Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Missions

Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 37.5

Missions Empty Missions

Post by Kusanagi 5th August 2015, 1:33 pm

This is simply a point of cultural laziness on the site that doesn't apply to everyone but to many. Why are there about 500 missions for me to choose from when I should be perfectly competent in making my own? Why are many of these missions repeatable when they involve killing something? Why is everyone doing the same missions over and over again (look at the hunter missions and make a list of every member whose done it, Imma guess about 80% of everyone who could do it has done it). There's no effort in making the missions and many people can be lazy in doing the missions.

I'm gonna use the imp mission as an example. Nobody likes the imp mission because its easy. I made the imp mission. I did not make it for you. It was made for my old character Hiro and a few other characters to do together.

Basically why isn't everyone making their own. I understand having a few D and C rank missions around to help new members get accustomed to things but by the time their doing missions like the hunter they should be making their own. Why aren't they? Because I can get just as much experience and jewels doing another mission somebody else already made.

Don't even get me started on how this promotes powerplaying, which is to get as much as possible typically with as little effort as possible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Missions Empty Re: Missions

Post by Eris 5th August 2015, 1:38 pm

It's not particularly clear to everyone that people can make their own jobs.

I'm pretty fine with it though myself, makes the ones that do get made feel a little more special.

Missions XQehLKn

More seriously I feel like powerplaying would only be worse if just about everyone and their mother were making their own jobs which is why I'm more fine with job creation being fairly under the radar.

Specific Job Mods would be interesting, who are supposed to crank out a new job every week or two while archiving one or two old jobs per month, keeping the job cycle fresh.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions NvVyM98

Missions CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 5th August 2015, 1:57 pm

can we finally get rid of the hunter mission? Don't know why I have a personal vendetta against it but I do.

Just an addition to the powerplaying issue, always thought that after A-rank you should, in addition to the experience points, have your entire story looked at to see if you did anything other then spam missions out the butt. Setting a limit to how far powerplaying can get you ends a lot of powerplaying.

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 5th August 2015, 2:23 pm

I don't mean to interject, but I don't see where the power playing issue arises, perhaps it's because I avoid skype conversations and the chatbox, but I always just viewed the jobs/missions/whatever you want to call them as a way to improve your own story through them, at least that's what me and my friends are doing.

Some of the one time only ones thought, like the hunter job are cool for getting people together to do them, and to meet new people through it, at least that's what I am trying to do with it, and you can always just change the name of the badguy in your job and have him just have the same stats.

I don't know, maybe I don't get enough exposure, or only really care about advancing my own, and my friends stories through the jobs, (which will include custom ones later on I'm sure of it) and getting XP at the same time, effectively making it a win/win.

Again I'm sure that I'm out of the loop on these issues to an extent, so that's why I am just using my own plans and experiences, and I apologize if they aren't that helpful.

I also don't understand how using another mission made by mods or someone else for your own plot is a bad thing, if it fits perfectly with what you want to happen to your character, and what you feel like writing for? Again, just my experience is all but I tend to try and use everything to develop story no matter how small.

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 11:34 pm