Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben]

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 
    Lineage : Progeny of Nyx
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Zenma the Wind Sage
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Divine Wind Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben] Empty Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben]

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 12:50 pm

One train ride to Crocus later and the Lamia Scale wind magic user found herself seated in a cafe called the Alley Cat, sipping cautiously at the scalding chocolate-caramel drink she'd ordered upon arrival. The tip of a pen tap tap tapped against a small sketchbook she carried with her for use during her downtime, a bit of nervous excitement pent up behind the pen's movements. Akihime was more unconsciously doodling then actually creating anything with the intention of showing anyone or it being actually worthy of presentation - just a way to pass the time, really.

A bruise on her elbow twinged nastily after she accidentally set her elbow on the cafe table, intending to lean over and reach for a napkin from the dispenser. Ow. A little bit of a souvenir from the first job she'd ever been on since joining Lamia Scale - the ink from the guildmark stamp had barely dried when she'd scurried over to the notice board and snatched up her first job. Who knew retrieving kittens could be such a hassle? Nothing like crawling under someone's porch to retrieve two frightened kittens to really get one's wizarding career going.

Funny enough, even if the job itself had been something of a hassle, she had heard a rumor from one of the townsfolk about another wind user in the area. After a bit of inquiry, Akihime had made contact with this mysterious other wind user - though they'd never met in person, Hime had come to think of this person in a positive light.

After a brief correspondence, Akihime had arranged for them both to meet in Fiore's capital of Crocus, with instructions to a cafe she had frequented before officially joining a guild.

She had arrived 10 minutes ago, but didn't mind waiting. Sabertooth wasn't exactly close, after all.
    iannabben
    iannabben

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon Blood
    Guild : Saber tooth

Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben] Empty Re: Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben]

Post by iannabben 27th January 2014, 1:05 pm

Ian sat on the train looking outside at the sun that was high up in the sky, he was going to crocus after a funny thing had happened. He had gotten in contact with someone from lamia scale. He knew the person would be nice. In his own guild the only nice people were the guildmaster or wanted to irritate you. He sighed he knew it had been a good move to join this guild but the guild was slowly becoming empty. All the people were dripping away. If this would continue only him and the guildmaster would be left and if that happened the guild probably had to close down, He hoped it would not come to this but it was not unthinkable. He wondered if that wizard would have the same magic as him. Wind magic came in many forms so it could be possible that she had diffrent magic.

He could feel the train slowly come to a halt as it meant that they had reached the place where he needed to be. This got his heart racing. He had not met so many people before so he was wondering who it would be as he stepped out and walked over the train station to the town square. There were all kinds of cute shops and people talking, playing around and doing their usual bussines. It wasn't really that diffrent from the town sabertooth was located in. The message had told him he had to look for the alley cat, he asked a few people and eventually he found it as he entered and a small bell rang. He looked up and saw a girl with a notebook writing or drawing in it. He could not say for sure as he was in a too far distance to be able to see what she was doing but in the message she described herself and it matched everything so he sat down next to her, not saying anything yet afraid of being rude,

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions:
    D: 2
    C: 0

Exp Earned: 50
    Exp needed to become C= 100
    Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben] Empty Re: Cafe Alley Cat [Conversational/iannabben]

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 1:25 pm

Akihime gave a small start when she finally noticed she wasn't alone, bright blue eyes swiveling up from the sketchbook to settle on the face of the boy sitting next to her, recognizing him as the description of Ian Nabben. Bright blonde hair, bright blue eyes, check!

"You're Ian, right? I'm Akihime, it's a pleasure to meet a fellow wind user!" From what she had learned of him, Ian was in Sabertooth, and Hime was far too new within her own guild to know if any rivalries existed between their chosen guilds, but she liked to think there wouldn't be. He certainly seemed very nice, and had been kind enough to response to her letters pestering him about his magic and the possibility of meeting her.

It was always so fascinating to find someone else with the same magic as you - there was plenty to talk about, and Akihime had to deliberately take a hearty gulp of her coffee drink to keep herself from talking him into the floor.
    "Would you like to order anything? They have a lot of nice flavors here, it'll be my treat." Before I start talking too much. She would've paid for his train ticket as well if she had the jewel, but Akihime was far too new to the job-taking game to possibly have accumulated enough funds in so short a time. She was currently still looking for an apartment, and was camped out in a section of the guildhall until further notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

EXP: 112.5
    EXP For C-Rank: 150
    iannabben
    iannabben

Player 

Post by iannabben 27th January 2014, 1:43 pm

Ian looked up when he heard her talk. ''Yep that is me'' He said showing her a very friendly smile. He hoped she would see this as a sign that he was nice, she looked allright not like a lot of the girls at sabertooth who were cruel or acted cool not caring about anything in the whole wide world. She looked actually kind of nice and he was sure they would have lots to talk about. He seemed her age maybe a few years older then him, but it was a compliment that he had thought that about her even though she would not know it. ''Yeah indeed, however there are many variations of wind magic so I wonder which one you have'' He said giving her a warm smile looking at her. He then heard that she said she would pay for what he would order ''Oh no you shouldn't I have enough Jewels of my own don't you worry I will pay for my own '' He said with a smile as he put his hand up gracefully and a waiter came asking what he wanted. ''Can I have some hot chocolat please'' He said as the waited nodded and left. ''So discribe your magic'' Ian said very interested in what she had to hear this was seeable by the expression that was on his face

Missions:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 2:32 pm

"Okay," she responded with a small grin, "But I'm paying next time."

He wanted her to describe her magic, huh? Well, he was definitely asking for it. When she got on a roll, it was a little hard for others to get in edgewise. "I have Divine Wind magic, which is kind of an offshoot of regular wind magic. More support-based, I guess you could say." With a name like that, she usually got some pretty wide-eyed expressions from those she actually told them the name of it, but it wasn't quite as big a deal as the name led others to believe. At least not yet, anyway. She was still a novice to her own magic, and that would only change when more effort was made to improve. To gain mastery over her element and the sword Zenma had entrusted to her, Air Cutter.

I've got a long way to go.

"I can use my wind magic to heal very small cuts and scrapes and bruises, but I mostly use it because it boosts my strength in hand-to-hand combat."
    She wasn't much of a long-range fighter, and her aim was...worthy of laughter, but when it came to fighting, Akihime considered herself a prominent martial artist. Zenma hadn't allowed her to rely exclusively on her magic to win a fight, her mentor had been very big on versatility and on making her a 'jack of all trades'.

"What about yours?" she asked, purposefully trying to be considerate and not chatter the entire time about herself. She was interested in hearing what he had to say, after all.

iannabben
    iannabben

Player 

Post by iannabben 27th January 2014, 2:51 pm

Ian stared a bit sad when he heard what kind of magic she had. Of course he had to have the weakest version of wind magic again, some had slayer magic now divine, he knew about storm and he had to have the weakest of them all. 'Wind' He cursed himself in his mind while thinking about it, and what she explained. So she was more of a reinforcing type he was more of close and far combat. However his magic would not even be as strong as hers not by a bit. ''Nah you don't need to don't worry'' he said with a smile on his face when he heard she said she would pay the next time. He then heard that she asked what magic he had and his eyes dropped sad. He had to say now that he had the weakest magic. ''I have a weaker kind of wind, one of the weakest actually. I just have wind magic, it allowes me to you know fly and use my spells for combat for short distance and far of, but more the far one so you know nothing special'' He also said this said. He then got his hot chocolat as he gave the man a tip and just sipped a bit sad of his hot chocolat. His huge lack of self confidence was really no help.

Missions:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 9:14 pm

Akihime almost winced. Did that come off as bragging? Her fears were confirmed when Ian looked completely put out despite having wind magic, and she was quick to rebuke him for his views. "There's no such thing as weak wind magic," Akihime smiled. "Cheer up, Ian. For the record, I have the worst aim in probably the whole of Lamia Scale - no, the whole of Fiore! It's why I can't do long range attacks. Just hand to hand combat, and sometimes, on a bad day, I can even miss those."

He shouldn't be feeling down about wind magic, it was one of the four elements - something that had a part to play in some of the most phenomenal weather related events known to man/wizardkind. Tornadoes. Hurricanes. Windstorms. It was such a powerful element, it took special people to be able to manipulate and control it like they did.

"You can fly with it? I'm so jealous. I mean, I can probably fly with mine but..." She took a hasty sip of her drink, which had cooled down considerably. "I'm not too pleased about heights." Akihime was admittedly kind of chicken about that sort of stuff. Heights, spiders, thunderstorms -- all of her least favorite things. And yet I've got the ability to fly.
    She could've laughed at herself then, for just how silly that was.

iannabben
    iannabben

Player 

Post by iannabben 28th January 2014, 7:53 am

Ian smiled when he heard her say that there was no such thing as weak wind magic. He heard her say that he had to cheer up. He looked up when he heard that, he had not expected her to say something like that. He was used to be laughed at by the members of his guild cause he was not so strong yet as the rest of them. This had given him a huge break of his self confidence. Due to this he was not able to accept any compliments from anyone else. He heard her say that she probably had the worst aim in whole of lamia scale, no all of fiore. ''Nah I am sure you are fine'' Ian said with a warm smile as he took another sip of his hot chocolat. The hot chocolat wasn't that bad. ''I am sure you are awesome with close range fighting'' He heard her praise it that he was able to fly and he blushed, ''Well I could help you with you're hights, i used to have problems with it too but when I fly I forget about everything that is bothering me even my hight problem so you wanne try I can hold you're hand and I can fly us for a bit and see how you do?'' He suggested wondering if she would have liked to fly.

Missions:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 28th January 2014, 12:50 pm

Her face registered surprise in the soft lift of her eyebrows and slight widening of the eyes, clearly having not expected such an offer to be made. Teach me how to fly? "Well..." And here she was trying to cheer him up when she couldn't even handle flying, an ability unique to wind users out of all the other elements! Ridiculous.

Taking in a deep breath, Akihime was silent for a moment, clearly thinking it over, her eyes straying from Ian's to study the plastic cup full of coffee she'd been drinking out of earlier, not really seeing it.

Finally, she looked up and smiled a little. "Only if you promise not to go too high. I really can't handle heights." And don't laugh if I throw up or something awful like that. Just the idea of being so high off the ground, with everyone becoming ants and the ground suddenly looking so solid, and her bones suddenly felt so glass-like.

Plummeting to her death was pretty high on her list of nightmares, right next to drowning.

"I'm willing to give it a try." She put on a brave face, though her insides were all fluttering with discomfort and worry. If Ian could do it, so could she - but... it was still pretty terrifying.

iannabben
    iannabben

Player 

Post by iannabben 28th January 2014, 12:57 pm

Ian could see the doubts in her expression and she began to look away from him and look at the cup she had been drinking coffee of, apparently expecting it. It was obvious she was scared of flying and that she would probably have a bit of a fright when they would fly but he knew she should not have to worry, when you fly yourself you wont have any fear of that happening. When the wind would blow and hit your face and you could see all the nature around you, then you would not mind anymore. You would not even think about doing it. It was then that he heard her responds. ''I promise i wont go to high unless you ask me too and dont worry i dont laugh when something happenes to people that they would not like'' He said as he awaited if she would want to do it. It was an amazing experience and he would be really happy if he would be able to help a fellow wind user from their fear of flying and up into the air. He heard her say that she would give it a try. ''Allright then let's go outside shall we ?'' He said as he stood up, drank the last bit of his hot chocolat and went outside feeling a soft breeze. It was warm and there were almost no clouds. This was the perfect day for a fly.

Missions:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 30th January 2014, 9:59 am

"R-Right now? You want to try right now?" Her voice rose several octaves outside it's normal speaking range, Akihime staring at him with an openly nervous look. Ian had promised not to fly too high or go too far, but she still hadn't expected him to start instructing her now. Wasn't this a little too soon to be confronting her fear of heights?!

He didn't give her much choice to protest - though she probably wouldn't have said anything, since he'd already walked out of the door. Stuffing her belongings back into her pack, Akihime followed after the Sabertooth guildmember, already feeling her stomach tie itself into unbreakable knots. The breeze was nice, enjoying it was hardly an option when she was already so worried about falling. If they were only a few feet off the ground, that would be alright, she could manage that - but anything higher and her courage just had a tendency to collapse, blown away by the wind.

"Should we find an open field or something?" She asked, looking to the blue-eyed boy beside her. "I don't wanna make a scene or bump into any people." Besides, landing on the very solid looking streets of Crocus was not high on the top of her to-do list right this moment. At least grass wouldn't be so bad.

iannabben
    iannabben

Player 

Post by iannabben 31st January 2014, 11:55 am

''Yeah sure why not'' He said as he awaited an awnser from the girl. She had asked if he wanted to do it now. He walked outside as he listened to the girl. The wind was good and he knew she would enjoy to fly. ''Dont worry no one is around'' he said when she asked him if they didn't have to be in a field or something or that they didn't want to make a scene. ''Don't worry no one is around no one will see is'' He said as he he smiled at her. He could see that she was pretty nervous and he placed a hand on her shoulder. ''Easy nothing will happen I am sure you will be ok and even better I am sure you would be able to enjoy the flying which we could go'' He now squated down so she would be able to be on his back. ''Come on jump up I would be able to help you learn to fly'' He said awaiting her to jump up
    (sorry for the small post)

Missions:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 4th February 2014, 10:25 am

Enjoy it? Akihime wasn't so sure if she could ever enjoy flying completely, but being comfortable with it was bound to be an improvement. Taking in a deep breath, Akihime made the leap (literally), attempting to hop onto Ian's back without chickening out. A sudden wave of nerves hit her all over, and Akihime gritted her teeth hard, bright blue eyes flitting to and fro as she held onto him tight.
    "Okay. Let's go." And get this over with! Her first instinct would be to shut her eyes and hold on for all her might, but that would be both pointless to this lesson and not very comfortable for the Sabertooth wind-user.

Come on, keep it together Hime! Don't wuss out, don't disgrace your guild's name so soon after you joined! Besides, he already promised he wouldn't drop you.

With the honor of her guild in mind, Akihime took another sobering breath, holding it, and looked out straight ahead, past Ian's shoulder to their surroundings, trying not to think about the ground rapidly vanishing beneath them.

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 6:38 am