Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Three minor changes

Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Three minor changes Empty Three minor changes

Post by Shard 5th October 2016, 2:46 am

Change 1:

Make the 'job location' section optional in job applications so that its only needed if job location isn't specified in the job thread itself (so for example Strange vulcans takes place in the spooky forest. It says so on the job thread)

The reason I state this is that the job itself (which you provide a link to) already has the location so unless the user chooses the job location from a list then this section is basically redundant data.

Change 2:

Remove rank from character applications

The reason I state this is that everyone starts at D rank. It is not maintained when people rank up. The only time it is not D rank is when someone kills off a character to create a new one and maintains the rank.

Either remove it or make it optional because its silly to deny apps for the fact its not filled in. Plus it gives the false impression that maybe you can start off at a higher rank. Its a relic from when you could apply to start off at a higher rank.

If it was maintained it would be fine, but its not so...yeah

Change 3:

Now that we have given tertiary magic to B ranks rather than A ranks there is nothing that is unlocked at A rank.

This is not so much a 'need to fix' as just an oddity that bugs me. As shown in the list below.

C you get secondary magic and sig spell and unique ability
    B you get unique abilities and now tertiary
    A you get...nothing
    S you get unique ability and access to secondary signature spell
    SS you get an extra spell slot of each rank (and the maximum is increased by one)
    H you get a unique ability on primary and secondary

So A just feels a bit...meh

I have four potential fixes for this:
    1. WE make it so you unlock your signature spell for secondary at A rather than S (which makes sense as how are you going to have made a spell your signature if you only unlock it when you've reached the peak of your power)
    2. Give either primary or secondary a unique ability at thsi rank (my suggestion is secondary to give it a bit more oomph)
    3. Unlock 'secondary slot' purchases. I suggest that the total number of spells slots you can purchase per rank does not change though. SO you still can buy 3 a ranks but you can choose if they are primary or secondary. Perhaps, because you don't have as much control of your secondary they cost more?
    4. We give a D or C rank non-ranking signature spell for secondary magic.

Yes I realise a lot of these bolster secondary magic, but primary has so much. It has, at A rank, the potential to have 31 spells whilst secondary gets 4.

Plus it makes it seem like everyone gives the same amount of focus to their secondary whereas for some mages it might become a key part of them but still not be quite as key as their primary.

Just my thoughts.

I'm happy to write the rules up for this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Three minor changes HqzsHuT
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Three minor changes Empty Re: Three minor changes

Post by Shipping Goddess 5th October 2016, 3:10 am

1 - I agree, it's pretty useless

2 - I agree, I often see people trying to start at like S rank just because they get the sense of false hope.

3 - I agree and disagree. I agree that A rank doesn't give anything, and that it seems kinda "meh" but secondary magic buffs probs aren't the way to go. Most pwople retain the exact same amount of spell slots simply vuz they're afraid to give up their weapons or armors. Not everyone needs to be a walking, talking, armory. Seriously, right now I have TEN SLOTS for my seconsary magic, that's almost double the normal mage. I have a D, 2 C, 2 B, an A, a S, a B-sig, an A-sig, and an S-sig.

Yes, primary magic does get a lot of "oomph" but you must think - this is a magic that's supposed to support your primary. It isn't supposed to have as much "oomph."

As for the Sec-UA thing I guess it might work, but honestly I couldn't care less. Every UA I've ever seen has been useless in the face of battle as it simply explains what the magic does, or just gives some battle buff. Why would we need another UA for a magic that isn't even our main, which just buffs us even more?

As for Sec-Slots. YES! I've been pushing this idea for months! Of course, I'm fine with loaing weapons and armors as I've already done so, but I would also like to spend jewels on sec spells just like pri spells. However, this isn't what I see able for A rank.

Plus, you can make your guild at A rank, you can pick up GM at B rank, most aces are either B or A rank, and A ranks can apply for WS / Sinners. Plus, since the whole "Double your power every rank up" rule is gone and we replaced it with concrete numbers, A rank is very powerful compared to what it used to by. Albeit at a disadvantage, an A rank could probably hold his / her own against S, SS, and even in some cases H ranks.

So sure on the surface A rank may seem like a blah thing, and I do agree to give it one more thing to make it shine, but if it doesn't happen well then I say just deal with it (not cynism or sarcasm, I'm serious). I mean, it already has some cool perks to it, it's just that none of them are combat-geared.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Three minor changes M7mHyEw
    Three minor changes CKWpl03
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 5th October 2016, 3:11 am

AH CRAP I WANDERED INTO THE SUGGESTION FORUM AGAIN.

*prepares for flames*

Three minor changes M7mHyEw
    Three minor changes CKWpl03
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 5th October 2016, 3:29 am

Aye, it was more it just grates on me that its the only one without normal perks.

Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 5th October 2016, 6:43 am

I barely accepted the change lowering Tertiary to A-rank.  B-rank is far too low.   It's not special at all anymore.   Now it's even less special or valuable than secondary magic.  

People use to debate that it was overly restricted. Now it's even more restricted with a BS "You cannot use it at all just because you happen to be in combat." And even less of something shiny or to be proud of having.

What was once a fairly respectable tool for the most powerful Guildmasters is now free candy,  that doesn't even taste very good.

Three minor changes NvVyM98

Three minor changes CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Shard
    Shard

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 7th October 2016, 12:25 am

With how limited it was anyway...it didn't make sense really to make it something that only some special cupcakes who are at H rank have. However, I do see your point that lowering it to B kinda takes away from it as every tom dick and harry can easily get B.

I was happy with it at A rank, but i'd rather if it was just minor effects that can be used in battle but won't really have much effect on it.

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:39 pm