded and began to make his way in that direction.  The citizens and tourists would seem to hush a little bit or avoid eye contact whenever Oras passed by them.  He was used to this of course.  A hooded figure wearing chainmail underneath his cloak and a mask?  He had made sure that his body was protected and ensured that no section of his skin showed to the physical eye.  People feared what they didn't understand, so it was natural for these people to fear him, or at least be nervous.

Oras continued to walk down the road in utter silence, ignoring people around him as they tried to ignore him.  This changed however when he heard running and turned his head slightly to see the guards running in one direction with their weapons and shields drawn.  Where they were headed was not toward his own destination, but he wasn't the type to just stand by when there was an issue.  Not to mention that he had all day as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

The Illusionist Empty Re: The Illusionist

Post by Oras Auro 11th July 2017, 6:25 am

Carefully following the guards without making noise, he kept his senses sharp.  He could hear the sound of glass breaking, shouting, and the sounds of footsteps somewhere in that direction.  He observed another guard running to the same general area, who noticed Oras.
    "Citizen please get to cover!  We'll handle the bandits!"  Oras could now guess the rest of the puzzle at this point:  Bandits had broken into somewhere, possibly a bank, and the guards were attempting to handle the situation.  The fact that the noises were still going on told Oras that they were doing a very poor job at doing so.
    "Citizen did you hear me?!"  Oras turned to the guard as he ran.
    "I'm a wizard.  Would you like my assistance in handling these bandits?"  The guard looked a bit shocked but recovered as it made sense with the outfit.
    "Yeah sure!  What guild are you from?"
    "No guild.  Do you know where the bandits are attempting to escape?"  The guard looked a bit disappointed that he wasn't with any guild but submitted to giving him the information anyway.
    "They're attempting to make an escape through the docks.  There is only one ship in the port right now but that ship isn't theirs.  We're assuming their planning to take it for themselves."  Oras nodded.
    "Then that's where I'll be."  Not waiting for the guard to call him stupid, he turned himself around in an instant and made a dash for the ocean.  

The four bandits cackled and laughed at their success.  The people running the bank and other such places were a bunch of wimpy morons.  There was no challenge to gain here.  However the jewel they were hauling out was by far worth it.  Each of the bandits held a curved sword in their main hand, and held a rather large sack of jewel over their backs with their off hand.  These four had stolen from not only banks and government, but also from other pirates who were unprepared for the true masters of the seas.  Of course there were plenty of bandits and pirates out there who were better than them, but they didn't exactly care about being the best.  All they cared about was becoming stupid rich.  And so far luck was on their side.

They had recently fooled the guards by dressing the hostages as pirates, binding weapons and sacks to their hands, and sent them running out the front where they were now being chased by the guards.  This wasn't their first time in a place similar to Hargeon.  They knew the guards would lock down the land exits first.  Their system however, was flawless.  With the guard's chasing false pirates with zero experience, it gave them enough time to head for the boats and make their getaway.  Then it would be the next town up.  Today they got a nice good haul.  The bank hadn't been fully repaired as of yet so their security was weaker than most, allowing the bandits to collect nearly all of the jewel stored before time ran out.

Their laughing stopped however when the stopped and saw someone standing between them and the ship they had planned to steal.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 11th July 2017, 7:14 am

The bandits knew the guards would end up here eventually and so they didn't have time to screw around with some stranger.  Two of them charged the front while the other two tried to attack the man from around.  The stranger simply stood there for a moment before striking his hands together.  When he did a blinding light erupted and the four were forced to cover their eyes, stopping in place before they ran over the edge into the water.  While recovering, Oras summoned his illusions.  Five were able to land attacks while two of them couldn't attack but instead speak and other ways to fool enemies.  They even gave off a little magical aura to fool wizards.  He shot forward and spun, slashing his two daggers at the bandits to his sides, cutting up their arms while his illusions spread out.  Two of them striking the other bandits.

When the bandits were hit they tried to see what was going on but with their blurred vision and the rapid movement they had no clue what was going on.  Once they recovered all of them stared at their surroundings in surprise.  Instead of one individual, there were eight.  The four of them began to get nervous, fear taking root.  The world seemed to become darker, the sun reducing the light it bathed on the land around and the figure they were up against appearing darker in his own way.  The shade his and his illusion's hood gave off became thicker, darker.  His clothing seemed more rigid for some reason.  This of course was the first stage of Trepidation which was active now that Oras allowed it to be.  

One of the bandits rushed at one of the figures, roaring and swung his sword.  The blade however, passed right through the figure, completely startling him.  The figure shot forward as did all of them, shifting positions and keeping the bandits from tracking one individual for long.  They continued to lash out at the figures but whatever they did they never actually landed a hit on one of the figures.  If they did the attack simply phased through.

Combat Status:

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 11th July 2017, 4:36 pm

The gang of bandits had one man whom they tended to look to the most.  He was the most courageous as well as the best strategist of them all.  This however...  It was very obvious that this guy was a wizard, but he had never seen this type of magic before.  Eight of the same man and the way they moved the four of them couldn't track the wizard.  Not only that but when they swung at him they either missed or went right though them.  They couldn't tell which ones could hurt them and which one's couldn't.  Half the time they didn't know where one was coming from.  If he had known about this wizard beforehand he might have had some kind of strategy, but they had never heard of this wizard.  Which made it difficult to counter something they had no experience with before.  

The Trepidation aura began to slip it's roots further into their minds.  The world around became even darker.  Anything that was alive seemed to decay and die, even the ground itself began to spread cracks.  The water began to seep with pollution, and the air seemed to have the light itself get sucked out of it.  Oras' visor gave off a dark red glow that appeared menacing and somewhat demonic.  His cloak seemed to gain a cruel and demonic like design, and a black cloud seemed to be following the eight figures.  The bandits had become far more terrified of the scenario they were in, suddenly struck by daggers and throwing knives.  

Oras had drawn four throwing daggers and threw them all at once, striking the four bandits with pinpoint accuracy.  After he did this he watched the illusions charge in and strike the four with their daggers, each of the two slashing two bandits each.  While they attacked, and the bandits making another poor attempt at a counter attack, Oras drew another set of knives and threw them at the bandits.  More illusions charged at them but these couldn't do any damage, simply tricking the targets while Oras ran in and finished the job with his own daggers.

Combat Status:

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 11th July 2017, 8:20 pm

With the four bandits handled, Oras deactivated his aura.  It was a good thing he did so too, because the guards just arrived, and if they had seen the effects of his aura he might have to fend them off.  In the end however they only arrived in time to see the seven illusions fade away.  The guards stared at the four bandits before looking at the wizard who just took them down.  The guard who had seen him earlier walked up first.
    "You did this?"  Oras nodded.
    "I said I would cut them off here.  In the city there are many routes they could have taken, along with multiple distractions and the such.  However there was one thing that would not change:  That was the destination.  Therefore rather than chasing them to and fro, I would cut them off of where they believed the only escape route existed, this being the sea.  Humans are made of patterns.  Once you discover that pattern then the rest is easy."  The guards watched Oras as he talked, while some came and took the sacks of jewel, handcuffing the bandits.

"Well now," said someone from behind.  Another guard made his way through the others and approached Oras, his outfit showing that he was probably the captain of this group of men. "You are certainly an intelligent one to be able to understand common sense."
    "No intelligence is linked.  Anyone who takes a moment to think about these things could figure it out.  If I had more time I could have guessed what their entire plan was but catching them was the priority."  The guard nodded, seeming impressed with his response.
    "Indeed.  Well then mister,"
    "Verus."
    "Verus then.  I suppose I should reward you for your efforts.  Will one thousand jewel suffice?"  Oras nodded.
    "That will do."  The guard took the reward another guard had ready and handed it to Oras.  
    "There's your reward then.  Now then, is there anything else I can help you with?  Anything else you intend to do while in town?"  Oras shook his head.
    "I intend to leave in the morning."  The guard nodded.
    "Very well then.  I'll take my leave."

Oras watched as the guard's left with their prisoners and the stolen goods.  He glanced at the jewel in his hands before placing it in his pocket.  He could use this to get some better equipment once his rank was up a little bit more.  Whatever made improvements in his abilities worked after all.  With this done he made his way back through the town.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 12th July 2017, 10:03 pm

With the bandits taken care of Oras had intended to head to the inn and rent out a room. This was what he was, and is, doing. He scanned the place out before he spotted the inn and made his way to the door. The jewel was unexpected, but at least he didn't need to worry too much about finding a job this very instant. He would of course, look over a few jobs to see if there was anything he could do in the days to come, but for the moment he would establish his living quarters for the night here. Sleeping in a bed was a luxury that Oras only allowed when he was in a town and would be stopping for the night. Otherwise he typically would either pitch up a tent in the woods or just sleep in the tree branches with his fear aura on to keep predators and enemies away in his slumber.

He opened the door and walked up to the counter, the eyes of the civilians following him with interest. Oras placed the proper amount of jewel on the counter, his visor level with the innkeeper's.

"I would like to rent a room for the night." The innkeeper tried to maintain a cheerful face and attitude, but in all honesty he really didn't know what to make of this situation other than he had a guest who cloaked and hid everything about him. He knew nothing of this man: Not his name, affiliation, goals, even his face, eye colors and skin tone were a complete mystery (not that it actually mattered). And yet, he was paying. And a customer was a customer, no matter who or what they were. The smile became a little more solid than before.
    "Very well sir, let me show you to your room." The innkeeper walked upstairs, Oras closely following him. The innkeeper opened one of the doors, specifically the one farthest from the stairs and gestured for Oras to enter. Oras stood in the doorway but did not step fully inside, keeping his hands ready to grab the borders of the door should he be shoved in. "Here we are! I hope it's cozy enough for you! If you need anything Ju-"
    "A bed will be fine, thank you." Oras replied in a flat tone. The innkeeper stood there with his mouth hanging open, though Oras couldn't see it, then shook his head before walking off.
    "Very well then."

Oras noted that this room was rather well furnished and decorated. It was clear that jewel was being used to keep this place running. He thought it interesting how the town's jewel was being used to decorate bedrooms and guestrooms, making them look pretty, attractive, and otherwise overly comfortable, when the jewel needed to be used to repair the damage that still had yet to be completed. Oras didn't get the exact date on when the sea monster had let loose it's fury on the town, but he knew for certain that it didn't happen recently. This town should at least be rather close to full revival. However the repairs seemed to be less important to these citizens than their own profit. If they failed to care for their own town, they would soon know that the town would in turn, care little for them. This wouldn't make sense to most but then again, most people didn't think things through, and just act rashly. If the town is taken care of, then it ensures that more people will come. It would serve the innkeeper better to save and donate his jewel to the reconstruction of the town, than decorating his own little inn.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 19th August 2017, 2:36 pm

The next few hours Oras had decided to find a quiet place to his liking that didn't involve this annoying abode. He made his way through the town, onlookers muttering as he passed. From what he could tell, there were some of them who had noticed him dashing through the town, and heard them spreading gossip and rumors. Oras didn't care about any of this of course. He only cared about one thing and one thing alone. And that was survival. Beyond that he realized, he didn't really have any goal. He was mastering the beginning levels of illusion magic, the sort of magic that had never been seen in this world before. Yet once he mastered it what then? He knew he would need to begin forging allies at some point in his life. However he had yet to encounter any who would fit the requirements. However the chances of that were very slim. Especially with Oras' lack of trust for anyone.

To him every individual he passed by was a potential enemy, a potential threat. Regardless of how little the threat was, he wished to be prepared for everything. At the same time he wished to prepare for the unexpected, learn how to be flexible in any given situation. That was part of what his magic was based off of. Being prepared for anything, and yet being willing to bend and yield to the ever changing events of time was also a necessity. You could not choose one or the other, for as he knew, nothing was solidified.

Oras soon reached the harbor once again and stood there near the edge, staring out into the open sea which sparkled under the setting sun. Many would believe this sight to be rather beautiful. Others believed it to be decent after seeing it so many times. Very few would be repelled by the sight. Once again the truth was never solidified, but in the view of perspectives. And even those perspectives didn't hold any weight to them. They were the opinions of individuals whom thoughts could be changed at any given moment, albeit most likely requiring a circumstance of some sort. However this was the truth that Oras had come to realize: Truth was a fiction. Facts, Laws, the very fabric of the universe that the world clung to in order to make sense of things. Nothing was stable. If nothing was stable, and thus ever changing, what was the point of a concept such as truth? In summary, the only truth was that everything changes over time. Nothing remains the same as it is impossible for anything to remain the same. Even an evil emperor who somehow finds immortality knows his kingdom cannot last forever, although they will seek to preserve it as long as they can. Magic was an incredibly large piece of evidence to the truth of the universe. In the end, only those who reached this concept were right.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 19th August 2017, 9:34 pm

Of course, humanity was built upon stubbornness and stupidity.  People who seek to be right, or be the strongest, help others, gain wealth, fame, power, reputation, immortality, revenge, love.  So many out there who chased after futile goals and intentions that would inevitably lead nowhere at all.  Up to now, Oras only knew one other who understood the true nature of the universe, this being his original mentor.  However he was no longer a part of Oras' life and path now.  He had to focus on seeking a new mentor and tutor.  Someone powerful who could teach him the best way to utilize his skills.  And perhaps, give him a goal of some sorts other than survival.  He disliked having to aid the weak with their everyday tasks and couldn't wait until he found a different purpose out there other than traveling and memorizing the world around him.

That was another part of his survival instincts.  He felt uncomfortable when he didn't know the layout of the battlefield.  It didn't matter where the land was, soon as a battle ensued, everywhere was a potential battleground.  Therefore it was his goal to travel the world and get a feel for the layout and foundation of the different towns and cities.  It wasn't always easy, especially with the more unorganized cities, however when it became too difficult he just got a feel for the shape, size and material of the buildings. Thinking of buildings made him think about that inn again. The overly excessive decorations placed and designed to look as beautiful and fancy as possible for the sole purpose of drawing in rich customers. People were consumed by greed, envy, lust. Some consumed by rage or laziness. Some ignored the wrong in the world or didn't care, while others sought to increase it, stepping on the misfortune of those too weak to protect themselves.

Oras knew this darkness was inevitable. That there would be no salvation for foolish humans such as that. He also knew that even if every wizarding guild in the world joined forces to stop the corruption, that they would only make it worse. These things had to be handled as you went on with your life. Oras believed that he could aid others as he went along, while at the same time minding his own business.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 20th August 2017, 2:53 pm

Of course most people were blind to this. There were wizards and non wizards out there who sought to be heroes. To go out and save the world from criminals, super villains, dark wizards, and dark forces that this world has yet to encounter. Each and every one of them, were all fools in Oras' opinion. They would get themselves, and others killed in their desire for fame and whatever 'righteous moral code' they deemed themselves to have. More often than not, heroic acts would end in only the wizard's own self destruction, whether through personality or literal death. And the worst part was that they honestly thought they were making a difference, refusing to listen to reason, logic, or opinions of others. Stubborn all out there was no hope to change them for the better. Oras believed it was inevitable that either they would be crushed under the weight they tried to carry. They were corrupted by the very evil they claimed to fight. Or they would be destroyed by others in order to save more innocent lives from the suffering of their crusade.

He sighed through his mask before turning around and walking back the route he had came towards the inn. While he was unsure as to what he wanted in this life, as well as what was in store for him, he had already decided to travel across Fiore and visit every town, city and village. Afterwards he would simply visit the many ruins or otherwise uninhabited places, making sure he knew the location of every place of possible interest. He wondered what others would think of his life. Ever since departing from his mentor he hadn't interacted with anyone else, not by a longshot. He had gone solo, secluding himself from the world entirely. The reason for this was mainly because he did not trust anyone, nor did he plan to. No one and nothing could ever be trusted as anything was a threat. While it was possible to decrease the percent chance of them turning on you, the chance was always there. He intended to remember that at all times.

And yet, despite the fact that he had chosen such an isolated life of solitude. The path of survival, of strength, of truth, he often wondered what it would be like to have friends. Someone whom he could share discussions with on a daily basis, spend his time with, and trust enough to fight alongside with. The experience would be interesting he expected, as he had only ever fought solo. He never fought with his mentor, but against him in duels. He was never a fatherly individual and only teacher. His only childhood friends to his memory, were long dead, unless they somehow were saved by some divine miracle. However Oras did not believe in the idea of miracles. Magical effects of others, things happening with purpose and reason, and even without reason yes, but he doubted his friends or family survived. Still. If there was a chance at all, there was one guild that may or may not hold the answers. It was the guild that he and his friends visited.

He stopped as he thought about what the name of the guild was. Black Rose he recalled. After that he continued to walk. He had forgotten most of the details due to his focus being elsewhere. However that was definitely the guild. He needed to look at his map to see where it's whereabouts were again.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 20th August 2017, 8:38 pm

Regardless of the details of the guild however, Oras would be visiting their guild next thing and get some answers.  The sight of his friends dead remained a fresh thought in his mind, as well as the destruction of his village.  At the same time, he also believed that Raven could have made it out.  He wasn't there to see the bodies.  He could only take his mentor's word for it until he had proof.  If she was alive and he discovered this, he would need to go check up on her.  With care of course.  She was a wizard in training at the time, and he was unsure how much she changed either.  Thus he would take care, and precautions, as he would with any other individual.  Of course, this was all based on the if she was alive in the first place.

He returned to his room, placed his bag down, and looked at his small bag, possessing his very few belongings.  In truth it wasn't much.  A journal, three apples, all his jewel, and a few other non important items.  He had another two bags, each hanging on his hips, however those were far different.  They were void bags, and each contained throwing knives.  All of them identical to each other that he had collected over the years.  They were identical because he had ensured they were the most common type.  He didn't bother purchasing high quality daggers for throwing at enemies.  The chances of his losing or damaging them was too great, and he couldn't afford an insane collection of powerful daggers anyways.  Once he collected enough jewel he would purchase better daggers though.  Of course before those, he intended to purchase spell slots to increase his power and variety.  The more options he had, the better off he would be.

For now however, it was time to end the day.

The Illusionist TEm5Pci

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 9:45 pm