Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo

Three Evils
    Three Evils

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo Empty Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo

Post by Three Evils 17th December 2013, 12:50 pm

In the middle of Rome's Colosseum, two figure's stood in front of eachother. They did not know how they had arrived here nor why they were or what was wanted from them. They knew nothing except that there was someone else in that strange, alien place.

In front of the first man was a moderately tall man with short, well kept platinum blonde hair, what included a goatee. He was rather attractive and gave off a english gentlemanly feel. However, his long, dark cloak was off, giving him an aura of mystery.

The second man however, saw a very different person. A much taller, musculous young man with very long pale pink hair with green spots all over it. His clothing was as weird as his hair, consisting of a pair of trousers with grape motifs, besides that, he wore some kind of fishnet that, alongside a few tattoos, drew a lush, naturalistic pattern all over his chest and arms.

The first, pink-haired man looked around with haste, looking like a panther in a small cage "What?!", he almost shouted, "Where am I?!, What is this pla--" His sentence was cut short when he noticed the other man in the desolate colosseum, "Who are you?!, Are you the one who brought me here?!", the aggression was clear on the man's voice. "Answer me!, What's your name?"

Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo Empty Re: Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo

Post by Guest 17th December 2013, 4:08 pm

Marick looked around, his usually cool demeanor momentarily lost in his confusion. Needless to say he had no clue as to why he was here, nor where 'here' actually was. However, from the looks of the place it appeared he was in some kind of a Colosseum. His attention to his surroundings were short-lived as a voice burst out from the otherwise silent location. His head turned to the direction of the sound, and his eyes honed in on the course; a muscular young man with long, pale pink hair with green spots. His clothing left much to be desired to say the least.

"My name is Marick Lowell. I have no idea why we are here, nor do I desire to remain here for too long. Given how we're in a colosseum, I'm going to guess that we must fight one another." he replied simply. With a sigh he pulled his deck of cards out and shuffled them. He could think of considerably better things to be doing with his time.
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo Empty Re: Test thread: Matrick Lowell vs Diavolo

Post by Three Evils 18th December 2013, 5:45 am

The pink-haired man looked at the man named Lowell completely perplex "Fighting?, Do you truly think that the best course of action in this situation is to punch the very first moving thing you see?", despite his initial surprise the man chuckled as he striked a battle pose, "Whatever, if you want the fists to do the talking so badly, I'll give you a taste of the power of a Sealer"

Before he even finished, something truly bizarre happened. From the tattoos in the man’s body, from his legs, his hair and even from his deep crimson lips, bubbles of all kinds of colurs started emerging, slowly drifting away as they gracefully danced in midair... The man however didn’t seem to notice them or, at least, pay them any attention, for his lime green eyes were fixatedon the man with the cards, drilling, taunting him with eyes that screamed ‘Come and get it, you bastard’.

And in an instant, Pinkie made his move, his hand bolting towards his opponents chest, not to strike it, since there were 15 meters between the two of them, but as id he was about to pull something from it... And he did so. With a swift pulling motion a small bright red bubble emerged from te opponent’s chest and shot towards the pink-haired pony man. soon enough, the opponents would feel his magic energy dwindling a bit, not to much, but certainly some of it.

OOC: Stuff used:
    -- Shameless Soft & Wet: Soft & Wet Feedback
    -- Absorption

0% of magic pool used, 100% remaining.
    -3% Loss of Lowell’s magic pool. 97% remaining.

Post by Guest 18th December 2013, 8:23 am

As the red bubble emerged from his chest, Marick could feel just a little bit of magic energy dwindle. He'd yet to draw his hand, but from the looks of things his opponent wasn't going to sit around. A confident smile came to his face as he placed his deck back into its holder and drew 7 cards from the top. Not a bad starting hand at all, although it certainly could have been better. As the bubble made its way back to his opponent Marick decided to race it. He gripped three cards in his hand and launched them at Diavolo as he closed the gap between them to 12 meters. He then gripped a fourth card and turned it to face Diavolo. "6 of Diamonds; Fireball!"

The card suddenly levitated from Marick's hand and glowed for a moment. A fireball erupted from the card, launching itself at Diavolo, travelling just behind the previously thrown cards. He's fast...but perhaps a little cocky. he thought to himself.

Spells used:
    Discard Throw; 3 cards thrown = 15% Damage
    Play the 6: 1 fireball summoned = 10% Damage

Total damage being dealt = 25%

4 cards used, 3 remaining. 9 turns until Quick Shuffle.

Magic Used: 20%
    Magic Remaining: 77%
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 18th December 2013, 9:09 am

Diavolo just stood there as his oponent made his move, observing him as he threw three magic-coated cards at him, 'So that's his magic huh?, A holder type... Well, this is going to be easy', he thought to himself. Raising his arms, he covered his chest and head as the three cards hit, making supercifial cuts from which he begun to bleed. Meanwhile, his gaze was unfaltering, more vivid than defore even though he had just been wounded.

And then, just as the enemy prepared himself to use yet another spell, a golden reflection was seen in a bubble floating half a meter from the opponent's head. From it, a golden armored fist and a seemingly endless number of small orange bubbles emerged simultaneously at a high speed (55 m/s for the bubbles), the fist, which belonged to a golden and green humanoid entity decorated with an anchor and other sailor motifs, aimed for the oponent's hands as he flicked the card he intended to use, meanwhile, the bubbles aimed for several objectives...

... A bubble aimed for the floor...
    ... Another for the hands of Lowell...
    ... One impacted against a rock, which seemed to crumble into dirt...
    ... And plenty of the bubbles targeted Lowell's deck.

Suddenly the floor Lowell was standing on became the epitome of slippery, for Diavolo had stolen all friction from it, and, if they impacted, Lowell's cards would become almost completely imvisible (for he had stolen the card's reaction to light, making them transparent) and his hands would feel numb, as if they were not his (for the proprioception of his hands had been taken away from him) and would most likely completely unable to coordinate his finger movements anymore.

OOC: Stuff used:
    -- Soft & Wet
    -- Surprise Motherf*cker!!
    -- Steal I
    -- Vampiric Instinct

Damage dealt:
    1 S&W punch: 11,25%-22,5%

Cooldowns:

Absorption: 2 posts left
    Steal I: 3 posts left

Damage taken: 15% -- 85% HP + 2,5% -- 87,5%
    Magic Pool used: 10% -- 90% MP left

Post by Guest 18th December 2013, 9:47 am

Marick slid across the ground, coming to a halt a few feet closer to Diavolo. His fireball had been stopped and the ground had been made more slippery. More bubbles were still homing in on him but this time he moved quickly. He threw a card in front of him with its back facing Diavolo. The card immediately expanded and grew to insane proportions. Most of the bubbles hit the card and exploded, making the card invisible, but due to the lack of damage the bubbles were dealing the card remained in place, allowing Marick to see his opponent clearly through his own shield. This allowed him to see the incoming fist, The ground was slippery, but with a roll he was able to move himself clear as the invisible card was struck and returned to the bottom of his deck.

Close, but not close enough. he thought to himself. Admittedly his positioning right now wasn't exactly to his favour. The King of diamonds was now invisible, and returned in that state to the bottom of his deck. He was also on very slippery ground, meaning he would struggle to move at the moment, although needless to say this could be troublesome for his opponent as well. Nonetheless, this battle was certainly far from over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spells Cast:
    Card Shield - Blocked the bubbles aimed directly at Marick and his deck, was turned invisible and destroyed by the magic fist.

Magic used: 10%
    Magic remaining: 67%

Damage taken: 0%
    Remaining HP: 100%

8 Turns until Quick Shuffle.
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 18th December 2013, 4:41 pm

OOC: Nice try, but not good enough, because...

Strength:
    -- Inmaterial: Spells are spirit based and thus go through most physical objects and spells.

... Which means that, unless your spell is geared towards stopping spirit-based spells, the bubbles bypass it. As a side note, the floor isn't just "More slippery". It has been robbed friction. Right now, just standing on it is as hard as tap dancing in a freshly oiled thin cape of ice above a lake full of bloodthirsty sharks with banana peels as shoes. That is, almost impossible. Anyways, moving on...

____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Diavolo allowed himself a cocky smirk when his surprised opponent tried to block his spell, not knowing that it was for naught. One bubble did explode upon contact with the King of Diamonds, but the rest went right through the card, homing in their objectives successfully. However, this allowed him to see Soft & Wet's incoming attack, which he successfully avoided with a roll.

However, the slippery ground would surely make him loose control, and for when he tried to get up with difficulty, the first thing he would see was Diavolo, suspended in midair, having stolen enough weight from himself to float about 10 cm from the ground. His finger was pointing at Lowell's face, and from it came yet another bubble, this one almost twice as fast as the others (85 m/s), aiming for his hands, if this homing bubble hit its mark, it would "give" Lowell's hands and fingers the rigidness he had stolen from the rock from before, partially petrifying them.

"What a meaningless effort...", said Diavolo, "Your power might be more damaging than mine, but as long as you have a weakness, I will always surpass you!"

And with this said, the same golden humanoid from before appeared behind Diavolo and lunged through him towards Lowell, unleashing a flurry of punches towards him which would cause him to fall back to the floor if he was hit.

"Tell me, how will you cast your spells if you don't see your cards, Gambler?, How will you manipulate them if your hands have been rendered useless?!, All your actions are futile against me, D-"

However, the phrase of the man was cut short, for a moment, he looked puzzled, soon enough he clutched his head in confusion "My own name... W-why can't I rememeber?... Who... Am I?"

And just like that, the man realized that he remembered absolutely nothing from his past. There was nothing, absolutely nothing before appearing in this strange place.

OOC:

Stuff used:
    -- Give, 10% MP

Damage dealt: Twenty fi-- Forget eeet, 10%

Magic Pool: 80%
    Health: 90%

Cooldowns
    -- Absorption: 1 post
    -- Steal: 2 posts
    -- Give: 3 posts

Last edited by Three Evils on 19th December 2013, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 19th December 2013, 2:00 am

OOC: I'm getting the feeling that your magic may well require some people to have specific magic to counter.

Card Block would block all D-rank spells and attacks, regardless of type. It's not just a card, but one infused with magic and manipulated to block any oncoming attack. Nonetheless I'll play this your way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say Marick was in more trouble than he'd expected. This magic was like nothing he'd ever faced, meaning he would have to think outside the box. "It's knowing your weaknesses that creates your strength." he replied coolly. The floor was slippy, meaning he'd struggle to move anymore unless it was to slip to the ground to dodge an attack at his upper body. His fingers had become incredibly rigid, but his hands were still moveable, and he could still feel what was beneath his fingers. "If my magic was based purely on the effects of cards then yes you would have won by now. However..." he continued, as he slipped his hand into his card holder and pulled a card out with the gap between his now rigid fingers. "...I can adapt." He didn't know what card he'd drawn, but he did know what he could do with it. As the fist punched him and sent him through the air, Marick turned his body and swung his arm around, launching a Discard Throw with the four invisible cards in his hand. He was struggling, but not defeated. Not yet.

---------------------------------------------

Spells Cast: Discard Throw - 4 cards thrown = 18% damage

Magic Used: 10%
    Magic Remaining: 57%

Damage Taken: 10%
    Remaining HP: 90%

7 Turns until Quick Shuffle.
    Hand empty, Quick Draw activated - Drew 5 new cards. Drew a 2, another card drawn. Drew another 2, another card drawn.
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 20th December 2013, 5:38 am

OOC: Well, that's more or less the case. For a magic to be able to block the spells, it must state clearly that it's able to block immaterial objects/spells. Beyond that, any magic can block it. This said, Soft & Wet, the guardian golden entity, can be blocked by any blocking spell equal or superior to my rank.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Too confused and terrified to pay attention to Lowell, the words of his foe were not heed... And so was his attack.

"What?!", said Diavolo as his train of thought was interrupted by the sudden throwing motion he caught from the corner of his eye, being too late to react, Diavolo just protected himself as best as he could with both of his arms. Fortunately for him, throwing invisible cards with semi-petrified, unusable hands while being punched in the face and subsequently thrown through the air was a quite difficult thing, thus, only two cards made their mark, and both damaged Diavolo superficially.

"Ugh!!". That had been unexpected. He had already thought his opponent to be defeated and now he to deal with invisible magic projectiles. He could always release his steal ability, but he couldn't do that. He couldn't retreat, he couldn't give up. Not now... But if he only could manage to...

"...", in silence, he summoned Soft and Wet besides him, which then grabbed him with one arm by the waist and pulled him away, increasing the distance between the two to 15 meters.

OOC: Stuff used and etc:

HP: 90% +2,5% -8% = 85,5%
    MP: 80% +15% (fifth post regeneration) = 95%

Cooldowns:

Absorption: 0 posts. Cooldown has ended.
    Steal I: 1 post.
    Give: 2 posts.

Could you list your cooldowns too?, it'd be great for me to keep track of your spells.

Post by Guest 21st December 2013, 2:44 am

Marick landed back onto the ground, ensuring to land on his feet to at least have some kind of control. His opponent had backed away from him it seemed and, due to the slippery floor, the gap was increased as Marick slid a few more metres backwards.

"I won't deny you're good. But you were far too confident so early on and you became careless and distracted. That is YOUR current weakness, so learn from it." He called out to his opponent. He had no idea what Diavolo was distracted by, nor did he particularly care. All he did know was that he couldn't make another move just yet due to his positioning. He'd have to wait for his opponent to make a move first.

--------------------------------------

Spells Cast:
    None.

Magic Used: 0%
    Magic Remaining: (57% + 5% for fifth post) 62%

Damage Taken: 0%

Cooldowns:
    Card Shield - Cooldown has ended.
    Discard Throw - Cooldown has ended.

6 turns until Quick Shuffle
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 21st December 2013, 7:31 am

"... I admit that I underestimated you", said Diavolo as he took a step in midair towards Lowell, "I thought this would be easy. That you were just another mediocre fool like most mages out there... But you were right... You can adapt... And I respect that"

"However..."

Diavolo extended his left arm to the side and something appearing behind it, but a different Red, monstrous entity "I won't allow you to defeat me", with this said, the red entity grabbed Diavolo and launched him upwards towards the skies, disappearing afterwards.

Post by Guest 21st December 2013, 7:50 am

Marick drew another card with a smile on his face. Whoever this guy was, he was certainly determined. This fight was going to go down to the wire, there was no denying that. And I refuse to lose...so whose will is stronger? He now had nine cards in his hand, although he had no idea what they were with the exception of having two 2's thanks to his Card Draw's secondary effect. Thankfully for him his opponent was in the air, meaning he had time to test his cards and see if he had anything he could use...and he did! As he held one card forward he felt the familiar rush of magical energy he'd felt before. He could now make his move.

As the invisible 6 was played Marick aimed the fireball at the ground directly below himself, shooting himself upwards into the air. He then gripped another random card and placed it below him once he reach about 10 feet in the air, expanding it and landing on it. With seven cards still in his hand, he was ready for his opponents next move, and able to move himself now that he was clear of the slippery ground below. Perfect...

--------------------------------------------

Spells Cast:
    Play the 6
    Card Shield

Magic Remaining: 42%

Damage Taken: 0%

Cooldowns:
    Card Shield - 3 posts
    Play the 6 - 2 posts

5 turns until Quick Shuffle
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 22nd December 2013, 2:14 am

"!"

An exclamation of mild surprise left the rising Diavolo's lips as he saw his opponent actually casting an spell other than the card throw he had already taken advantage of before. Most likely it was just a stroke of luck combined with Diavolo giving him some room, which he was using to either set up an attack or mess with his plans, but did this not matter, for now his opponent was open to punishment.

"King Crimson!", called Diavolo, the entity releasing another wave of bubbles before Marick even reached his height, however, unlike the last time, these spread out, taking wildly different directions, exploding against walls, seats and floors all over the colosseum, most of which were robbed of their friction while some others (the most inaccessible ones) were robbed of their weight.

One of this bubbles discretely exploded against Diavolo's back and, of course, around half of the bubbles went after Lowell, who, being thrown in the air by his own spell would have a hard time dodging so many homing projectiles.

Regardless of the result, as soon as Lowell raised his eyes towards his opponent after creating the platform, he would see yet another orange bubble... However, that one hadn't been placed there to steal anything from him.

Suddenly, King Crimson's fist would come out of the bubble in an attempt to uppercut Marick, the attack being much faster and stronger than before, almost three times so.

The attack was quickly followed by the entity, that completely came out of the bubble as it sent its other fist towards his face in a downward angle in order to smash him against his own shield in an attempt to break through it. Should the levee not break, King Crimson would just throw a barrage of punches towards Lowell's body until it managed to power through the barrier.

HP: 88% +2,5% = 90,5%
    MP: 95% - 10% = 85%

Stuff used:
    -- Steal I
    -- Crimson Evil (activated last post)

Damage dealt:
    -- First punch connects: 12%
    -- Followup punch connects: 12%
    -- Barrage necessary to break the shield: 8%
    -------- Max Damage: 32%

Cooldows:
    -- Steal I: 3 posts cooldown
    -- Give: Cooldown has ended

Music:
    -- Roundabout, by Yes
    -- Crossing the Frame, by Coheed and Cambria (alternatively)

Note: Are you sure you only recover a 5% MP?, Just sayin' because I'm pretty sure it was a 10%. Otherwise, I'll have to correct my MP

Post by Guest 22nd December 2013, 6:35 am

Marick had very little choice on his next move. His opponent had completely let rip now, and the sight before him was one he'd probably never forget; bubbles flying in all directions, stealing the properties of various objects around the colosseum. He quickly had to turn his attention to the multiple fists flying at him though, and quickly made note that he was highly likely to get hit in this instance. He'd expected something big from the moment Diavolo had shot into the air, so this didn't bother him too much. He was able to see two fists right now; one headed up, the other headed down. Going down was not an option, and so Marick positioned himself to take the uppercut straight to the gut, flying upwards and just missing the fist coming down. His card shield took the full brunt of the punch though, shattering and returning to the bottom of his deck.

While in midair, Marick gripped his cards and launched all of them at his opponent - 8 in total - before being struck by multiple fists in the gut and flying through the air. Admittedly he hadn't expected those. He hit the wall in the distance incredibly hard, and slid to the ground. He had taken a lot of damage, but was able to look up at his opponent nonetheless and draw his new hand.

-------------------------------
    Spells Cast:

Discard Throw - 8 cards thrown (3x 5 damage, 5 x 3 damage) Total 30%

Magic Used: 10%
    Magic Remaining: 37% (+5% due to only adding 5% recovery on 5th post.)

Damage Taken: 20%
    Remaining HP: 70%

Cooldowns:
    Card Shield - 2 posts
    Play the 6 - 1 Post
    Discard Throw - 1 post

Card Draw activated. Drew new hand of 5 cards. Drew a 2, drew another card.

4 posts until Quick Shuffle.

How are you regenerating health every post? Have I missed something? XD
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 22nd December 2013, 8:08 am

Success. There were no other words to describe the outcome of his move and, though that pleased Diavolo, he knew that the hardest part, the time for the truth was due to arrive... A bubble appeared in Diavolo's hand, which he thoughtfully observed.

"In order for a man to progress, it's vital for him to let go. One must surrender possessions, relationships and even parts of himself to conquer the future..." Diavolo's steely eyes were fixated in Marick's face "In the verge of defeat, in the final curtain call and in the all-time low what marks the difference is what you are willing to sacrifice... So tell me... How far will you go?"

Diavolo raised his hand towards the sky and, as Marick's invisible cards were sent towards him, he let go off the bubble, which exploded almost immediately.

In an instant, Lowell's cards bursted into flames, leaving a glowing trail behind them. "I've taken all the friction I had stolen from this place and surrendered it to the air, now, as soon as any of us both does a sudden movement, that one will burst into flames"

Now being able to see the cards despite of them being invisible, Diavolo called King Crimson forth and with its help, he moved away of the trajectory of most of the cards, now aimed considerably worse, since with his last spell Diavolo had stolen the sense of equilibrium from his opponent. However, he couldn't avoid two cards, that hit him square on, not to mention that he was temporarily in flames from dodging the attack. However, nor the flames nor the cards had even faced Diavolo despite the excruciating pain those would normally represent... Because Diavolo couldn't feel pain anymore. He had stolen it from himself.

The same couldn't be said about his opponent, that was heading towards the floor, "I'm not done with you just yet!", he said as he extended his hand towards Marick and the same blood red bubble appeared on his chest... However, the dwindling of his magic power shouldn't be the foremost issue on Marick's mind.

From the bubble appeared King Crimson's arm, that took advantage of the proximity with its foe to grab the wrist of the hand Lowell had been using to launch the cards at Diavolo, the first hand was followed with the rest of the horrific creature that came out of the bubble and threw his hand towards Lowell's elbow in an attempt to break his joint, however, this attempt was but a secondary objective, for regardless King Crimson managed to grab Lowell by the elbow or at all, with a powerful motion, he attempted to throw him back to the air, right towards Diavolo.

Damage taken:
    -- 2 Flaming Cards: 15%
    -- Flames: 5%
    ---- Total: 20%

Spells & Abilities used:
    -- Give
    -- Absorption

HP: 73%
    MP: 70%

Damage dealt:
    -- Elbow attacked: 8%
    -- Flames: 5%

Cooldowns:
    -- Steal: 2 Posts
    -- Give: 3 Posts
    -- Absorption: 3 Posts

Music:
    -- Devil In Jersey City, by Coheed and Cambria
    -- Roundabout

Note: the flames don't do all much damage but they are incredibly painful, causing people to flinch from it. Any sudden, quick movements will cause the perpetrator to burst into flames from friction with the air, this includes dodging, punching, throwing cards and moving faster than walking.

Also, I regenerate HP and more MP because I have a regen boost as a passive. I should also tell you that my lineage gives me a x1.5 strength boost.

Post by Guest 22nd December 2013, 9:01 am

There was nothing else to call his current state than 'agony'. As King Crimson punched his elbow - thankfully not quite breaking it due to the angle of the strike - and pulled him through the air, Marick felt as if he were being dragged between two large panels of sandpaper while being set alight. There was nothing he could do with his cards right now, and the situation was looking progressively more grim. Nonetheless he took the burning friction with little choice and little resistance. Once the creature let go Marick did the only thing he could think of and recoiled into his coat. While his coat began to burn from the friction, he was just about safe and free to consider his next move, although he was now unable to see his opponent.

"Letting go...perhaps. But sometimes it's best to hold on. Sometimes you need to hold on to progress." he replied, while considering his next move.

---------------------------------

Spells Cast:
    N/A

Magic Used: 0% (3% drained)
    Magic Remaining: 34%

Damage Taken: 13%
    HP Remaining: 54%

Cooldowns:

Card Shield - 1 Post
    Play the 6 - Cooldown Complete
    Discard Throw - Cooldown Complete
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 22nd December 2013, 12:54 pm

Following King Crimson's throw, Diavolo sent a blazing punch towards Lowell, who had attempted to protect himself with his robes, if it connected it would send him spinning towards the floor however, without sense of balance or being able to see, he wouldn't know at all wether he was going up or down or what was going on at all, the only certain thing being that he was still in flames.

"BEAT MY HEART!!!", Said Diavolo, who had grabbed him and was thus being dragged along, "THIS BURNING HEAT!!, CRUSH HIM, BEAT OF MY BLOOD!!"

"RELEASE!!!"

And with that command, all the weight Diavolo had stolen, which had been combined with his own stolen weight, returned to his body, that went from weighing almost nothing to 10 tons, clashing against Lowell's and plunging on top of him towards the floor in a meteoric tornado of raging flames. And as they fell, Diavolo raised alongside King Crimson his supermassive fistin order to strike crush either of his hands if he tried any magic tricks to get away. Otherwise, both him and his guardian would attempt to strike him square on his face as they made contact against the floor, which would collapse from the massive impact.

Stuff used:
    -- Release (passive)
    -- Combine

Damage taken:
    -- 10% from flames
    -- 20% Impact against the floor

HP: 45,5%
    MP: 60%

Damage dealt:
    -- Blazing fist: 13%
    -- Flames during the fall: 15%
    -- Impact against the floor: 30%
    -- Finishing falcon punch: 20%
    ---- Total 78%

Last edited by Three Evils on 22nd December 2013, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 22nd December 2013, 2:16 pm

Marick felt all the air get blown from his body as the sudden weight struck him. His coat was torn from his body, revealing the white, half unbuttoned shirt underneath. The friction from the air tore at his skin and for a brief moment he very nearly lost conciousness. ...THAT'S IT! Marick's body went completely limp, his cards falling from his hands and sticking to his back due to the pace they were traveling through the air. He remained virtually unmoving with exception from the pain-stricken expression on his face and the occasional twitching.

Then, just a split second before the two hit the ground, Marick's eyes opened and a smirk appeared on his face. His body suddenly turned pitch black and was crushed beneath the weight of Diavolo...and disintegrated. Marick was now stood on one knee about 5 meters away from the landing zone, with his cards now back in his hand. "The Black Joker...played by a fool...rather fitting." he muttered, before launching his remaining cards at the back of his opponent from close range, however his arm was covered in flames from doing so. Needless to say both battlers were going to be considerably weakened from the events of the past few seconds.

"Look...if we keep going then one or both of us is going to end up dead..." he called out, gripping his burned arm. While he was enjoying the battle against a tough opponent, he knew his own words were certainly correct. Both battlers were determined to fight to the very end, and with the way things were going there would be blood shed.

------------------------------------

Spells Cast:
    The Black Joker
    Discard Throw - 7 cards = 27% Damage dealt.

Magic Remaining: 17%

Damage Taken:
    13% from the blazing punch
    10% damage from the full body tackle + weight
    5% damage from friction when casting Discard Throw
    28% total.
    HP Remaining: 26%

Cooldowns:

Card Shield - Cooldown Complete
    Discard Throw - 1 Post Remaining
    Black Joker - 5 Posts Remaining

2 Posts until Quick Shuffle
    Hand empty, Card Draw activated. Drew 5 cards.
    Three Evils
    Three Evils

Post by Three Evils 23rd December 2013, 2:30 am

What was this?, wondered Diavolo as he saw his opponent let go of his cards. Had his opponent surrendered?, That was unlike him, he had to be up to something!...

His fist moved to preventively strike him, but it was too late, Diavolo hit the floor, which rumbled from the clash, but, despite the damage, Diavolo didn't flinch. But, as soon as his head turned to Marick's position and saw him about to attack, the green on his eyes disappeared, his pupils breaking into several smaller, irregular ones. Meanwhile, his body begun releasing bubbles, bubbles that, being immaterial, had no trouble reaching the thrown, flaming cards and stealing them their kinetic energy, causing them to  harmlessly drift to the floor.

From the floor, Diavolo rose. His body was battered, burnt and had bleeding cuts everywhere, but he stood tall, and his smouldering gaze seemed to irradiate a dark will as more and more bubbles seemed to run wild through his skin... Wait, was he metamorphosing?, Here and there, bits not belonging to Diavolo's body seemed to appear and disappear in an instant.

Diavolo's Steal bubbles floated at his back, forming swirling, orange tentacles, ready to strike... However, they didn't. Instead, Diavolo looked aside, dispelling the bubbles running through his body as well as all the effects his magic currently active, including the returning of all things stolen from Lowell and the de-petrifying of his hands.

"So be it... But know this...", he turned his  back at Lowell, looking at him over his shoulder while he pointed at a star-shaped birthmark on the lower part of his neck with his thumb, "I'm counting this as a victory"

"You know... i think I've remembered...", he said, turning yet again. On his hand formed a bubble that flew towards Lowell, however, unlike the others, upon exploding against its target, Marick would feel his vitality and mana slowly rising, "My name... My name is... Diavolo... Fighting against you made me remember, thus, I owe you that much".

OOC: you forgot the flame damage during the fall, but that doesn't matter anymore.

Post by Guest 23rd December 2013, 4:22 am

"A victory for you? Suit yourself. I'd rather be alive now and die somewhere closer to home than to be here anyway."

With his body finally freed from the friction around it and from the rigidity of his hands, Marick slowly pulled himself to his feet and flexed his fingers. "Well at least some good came of this for one of us." he replied coolly, before raising his head and smiling at his opponent. "It would be good to meet again somewhere in Earthland...and perhaps fight to the very end with our own rules, rather than being thrown into an unknown situation." he continued, grabbing his tattered coat and throwing it over his shoulder.

"Take care...Diavolo. Until the next time we meet."

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 8:53 am