Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace

Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Cursed Seal
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 450

In Progress Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace

Post by Chrono 26th May 2016, 4:29 pm

Job Details:

"I find my people would be quite envious of the nature here." The first words to come out of Chrono's mouth during this new task. He had been sent here free of charge after a "splendid performance" on behalf of the Magic Council; a part of his note of appreciation. However, this 'free of charge' deal would only be granted if Chrono decided to go with the Magic Council's new task; the task he sought out to complete here in the Beanstalk Village. His impression of this village was not as pleasant as he imagined, however. The land could have used more water, while the location of this village could have been established closer to the sun. Albeit, Chrono had to deal with this issue if he wanted this job over and done with.

"Sinbad, our chosen one is here!" A voice echoed towards Chrono's whereabouts. In short notice, a purple-haired adolescent with a height equal to Chrono's own stood next to him, excited. The emergency carousel stood behind him while this 'Sinbad' teenager remained by Chrono's side. "Apologies, Chrono. We would have informed you of our problems sooner if we had better connectivity with the council. Heck, if we had a carousel like that, we could have just migrated from this land." Chrono could not tell if this boy's comment was exaggerated or thought-out. To leave supposedly living, and life-threatening plants alive to literally consume the town, just for a one family's survival was ridiculous. It reminded Chrono of a nightmare, in fact, but he would save that for later. Of course, while this other boy was here, Chrono was eager to see the presence of the more matured voice earlier on, and so his eyes averted over. "Are you looking for my father?" The lad interrupted, "He won't be coming here. The plants almost killed him, so now he's hidden, entrusting me to give you all the details to this job." Chrono hissed, but evidently towards the council; not the boy. "Tell me everything, leaving not a single detail behind. Do this, and consider your problems solved." The little fellow smiled, saying cheers to Chrono before he decided to introduce himself. "Sinbad Pisces." Sinbad greeted, "Who might you be?" Chrono's eyes opened in awe. Pisces? Libra? Two symbols of the zodiac. Was this boy -- no -- it couldn't be! The sand king sighed. He would just have to leave this for later, as well.

"Chrono. Chrono Libra."
    Chrono
    Chrono

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

In Progress Re: Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace

Post by Chrono 27th May 2016, 3:22 pm

Chapter One: Sinbad Pisces!

"So here we are!" Sinbad began, "As promised, I shall give you every detail I have been assigned to grant you upon completing our initial task, in return!" The boy was so cheerful about seeing this project start. Did he ever imagine how much damage could come out of what had risen here? Possibly not. The boy was only a teenager, after all. When Chrono was his age, all he did was perform average human routines, and train magic. "Overnight, both my father and I noticed plants beginning to move on their own. An aura of magic I have never seen before hovered over our plants, and before we knew it, these same plants were beginning to eat our crops, then grow in strength. We have not found another tracing of this man lately, but we are not worrying about that. What we worry about is how these plants are spitting out the crops they once ate, possessed and multiplied in numbers. If this continues on, these crops may not be the only prey of these plants, but rather us humans, as well. I wish I had magic, though I do not, nor do I recall a single citizen of this village who does." Sinbad clinched his fist in response to this fact. Did he really find this whole idea of magic personal? In Desierto, many of the civilians between the three cities had a blast, while the vast majority did not have magic either. Chrono supposed Sinbad foresaw himself as a magic user, but was just never given the gift.

"Whatever. It's not like I need magic, anyway." Sinbad contradicted, "My father and I have you guys, right?! These plant demons don't know what'll hit 'em!" Now this was something pleasant - this confidence boost. With a personality such as Sinbad's own, if this adolescent was truly destined for magic, Chrono could picture him as the offensive type, most likely related with fire. "Anything else I have to say? Oh!" Sinbad realized, "Father told me these plants vary in strength. Some are like zombies if you do not take care of them quickly, while they tend to assemble themselves into five groups upon noticing someone nearby. Notably, the smaller plants group in the front, while the biggest group at the back. If you lock eyes with the plants - and yes I say 'eyes' - they will attack. Do not try and make any physical contact with them either, please! They are cursed!"

Chrono did not have much to say until the end, honestly. All he wanted to hear were details about the plants, and oh my days did he ever receive enough.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace CHRONOSIGGY_zpsy2d07lmt
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 27th May 2016, 4:57 pm

Chapter Two: Investigation

Once Sinbad had addressed the issue, it was time for Chrono to take matters into his own hands. He started his own part of the project firstly by running past the area, strictly within an area untraceable by those with newly formed eyes or alternate form of sight - a discovery courtesy of Sinbad. Indeed, these plants were predictably organized only when a target was met, but what made them disorganized otherwise? To answer this question, Chrono noticed the uprising of crops driven from the dark magic within the area. The weak plants devoured this dark energy emitted from these new plants, while the new plants evolved into what would be the new weakest links of the party. An interesting, yet problematic system, to say the least. However, Chrono also noticed that all plants pointed to the same location; their North. Chrono was positioned eastward from the plants, and saw that these plants would not dare turn their eyes elsewhere unless threatened. He could also sense the gradually increasing strength of each plant and crop along the way. Chrono had now taken the situation a few steps further in his favour, but required more thinking. For now, all Chrono could think of was a diagonal strike, though in their stance, Chrono was better off grabbing all of their attention at once, then using his magic to wipe the plants and crops out by random sets; never any strict numbers. A southbound assault was foreseeable, though it would take at least the attention of one set of plants to begin a strike from there. As for the west, civilization was closest to that landmark, so allowing any bypass from that location could mean harm to those without supernatural power such as Chrono's own Sand Magic. "Father Mizael, tonight we strike from the air." Chrono thought aloud.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 27th May 2016, 5:09 pm

Chapter Three: Airstrike

It was now nighttime in Beanstalk Village, and Chrono was preparing himself to attack the plants and crops from their blind spot; the air. None of them had the reach in their biological structure to look upwards, from what Chrono had seen earlier, allowing Chrono to take the first kill. However, while he was in the air, Chrono realised his plan was absent of a follow-up. "Mother Aki, what should I do?" Chrono asked, hesitant suddenly. It had been ages since Chrono had last seen himself hesitant in any matter - what was so wrong here? Chrono first had to imagine the reactions of other plants and crops soon after some would be eliminated. Most of these plants had mouths like crocodiles, while others were formed like spears, or had great thorns on their sides. If Chrono was truly prepared to strike from the air, he had to be ready to end the lives of any nearby plants and crops immediately after. "Ready." Chrono said to himself. Chrono guided himself to descend with the sand below his feet, dropping towards the front of the group first. Instantly, the entirety of the plant and crop population reassembled in an orderly fashion so the strong were least likely to receive any hits. The sand drowned out a few of the plants, while the general impact killed others, as well. Chrono also thought-out how the sand would display itself earlier on too. The impact of the sand following the natural wind blinded these living plants for a moment, allowing Chrono to escape the remaining enemies before they could do any damage. Unfortunately, Chrono could only relocate himself northbound from the population, most likely resulting in an immediate counter after the sand cleared. Once it had, Chrono heard a strong roar from the back, with launched plants and crops incoming in a surprisingly disorganized manner from the front. It seemed the plants thought-out their tactics, as well. Chrono was in trouble!
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th May 2016, 5:09 pm

The member 'Chrono' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace WeakMonster
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 9th June 2016, 11:36 am

Chapter Four: Pushed Back?!

Now misplaced on the battlefield, Chrono could not help but curse himself for being in his particular position. "Nice robe, crimson." A tomato giant commented, "I remember when I had a robe like that...then my mom got a job!" Other tomatoes laughed at this joke, though it was more corny than offensive honestly. "Well, where is your mom now?" Chrono asked rhetorically with a smirk, "Don't answer that - I'll tell you where she is. She's probably squashed somewhere like a fly, reduced to nothing, just as I am about to reduce this assembly of yours into nothing, as well." Unlike Chrono, these tomatoes were offended now. They began to ran towards Chrono ruthlessly and aggressively, spraying some sort of red substance from their mouths. Chrono repeatedly jumped out of the way to avoid these strikes, then anticipated further actions in preparation for spells.

"Your attacks are easy to evade." Chrono mentioned, "I assume you tomatoes are the weakest link in your party?" Chrono began to laugh this time, able to dodge this tomatoes with ease, yet until he could conjure a spell, unable to throw anything back at these enemies. Still, he was in trouble, but did not act mistakenly as he did before. This time, in other words, Chrono was in complete control. All the while, however, Chrono noticed how the other plants and crops chose not to confront Chrono alongside these tomatoes. Did they plan to get Chrono rows at a time? Perhaps plan some cheap shots? Join in later? Chrono could never tell, but did not bother until he would eventually cease these tomatoes of their cursed existence.

Last edited by Chrono on 9th June 2016, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 9th June 2016, 11:45 am

Chapter Five: The Counter!

The fight continued with recurrences of previous actions, over and over again. Chrono was still trying to find an opening well enough between these tomatoes to trap at least half of them within one spell, then encase the others with a second. This was going to be a difficult task seeing as these tomatoes refused to disperse in any fashion. Their formation was perfect, in fact, which Chrono had a problem with. He needed a plan that would make an "assault" appear threatening enough to break through the blockade. This was when Chrono proceeded forward with a punch to strike a tomato in the gut. He pierced through it in an instant, his speed suddenly boosted much quicker than former movements. The other tomatoes were startled, which allowed Chrono to finally initiate an attack of his own.

In an instant, a pyramid of sand filled with spikes trapped five tomatoes at once (though initially for a single target at a time) within it, then collapsed over the tomatoes. They toppled over each other, the impact of the collapse putting quite some weight over the tomatoes long enough for Chrono to trample over them all, literally pushing the curse of these five tomatoes out with his feet. It appeared the curse was invisible, though there was no magic power present after the curse disappeared - these tomatoes were regular tomatoes again, but squashed brutally. Five other tomatoes attempted to strike Chrono from behind, though they would notice a sphere of sand encase Chrono instantly. The tomatoes collided with the sphere, and were then damaged horrendously from the exterior of the trap. Again, these tomatoes were blown by the weight of the sphere, collapsing onto the ground and splattered, dead in their tracks. All ten tomatoes had been defeated at this point, and it was now time to approach the next group.

Health: 90%
    Magic Power: 80%

Last edited by Chrono on 9th June 2016, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 9th June 2016, 11:45 am

'Monster Dice' :
    Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace NormalMonster
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 23rd June 2016, 10:13 am

Chapter Six: Corn Chaos

First tomatoes, now corn. Truthfully, Chrono found this to be a joke. How could plants and crops become infected like this, and more importantly a threat to the village? Just what had these people not caught overnight, and who decided to make plants and crops of all things a pain for even wizards to fight off? Well, there was nothing Chrono could say now. The tomatoes were defeated, but corn was now his enemy. These corn obviously came in cobs, just like the ones people tend to eat nowadays, but giant in size. They appeared to be much more difficult to defeat than the tomatoes earlier, but Chrono had to test this. However, first, he needed to make some space so these gigantic pieces of corn would not hit him. He decided to show his acrobatics off this time, performing three back-flips to the point where he had gained an additional fifteen meters in distance away from the new threats.

"What should I do now?" Chrono asked himself. The sand king thought about attacking these enemies with his body just like the tomatoes, but had to be careful about how they could counter. For example, if Chrono attacked from the side, he would only have little time to move unless he wanted to suffer being pounded by a giant. Oh, how he wished he had more specifics from the boy earlier, but he supposed everything would be alright regardless. This had to be the plan. Yes. Chrono was going to unleash some physical assaults again, but this time more physically, accurately, and rapidly so the corn could not join together and brutally damage his own body.

Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 23rd June 2016, 10:24 am

Chapter Seven: Corn Crusher!

It was time for Chrono to make an approach on the corn. Oh, how silly this sounded when Chrono thought about it; man versus vegetable. As he began to move, so did the corn. He figured the corn could track him, even without eyes. Whoever cursed these plants was brilliant, actually. To give plants and crops senses, despite them not having any before. Just by looking at them for a second, Chrono knew they were going to attempt a cheap shot. However, there was more to Chrono than just running. He maneuvered himself so sand would draw behind him, slipping under the corn so it would tumble. Anything that could move could tumble, after all. While fallen over, Chrono took the opportunity to unleash three quick kicks straight through one of the giant, living corn on the cobs, removing the curse. He was lucky the profiling of these plants and crops were accurate, or else Chrono could've been completely off with his tactics.

There were still four left, however, which drew closer as soon as they realized one was down. All four attempted to use their special move noted over Chrono, but unfortunately for them, Chrono even took advantage of the defeated. You see, while the remaining corn on the cobs tried to launch four simultaneous strikes on the male, he used the cob he had just beaten quickly as leverage to not only give himself more high than usual, but use the heads of the other cobs to jump between them. He first gave three consecutive, solid punches to the first cob he stood over, then taunted the third to hit his own 'friend' before jumping onto him, and inflicting the same moves onto the third cob. He made this a pattern, taking advantage of the fact that these plants and crops were still absent of a brain. Within due time, Chrono approached the last two cobs identically before they eventually fell to the same technique; all of the corn and tomatoes alike now defeated. Who was next? Well, Chrono had to find out based on an eventual reaction.
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 23rd June 2016, 10:24 am

'Monster Dice' :
    Chrono's Second Mission: A Wizard's Grace WeakMonster
    Chrono
    Chrono

Post by Chrono 23rd June 2016, 10:34 am

Chapter Eight: Tomato Redemption!

It appeared that more tomatoes had summoned themselves once again to the scene, though take into account that Chrono was using his magic so precisely on these fools that no ordinary plants or crops were being demolished. No. This was actually why Chrono planned on drawing them out. Sure, he had used two spells to annihilate the first group of tomatoes, though realistically, only minerals from the group scraped through the vegetables and defeated them; that was how Chrono managed to win against the first set. These tomatoes had emotions, believe it or not. They were especially angry at Chrono for defeating a group already, and therefore followed him quicker than usual. Unfortunately for them, Chrono was still drawing them away from the usual plants and crops, keeping them undamaged just like the others. This was going to be a thorn in Chrono's side to deal with a second set of tomatoes, but he didn't mind. Like he noticed before, these cursed ones had emotions, but not brains. They acted on instinct, but not conscious. This is exactly how Chrono managed to keep the usual plants and crops safe, in fact. He kept on assuring that wherever he moved was away from the radius of ordinary plants and crops.

Chrono thought about the difficulty of beating these tomatoes in the meantime. He wondered if their increased speed would do anything about the aftermath, but based on what he had seen from the corn, who were far more dangerous than these tomatoes, he knew that these tomatoes had a tendency to follow the actions of whichever tomato decided to attack first. Obviously Chrono had to stay away from the sauce these tomatoes were capable of exposing still, as it would not only damage him harshly, but blind him with the juices.

NOTE: Please note that my post count is actually one post ahead of whatever chapter number I give for each post. I did not include one for the first post, you see.

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 1:22 pm