Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol]

Calico
    Calico

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Feeling Empty
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Bomber
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol] Empty Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol]

Post by Calico 8th November 2015, 11:00 am

Calico had received a job notice in the most unorthodox of ways. Its ambiguity would normally be enough for the mage to just skip over it in the Fairy Tail job board, but that's not where he found it. He had instead been hand-delivered an innocuous letter from a regular visitor at the Fairy Tail guild hall. This made the man suspicious as he guessed it to be a trap laid out by his recent enemies, among the most prominent being some knights from Pergrande and a dark wizard's guild from Oshibana. If so, Calico took it as a challenge and Fairy Law dictated that he could never turn down a challenge.

The sun was slowly dying out by the time Calico had made it to the ancient ruins hidden deep within a lonely forest. The mage-for-hire brought his calico cat along with him as usual. The quest ahead, whether a trap or not, would likely be dangerous for such a helpless cat but so had every job before. Bringing his furry friend had practically become a prerequisite to accepting a task.

"You excited, Caja?" The cat meowed in response as if it were conversing with its master and continued walking along a forest path just behind Calico. "I knew it, you little glutton for punishment!" he laughed. The forest path led the man and his cat to the northeastern section of the great ruins. The dirt road suddenly became a decayed cobblestone path surrounded by fallen stone slabs and broken pillars ravaged by time and covered with moss. It looked so surreal to Calico and made him wander who had built and lived there. When he looked passed his own awe, however, he noticed a small figure sitting on a stone slab in wait.

Calico waved over to the figure and shouted, "Hey, you! Are you Lexa?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol] Empty Re: Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol]

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 10th November 2015, 12:04 am

Act I: Genesis (Original job):
    ~~Niyol~~
    The spirits were alive in the midst of twilight. Echoes in the distance, caused by the smallest of animals; accompanied by the symphony of random screams, crickets chirping, and the ever silent sound of something caught in a spider's snare. Among the spirits of the forests surrounding the Ancient Ruins laid a single male resting in the trees, soon to be disturbed by the gently touch of magical radiation. "Not the strongest of souls... but a great deal of development is yet to come..." the shirtless man muttered to himself with eyes closed. 'I suppose you'll wait for it to die?' the unwelcome voice of Altsoba, the Demon of War rang through Niyol's head like a cathedral bell in a mine shaft, but it did present a valid point. "Never one night may I merely sleep." Niyol complained before slowly rolling over and allowing his bare feet to be caressed by the loving embrace of the cool, damp earth below. 'And who's fault is that, all mighty Guardian of Souls?' she commented in Niyol's head using a sarcastic tone. 'Who's the one who killed the last Guardian of Souls, and everyone else who was eligible for the position?' Niyol replied while walking through the dense brush, looking for a clearing in the canopy. 'Who's fault is it for you being too weak to stop it?' Altsoba replied. "Mine." Niyol said under his breath with a saddened voice as he'd found a clearing. A pair of pure black, feathered wings with a slightly crimson glow to them appeared on his back, and with a quick flap of them Niyol flew over the treetops. After several minutes, Niyol spotted the soul of a male mage, walking with a feline far down below. From the ground, Niyol would look like one of the land's over-sized birds as he flew above, keeping and eye out for danger.

HP: 300/300
    ƧƧ: 115/160

Effects:
    Unnatural Attraction: +5% ƧƧ Regen (Night Version)
    Soul Storage: Can store up to 50% additional ƧƧ
    Legendary(+)/Strong(+) Weapons: +10% Base ƧƧ

~~Lexa Grimoire~~
    Lexa was waiting on a small rock near the entrance to one of the many tunnels in the Ancient Ruins, wondering when her help would arrive. She felt a bit uncomfortable, as a member of Black Rose she was a mercenary; but now she was employing someone to help her, meaning that she was hiring a mercenary. The whole idea put her on edge a bit, and made her slightly depressed that she couldn't handle this alone. "Hey, you! Are you Lexa?" a voice called from afar, originating from someone off in the distance. Lexa erupted into a bolt of light and reformed directly infront the man with her arms wrapped around his waist, and her head resting against his stomach in a very warm hug. She gave a quick jump while spinning "Sure am!" she said with her standard high-pitched, childish voice. She grabbed the ends of her grey skirt and pulled the edges performing a curtsy. "Alexandria Lexicus Grimoire, Lexa for short!" she said with a bright smile on her face. "So I guess you're my helper, let's go!" she exclaimed and began walking into the ruins.
    Calico
    Calico

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol] Empty Re: Act I: Genesis [Private/Calico, Niyol]

Post by Calico 10th November 2015, 1:26 pm

Calico's eyes shrunk when they witnessed Lexa disappear in a literal flash of light. He actually felt her embracing hug before he spotted her blonde hair through his peripheral vision. The brief hug was a significant one because it made Calico feel something he had not experienced in a long time--fear. He could not keep up with her quick movement, if it was a movement at all. If it were just teleportation, it would still do little to ease Calico's nerves. If this had been a trap, I guess I'd be dead right about now. Calico forced a well-practiced smile and nodded his head as if to say hello. "Yeah, you can call me Calico and this-" the young girl was already heading through the ruins, forcing him to keep up. "...so enthusiastic."

"So what's keeping from you going into this tunnel alone? You mentioned something about 'enemies.'" Calico still doubted what he was getting himself into, especially with such odd circumstance.. He would have thought that someone capable of moving in the blink of any eye would have no trouble getting past a bunch of tunnel dwellers (or whatever lied in it). She might have been just a young teenage girl but Calico had come to find that a proficiency of magic overruled the fragility of young age. He was sure Heero Reyold stood as an example to that.

While the blond man went walking after her, Caja lagged behind as it stared into the air at what its little feline brain guessed to be a giant bird, probably a condor. It so desperately wanted to catch the bird, but when it saw it was falling behind, the cat ran forward and walked around Lexa's feet, rubbing its fur against her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 10th November 2015, 5:51 pm

~~Lexa Grimoire~~
    Feeling something fuzzy brushing against Lexa's black stocking, she immediately lit up in the realest way. A plethora of markings began glowing with a golden light all about her body, each individual piece made Lexa's body look like a fleshy mother board with the circuit board-like markings. The only parts of her being not covered in circuit markings was her neck, and head with the exception of her eyes which shimmered bright blue with the same circuit markings. "Is he yours!?" she exclaimed while picking up the cat and holding it against her chest, with the legs dangling from her arms. Unless the cat forced its way out, Lexa would continue carrying it into the caves, using the bright golden light emitted from her body in place of a torch. She slowed down a bit to allow Calico to catch up. "So Nii-san, I may have forgot to mention this in my letter; but I'm an assassin, or mercenary depending on how you look at it. Normally I could just slip past my enemies, but the place we're going to has so many enemies that I can't materialize in the room I need go to." she said, her voice still resembling that of a 10 year old girl. "So... your kitty here... what's his name?" she asked. If the cat was still in her arms, meaning it hadn't writhed itself free, Lexa would give it a gently scratch on the head with her middle and index fingers.

~~Niyol~~ 
    Seeing the two beings prepare to enter the tunnels, Niyol dived down into the canopy of the forests surrounding the Ancient Ruins, keeping a distance so as to not alert the group to his not-so-avian visage. Keeping his magical presence to a minimum by lowering his magical power as low as possible, so low that he'd be unable to use even the most basic of magic in fact, Niyol followed the two into the dark cavern. He didn't need a torch to keep his path lit as he was able to navigate by feeling the spirit energy radiating from the walls. Like this, he was able to avoid stepping on the insects, as they emitted a different type of spiritual radiation than the walls. In the far off distance, a golden light was seen; most likely the two humans and small animal that accompanied them. Niyol couldn't tell what the animal was because of its size, at best he guessed it was either a cat, or small dog. 'What do you suppose they're doing in here?' Altsoba, the Demon of War asked in Niyol's head. 'The larger being is following the smaller one, my guess is she's leading him, and he's her babysitter.' Niyol responded, not knowing that his guess was closer to the truth then he'd expect. 'Any idea where she's leading him?' The demon queen asked. 'None. But I suspect there may be a degree of danger if a body guard is required for this.' he replied, making sure to maintain his distance from the group. His distance would prevent him from being seen, even as a silhouette, but it allowed him to see the glow from the girl.

ƧƧ: 120/160

Effects:
    Calico
    Calico

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Calico 10th November 2015, 8:58 pm

Calico nearly stepped back when he saw the girl light up like something from Bosco. Was she even human? His eyes then gazed downward toward his cat and made him wander if the feline had stimulated this strange effect. "Yeah, he's mine but-" Calico stopped himself when she picked up his companion who seemed to be enjoying himself in a pseudo cat heaven of petting and holding. Way to sell out on me, Caja Before he realized it, they were entering into the tunnel, with Lexa acting as their human flashlight. As they passed through, Calico noticed the various weeds and vines growing through the cracks in the walls and floor.

"It's Caja. Don't spoil him though. It took months to lower his standards for happiness." Calico's monotone voice in that phrase might have made it hard to tell if he was joking or not. The sudden shift to monotone, however, was derived more from the question about his cat's name. Calico had never told anyone, but the cat's name was a very important one. It might have even been the most important name in the Fairy Tail mage's life...

"By the way, aren't you a little... you know... young to be an assassin?" Calico could not imagine taking someone's life for cash at just the age of what he suspected to be sixteen. He wouldn't have even known who to contact about that!

A sudden squeaking noise came from a part of the tunnel just out of reach from Lexa's light. The sudden noise made Calico stiffen up and stop in place. He went through the usual works that his years of experience had taught: stand still, get in a defensive position, analyses the foe, and pick the right tool to deal with the situation. In a mere several seconds, however, the source of the squeaking noise came into the light--it was just a rat. And it was covered in blood..."Creepy."

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 11th November 2015, 4:53 am

~~Lexa Grimoire~~
    Lexa continued merrily down the way until she came across a large hole in the ground. She placed a hand on Calico and the two of them erupted into shadows, reappearing on the other side. Lexa took a quick look at him, and smiled "Yup, all limbs are still attached, nothing imbeded in the walls!" she said nonchalantly. "I'm young, but I don't have much else." she said with joy in her voice, as if the life of constant killing was normal. "I don't actually remember my childhood much, and I don't have a real family; so what I do now helps keep me busy. That and I get to learn a buncha stuff!" she said with a smile on her face as she moved through the dark cavern. "So, strange person hiding in the shadows. What's your name?" she said like a child who'd just met a new friend at the playground.

Cooldowns:
    Shadow Burst: 4 Posts

~~Niyol~~
    Niyol was a bit surprised that he was found out 'How long did she know?' he thought to himself as he approached, entering the light. "I suppose I can stop hiding my presence now that I've been caught..." he said through the darkness. A slight gust of wind kicked up as Niyols power level rapidly shot up from that of the weakest, least magical of beings to his official status of a B-Rank mage. At least, official according to the power ranking scales, but unofficial by means of the actual guild system. Niyol had donned a pair of black, feathered wings with a slightly crimson aura and flew across the hole in the floor, fully entering the light to reveal his true image. The six foot tall, tanned mage wore no shirt, and had a chest riddled with scars. However, the scars on his chest were the least noteworthy when one looked at the demonic scar on his cheek that extended down the back of his jaw, to a much larger demon face-like scar on his back that also continued to the arm opposite the scar on his cheek, and ended on a demon face-like scar on his hand. His torso was covered by bandages that seemed to require changing, although he had no blood seeping through them. Stepping further into the light, he stopped a few feet in front the small girl, and the taller male and gave a polite, oriental bow. "I am Niyol, the Guardian of Souls." he said calmly, turning his attention to the small cat in the girls arms. He walked closer and gave it a rub on the head, normally animals were alright with Niyol as he was part of the natural order, but ever so often one would have an issue with him; he was hoping such would not be the case. "I sensed you all earlier and wished to inquire as to your purpose in the area. It is not the norm for two mortals to traverse ancient ruins at dusk." he said, looking at Calico, who's name he didn't know, with dull purple eyes that looked more befitting of a corpse than a mortal being.

ƧƧ: 125/160

Effects:

((OOC: If you're not alright with me just up and teleporting you like that, send me a pm and I'll change my post.))

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 1:41 pm