Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Life Of Regret

Gunner Von Grave
    Gunner Von Grave

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Arm Of Destiny
    Position : None
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Life Of Regret Empty A Life Of Regret

Post by Gunner Von Grave 23rd October 2012, 3:04 am

History/Story
    History:
    Gunner was born into a middle class family of gun mage, unnoticed and inconspicuous. Gun magic was a tradition upheld by his ancestors and they all held pride in it… however it was for all the wrong reasons. They weren’t just any family of gun mage; they were assassins unknown to anyone, but their deeds are known throughout Fiore. Specializing in long-range kills, no one in the family was ever caught.
    Gunner grew up being trained to shoot ever since he was 5 years old. Amongst all children of his age in the family, he was the most promising having the greatest accuracy and coordination. At the time it was all fun and games to the young boy; just playing around with a few odd toys. Enjoying each training session and each demonstration; smiling as though it was normal (which it was in his family).
    Soon, however, his time came… his time to kill for the first time. He was 15 years old and had not known of the “family business” all his life. It was a cold winter day when his father called him:
    “Son, you have excelled in all aspects of your training. You have impressed the family elders and now it is time for you; time to be a part of our operations…”
    “Uh… thanks dad. I… I don’t know what to say. You’ve never complemented me like that before.”
    “It was all for your own good. Now come, my son, I need you to witness what will be your duties from now on.”
    Gunner’s father stood up and walked over to a bookcase in the room. He pulled out a several books at certain lengths and with a loud rumble the book case moved. Stunned at the sight of the hidden chamber, Gunner remained speechless. About to form a question, his father motioned him to stay silent and follow him. As the two walked down a dark corridor of stone, faint noises could be heard. In the beginning it was a moaning noise, then grunting and then as they got even closer the groan turned into pain filled screams. The father opened a door leading to a room decorated with torture equipment; a man was tied to a chair, unconscious, and another man stood in front of a table doing something. “Dad? What’s going on?” asked Gunner looking at the man tied up and feeling a certain fear welling up inside him. “This will be your future son. This will be what you must do.” His father answered as he pointed a gun at the man’s face. That very moment, the tied up man looked up and as he saw the barrel of the gun, he struggled in panic… however in vain. As fear manifested itself within the man’s eyes Gunner’s father pulled the trigger… as the body went limp, his face stayed emotionless and cold. “This is how you must act from now on.”

Another three years have passed. Ever since that fateful day, Gunner’s life was never the same. For 5 months he was trained to become a killer. Though he was reluctant at first and fought against it with all he had… the pain that was inflicted upon him became unbearable, forcing his hand. Ever since then, he has been on a killing streak… man after man fell at the sight of his gun. Back then and even now he had found killing immoral and wrong, but he has shed so much blood that killing became second nature; Gunner was, contrary to the way it seemed, dead inside. Silence had become his virtue since he started doing what he did; taking orders without a word and executing them to the letter… maybe this was what salvaged his soul. Because he executed each order to the letter, he could avoid unnecessary deaths.

It was on a cold September night, that he tried to sever ties with his family. Gunner had found many people who thought like him, wanting to bring down the family and end the bloody tradition. The group of rebels decided that they would hold their ground and kill all that oppose them… it was against what they believed in, but was a sin necessary to end it all. Memories of the battle still linger in Gunner’s mind. The horrid scenes of malice; the scenes of bodies being shredded by bullets and erupting from explosions; scenes that carried on for 3 days and 2 nights. By the end only Gunner was left standing, everyone else was dead… his parents, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends… all dead. Alone on the sea of dead bodies, he fell to his knees and wept; not out of joy of victory, but out of the sorrow he felt. After this he disappeared for one long year…
    Gunner had spent the year under ground, tying to forget the events of the September month. Over the many seemingly long months he tried to find ways to repent for all he had done… but he could not. So he decided to take his life, to pay for the lives he had taken. In the last possible moment memories of his past flashed before his eyes; memories of happiness and joy… and the memory of his closest friend who was now dead: “You know… I never wanted to do any of this. But still I feel guilty… So I have decided that if the family falls, I will pay for my wrong doings not by death, but by living a sorrowful life.” These words echoed in Gunner’s mind and brought great sadness to him. He now realized how to repent: not by dying, but by living down his past and deeds.

More months passed as he looked for a magic that suited him. He wished to lead a life, different from what he had known. However he did not wish to join any guild, not wanting to make friends ad loose them again… the pain was too unbearable. Not too soon he created a magic of his own: Armory Magic. Forged from the weapons and mementos of his fallen comrades, he created his equipment: the Dual Cerberus, as reminder that a companion can be useful and the Helios Case, as a reminder of the strength he had to have for his new life.

Face Claim: Beyond The Grave, Gungrave

_____________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to survive, stay away from danger...and so...you should stay away from me.

A Life Of Regret Gungra13
    Missions: D - 4. C - 0. B - 0. A - 0. S - 0. H - 0.

Current date/time is 10th May 2024, 3:01 am