Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn]

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Empty Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn]

Post by Guest 17th April 2016, 12:39 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●
    O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

Elsie sat relaxed on a web she had spun up in the rafters of the guild's tavern, high enough that she had a good view of everything and everyone. She watched each passing member with intrigue settled in her golden, slit eyes, simply observing how they went about their day. Some talked among their friends, others stood at the job board not far from where she was suspended in the air. Each person was uniquely different, but all were garbed in the traditional Midi-styled clothing, except for the ones who stood out. Those were the members she was most fascinated by, the ones who didn't seem to work with a hive mind, like her children did. Moving a hand upward, Elspeth rest her head on her hand, cupped around her jaw and chin, silently studying her guild-mates. The woman opened her mouth and covered it with her free hand, giving out a yawn of boredom, despite being entertained.

"Ms. Abbott?" a voice called up to her with an inquiring tone, as she was being requested of something silently.

She blinked and looked down. Below her was one of her guild-mates that she hadn't gotten to know well. The hand over her mouth dropped into her lap, where her legs were crossed over each other and glued to her webbing. Elsie shifted her weight and rolled onto her side, flopping down onto her stomach and lowering herself to her guild-mate's level. Strung up by a thick strand of her silk, the woman hung upside down in front of the young boy, looking him over curiously.

"Is there something you need, Dear?" Elspeth raised at him, cocking an eyebrow and waiting for an answer from him.

He extended his left hand, which held a neatly sealed, yellowish envelop, and gave her the contents of it.

She reached her own left hand forward and grabbed the item, maneuvering so that she was now held suspended by her legs, and ripped open the envelop. Papers spilled from its innards, falling onto the floor, in which she had to extend her silk in order to pick up the leaves. The first she had picked up was folded and had bold, cursive lettering on the front, addressed to her like an old friend reunited. Elsie could not recall having an acquainted friend on Earthland, not since this was her first time being in the world of humans and monsters. Unfolding the paper, she began to read over what was sent to her, eyes narrowed and scrutinizing what had been written.

Dear Old Friend,

I don't know if you remember me, but I need your help. A strange curse has swept across my homeland, destroying most of the population. I managed to escape and am now in hiding, but while I was escaping from those creatures, one of them bit me. Within the envelope I have placed my current location; I am currently at an old cabin in the Cursed Lands. Please, come as soon as you can, as I am beginning to feel rather feverish.

Yours Truly,
    Terrence Burgass

Elsie folded the paper back up and grabbed the other one that had fallen, the one that contained the coordinates to the cabin. Whoever this "Terrence Burgass" was, she was willing to help him out, as it sounded like he was in serious trouble. However, she was a lowly mage, one that didn't have much power in her, despite her origins being that of a Celestial Spirit. Here in this world, she was not at the power she was best known for the Celestial Spirit World; here she was weaker.

"Thank you, Aurelios," she responded, taking hold of the boy's face and giving him a motherly peck on the cheek before ushering him off.

The young teenager blushed and ran away from her, leaving her own her own as she decided what to do about this.

"Does anyone mind coming on a trip with me out to Cursed Lands? I have a bit of business I need to take care of and I don't want to go on my own."

@Infinity Hydra
    6 8 3
    The italicized part is what happened before the page break; a flashback of sorts?
    MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Pride of a Mercenary
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,168

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Empty Re: Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn]

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 18th April 2016, 10:47 pm

Job Description:

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Aemon%20Black_zpsc1g9nzyt

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Artworks-000093873495-e0nvw8-large_zpshvhffprc

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.
    #

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

"To save a life, I must fight for more than Ideals."

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Ezgif.com-gif-maker_zps15rwunt3

- Aemon

" "
    Aemon had just began to get settled in his new home in the guild of Infinity Hydra, a legal guild within Fiore who’s goals could potentially line up more with his own than that of his previous guild Pharaohs Call. This was the sort of guild that would get their hands dirty and get involved against dark guilds, invoking justice. The atmosphere was also something he had to get use to again. Spending time out in the desert caused his body to adjust to that particular climate and the higher altitude needed some getting use to for a change. He also needed to adjust to the layout of the guild in order to prevent himself from getting lost again. Aemon had finally finished decorating his small already furnished dorm room. His wall had displayed various weapons, several swords,bows, and firearms and the sheets on his bed were red and black, appropriate colors for not only the guild but for Aemon who was constantly wearing that color scheme. Sitting on his bed with his hands folded in his lap he gazed upon his new room and smiled "Not bad." he said looked up at the weaponry "but of course never the best." he held his hand opened knowing full well that despite his impressive armory, his most impressive weaponry is stored in his mind, thanks to the weapon factory placed there to make up for his lack of magic ability. He let out a sigh as he stood up from his bed and looked towards the door "It would be best that I leave the confines of my room and make my way to the tavern. After all that is where the entirety of the guild tend to congregate and I couldn’t think of a better place to gather information." he would exit his room and navigate his way towards where he thought the Tavern was.

After managing to get lost for only a small amount of time he followed a couple guildmates who would lead him to the area that would be the tavern, he was able to conclude this merely from the amount of people gathered around as well as the layout of the area. The area seemed pretty normal at first sight. Aemon had made a simple order of some hot tea for the morning and was sitting on one of the benches backwards with his back pressed against the table and his tea cup held in his right hand while his left hand held a saucer. That was when the strangest thing happened, a woman with black hair hanging upside down by a white wire of some sort conversing with a member of the guild, he couldn’t hear what they were saying despite his increased hearing due to the number of people but seeing as it was none of his business he took another sip of his tea and merely closed his eyes and was prepared to focus on enjoying his morning tea and information gathering. However a soft voice echoed throughout the tavern as it was meant to be heard and being curious to who was speaking Aemon opened his eyes and locked onto the woman from earlier who was hanging upside down, she had requested that someone from the guild join her for her trip to the cursed lands for business she had to attend to and made it a point that she didn’t wish to go alone. Aemon looked around to see if anyone would answer but was surprised that not one single person would answer the call. He wished to aid her by offering his services but he had no intention of getting involved in business that wasn’t his to deal with so he stood from his table and turned to exit the tavern to head back to his room before exploring more of the guild hall, he had no idea of what would come next.
    template by Darkee

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] 14e642f

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Empty Re: Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn]

Post by Guest 19th April 2016, 12:18 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●

No one was answering her request at all, which was disappointing to her as she had wanted to go on a mission with someone. She felt that being able to do a mission with someone would help grow their bond together as mother and child. After all, she loved them all dearly, but if no one wanted to go with her, she would force someone to come along. Besides, going off into Cursed Lands sounded rather terrifying to her, especially since she had never been there before. Elspeth needed someone to come along with her not just for the feeling of protection and safety, but to also find her way there. Without someone's help, she was afraid that she would not be able to help this man who had sent this letter to her. The spider hummed a little and let her slit eyes glance around, watching as people belligerently ignored her or purposefully got up and walked away.

Out of the corner of her eye, the woman noticed a man following the rest of them as they walked away, tryng to hide from her. He stood out most to her. Why? Because he wore red and black, two colors of which were common for her spiders. Elsie raised a hand and silk shot out from the tips of her fingers, latching into the trench coat of the new Infinity Hydra member. She'd tug lightly on the threading then start to spin it a little, so that it inched closer and closer to her. Her threading was weak though, so she had to be gentle with how hard she pulled on it, especially when she didn't want to hurt the man. Once he was close enough, she pulled on it harder, spinning Aemon toward her, so that she could hug him with her all of her limbs. A pout would appear on her lips the moment she had him trapped in her arms, and she'd look down at him with her pretty, golden eyes.

"Won't you come along with me on this mission, my dearest creature," she pleaded, moving a hand to squish his cheeks and nuzzle their faces together. "I could really use some help and it would be so gentlemanly of you if you could help me along with this mission. This is my first one, my first time here on Earthland with you lovely beasts. . . my lovely, little children of nature."

She was cooing at him now, purring a little, her clawed feet of her spider legs kneading gently against his torso. Whether he liked the affection or not didn't matter to the celestial spirit, as she was going to give it no matter what. As a matter of fact, her thought process was exactly this: the more attention given, the more likely they are to pay attention. Perhaps, she was wrong, but no matter, she was going to do all that it took to make sure that he would go with her.
    @Infinity Hydra
    4 9 8
    Notes

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 19th April 2016, 8:45 pm

s

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Aemon%20Black_zpsc1g9nzyt

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Artworks-000093873495-e0nvw8-large_zpshvhffprc

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.
    #

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] Ezgif.com-gif-maker_zps15rwunt3

- Aemon

" "
    Aemon was on his way to exit the tavern ready to make his way through the guild hall and into town so he could get his bearings on the area or better yet he could make his way to the roof and simply use his bow to enhance his vision and get a panoramic scope of the town but that idea went up in flames when the slightest sound of a thwack which made him look back behind him to see a white thread sticking to his back. If not for his enhanced vision he would have missed it "What the..? What is the.." he was going to question what it was but that is when the sensation of being tugged on was felt. He could have pulled against it but that wasn’t in his nature, he instead just crossed his arms and let himself be dragged to whoever it was that the thread belonged to. "There had better be a good reason to why I am being dragged across the tavern like a puppet" he thought to himself but soon the whole tavern would spin to the left as he turned right due to a slightly harder tug on the thread, like a puppet Aemon spun to face the owner of the thread with his arms still crossed. His eyes remained narrowed as the owner would be revealed to be the raven haired woman who had the additional eight legs mounted on her back..like a spider. Aemon could have almost kicked himself "How could I have not realized it sooner, of course the thread would belong to the woman who has the anatomy of a spider." he thought to himself while looking at the pout that graced the woman’s pretty features and her golden eyes looking at him in a pleading manner.

Aemon was going to ask what the meaning of this was but was interrupted by the woman’s voice asking if he would come along with her on the job and then proceeded to smush his face with her hands while nuzzling her face into his. "Wha...what are you doing?" he would ask her confused by the act of endearment, of course part of him enjoyed it. He knew what she was doing and what it represented but he had not experienced it himself so it was more foreign to him than anything. She had started to plead in a manner that wasn’t that of a beggar but of a sweet lady who just needed some help and while hearing that it was her first job might have been enough to get him to agree but it was her calling for him to act chivalrous was what made him conceed mentally.  What she added to the end of her statement did interest him, she had been speaking as if she was foreign to earthland as a world but now wasn’t the time to inquire on it, first he had to create some distance between himself and this woman. Aemon brought his hands up to pry his face out from her hands that were smushing his face and he had patted down his outfit "Alright, fine you win I will come along if it means you will stop." he said before placing on and on his hip and kept his emerald orbs fixed on her "Tell me about this mission you wish to go on." he asked getting right to the point with his hand held open wanting to see the flyer for the job request.
    template by Darkee

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 19th April 2016, 9:35 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●

While Elspeth had all of the motherly intentions deep within her, it was apparent that her affection displayed to Aemon could come off as more of a seductress. She was lucky enough that not a single one of their guild members had paid enough attention to them to think otherwise. Aemon, on the other hand, appeared to be discomforted by the fact that she was willingly giving him this amount of affection. By what means had he earned her love anyway? She was simply one to freely give her attention to everyone she loved though. When he finally caved in from her endearing nature, the woman allowed for the young mage to release himself from her grasp. Elsie beamed a gentile smile at him, clasping her hands together, even though she was crushing the flier a bit. The moment she noticed this, she quickly handed the flier over to him, figuring that had been what he was asking for.

"It's out in Cursed Lands at the Abandoned Cabin, but since I've only been here on Earthland for a few days, I don't know where that is," she answered him. "I figured that you look like a pretty weathered down kind of guy, someone who tends to travel and go where the river flows. I don't want to seem like a bother or anything, but I would really appreciate it if you could at least just get me there. You don't have to help with the mission otherwise, though you're more than welcome to still come along if you wish." Elsie shrugged her shoulders at this point and clasped her arms together, each one settled below the next. "Oh! I'm sorry, I entirely forgot to introduce myself! I'm Elspeth Abbott, one of the newer members of Infinity Hydra. I'm sorry if I came off as a bit affectionate toward you, it's just that I absolutely adore humans and any Earthlander creature."

Elsie would fall silent, discovering that she had started to ramble and talk too much when he seemed like someone who brooded more. She'd wait for him to finish looking over the flier, then what he thought of the mission and what they should do. From here, Cursed Lands was quite the way away and Elspeth had no real quick way of being able to get there. Not to mention, but no one really wanted to give people rides up to Cursed Land when there was potentiality of them getting hurt. It was why mages were the only ones to truly go up there and be able to escape those dreaded lands with one a few scratches. The idea kind of terrified her though; she was celestial spirit, she couldn't die, but the thought of getting close to it scared her. Exactly what would happen if her life was abruptly ended there in the Cursed Lands, held safely in the hands of Aemon?

"Shall we get going? I don't want to be held up too long, for the person sounded like they were in serious trouble," Elsie stated.

@Infinity Hydra
    5 0 8
    Notes

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 20th April 2016, 12:47 am

s

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.
    #

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    Aemon had to admit that it was quite nice to see the spider woman smile the way she did, it showed him that she was completely grateful for his willingness to join her on this mission she seemingly needed help with. It was even more apparent to him this was the case when she clasped her hands almost as if she was filled with joy but upon crushing the flier a bit she held it out for him to take which he did in a polite manner where he waited for her to release her grip rather than just ripping it from her grasp. She had began to explain briefly mentioning that the job would be taking place in the cursed lands where there would be an abandoned cabin awaiting their arrival, he paid attention to her while his eyes scanned the flyer reading it to himself "Dear Old Friend,

I don't know if you remember me, but I need your help. A strange curse has swept across my homeland, destroying most of the population. I managed to escape and am now in hiding, but while I was escaping from those creatures, one of them bit me. Within the envelope I have placed my current location; I am currently at an old cabin in the Cursed Lands. Please, come as soon as you can, as I am beginning to feel rather feverish.

Yours Truly,
    Terrence Burgass
    "
    as Aemon read the letter it seemed to be more of a personal favor than a job but wasn’t willing to dismiss the possible reward from the client, this Terrence fellow. He had half heard her almost describe him perfectly in regards to his travel experience but gave more attention when she seemed to shy away a bit mentioning that all he had to do would take her there and leave without any obligation in aiding her with it. She had shrugged her shoulders which signaled Aemon to speak "It won’t be a bother but if I am already taking you that far out there is no harm in my helping you. Besides I don’t believe that I could actually bring myself to leaving you along in a place that is called the Cursed Lands so I will be joining you for the duration of the job." he would hold onto paper into a square for a while before handing it back to the spider woman. Aemon was about to ask the girl when she would like to leave but she realized a fat that he himself had yet to realize and that was there was a lack of a proper introduction between the two. She went first after apologizing by stating her name was Elspeth Abbot a new member to the guild as he was and she finished off her introduction with yet another apology in regards to her expression of affection she had shown him when she pulled him close. A slight blush appeared upon the stoic features of the man but quickly vanished upon realizing her sudden silence was a way for her to wait for him to say something "There is no need to apologize Ms.Abbot, my name is Aemon Trahaearn." he said to her with a smirk on his face as he placed one hand on his hip and kept his eyes fixed on her as she asked if they should get going mentioning that the person seemed to be in trouble which was the same vibe he had also noticed from the letter as there was a certain sense of urgency about it "We can leave as soon as you are ready." he said as he began to head towards the exit of the tavern with the town entrance his destination "We can take a carriage as far as they will take us and then from there we will have to make do. Are you prepared for a bit of a walk miss?" Aemon’s thoughts wandered to her apology for her excessive display of affection and while he wouldn’t ever admit it there was something about it that made him sorta want a bit more of it, something that he never truly got as a child. Instead true love and affection for who he was he only had the attention and pressures of what he should be or become and it were those sentiments made his heart like stone so if anything seemed to be a sign of him rejecting her affections from here on out it wouldn't be due to his negative outlook on her but on his on past rather. Could she be someone who could soften his heart he wondered.
    template by Darkee

Post by Guest 20th April 2016, 8:13 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●

Despite having only known her for a few minutes, this man, Aemon Trahaearn, had displayed a bit of kindness toward her. She appreciated this in the sense that she believed he would be willing to protect her on this job if it ever called for it. Elspeth was strong, but she wasn't strong enough to easily defend herself; her magic was long range, not close combat. If it ever came to the point where she was reduced to melee damage, she would most likely be forced back to the Celestial Spirit World. Who knows how long she would reside up there, where years could pass down here and only minutes pass by in the Spirit World. The thought made her wince, as she did not want to be too long away from her children when they needed her. In fact, she could only imagine the chaos that would rain down upon the guild if she were to ever been gone for too long of a time.

Elsie blinked and pulled herself out of her reverie, nodding slightly in acknowledgement to Aemon as he spoke. "Thank you," she mumbled to him, her eyes observing how he would fold the piece of paper in his hands until giving it back to her. She frowned at the sight of the squared paper, then her eyes would widen and she'd snatch it from his hands. Curiosity got the better of her and she would pluck at the edges until one side had unfolded and extended the length of the paper. This was magic to her. How could a paper so large at one point be whittled down to a tiny square surface? Eventually, she had managed to return the paper to its original size, staring at how large it had become compared to what it had been before. She'd look back to Aemon, her eyes still wide, but instead of a frown on her face, there'd be an amazed smile.

Her actions would seemingly go unnoticed by the man as he introduced himself shortly after she had given her name. "Aemon," Elspeth repeated his name, feeling her chest tighten and bubble at the strangeness of his name on her tongue. The name was quiet pleasing to her: it was ancient or old-sounding and had a religious hint to it in her eyes. She wondered how he had been given that name; if, perhaps, the constellation he resided over was just as old. Elsie didn't dare say his last name though, afraid that she would butcher the pronunciation and make a fool of herself. Dare she say that she actually liked the sound of his name? It was definitely name not common among the Earthlanders. "I like your name," she stated after a few seconds of silence from his introduction and he seemingly wandered off to a dreamland.

"I am ready to go though," Elspeth continued, "we don't want to keep this 'Terrence Burgass' guy from waiting too long." As Aemon turned away from her and began heading toward the tavern doors, she'd sheepishly follow after him. Her long legs kept up with his quick stride and she'd stick close to him like a mother to her young child in a store. When he brought up riding a carriage, she wasn't certain what he meant by that, as she didn't even know what a carriage was. All those millenniums up in the sky had made her forget that carriages were similar to the chariots of ancient times. They were a way of transportation by animals, horses more specifically, but it would be scary to her nonetheless. "Please, just call me Elsie," she'd request after Aemon called her "ms" or "miss" for a second time since they spoke.

"I'm fine with walking if need be," the lady added, legs dropping a little as she thought of how sore her feet would get. It was unfortunate her spider legs were upon her back, for they wouldn't do very well in letting her walk.

@Infinity Hydra
    6 6 6
    Notes

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 21st April 2016, 9:46 pm

s

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    Aemon noticed the features on her face contort for all but a moment, showing signs of something foremost on her mind that was bothering her, he was curious to what it was and even a slight bit concerned. He wasn’t sure if something he had said somehow caused her to become upset but after he had agreed to go with her she mumbled under her breath a thank you to which Aemon merely said "You are welcome." right before the woman reached out and snatched the flier in which he had folded from his hand eyeing it down with a frown at first but then he watched as her eyes widened as if she had just realized something. He was curious to what it was she realized, perhaps there was some sort of hidden message on the back of the paper that she could only see but it was the act of her unfolding the paper so it was still folded in half longways seemingly mesmerized by the paper and the act of folding and unfolding it, as if it were a foreign concept to her but when she had returned the paper to it’s original form and size she looked at Aemon with now a smile on her face. He put his hand on his hip cocking his head ever so slightly to the side "Never seen folded paper before?" but his mind allowed him to recall something she had mentioned before, how she referred to Earthland as an abstract thing and referred to humans as creatures all signs pointing to her now being from this realm. He couldn’t help but allow his curiosity spark wanting to know more about her but knew that would come about later as their journey would progress but he would get the basics out of the way by giving his name to her as she had for her. He would hear her repeat his name and then after a small bit of thought she would say to him that she liked his name, the words would ring through his ears and a small faint red would appear on his cheeks surprised from the compliment but then would cross his arms and close his eyes returning to a more forced stoic look "It’s just a name, nothing special about it." and that wasn’t true at all, had she known his family history she would know name came from the first king to receive the power of the dragon that dwelled within his soul.

After that little exchange he headed for the exit with Elsie as she told him to call her following him out the door of the guild hall and down into town where they would catch a carriage, of course he would allow Elise to go first as proper manners would dictate him to do and that carriage would take them as far northwest as it could before reaching a region where the carriage would come to a dead stop of course making them lean forward in their seats, which Aemon would instinctively put his arm out to catch Elsie from possibly going too far forward. Aemon would knock on the carriage "Is there some sort of trouble?" he would ask the driver who would shout from his seat in the front of the carriage “No problem, we have reached your destination.” Aem would look out the window "This is the cursed land? I had expected it to look more horrific than this." The driver would chuckle “Oh no we are still about five miles or so out from the border of the cursed lands. This is your stop.” He let out annoyed sigh "So you are saying you can’t take us any further than this?" his voice also had hints of annoyance throughout it, the driver could sense it and responded “I can but I won’t. I want nothing to do with those cursed lands.” Aemon heard the answer and while wished to get into a conflict with the driver but looked at Elsie and chose against it. "Fine, if that is how it’s going to be then so be it." He would reach across and open the door for Elsie to exit first and he would follow after standing next to her and would give her a smirk before walking up to the carriage driver giving him his payment before walking up next to Elsie positioning his arm so she could loop hers around it so he would act as the escort he was being but would stop when the Driver would stop him. “Excuse me sir, this isn’t the amount that we agreed to when you climbed aboard. "That’s right but considering you dropped us off no where near our destination I feel that wage would be more than enough. Good day." he would then continue to lead Elsie in a gentlemanly way. "I am truly sorry that we must walk this far. Had I know I would have picked a different mode of transportation." he would say and as they walked somewhere between point a and b he would ask her a question "Elsie if I may ask, could you tell me about yourself perhaps where are you from? I do hope you can forgive my curiosity."
    template by Darkee

Post by Guest 23rd April 2016, 9:57 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●

"I've only ever seen things on Earthland from afar," Elspeth answered Aemon as he noticed how intrigued she had been with the folded paper. As thought, she had never seen such an abstract thing before and had found it to be amusing and insightful to her. She now knew, in order to conserve space, she could fold things, so that they appeared to be smaller than they actually were. That was some rather useful information to her, but she doubted she'd have anything to fold in order to save space. Still, knowing that something like that was possible, she wondered what else Earthland had in store for her. With folded paper being something she wasn't used to, she could only assume there were more magical things. Perhaps, she would run across another celestial spirit and be granted more insight to the world she was now a part of.

Her eyes looked from the folded paper again to Aemon, who had a sudden blush come over his face from her compliment. Once again, a blush was something she had not perceived as possible before and concern instantly washed over her. "Are you all right, Aemon? Do you feel ill? Should I get a. . . uh. . . a. . ." For once, she couldn't think of the necessary word. She didn't know what or who on Earthland had the ability to heal the ill and wounded, for that wasn't necessary up in the Celestial Spirit World. Now, she began to fear that this blushing that Aemon had going on would result in his death and she didn't know what to do. However, the instant change in his demeanor resulted in the worrying ceasing as he resumed being himself. Elsie was slightly baffled over this, but seeing as the blush had gone away and he was himself again, she left it alone.

Amidst the little bantering, a carriage would pull up to them, hailed by Aemon, in which he allowed her to board first. Hesitantly, the young celestial spirit climbed onto the steps of the carriage and lifted herself up onto the seating. She settled down there, where Aemon soon joined by her side and that carriage started pulling forward and moving fast. Motion sickness took over a little bit and she felt the need to throw up, but she held back the bile as she slowly became used to the motion. This was her first time in a carriage and in all honesty, it was something she had never expected to experience. The carriage was moving so quickly and carried by two horses, it amazed her at the strength of the animals. However, it would not be long before the carriage lurched to a stop and Aemon's arm was across her chest to stop her.

Confused by this gesture, the woman looked to Aemon, tilting her head slightly, though he was not even paying attention to her. In fact, the man was speaking to the driver, complaining to him about how this was not the destination they agreed upon. Elspeth would only watch as the two bickered, up until Aemon paid the man a smaller amount than intended and told her to get off. She obeyed his command and removed herself from the confines of the carriage, turning around as she waited for him to join her. The lady remained silent as he apologized about her having to see that and that they would have to walk the rest of the way. It was only when he asked what exactly she was that she swallowed a lump in her throat and hesitated truly for once. What would he think if she was a celestial spirit? Would he think differently of her knowing the land she came from?

"Oh. . . that," she began, her voice a little drifted and quiet as she moved away from her partner and began walking. "As you suspected, I am not of this world, but I am of a world that is closely connected to the gates of Earthland. If you're smart enough, you would know by now that I am speaking of the Celestial Spirit World, where Celestial Spirits reside. Unfortunately, I have only been a celestial spirit for a few millenniums now, and do not know my way around it very well. I'm still quite new, but if you're curious, my real name is Aranea and I am what you would see in the sky as 'The Long-Legged Spider' constellation. In essence, I am a Celestial Spirit and I reside in the Celestial Spirit World, given that I am not walking on Earthland." She had hoped that this answered his question as to what she was and that he would not ask about it anymore.

@Infinity Hydra
    7 9 2
    Notes

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 27th April 2016, 2:32 pm

s

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.
    #

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    Aemon could sense the sudden flood of tension and hesitation radiating from the beautiful spider woman. It was during this moment of silence that Aemon began to question himself if he had crossed the line asking her such a personal question so abruptly. He had just about considered retracting his question but stopped before the action started when Elsie had begun to speak. She sounded distant at first and pulled away from him creating distance between them which further reinforced the idea that he had crossed a line with his question. She had continued to speak confirming his suspicion from before which was that she was not native of Earthland but belonged to the celestial spirit realm of all places and that she was a relatively new spirit but hearing her say only a few millennium now which to a human was no small feat and smirked and even gave a chuckle showing his amusement of her words. "Only a Millennium you say? Maybe that is no small feat. No normal human has ever come close to such an age." he would say adding his two cents into the conversation but would continue to listen to her as she further her explanation of how she did not know her way around earthland very well. She had even shared her true name with him and he repeated the name Aranea in his mind so not to forget it. Aemon would then speak once he was sure that she was finished speaking "Well now, that is interesting. I know of the spirit realm and have even belonged to a guild that was run by a spirit but outside of that this is my first honest interaction with a spirit such as yourself. Perhaps someday we can have an actual discussion about it. I find it a curious thing. " he would say to her as he looked forward again retaining his stoic facial expression "If you have any questions for me you may feel free to ask me anything if you desire that is."

After walking for the next five miles they finally reached the thick wooded area of the cursed lands near the coordinates that would lead to the haunted cabin somewhere within it. The trip to this specific area took a while and it would have taken them less time if he had chosen to reveal his wings to fly them here but between his dislike of his own magic and his lack of thinking about it. Aemon took notice of the area and the strange sort of energy he felt surrounding them and it sent a shiver down his spine "I don't know about you but there is something awfully eerie about this place. We should be on our guard. " he would say with himself readying his hands to materialize a weapon just in time to hear a rustling in the brush. "That scent. Something smells rancid."
    template by Darkee

Last edited by Aemon Trahaearn on 27th April 2016, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th April 2016, 2:32 pm

The member 'Aemon Trahaearn' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] NormalMonster Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] NormalMonster Seeing A Spider Isn't A Problem [Elspeth Abbott & Aemon Trahaearn] WeakMonster

Post by Guest 3rd May 2016, 7:39 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●

She loved her new home up in the Celestial Spirit World, but after so many millenniums up in the sky, she had since been forgotten. Neglected by the people of Earthland for centuries thereafter, she had rested upon her throne in the sky and watched them. No matter if they had overlooked her constellation in the stars and never remembered her again, she was still fond of them. Long ago, she had once been a part of their civilization, known to the people of Athens as Lady Arachne. While it was easy for them to forget such a person having ever lived and her tale having died out long since then, she would not so easily forget them. They were people who had loved her as a person and even when she had been rebirthed into starting species of spiders. Thus was how she maintained part of her human form when she had entered the Celestial Spirit World as one of its spirits.

"A millennium to you may sound long, but up in the stars, time does not exist and a single day is several months on Earthland. Time passes slower up there, and down here is the only place in which I can give myself a true number on age. It may not suffice as a real age, for I have since been a Celestial Spirit that I have long forgotten the true time." The woman shrugged her shoulders, where her spider-like limbs had followed suit until they settled comfortably again. "Humans are not creatures who are immortal, do not expect yourselves to be ones that are capable of such aging. You must be of supernatural caused to be able to survive longer than the average living years to that of a spirit's. We spirits are immortal beings that roam through the lands of your home or up in the skies, to below your feet. Spirits do not die in any sense, they only fade until they have been so long forgotten that they cannot find the will to exist any longer."

Her eyes darted toward Aemon when he mentioned being familiar with the spirit realm, though not too much of the Celestial World. She could not blame him for the spirit realm was a difficult place to understand and one had to have adapt thought to know. "I am curious now to know what your knowledge is on the realm of spirits and in which case, what realms do you know of? However, I will not pry on the matters so much when we are on a job and it could easily distract us from our thoughts." A gracious smile laced her soft lips and she'd look away from Aemon to front stage and glance around at their surroundings. It could not be far off that the cabin was hiding, so they had better be careful with what creatures were hiding around. Elspeth bit her lip at the thought and wondered how well she would fair against matters that could lead to immense danger.

"I would love to have a discussion with you in the end because you are the first person to willingly interact with me. My actions may have been forceful, but they were in due affection; I meant no harm to your emotional state if I had," she responded sweetly. The hairs on the back of her neck prickled at an odd sensation and her chest tightened at the thought of danger approaching. Her fingers twitched and her sharp nails clicked together, echoing in the silence that had abruptly filled the air. An owl, whether undead or not, she did not know, hooted in the distance and reverberated through the waves of wind. Leaves rustled to the dancing of the breeze that passed through and underneath it all could be heard of footsteps. "One day, if I am given the time, I will come to you with questions regarding yourself, but now is not that time."

From the bushes in front of her, a small deer appeared, though this deer had an abnormal appearance in her eyes. It had a slight greenish tint to its fur and exposed skin, chunks of flesh were missing or either hanging off its body. Its eyes had a deadened look to them, glazed over with an estranged glossiness that alluded to an undead nature. Elsie held back a noise in her throat that gruesome sight and out of instinct, her right hand was cast forth, forefinger pointing at the creature. Her face was hidden by her free arm, the hand on that arm grasping the upper part of her right arm for support. A small, silver light appeared at the tip of her index finger and was cast forth, floating to a few feet out in front of her. Swirling and twirling around, its size grew larger until it flashed a brilliant brightness, then dimmed down to nothing.

There that stood before her was none other than Aramin the Spider Guardian, a well-known and beloved creature to Aranea. He was an eight-foot-tall black widow, with, not an hourglass shape on his abdomen, but a large, sickly-looking, red skull. On his face was a replica of that skull, though white marks were on the jaw of the design, looking like bared teeth. The pedipalp of his body reached outward in a rearing-like mouth, while spittle, or what looked like saliva, sprayed intimidatingly from the chelicerae. A soft screeching sound seemingly came from its mouth, though it was possible the sound was emitted from the spray.

Elsie uttered something from her fixed position in a strange language that no human or living Earthlander could understand. A mixture of hissing sounds and guttural groans that sent the massive beast caterwauling toward the rabid zombie deer.

@Aemon Trahaearn
    9 6 3
    Notes

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 11:50 am