Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Tartarus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal Empty Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal

Post by Tuna 30th November 2017, 1:55 pm

Magic
    Primary Magic: Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal
    Secondary Magic: /
    Caster or Holder: Caster
    Description:

A utilitarian type of magic that originates on the remote island nation Ca-elum. A smithing, or forging type of magic that combines the usage of heat and ferrokinesis to improve the craft of smithery. Whilst Ca-elum has no wizard population to speak of, the craft of smithery is so advanced and widespread in the country, that some several hundreds of years ago diplomats from Midi studied, recorded and brought the expertise of Ca-elum's craft back to Midi, where it was combined with magical prowess and perfected into the art of Hihiirogane.

Hihiirogane employs the creation and manipulation of a man-made type of liquid metallic alloy the swordsmiths of Midi created specifically for this magic. This metal is incredibly receptive to ethernano and hardens when coming into contact with heat, allowing the metal to be superheated by its user which turns it harder than diamond. It is said that Hihiirogane never rusts, decays or becomes brittle and can eternally change its shape. Even in its liquid, malleable state it is stronger than steel. It can therefore only be manipulated and brought into shape by someone ferrokinetically controlling it and then infusing it with heat.

Whilst this magic was originally solely used to craft the finest and strongest of weapons for the people of Midi, there are some individuals who have turned it into a lethal combat-ready magic. It is said that the true potential of Hihiirogane is only activated when used in battle by a true mage. Because of the alloys innate stored energy and unique malleable nature it is both highly destructive and incredibly versatile when used correctly. And due to the relative youth of this type of magic, its limits are yet to be tested. Something that Zoa has decided to do by himself after experiencing the strength of this magic first-hand.

Strengths:

• Earth-Based Magic: Due to the innate quality of the metal, this magic is strong against other mineral-based magics, whilst the heat aspect is strong against plant-based magics.
    • Ice-Based Magic: Due to the heat the metal can generate, this magic is innately strong against ice-based magics and cancels out the effects ice-based magics have against the metal.
    • Fire-Based Magic: Due to the innate property of the metal, fire- and other heat-based magics fair relatively poorly against this magic.
    • Permanent Constructs: The constructs and creations this magic creates are permanent and don't dissolve, dissappear or become weaker, even if their creator falls unconscious or dies.
    • Barrier-Breaking: The sheer force that this magic can produce can be enough to break down most equally ranked defenses.

Weaknesses:

• Slayer Banquet: Even though Hihiirogane is a very unique and peculiar type of metal, it is still metal and can therefore be eaten by any metal-type slayer.
    • Thunderdome: Hihiirogane, alongside all of its unique properties and qualities is still a metal and therefore conductive. This can make it unintentionally simple for lightning-based magics to reach the user.
    • Waterworks: Forging things underwater is nearly impossible as generating enough heat in the user's surroundings is nearly impossible. The same counts for getting encased in ice.
    • Arts & Crafts: Being a mage is hard. Being an artist is also difficult. Being both simultaneously requires mental fortidude. To create and shape the metal, the user requires mental composure and a vision of what he wishes to create. Anything that impedes on the users conscious can reduce the effectiveness of the magic.
    • Aiding The Enemy: Any construct this magic creates can be used not only by the mage that created it, but by basically anyone with enough brains to do so. While they would be unable to activate the heat stored within the constructs, any swords can be picked up by anyone, and any walls can be hidden behind by anyone.
    • Ethereal Realm: This magic is primarily physical and deals its damage through physical means, and therefore has a tougher time against any opponents ethereal or otherwise incorporeal

Lineage: Armoured Beast
    Description: A humanoid monster was said to live in a small village in Fiore. The monster was said to be intelligent, yet strong. However, despite holding the intelligence of a human, it was shunned for it's hideous figure, which lead to it crafting it's own armor to hide it. Eventually the armoured beast rescued a princess in distress and they fell in love, eventually settling down and making a family. Their children, however, didn't have a hideous appearance of their father but they were prodigy at war and wore armour fit for conquerors.
    Ability: A passive defensive ability that allows the user to have a higher endurance (50% more HP), tolerance (Poisons and disease/curse effects last half as long) and a keener intellect than most others.
    Usage: Passive.

Plot Devices: (these are abilities that have no direct necessity or impact in regulatory issues. They are merely IC and will never bare significance for OOC matters that could disrupt the balance of the ranking system)

• Weapons Master: As someone who constantly creates weapons and equipment, the user is able to handle any type or shape of weapon with ease. Users of this magic develop a talent for wielding any type of weaponry they can get their hands on, or create themselves.
    • Artist: Users of this magic are notably artistic. They are naturally inclined towards arts & crafts and have a talent for any type of art involving shaping and forming. When witnessing this magic in action, most people comment that the handling of Hihiirogane appears much like a dance to onlookers. There is undeniable beauty about this magic.

Abilities/Powers:

• Living Forge: Lying at the core of this magic is the most notable ability that users of this magic share. The ability to regulate body temperature and generate heat from inside of their own body, essentially turning them into something of a "living forge", their touch being hot enough to control Hihiirogane efficiently without using spells. This is a toggled state in which the user will constantly emit steam from their body heat alone and scorch the ground they walk on. The user will also deal user-ranked burning damage upon physical contact. They also possess 10/15/20/25/30 % resistance to both fire- and ice-based magics at D/C/B/A/S Ranks.  
    • Superhuman Metabolism: Through the consistent stress the use of Living Forge puts on the users body, the user experiences superhuman condition through the enhanced metabolism they possess due to constantly having to endure superhuman body temperatures. The user possesses 15% more endurance and hp than someone at their rank and can resist the pain of damage of their own rank with relative ease. When using Living Forge they experience an additional 10/15/20/25/30% boost at D/C/B/A/S Rank to all physical strength and speed.
    • Sun-Colored Metal: The user can continously produce Hihiirogane on a whim and craft ability-less, user-ranked constructs that possess HP according to Requip guidelines. This practice requires concentration and only one Item, Weapon, Armor or construct of up to the user's size can be created and used per post.

D Rank Spells:

Last edited by Tuna on 23rd December 2017, 5:21 am; edited 15 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 
    Dungeon Tokens : 6

Character Sheet
    First Skill: αєgιѕ - тнє мιи∂
    Second Skill: муѕтι¢ - тнє вσ∂у
    Third Skill: ραиα¢єα - тнє ѕσυℓ

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal Empty Re: Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal

Post by Lilium 30th November 2017, 7:55 pm

Good day Tuna! My name is Hikari and I'll be the mod grading your magic today! My comments will be made in this color and without further ado, let's get started.

Spoiler:

Once the following edits are made, please bump the thread so I can review for grading again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal QOmg1XE

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal Empty Re: Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal

Post by Tuna 30th November 2017, 8:29 pm

Bump.
    Distortion Trigger is now now a single target spell so I upped the range according to the rank/range chart.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 1st December 2017, 2:47 pm

Spoiler:

My apologies about the edit I requested to be changed, I noticed it the first time but I forgot to mention it. Once again, bump when you are ready for grading.

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 7th December 2017, 5:35 pm

BUMP

Tried something entirely new.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 9th December 2017, 5:16 pm

Spoiler:

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 15th December 2017, 10:48 am

Bump!

Just for clarification for the speed on the first spell. They fly in a line, so technically it's no different than a beam or singular projectile spell.

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 22nd December 2017, 11:07 am

Bump again!

PS: Depending on if this is the last post, do you mind cleaning up the application and moving all of the discussion posts to the archives so the approval post is the only reply?

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 22nd December 2017, 6:39 pm

Spoiler:

Please bump this thread once the following changes have been made.

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 23rd December 2017, 5:23 am

The whole point of this magic is that it's superheated metal and swords and the like. So why wouldn't it deal two types of damage?

I mean, I split the first spell's damage down the middle so now it deals just as much damage as a regular D Rank spell. But for the rest I'm getting confused. Like, spells deal physical and burning damage, that's the entire point of this magic. If you cut with a very hot sword that's what it'll do.

Also, stamina is just a synonym for endurance, changed the wording on that though.

Edit: I checked the rules, it doesn't say that spells can't deal two types of damage anywhere.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 25th December 2017, 6:12 pm

I understand that this deals burning and physical damage. But that doesn't exist on this site. We solely have damage. How the damage is dealt is subjective as it changes per magic. Simply, put one value and say it deals this amount of damage through burning and physical damage. Adding additional numbers isn't really needed so it adds a level of uncertainty for those who might be reading the spell.

This is more for clarity's sake. Please bump this thread when the appropriate changes have been made.

Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 25th December 2017, 9:25 pm

I can see your point now, but splitting the damage actually matters because of resistances.

If someone has 50% resistance to fire based magic, then the only part of the damage that would get reduced would be the fire- or burn-damage. Or if they were resistant towards physical damage the fire damage would still deal full damage. I guess I could generalize it as resistances against certain elements are only half as effective? But then I couldn't have spells where the damage isn't split exactly even.

All in all, I get your point, but don't you see my point? Like, resistances and defenses are are pretty big deal, and creating offensive magic around it is kind of important.

It's LESS uncertain like this if anything, because nobody will know exactly how resistances will interact with the damage my spells deal.

If you still want me to change it after this, I guess I can, but if anything I'm pretty sure it will only add more uncertainty as I won't have a clear number of how the damage is stacked against opponents, especially npc enemies during missions and whatnot.

So yeah, I think I made made a pretty clear argument, if that's still not accepted, I guess I'll edit.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 25th December 2017, 10:02 pm

Spoiler:

Hihiirogane (日色金) | Sun-Colored Metal 3gvMyfo

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 10:06 pm