Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tea Time with Granny!

Skye Earthe
    Skye Earthe

Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Honor
    Position : None
    Guild : Eclipse Soul.
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 406.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Spirit Magic.
    Second Magic: N/A.
    Third Magic:

Tea Time with Granny! Empty Tea Time with Granny!

Post by Skye Earthe 27th July 2014, 4:48 pm

Job::

Skye felt as though he practically lived in Magnolia, he had taken so many jobs here which could only leave him to wonder where the Fairy Tail wizards were. Wasn't this their town? Why was a member of Sabertooth running around doing silly errands in their town? It didn't bother Skye that much, honestly. Magnolia was an interesting enough city that he didn't need an excuse to be there, simply sightseeing could do. But this time he had a simple job, one that nobody would really expect to be found on a guild's request board. It was to care for the guild master's grandmother, babysit her basically. He wasn't afraid or scared this time, though. He had death with the demon baby already, but he swore that stench he smelt that day still lingered within him, haunting him as constantly tries to forget the smell. After taking his time to become mentally prepared for another babysitting job, Skye finally began making his way towards the Grandma's house. If anything, Skye was a tad bit excited. He was told she would have amazing stories to tell him, which he loved more than anything. Maybe he could slip in his own story, give her one to tell others in the future.

As he arrived at the door of his client, he knocked lightly, only enough to be heard but not disturb. Slowly, the door cracked open as a small, sweet looking old lady greeted Skye, cracking the door open just slightly more, welcoming Skye in. "Thank you so much for coming. I never have anybody to talk to, these days. It feels so nice being able to answer a door for someone, It really does. Thank you." The old lady's gratitude made Skye's heart warm up, knowing he wouldn't regret coming here for this job. "I'm a mage from Sabertooth, I came here because I love hearing and telling stories, and I heard you're amazing at telling them," He said, taking a breath before continuing. "I'd love to be able to tell you one of my own, so you can pass it on, if that would be okay with you?" The old ladies face brightened up, "Why of course! My name is Beth, and you? And why don't you start with your story first, hun." Nodding his head to her suggestion eagerly, he quickly retorted an introduction. "My name is Skye Earthe, it's been a pleasure meeting you so far, ma'am. Anyway, my story is true and has to do with my mother and a spirit that we both hold dear to us, a celestial spirit." The mentioning of "true" and "celestial spirit" seemed to catch her attention. "I have never seen a celestial spirit, only heard stories of mages with them. Are you a Celestial Spirit mage then?" She questioned, Skye responded with a "M-hm!"

"Alright then, here I go! This story revolves around my celestial spirit Columba, constellation of the Dove. We know doves to be obedient, humble and docile creatures, and she falls nothing short of this. My mother was a celestial spirit mage herself, and had Columba as one of her closest spirits while I was being raised. Often I would find my own tears stopped by the gentle rocking of the angelic spirit, and asking endless amounts of questions about celestial spirits themselves. They were summons, yes, but they seemed like so much more. Each and every spirit has their own personality, their own life and their own story. It all stopped one day, though. My mom had fallen terminally ill, and we all knew she was going to die. I didn't know exactly what to think at the time, living without my mother seemed like an absurd, impossible thing to do, and what would happen to her spirits was only in the back of my mind. I would have given anything to save her life, she really deserved to live it as long as age would have allowed her. But late one night, I had woken up to see if my mother was alright in her bed when I heard her talking, not to my father though. These were the exact words. "Columba, I'm retiring all of my keys soon, you know this, correct? I'm telling Skye to find his own keys and his own adventures but I need you to do my a favour, a final contract. No matter what, I want you to find your way to Skye. You are apart of our family, protect and tend to it with your life, do you understand? As soon as I go, lead him to you. You'll be the memory of what our family used to be and his friend, it's important that you do this." I was totally intrigued, my ear was practically glued to the door. "Understood. I promise not to let anything happen to Skye. He is family, after all." I started tearing up at the time, my mother was talking about death already, she had accepted it. I guess that was a good thing, but I still hadn't. She shouldn't have gone so early. As soon as my mother passed away, all her keys retired and contracts broken, my mind could only remember that one night I heard my mother and Columba made a final contract, but hadn't the slightest idea as to where I would find her key. It was simple though. I went out to the magic store in my town, and alas, I opened a small wooden box and there lay 2 silver keys, one to Scutum the Shield, another spirit and the next, Columba. I practically ran out of the store crying of out joy, I felt like I regained part of my mother. But yea. I'm not really sure what this story was meant to do, but it was nice telling someone it, so thank you."

The old lady simply sat there, sipping on her tea. "That was quite the story, I won't forget it." Skye clenched the cup of tea with both hands, letting the steam and sweet aroma float through his nose and past his face, not ever taking an actual sip. It was as though he were stuck in a deep train of thought, either trying to remember something to forget something, both equally as hard as the other. "I really wish she was still around. She could have taught me so much." He softly murmured, the old lady kindly smiled, trying to lift the mood a little. "She raised such a compassionate, caring young man, but more importantly you need to realise she left a part of her responsible in your hands. This Columba, dovey spirit is not just your equal, or your friend. She's more than that, she's your family. You may not have your mother anymore, but you do have somebody who cares just as much for your safety and well being, know that."

Skye took a moment to let the words sink in. He knew she was part of his family but he had never considered the promise she had made to his mother. She vowed a eternal contract to protect her family, as a silvery key and a member of the family. There was no turning back after the contract was made, that was just how celestial spirits worked. Placing the warm cup of honey tea on the table, Skye unhooked the key from his belt, setting Columba before himself and the old lady. "This is her key, it's one of my favourite." The head of the key were two angelic wings, the tips turning into ribbons that spiralled around the keys shaft, ending at the cross-tip of the key. "I know it's only a silver key, but I value it more than any of the gold keys, feel like I have a personal responsibility to look after it. "You both hold responsibilities for one another, hun. It's a beautiful thing to hold between you two, an unbreakable bond of trust and faith. That's besides the point now! Let me tell you one of my tales, that's what you came here for, right?!" With a smile of his own to match the old lady's, Skye nodded joyfully, intent on hearing out her tale as well as she did his.

For hours, Skye listened to stories about her adventures out and about in the world, only inspiring him further to pursue his own ambitions. She spoke of wonderful guildmates, friends as close as himself and Columba that she went exploring with in the most vast of lands, which got Skye thinking. He had been in Sabertooth only a little while, but still lacked many friends. He would have to try his hardest to become stronger for them, to find people who would find him worth it, since to him everyone already was. It was from this moment on, from words this old lady spoke of from her past, that Skye decided he would become the best self that he could, for the sake of not only himself, but for all.

1510/1000 words

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 2:56 am