Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Leaf in the Wind

Mathias Tremolo
    Mathias Tremolo

Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Archemage's Seal
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 50

Public The Leaf in the Wind

Post by Mathias Tremolo 22nd February 2016, 11:40 pm

"Geez. Slow it down, wouldja?" The four-legged friend, panting and huffing, had bounded out of Mathias' sight. Sweeping a crest of mane from his eyelid, the sturdy frame came to a steep downward slope in the earth and paused. His fuzzy friend was nowhere to be seen — only heard through scraggly snuffling noises from below. The downslope was entwined with roots, which were ready to ensnare even the deftest passerby. Treetops, like ancient beacons to temples in the sky, billowed their plumes and rustled a harmonious interlude with the breeze. Pressing his wrapped palm firmly against an aged trunk, Mathias hung slightly off the ledge and swung himself to all angles to catch a glimpse of his companion.

"Hey!" he barked as he fell backward from the wood and slid his weight onto his thigh. "Seriously. You could get yourself hurt or somethin'." Mathias burrowed his heels firmly into the slope as he descended. A short grumble rumbled from beneath a pile of fallen leaves, and a droopy, white muzzle popped from the heap. The black nose attached to it snuffled around the base of the pile and sneezed two or three times before the tangled chestnut limbs of the dog surfaced and kicked around. Mathias floundered face down onto the pile alongside the boxer, giggled, then snorted as a clump of dust flew into his face.

"You owe me some new kicks, man." He turned his face to meet the animal's deep brown gaze and scowled playfully, furrowing his eyebrows. Curling into a wide grin, his lips lunged a whisker-length away from the dog's snout. The creature rolled back on his haunches and ruffed, wagging his stubbly tail earnestly before darting off. Mathias rolled onto his back and peeked at the hazy sky before crawling to his feet. Carefully grasping his sack (rather, his coat knotted into a makeshift sack) and coated in the remnants from the forest floor, he trundled after the canine. His bright-colored highlights and pink tattoos were painted stark in comparison to the earthy tones around him.

Keeping as close as possible to his friend's nub of a tail, Mathias wove and danced between the trees, making certain to not graze his shoulders. His trot soon ended as he slowed behind the boxer.; the fog had grown thick. What're you...? All thought ended when his yellow-shrouded eyes searched the mist.

Jagged precipices towered above, meeting the clouds far above the human eye's limits. Within sight, however, were small peaks rolling across the valley — a village. Small orbs of light flickered across the village — windows and lanterns strung in lofted places. High above the waving rooftops towered a great palace — so great that the enthusiast had to crane his neck backward so much that his hair tufts tickled the base of his neck. Mathias rolled his tongue into the small crevice across his upper left lip and placed his fingertips across his temple and jaw. His skin prickled, and he wasn't certain if it was because of the weather or this sublime experience of a town ornately woven into nature. What on Fiore?

"Agh. Wait, dammit," Mathias whispered. The boxer had given a small yelp and bounded past the entrance into a small square. He pressed his snout to the ground and sniffed along the pavement as if carefully analyzing every grain of mineral within.  He slunk away, buried in the scent as Mathias awkwardly slunk behind him. Mathias smelled only fresh dew. This is what I get for not keeping a leash.

Mathias had always held a keen sense of direction, but he never had an internal compass. He'd always been a wanderer; things always ended better when they fell the way they were intended. Such was fate when he encountered his furry companion four days ago. The boxer had bounded up to him from practically nowhere and disturbed what was quite frankly a wonderful afternoon nap. He felt the tongue press against his forehead in the darkness of his slumber and was startled awake to find the pup, pretty darn tired and hungry. After sharing a small meal, Mathias simply decided to accompany the dog on whatever mission he seemed intent on accomplishing. Surely it was better than sleeping all day. So, there's that story — no need to read into it.

The two made their way through the village paths — Mathias sauntering along as his friend did the hard work. Guess we'll be parting ways soon, huh? Few people passed. Mathias felt too awkward to inquire about their location, so he left them be. His footsteps were near silent, muffled by the compressing fog as the two drew near the towering tribute to the sky. The boxer paced around the edifice until the pair reached a large, ornate sliding doors. The monolith reached to the heavens above, and Mathias felt puny in comparison — as though the structure could come crashing down on him at any moment. A few voices murmured back and forth from inside.

The canine halted, upturned his tail and rested on his haunches. His deep brown eyes flashed at Mathias for an instant before he began a low and prolonged combination of howling and barking.

"Shh! No! Shaddup!"  Mathias hissed. His face grew warm at the thought of disturbing the silence. "Why d'you do this to me?" he whimpered as he sidled up to the door. What do I do? Knock? On paper? Would knocking damage it? Should he yell? Or just say hello? Dammit, dog. His yellow orbs shifted sideways as he contemplated, his knuckles hovering just two centimeters away from the door.

Last edited by Mathias Tremolo on 25th February 2016, 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Found a typo. D:<)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Leaf in the Wind 2g77a1uThe Leaf in the Wind Female_by_agent_pits-d8ebynkThe Leaf in the Wind Any_by_agent_pits-d88sq6zThe Leaf in the Wind 0LVcGsI
    BrandyMartin
    BrandyMartin

Player 
    Lineage : Seductor's Touch
    Experience : 62.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Public Re: The Leaf in the Wind

Post by BrandyMartin 24th February 2016, 9:09 pm

Brandy sat at one of the center tables in Infinity Hydra's tavern with her usual Hargeon Lime. She engaged in idle conversation with several of her new guild mates, her tail gently swishing back and forth. This was Brandy's third day in the guild and for the most part, the other guild members readily accepted her. Rowan and the guildmaster, Ardere, have been the most welcoming of the bunch.

Suddenly, Brandy's ears twitched when she heard a familiar mix of howling and barking. Wasting no time, she leaped from the long bench and shouted, "That's Zeus!" Memories of how she had been separated from Zeus quickly rushed back to her as she ran to Infinity Hydra's sliding front door.

The stocky brown boxer's face dropped so low that it looked like it would detach from his head at any moment. A tender whine resonated from his throat, for it was as if he knew that Brandy would never return. Brandy's lip quivered and streams of tears trickled down her hot face. She shook her head while choking out words. "No boy. You can't come with me. It's too dangerous. Stay with Mom."

Brandy's mother rubbed the top of Zeus's head, a sad expression restraining her face. "I'm sorry. I wish things were different."

"You can always come with me."

"I can't!" she yelled. "You don't want me with you."

Brandy scowled, her tears stopping for a moment. "You know that isn't true." Brandy's mother remained silent, unable to look her daughter in the eye. "You won't come with me because you can't accept me as your daughter." Brandy sighed. "And besides, you're the one that told me to leave."

In a monotone voice, Brandy's mother said, "I don't want to fight anymore. Just go."

Brandy gripped the handle of her navy-blue suitcase and walked toward the front door with it rolling in tow. She looked over her shoulder and smiled through heart wrenching pain. "I love you."

Brandy's mother hesitated for a moment, staring at the wall, and replied, "I love you too."

With a firm yank, Brandy opened the guildhall's front door and exclaimed, "Zeus!"
    Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Power of Love [INW]
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 25th February 2016, 1:11 am

The training room was like a second home to the frog.  He had his entire armor upon his body, cape flying around as he swung his human sized sword in both hands.  He swung the large sword with relative ease, having some of the slimy sweat of his flick off with each sharp movement.  He could test out his acrobatic maneuvers, but this building wasn't exactly built for him to dig in and bounce around; so regular sword-play is where his training will stay at while inside of the Infinity Hydra building.  He swung horizontally once and then laid the tip of his blade upon the ground and swung upwards with enough force to cause him to flip over.  Heavy breathing came from the frog as he stopped his training for the day.  If he wasn't out performing a job, he was inside training.  

After all, he took several years off to live the life of a frog once again, until the Infinity Hydra guild moved in and changed the forest he lived in from a quiet and isolated place to a bustling thoroughfare with people coming and going through the forest at their whim.  It was the incarnation of the Infinity Hydra and the constant noise that came from their guild hall that encouraged him to join the guild; that and the calling of adventure once again sparked his spirits.  Zork had been alive for quite some time now; longer than most humans have been alive thanks to the blade that he wields.  

A towel was used to wipe the sweat off of his brow as the smell of alcohol slowly crept from the tavern down into the training room.  Oh, did Zork love the taste of drink.  He grew rather fond of the Elysian Mead and Elysian Wine that was left here by a former member of the guild.  A gray alien of sorts.  Regardless, due to the vast amount of alcohol that was served in the guild, he dabbled in it.  The very smell wet his mouth!  However, his priorities needed to be clear.  The frog needed a shower.

Picking up his gear and sheathing his blade, Zork walked out of the Training Room and into the Tavern only to hear it burst into life with laughter and people drinking merrily.  Cheers could be heard in the distance as mugs of all types are clashed together, dripping whatever grog they are drinking on themselves or their table.  Bard songs are heard in the distance with one woman singing with the voice of a goddess:

Zork laughed as he waved at some of the guildmates that he hardly recognized.  Though, most of the people only hear a disembodied laugh, not taking the time to look down at the 2'5" tall frog-man.  A look of confusion crossed the face of some of the members of the guild, with some of them still never looking down to notice Zork's presence.  Zork was quite used to being ignored due to his stature.  Regardless, Zork went passed the confused guild mates towards his quarters, closing the doors and locking his door.  With a groan, Zork laid his stuff down and jumped into the shower.

Bad memories usually followed Zork into the shower; though the shower required the use of his tongue to turn the knobs due to being too short to reach up to the knobs.  "I really wish they'd fix my shower, Ribbit!" Zork stated to himself before he let the water hit him on the face.  He doesn't use soap as it dried up his skin.  His showers usually consisted of him just standing there and rubbing the stink off of himself.  While it got rid of the body odor, it doesn't get rid of the frog smell; though Zork would be in absolute denial that his smell is that of a frog's.  He does consider himself to be human in every regard.

While in the shower, a loud and long howl came from outside, causing Zork to lash his tongue outward and turn the shower off.  With a quick toweling off, the frog put his equipment back on and walked out of his quarters, locking it with his key.  He still doesn't quite trust the people in this guild yet so every precaution that can be taken will be taken.  Turning to walk towards the front door, he saw a fox woman go and greet a dog and a human.  

One thing that struck Zork as strange is; why is a dog hugging another dog?  Zork had nearly no concept of different species, thinking that Brandy and Zeus were of the same kin.  Strange, coming from a frog that thinks he's a human (that story can come later).  Gentle clicks could be heard as his boots touched the polished floor of the guild's tavern.  Tilting his head, the frog looked over at the group and croaked.  "So, new members to the guild?  Ribbit!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Leaf in the Wind BI2gBSG
    [Riley: The Soldier of Love] [Power of Love]
    Mathias Tremolo
    Mathias Tremolo

Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Archemage's Seal
    Experience : 50

Post by Mathias Tremolo 28th February 2016, 12:24 pm

"Zeus!" The voice rang musical and bright against the deep cries of the boxer.

A figure appeared behind the door and threw it open with one swift movement. Two vivid eyes fell into his, searching. Pouring. They shone the sweet, sticky brown of the decorative chocolates the shop down the road would display for passersby. Oh, how he scrounged for the jewels for those delicacies in those days. It all felt to trivial now, how he had set himself up on the street performing for what little change plunked into his jacket hood. And here were these chocolates again, melting and bubbling with such ferventness that it set his heart aloft. Mathias twitched, the pulse in his throat spiking, and sharply drew his hand away from the door.

"I...uhh..." His head pounded. His face grew heated and flushed. He became quite conscious of the warm, sticky beating below his jaws as he clawed for words from his chest. Wringing his fingers, he wobbled slightly. What do I say? I just... Mathias felt his larynx swelling, suffocating. He drew his left hand from the clenching maw of his right and placed it gently against his chin.

"I'm...Mathias..." he stammered, trailing off slightly as he noticed her gaze motion toward the dog and realized she hadn't addressed him. The finger retreated behind his ears as he tugged at his mane. Mathias' cheeks were embers; he felt himself crackle and burn from the inside, and his tongue grew limp. I'm such a dumbass. Zeus, the boxer huh?

Turning his face away, he caught a glimpse of the stranger's more, well, distinct features. Her hair flowed like the locks of a raven, cascading around her shoulders in a shimmering pool. What was more amusing was that two orange ears floofed from the ripples of her mane. In fact, her body was such color that she appeared alight with flame. The color of fresh frost on a snowy day ran from her smiling muzzle to her, well, lower extremities — not that he was looking at those! No! Definitely not! Mathias' bumbling eyes shuffled around for a new focal point; they decided on her feet—err, paws—clad in fine purple heels. Most amusing.

"You're a f--" he choked as his tongue warbled against the back roof of his mouth. He heaved. "A ffff--" A fox! A fox! Why can't I effing speak?! Mathias inhaled deeply and cleared his throat before stammering, "Y-you're, uhh, really pretty." Steam practically poured from his ears as he fumbled his hand over where the words spilled. Oops.

"I just mean you're...you're..." His hand trembled, and he felt the skin along his temple creep into an awkward clammy sensation. Gaze shifting again, he rested his eyes on her left hand, which brandished an insignia resembling spiraling snakes the same color as her shoes. "In a guild, right?" Mathias had no clue where this conversation was going; the only thing he knew was how terribly he wanted to flee. With his heart pulsing so quickly, he was certain the whole village could hear his stupidity by now.

"So, new members to the guild?  Ribbit!"
    His panic-induced fervor was interrupted by another voice from behind the screen, and a spike ran up his spine. Someone heard that. Fiore almighty. Someone heard that wreck. His left foot stumbled backward onto his right and he wobbled a little before falling on his arse to the ground. The clunking of boots resounded against the hall's surface.

Through his sprawled legs he noticed the figure emerge, standing at less than half the size of the vixen. Ribbit? Mathias rubbed the dust from his muddled face and squinted his focus to realign himself before making out the form of a fairly large frog fully cloaked in adventurer's garb. He appeared flashing in his bronze breastplate and jeans so impressively white that surely they were protected by a spell. He brandished a sword across his lower back, and his yellow orbs reflected bright against the outside world. What?! Mathias caught the faintest scent of amphibian wafting through his nostrils. Yep. That's a pretty dapper frog.

What menagerie had he managed to stumble upon with these fantastic-looking creatures? Surely he was dreaming. He would wake up at home beneath his tree and wishing he'd seen such amazing things. He'd be back where animals would speak with him in hisses and chirps — the same as always. Surely he could enjoy this while it lasted, though. Mathias shuffled one hand beneath him and found his muscles going limp. That was fine — no worries here.

He opened his mouth slightly, but his jaw simply hung there, unhinged and gawking at the duo before him.

The Leaf in the Wind 2g77a1uThe Leaf in the Wind Female_by_agent_pits-d8ebynkThe Leaf in the Wind Any_by_agent_pits-d88sq6zThe Leaf in the Wind 0LVcGsI

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 11:10 am