Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo)

The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Swords
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 2775

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fey Moonlight Weaving
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) Empty Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo)

Post by The Lunatic 26th May 2016, 11:47 pm

Job Form:

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Things were so dull these days. Yuzuki laid back against the roof of the small cottage, keeping her feet light so she wouldn't sink through any unstable parts of the roof. There was absolutely nothing interesting for a semi-fey to do, and a bored Yuzuki was a cranky Yuzuki. Not someone you wanted to be around. So, when she spotted the job request in town, she immediately picked it up, finally having something fun to do. However, upon reading it, her heart sank. Finding someone's stupid ring? What sort of lame mission was that? It didn't even involve fighting, for goodness sake! Rolling her eyes, Yuzuki would linger for a second, wondering whether to put it back down or to do it, then reluctantly picked it up again. Searching for the meeting place, she would then begin making her way over.

Leaping from lamps to roofs and the tops of carts, the semi-fey's barely existent wings fanned the air, strengthening her powerful leaps and bringing her forward faster than most people could see. Having had a good thrity-three years of experience doing stuff like this, she was an expert. Now, she honestly hoped there would be no one else coming... Humans were annoying, non-humans were even more annoying sometimes, and immortals were the absolute worst. With a groan, she would land on the bench in the lady's garden, waiting for anyone else.
    232@Spec

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) TqvxSWh5_o
    yuzuki faerydae | weaver of moonfire | bank
    what a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes! if i had common sense i'd cut myself or curl up and die --
    Speculo
    Speculo

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mirror
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) Empty Re: Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo)

Post by Speculo 27th May 2016, 8:26 pm

Speculo

Four or five months of wandering aimlessly around Fiore doesn't really do much for you if you don't have a goal or an objective to work towards. And so Speculo hadn't really grown much after teaching that young girl his magic, which at some times still felt like a betrayal to his mother. But if her magic lived on, then didn't she?

He had seen lots of cities on the horizon, but opted to avoid them. He wasn't really sure why, he just didn't feel like he was needed in the cities. Nothing really pulled him anywhere. But when he saw Clover City, his feet were pulled towards it.

He wandered into the city, looking around aimlessly once again until his eyes fell on the everpresent Job boards. Maybe... Maybe he should do a job. Not for the money, but just to do something. It had been a while since he had had to use his magic. Time to get some exercise.

Looking at the Job, there was only one job on the board and it... was to find a woman's ring. He sighed, but took it anyway. Something was something, even if it was near to nothing. He walked to the job location and found a woman sitting on the same bench. She must have taken the same job. Would it really take more than one mage(or normal person at that rate) to find a simple ring?

"You here for the same job?" He asked, holding up the tan sheet of paper all jobs were posted on.

HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Words: 258

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) Fighting-giffy
    I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) Empty Re: Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo)

Post by The Lunatic 28th May 2016, 12:15 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Well, okay. Fabulous. Just what she needed. Yuzuki groaned out loud as the man approached, asking if she was here for that stupid ring job. The semi-fey flopped backwards, sprawling over the bench in a dramatic movement. Yup. Even after thirty-three years of life in which one might think she would learn something, she still acted like the child she looked on the outside. "Why'd you have to come?" she grumbled, staring balefully up at the mirror mage, "I was going to get something done in blissful peace, NOT to have to suffer through an hour or so searching for a friggin' RING with some stupid mage bumbling into me every two seconds." She was outrageously bold, saying these rude words in a loud voice that everyone within five feet could hear clear as day.

Slowly straightening again, Yuzuki sighed, then spoke again. "Yes, I'm doing the job, so let's get going already. Don't even think about slowing me down." As usual, there were no formalities for her. No 'hello, how are you? My name is ____' or anything like that. Just complain and whine, then go. She didn't exactly make it easy to follow, either, moving as she would even if Speculo wasn't there. Being at least a slight bit considerate, she moved a fraction slower but still leapt and spun through the town and straight into the woman's garden. "Oi, lady, we're here to look for your ring so excuse me, I'mma get star—" she was abruptly cut off by the woman grabbing her arm with surprising strength.

"First of all, dearheart, I didn't set out to hire teenagers to take care of this. And second of all, my name is Ms. Cartigan. Third of all, I'm afraid you are going to have to be shrunk down for this job if you are the sent mages," she said in a sweet voice. In one hand, she would pull out a device to shrink them. Enraged and confused, Yuzuki scowled, the woman having spoken too quickly for her to come up with a suitable comeback and too enraged to think clearly.
    352@Spec

what a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes! if i had common sense i'd cut myself or curl up and die --
    Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 28th May 2016, 8:01 pm

Speculo

Speculo had grown up next to assassin's and murderers. But nobody had been that rude to him that quickly after meeting him. What the hell was her problem? Speculo scowled and, as she bounded off ahead of him after ranting, "You didn't have to wait for anybody then, you know!". He had met two girls that were similar to her. Maybe it was time that he treated this girl to the same treatment he gave them. But, like it or not, he had to follow her to the elderly woman who had put out the job notice.

The young woman was vastly rude to the woman who hired the two of them, but when she grabbed her and began to give her spiel to the girl, Speculo couldn't help but chuckle. "Ma'am," Speculo started after stopping himself. But he did leave the trace of a smile there. "As you can see, I'm an adult, and she's with me. And I don't mind being shrunk down. Sounds like a little adventure. Does that suit your taste?" He asked of her.

"Before we begin, I would like to ask, what does your ring look like? We may find several things while we are that small, and it would help to have a description. Would you kindly?" He would be as kind as possible to the lady, trying to show up the brash girl and maybe teach her manners. Speculo may have been away from civilization for the past few months, but he wasn't completely socially awkward.

Words: 254

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 29th May 2016, 12:05 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Well, ugh, alright then. This was one of those 'oh I'm such a mature grown-up' mages, huh? And just as she hoped it wouldn't be as annoying a person this time... After all, it wasn't an immortal, and nothing could be quite as annoying as an immortal, right? Shooting a glare at both woman and man, the scruffy girl plopped down on the ground cross-legged, looking even more immature than before. Tempted to retort that she was older than that stupid mage, she forced herself to keep shut about her age. After all, it would be yet another clue to what she really was.

Ms Cartigan smiled, much more pleased with this polite young man than with the brat who looked as if she were picked off the street(which she kind of was), and responded in a much gentler tone. "Well it's a golden band, about half a centimeter in width. There is a small gem on top, one that's orange in color and shaped like a heart. There is the inscription of ~H. C.~ on the inside as well." Scowling, Yuzuki would reluctantly agree to being shrunk down and stood uncomfortably, fidgeting as the device was used to shrink her down to a mere two centimeters in height. Now, the semi-fey was used to being short, but this was overkill, right?

The woman would shoot a glance at Speculo, sighing, and remarking, "Please, sir, don't let that brat ruin my garden." With those words, the device was pointed at Speculo, and the man shrunk down to a height just a bit taller than Yuzuki. He would find that the semi-fey was crouched on the ground, eyes closed, and nose in the air. Her hands were placed on the ground, and the chain that had once been looped through her belt was now a long spear, laying beneath a hand. She was trying to catch the scent if Ms. Cartigan, as she guessed the ring had to smell like her.
    330@Spec

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th May 2016, 12:05 am

The member 'lavenderflower77' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) NormalMonster Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) NormalMonster Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) WeakMonster Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) StrongMonster Of Miniature Fairies and Mirrors(Job/Speculo) WeakMonster
    Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 29th May 2016, 8:54 pm

Speculo

The girl just gave up and slumped on the ground, all grumpy and staring daggers at him. He'd seen meaner looks. He turned back to the woman after... He should learn her name. After the girl got shrunken down. "Don't worry Ma'am. We'll get your ring back and with minimal damage to your garden." He responded as he shrunk, his voice getting slightly more and more high pitched as he went down.

It was a weird prospect to be this small. The dirt was much bigger, spongier, and more crackled than he imagined. The leaves looked like trees and blocked huge areas on the ground. And possibly the most disturbing of all... There were a lot more insects than he thought. Surrounding them both were 5 in total. 2 Ants, a Spider and a Beetle. The last was a Wasp which was currently sitting on a nearby leaf, observing the two people. The other insects, which were normally no problem, were now the size of dogs. Or, more accurately, they were only slightly bigger than the size of an ant. They all were looking at them, waiting.

"Hey, girl! What are you doing?! These things are freaking creepy!" He pointed at the Harvestman. He had seen these around, and they were harmless due to their tiny fangs. But now... they were fairly large enough. "This is a death trap!" He said as he pulled out his sword, it gleaming in the sunlight that caught it.

Words: 246

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 29th May 2016, 10:39 pm

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Yuzuki didn't look up as Speculo appeared, still trying to single out that perfumy scent. When he let out a yell, asking her what she was doing, the semi-fey would only very slowly raise her head, looking casually up at the insects around her. Now, Speculo might think she was going crazy, but the girl revealed a huge smile at the critters. She would remain there, crouched, gazing into the eyes of one of the ants. Finally! An acceptable species! Of course, she wasn't about to disturb it from its business as she knew that most animals were just very annoyed at a human's presence, and wouldn't hurt them if unprovoked. However, at Speculo's shout, it jerked it's antennae up, and many more insects around them turned their heads to the mages.

So. Annoying! Yuzuki's eyebrow began to twitch, an extremely irritated expression returning to her face. In one smooth, fluid move, she suddenly shot up, Katsuki in her hands, and the spear's point directed at Speculo in less than a second. She wasn't really going to hurt him of course, but he got on her nerves. "Baka! Are you seriously trying to get them to notice you?" she hissed, anger and irritation in her silver eyes. "Well, I'll just tell you that you've succeeded, and now we'll have to end up fighting them. After all, ants are very protective, as are most insects. They won't listen to me even if I try and communicate with them!" Making a snapping motion with Katsuki, the long handle suddenly morphed into a series of lightweight steel sections connected by chains, the sharp end dropping away from Speculo.

So, she would have some fun here after all, it would seem. Feeling that thrill that always came before a battle, the usual trickster's smile began to crawl up the semi-fey's face again. Charging straight at an ant, she could feel her fey senses strengthening, and suddenly, every detail was clear as day, every movement of the air displaced with her running was felt, and the world almost seemed to slow. A millimeter or so away from the ant, her heel dug into the ground. Muscles snapping taut, the tension in her leg as she abruptly swerved, slashing Katsuki in nunchuck form into the nearby beetle. It would rear up, meeting blade with powerful and intimidating antlers. It was now that one who observed would begin to see that Yuzuki wasn't just some brat at all. Her fighting prowess showed unusual experience for the age she looked to be, and the intensity of her focus simply wasn't normal.
    433@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 31st May 2016, 11:07 pm

Speculo

She called him an idiot for attracting attention?! From his point of view, they were already poised to strike. Not like they could have gotten out of it in the first place. With five insects, this was going to get dicey. He could go after the same beetle she was, take it down quicker and move onto the next. But if he did so, the rest could gang up on them. She seemed like she could handle her own. And so could he.

Those ants didn't worry him too much, despite their mandibles looking like they could snap his leg in half without effort. But what he wanted to take out was the spider. Those things were deadly to others that were the same size. He mentally flipped through his spells in his mind, thinking of the best ones to use. Any illusions against them might not work, except.. He grinned. Maybe with this many enemies, he needed to bring on an ally.

Speculo formed a mirror next to him, facing him. He smiled at his reflection, and he cast Mirror Image. His self stepped out of the mirror, nodded, and then they both went after the spider. Both bearing their identical, mirror like swords, they flanked the spider and cut both front legs before it could reach down and strike, dropping it's face down into the ground.

MP: 90%
    Words: 228

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 1st June 2016, 10:42 pm

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Katsuki was a formidable weapon, especially when used in as experienced hands as Yuzuki's. The unusual weapon switched flawlessly from chains to spear, either form causing equal damage. Chains easily wrapped around the beetle's legs, powerful fey smithed steel resisting the beetle's strength easily. Out of the corner of her eye, Yuzuki spotted that man taking on the spider with a copy of himself. Oh? So he could do that little trick as well? Her prankster side getting the better of her, she placed two special supportive spells on herself, both shockingly powerful despite their low rank. Tendrils of moonlight streaked out from beneath her sleeve, covering the semi-fey, then... Yuzuki had disappeared completely from view.

On the other end of the field, threads of that same silvery substance suddenly appeared, swirling into, well, an exact twin of Speculo. Smirking, the semi-fey would easily return to fighting the beetle, he success rate much higher now that she was invisible. However, she knew hat the extra two Speculo were probably confusing insects and mage alike. Only she could sense which ones were truly fake, her senses reaching out to alert to her which were which. Finally impaling the silvery blade of Katsuki into the beetle's heart, she flicked the oddly colored insect blood off, turning to check out any other enemies.

Now, she would turn to the ants, twirling her invisible spear a few times between invisible fingers, then charging in head on again.
    243@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 4th June 2016, 11:04 pm

Speculo

Speculo turned around to see his copy and... another one? He was sure his magic hadn't made two of himself, it wasn't capable of it. Whatever it was, it might have been the girl's magic. He could sense he wasn't controlling it easily enough. So it wasn't his. Whatever the cause, she was gone, and a beetle was dead.

The Spider was screeching in pain of it's two lost limbs, so the three Speculo's all turned to it and jabbed their swords into it's head, killing it. It's blood oozed out in big droplets.

BBBZZZZZZT!

Speculo rolled to the side, a large stinger slamming into the ground next to him as the wasp came down. It retrieved it's stinger and flew into the air again, circling quickly to come back down at Speculo. There were three, but it was going after Speculo's own clone. He mentally commanded him to hold up his hand and cast Interventio on his mirror-covered glove.

The Mirror Mage's copy of himself held up his hand, uttering the word "Intervention". There was a small flash on the mirror as the wasp came down at him, hitting the center of the the clone's hand. The Wasp flew back and hit the ground instantly, it's own blow repelled back at it. It's legs wriggled in the air before getting rolling over to get back up, and fly into the air once more.

MP: 90%
    Words: 234

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 6th June 2016, 12:32 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Yuzuki took a moment to float silently to herself at her own success, having a little laugh over it before turning to the two ants. The three Speculo turned and stabbed the spider at the same time around this moment, and the semi-fey couldn't resist bursting into laughter at the comical sight. Simply amazing.All three had that exact same expression of immense concentration, looking very focused and serious. As Yuzuki wasn't in the mood to mentally control her own allusion's every mood, she simply made sure it would follow the exact moves of the original Speculo, only a few feet away from him. Quite honestly, she wasn't at all worried about them losing the battle, and went all out with the pranking and the tricks.

With astonishing speed, she would quickly swing upside down from the plant stalk she currently perched on, hanging on only with her feet. A delighted grin on her face, she swung her spear in nunchuck form throughout the battle field, making a completely mess of things. Finally focusing on the ants, she transformed Katsuki to spear form, letting it drop straight into one ant's back, before neatly flipping down with the agility of a professional gymnast. "Sorry, ant," she said, without any trace of remorse before threads of silver enveloped herself and her spear, and she attacked with a sudden frenzy, her speed boosted with magic. Within seconds, the ant was simply no more.
    239@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 16th June 2016, 12:26 am

OOC: Sorry it's taken so long for me to get to this. I didn't leave again, I swear. Just, my play was pretty much an all day commitment and took all the days. But It's finally over and I can now make a full reply.

Speculo

The three Spec's stayed true on the wasp as it flew around to once more come at them, this time at the real Speculo. It's tiny brain made it use it's stinger once more, not learning from the previous time that that hadn't worked out well. He smirked and waited until there was almost no time left, then stepped to the side.

The thick spike plunged into the ground next to him, and he didn't waste anytime jumping onto the wasp, followed by the other two images of himself. With their blades, they began hacking into the insect, starting with the wings. Speculo's first slice into it's bone didn't make it all the way through, making the wasp screech in pain. The second image hacked away into as well, and then the wing fell to the ground.

The annoying insect went on a rampage, bucking and trying to fly and scurrying all over the place with three Speculo's on it's back. To stay on, they all dug their swords through the armor-like chitin of the wasp. That only enraged it more, and Speculo was having trouble staying on. This thing need to go down. As it thrashed around, he reached forward, casting "Mirror Shard!" as he placed his hand on the back on it's head. The mirror from his hand broke itself into pieces and with the force of bullets, shoved themselves into the tiny beasts brain, killing it.

It slumped to the ground, with the three Speculo's on top of it, panting from the effort of staying on. The real of the three looked over at the two ants, but no sight of the girl. Did she just run off?!

MP: 75%
    Words: 281

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 18th June 2016, 12:11 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    "Hue~" A light laugh came from the semi-fey's mouth as she cast a glance in the direction of the Speculos' fight. Watching them all move at once... It gave her enough motivation to get to work on the next ant. Being invisible was quite an amazing state to be in, enabling one to do something many things that normally would never have worked. Especially with enhanced abilities now, she became extra powerful. Calmly cleaning the insect blood off of her spear, she would suddenly switch it to chain mode, swinging it right into the ant. Poor thing never stood a chance. After a few skillful swings of the silver weapon, the ant was very much dead.

After finishing, she decided to take the chance to try and find out more about this weird human. He seemed to have no problem killing, but perhaps that was just with animals, beasts and the such. He also seemed skilled enough, which made sense due to his age. However, she felt he was overall quite a predictable figure, one she had no need of fearing. That was nice, a fairly easy guy to read. It was only those like that stupid immortal and that cocky their who confused her, leaving her to have to work at figuring them out. Not that she even wanted to work out the immortal though... She thought his brain must be a nightmare zone with the thoughts he had.

After Speculo finished his fight, she leapt in front of him, shedding the threads of moonlight. "Oi, you're finally done?" she grumbled in a bored tone, "c'mon, let's keep looking for the ring. I smell its scent over thataway." Yuzuki pointed at a tree, in which laid a nest.
    290@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 18th June 2016, 10:58 pm

Speculo

When he first thought she had ran off, threads of magic leaves her form and she appeared infront of him. At that, he looked and saw the two dead ants. Quickly scanning the area, no other potential enemies. "Hey, you just finished too. Did you just turn invisible?" He asked her, astounded by that magic. He had an idea forming..

He followed her finger up the tree that stood over them like a giant tower. He now fully realized just how tiny he was now. Maybe they could climb within the cracks in the bark to get up to that nest? Wait... nest... Nest meant a bird, or birds. If fighting insects were like that, a bird would be hell... Not to mention the amount of bugs that would be on that tree bark. Well, maybe it was just a ton of ants, but those in a swarm could be a big problem. There was also the case of that Wasp. If there was one, that meant there was more and most likely a nest somewhere close.

"Wait, smell? You can smell it all the way up there? How? You one of those Dragon Slayers I hear about from time to time?" He had heard stories of them and their impeccable senses.

Words: 214

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 19th June 2016, 1:16 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Cracking a sharp-toothed grin at Speculo's expression when he appeared, Yuzuki nodded sharply, tilting her to a side. He seemed to suddenly have an idea, which Yuzuki hoped didn't involve invisibility. Her spell would take a while to cooldown, probably not in time for his idea to work.

Watching as his eyes darted immediately to where her finger pointed, as if looking for a way up in the way he tilted his head upwards to take the whole tree in, Yuzuki began to ponder the question herself. She knew she could get up with some co side table effort with her wings, but even then she'd have to constantly stop for quick rests as her wings lost substance occasionally. She would be strong enough to make her way up but she was unsure about Speculo. With her wings barely able to carry herself, there was no way she could carry a grown man with her! A scowl on her face, she paced slowly. "I don't know how we can get you up, though, old man, I can get up with some effort, but I can't find any obvious solution to the problem." She considered asking a nearby animal to carry him up, but they were likely hostile after many of their kind had just been killed by her.

"Wait, smell?" she heard from Speculo, and turned around, an annoyed look on her face. "Yes, smell. No, I am not one of those pompous, stuck-up dragon kin. My magic simply allows me the ability to increase my senses," she said simply, hiding the slight lie easily. She wasn't about to reveal her identity anytime soon, after all. "C'mon, let's get moving!" She began to make her way over and try to find possible solutions to their problem.
    296@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Last edited by lavenderflower77 on 1st July 2016, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 20th June 2016, 2:12 pm

Speculo

Well, she certainly had an opinion about them. How many had she met? He's never met any personally, although he would love to see if their magic was different from any others. Did they do more damage, look different, or just do more damage against dragons? Speculo was a bit of a bookworm when he could get his hands on them, and the reason why was knowledge. Dragon Slayer Magic? Definitely something he wanted to know more about.

He followed her towards the tree, still thinking about how he could get up. "Well," He spoke as they walked. "The bark may allow me to traverse up, but I can't fly or jump high, so it would take me a while to climb. I'm guessing along with those super senses, you can also fly, or some sort of it. You seem rather bouncy."

"And, I'm not an old man." He retorted.

They walked on to the tree, not really bothered by many insects. The majority that were hostile just looked on at a distance at the two new, strange, invasive insects. Speculo had his sword out and he was cleaning it with a cloth. If the girl looked, the sword was relatively clean already, but Speculo was polishing it to be very reflective, like as if it was something you would hang on your wall rather than fight with. His copy had faded away, as time for that spell had run out.

Words: 242

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 23rd June 2016, 12:06 am

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Speculo seemed to go deep into thought, thinking about what she just said. It was amusing watching people think, she thought, lapsing into a train of thought herself. They all had such weird ways of showing it. Azurius would look off into the distance heroically for a second, that random dark mage would stare at her funny when thinking, that other dark mage would make this really funny expression that involved wrinkling his nose a little... This mirror dude was no different. He used a little bit of that Azurius heroic look, s well as a slight tilt that was his own. She attempted to copy it, smirking slightly at how silly it felt.

"Bouncy? Me? Pfft. I'm agile, I'm light on my feet, but I am NOT bouncy!" she responded with a toss of her head. Acting like a child at her age... it was surprising she managed to last this long acting so impudently towards other people. Ironically, Yuzuki calling Speculo an old man was a bit hypocritical seeing as the semi-fey was actually a decade older than him. But the old man didn't have to know that now, did he? Stopping at the base of the tree, Yuzuki looked up into the branches where the nest was. "Here goes.." she muttered, and leapt up. As she grabbed hold of the first twig, she would suddenly hear a huge sound of rustling above her. As twigs and bits of grass rained down on her, the shadow of a magpie would look over them, landing on the grass a bit aways from them.

Silver eyes widened as Yuzuki stared at the glinting object in its beak, glinting golden in the light. "Oi, old man! That bird has the ring!" she snapped down at Speculo, tumbling ever so gracefully down from her spot. Picking herself up while grumblings complaining, she glared over at the magpie, slowly unraveling her weapon.
    320@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Last edited by lavenderflower77 on 1st July 2016, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 30th June 2016, 11:28 pm

Speculo

Speculo kept polishing his sword as he watched Yuzuki walk up to the tree, ready herself, then launch up into the air to grab the closest twig. He looked down at his sword to inspect it, and saw something. Something big falling. He instinctively jumped back and to the left a few paces, and found a magpie had dropped down to the ground, and as the girl pointed out, it did have a ring. The ring. "Yeah, I see it!"

Time to go to work. He brandished his gleaming katana as he nudged closer and closer to the bird, watching it intently. It tilted it's head as he approached, pulled back just a smidgen, then out like a magical bullet it's beak came at him. Speculo barely got out of the way as it's beak jammed itself into the earth, erupting dirt with it's force. He was too surprised to counter attack before it pulled back. He had to watch out for that...

That bird still held that ring tight. Looked like they were going to have to hurt this animal to get it. But he wasn't going to use his sword on a poor creature. It may cause it to bleed out or get it's organs damaged. He sheathed his sword. "Let's try to just grab the ring and not hurt the bird, ok?"

MP: 85%
    Words: 225

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 1st July 2016, 11:49 pm

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    The bird suddenly crashed down to earth right next to Speculo, the mirror mage barely jumping out of the way. Yuzuki leapt into the air, almost missing Speculo's next words. First, she thought, 'Why are you friggin sheathing your sword? That's stupid. That's suicide you big ol' idiot!' But she had to cave in at his next words, having a soft spot for animals. Suddenly, she let out a loud cawing noise, flipping head over heels to land on the magpie's head. She stopped thrashing for a moment, pausing in surprise at the presence of a fey, which most animals respected. Some loud chirping, squealing, body motions, and cawing was exchanged, and suddenly, the magpie dove at Speculo again, dislodging the semi-fey from her precarious perch. "Ai ya!" Yuzuki frowned in frustration as she tumbled through the air, falling or the second time that day.

"It refuses to give up the ring voluntarily!" She yelled over to the mirror mage. "We're gonna hafta fight or grab the ring forcefully somehow!" Landing down a short distance away from Speculo, she would ensure Katsuki was secure in spear form, humming in her hands before turning to do some improv planning with Speculo. "So, both of us seem fairly adept with illusions and whatnot, right? So try to trick the magpie first! Try to stay outta each other's way, ya ken?" she yelled, and that was obviously all the planning she needed. With that, she would extend the arm with her tattoo, threads tumbling out from under her sleeve again. This time, they flashed to either side of her, forming two wolves of moonlight in midair. Trailing silvery flames, Yuzuki neatly vaulted onto the back of one, directing the other to come at the magpie from the other side, confusing her.
    298@Spec

Stats and Stuff:

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 5th July 2016, 12:34 pm

Speculo

Speculo tilted his head sideways in curiosity as the girl lept onto the magpie's head. He wasn't surprised by the action of jumping, but that the magpie and her seemed to... converse. Talk, in some way. Something was strange about her.. What about her let her talk to animals that way? He started to think of possibilities, thinking that things were on the down low now. A sharp pain and a sudden blast of force in his shoulder told him otherwise. He got distracted by his thoughts and didn't notice the bird diving for him once more.

Blood followed the birds beak as it retracted once more, and Speculo was reduced to cursing, covering up his wound and backing away a little. He heard Yuzuki talk of Illusions, then run off with two wolves after her. A girl after his own heart. If only she was older.

He flipped through the mental library he had, looking for an appropriate spell to use.  The only one good for this situation would be Mirror Shatter, to distract it and deal illusionary pain. He didn't like putting this thing through harm of anykind, but.. if he could distract it, then maybe she could grab the ring.

The magpie was busy trying to deal with the two tinny wolves, so Speculo walked back up, closer to it. He created a magical mirror infront of him, big enough for the whole magpie to see itself. It's eyes were drawn to it, despite the enemies running around it. "Grab the ring when it starts freaking out, ok?" He called out. As soon as she would respond, Speculo would force the mirror to break, making the magpie feel as if it were the thing that shattered.

HP: 75%
    MP: 70%
    Words: 289

Last edited by Speculo on 7th July 2016, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

I Make My Own Luck
    The Lunatic
    The Lunatic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by The Lunatic 5th July 2016, 11:47 pm

OOC: You can post again to finish up, or you don't have to. Doesn't really matter))

DON'T TRUST ANYONE
    Jeez. Stupid guy didn't even move when she came after him! Tch. Yuzuki watched as the magpie's eyes went this way and that, pausing for the slightest second in confusion at the illusory wolves. Perfect. That would give Speculo that tiny window of time needed to cast a quick spell, and for her to...

A spring from her perch on the wolf caused her to flip head over heels through the air as the animal disintegrated, fading to flecks of moonfire tumbling downwards, and fading from sight. Just as the bird's head was turning, the semi-fey's spear would suddenly curve into its vision, the chains snapping taut just around a centimeter away from its gaze and flying back with a snap of her wrist. A startled blink from the bird filled her vision, then an ear-splitting shriek rang through the formerly peaceful garden. Yuzuki gritted her teeth at the sound the magpie's pain, hating that horrible grating effect it had on her ears. However, she could still pick up the mirror mage's voice over the screams, and pressed forward determinedly despite the horrific sound.

It's claws were already loosening to deal with the pain, and so quickly hooking it off with a slash from Katsuki was no hard task. Yuzuki finished it within milliseconds, and suddenly felt herself shooting upwards again. She sat down hard as the world suddenly grew to a tiny size compared to her former view. Dizzy, she would bury her eyes in her arm before looking back up again. "Got it," she said, turning and handing the ring to the woman.

"Hmm... Not bad..." eyes were narrowed appropriately at the semi-fey, before she would turn and give Speculo's share of the reward before Yuzuki's. Ah, well, it was to be expected. "Annoying old man," Yuzuki smirked at the mirror age, before scooping the magpie back into its nest with one shockingly high jump, then disappearing into a alleyway. Another job finished.
    325@Spec

Speculo
    Speculo

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Speculo 7th July 2016, 6:17 pm

Speculo

Speculo lowered his arm, tired and aching in pain from holding it up. He grit his teeth and put pressure on his wound, trying to stop the bleeding as she hooked the ring out of the crying bird's mouth. Almost instantly, they grew back to normal size. That bird that put a hole in his shoulder? shrunk down to normal size. The girl also grew with him, although she was still shorter than him by the same height. She handed the ring to the woman who was only a few feet away, watching. Speculo got his share first, thanking the woman before watching the girl take the bird back up to it's nest. It made him smile.

But then like that, she took her share and pounced out of there, disappearing into the city. He sighed, not knowing her name. The woman thanked Speculo then went back inside, and the Mirror Mage promptly left the gardens back to the city. Well, that was fun. He was still bleeding and in pain, going to have to have that looked at. But it was a fun day. Something worth getting off of the beaten dirt roads for. Now... what happens next? ..Food?

HP: 75%
    MP: 70%
    Words: 200

I Make My Own Luck

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 8:31 am