Caster or Holder
Description: Shadow-Make is a type of Molding Magic which utilizes the element of darkness. The user can create a variety of objects out of shadow to be used for offensive, defensive or other purposes.
The user has control over shadows and darkness around them. Shadow Magic allows the user to bend and shape their own shadow and surrounding shadows for various purposes, including offense and defensive use. This allows the user a great deal of flexibility. A skilled user easily use their shadow and the shadows of others to create or destroy whatever they please, However the abilities of Shadow magic may become somewhat limited if the user Is not in an ideal fighting environment. For example, If the user had to fight an opponent in an open and well lit area. There would not be as many dark places or accessible shadows.
Magic Strengths: Famine has remarkably great intuition; some people say it is natural for someone possessing dark element magic to possess great instinct. Apparently, they can tell when something feels “darker than it should be” Anyone could tell that a dark and spooky forest was bad news, but Famine may receive impulses in situations which would not appear dangerous to a normal person. Just like her own personal danger alarm.
Shadow-Make is strong against plant type magic and elements. Notably, Famine’s magic has been shown to be strong against mind based magic including but not limited to, Telepathy and Illusions. When dealing with plants she has a 70% chance of stopping the spells growth, slowing the casting speed regardless. Plants don’t grow too great in the dark right? As for the Mind-based stuff, Famine can destroy illusions with the use of her shadows and even muffle telepathy by just thinking about it. (Assuming the mage is at least below one level/rank than her)
Famine can phase into a shadow any moment she sees fit, Well, if her magic levees aren't drained. Anyway, becoming a dark and partial-transparent figure, Famine can vanish into shadows cast by other objects or even people, Ideal for get-aways. However, the mage can only move or hide like this for one post, Ascending from a nearby shadow and taking back her original form when finished.
She, like any other maker magic user, can create various non-animated and non-combat items from her element such as keys, Items, tools, ect.
Magic Weaknesses: Famine possesses a born weakness to Fire, Lightning and Light type magic, all types of magic which give off Light. Light magic will shatter any of Famine’s Creations instantly (If the same rank) while Fire, Lightning and even Light magic deal %5 more damage than they would to her if she possessed any other element of magic. Famine had a very difficult time learning exactly how to use her magic when she was younger; Famine’s mind was never quite focused and balanced enough to handle this type of magic. Long story short she needs to be thinking clearly to use her abilities; If Famine becomes too flustered, she will be unable to use or control her magic power.
Famine has been known to give off a strong negative magical vibe thanks to her dark element… Many would be surprised to know that the dark power they felt in the air belonged to a legal mage; Her power gives off the exact same sensation you may feel from Savage Skull wizard.
- Night Vision: As a shadow creation wizard, Famine was born with the convenient of night sight. She can see well darker areas, and maneuver through pitch black darkness. Her eyes are just able to pick up more light than other peoples, making bright days harsh on her sometimes.Health By Darkness: When the users hand is in contact with shadows the user can receive dark energy to heal themselves. Like most healing spells/abilities it isn't a quick fix and the caster will need to be patient throughout the process shadows mend tend wounds, taking the form of ribbon like bandages. (Heals one rank spell of current rank D rank mage can heal one D rank spell damage C rank mage can heal one C rank factor of damage per post) Famine may use this ability to heal others but for this comes a price. She must be willing to sacrifice some of her own health to replenish that of another. (caster loses 2% health to replenish 1%, 100/50, etc.)Shadow Transportation: As seen in other spells, Famine can phase into a shadow any moment she sees fit, Well, if her magic levels aren't drained that is. Anyway, becoming a dark and partial-transparent figure, Famine can vanish into shadows cast by other objects or even people, Ideal for get-aways. However, the mage can only move or hide like this for one post, Ascending from a nearby shadow and taking back her original form when finished. It's a natural skill for Famine. She has spells which branch off from this ability which allow her to be unseen for longer periods of time and move further away with the cost of some of her mana.Creation: She, like any other maker magic user, can create various non-animated and non-combat items from her element such as keys, Items, tools, ect.
- Wrath of Neptune:
- Wrath of Neptune:Description: A powerful water mage, who called himself Neptune The Great, plunged his people into war after the assassination of his wife and daughter. According to the legends he flooded the entire land of his enemies and swept them away. Upon his death he cast his power into an amulet that was to be given to his best friend's son, who had become more like family to him as well. The moment the young man put the amulet around his neck, he claimed that some sort of energy had entered his body. In times of distress, he could briefly control the water around him to release the anger he felt within. The water would come together in a big wave directed to a target he had chosen in his mind.
Ability: Allows the user to redirect any water type magic, forming it into a huge wave with power equal to his rank. Also allows the user to manipulate nearby bodies of water to create a huge wave that deals damage equal to the users rank; caps at S-Rank damage.
Usage: Can only be used twice per thread.
- Shadow Form:
- Name: Shadow Form
Type: Shadow, Offensive, Defensive
Description: Famine quickly phases into that of a shadow, her entire body reduced to a blurry dark silhouette. This form grants Famine down onto a surface and transforms their body into that of a shadow, granting them the ability to move around surfaces. The user can transition in and out of this form as they please. This a good spell to help the caster get the jump on the opponent. It is also great for slipping out of a tricky situation.
-Attacks deal +1 D-rank damage in this form.
- Makes caster untouchable and unaffected by physical damage or weak/un-ranked weapons.
- Ability to move across surfaces freely.
- A dark presence can be felt by mages of a higher rank than Famine making enemies more aware.
- Short duration of 2 posts.
- Spells can still hit the caster and cause damage when they is in this form.
- x2 damage from light magic based spells while in shadow form.
Duration: 2 posts
Cool down: 4 posts
- Name: Shadow Make: Wall
(壁/ Shadoumeiku: Kabe)
Type: Shadow, Defensive, Molding Magic
Description: To use this spell Famine presses her right hand over their left and extends their arms forward, Casting the spell they manipulates her own shadow and it will stretch itself out into a 5 by 5 wall that protects the caster from an incoming attack
- Defends the caster from an upcoming attack
- MP needed to cast this spell is deducted by 1/2
-Can be cast up to 15 meters away if necessary
-Can only protect a few people
-Can only withstand one or two D-rank attacks
Cool down: 3
- Name: Shadow Make: Darts
(ダーツ/ Shadoumeiku: Dātsu)
Type: Shadow, Offensive, Molding Magic
Description: The caster will send their right hand out towards a target holding their palm out towards the target. Saying the spell, a magic circle appears on his/her hand as they charge their magic energy and compress into needle-like charges that are then projected at the opponent in a rapid-fire fashion.
- 10 rounds will deal D rank damage-
- A rapid fire assault can be particularly difficult to evade-
- Has a long range (15 meters)
- Every small projectile drains a small amount of magic energy, the more a wizard decides to fire the more magic energy is drained. (Around 10 shots drain 5% of the casters magic energy and will deal D rank damage to the opponent)
-Can be deflected back at the caster with a legendary weapon or blocked by a Strong weapon
- Shadow dragon slayers can easily eat this attack
- Long cool down (6 posts)
Cool down: 6
- Name: Shadow Make: Sword
Type: Shadow,Molding Magic Offensive, Molding Magic
Description: The user creates a blade, Shadows in the form of a short sword that can be used for melee combat. The weapon is strong enough to stand up against weak weapons and a D ranked spells or two.
- Convenient spell to use if disarmed
- It's fairly light easy to swing
- A quick spell to cast
- The weapon will break if clashed with a strong weapon or higher
- Short ranged
- Cant damage through ranked armor
-Disperses without warning after 3 posts
Cool down: 5
- Void Portal:
- Name: Void Portal
Type: Shadow, Movement
Description: The caster can walk right into any area where a shadow is drawn over and exit out of another. The caster is not required to move their entire body through this spell, they can easily get away with pushing a single arm through a shadow an up through their opponents to trip them.
- Quick way to confuse an opponent
- Can pass items through portal including other people
- Very convenient in and outside of battle
-Useless in well-lit areas
-Can only emerge from a shadow in range. (10 yards)
-The caster can only use physical attacks while still residing in the portal they can't cast other spells (Tried to have that make sense.... Think about it, while your using this spell to move around you cant start using another spell until this one is finished)
-Shadows given off have to be large enough for the caster to slip through
Cool Down: 4
- SM spikes:
Name: Shadow Make: Spikes
Type: Shadow, Molding Magic, Offensive, Defensive,
Description: A spell in which the user slams a hand on the floor, And with that their shadow stretches out ahead of her covering the ground in a long shadow, from the darkness spikes appear to pierce through the ground where her shadow is drawn shadows, shooting up from the darkened ground. As many as 5 pointed shards jet up from the shadow at a target once cast. The spikes are as long as 20 feet and will grow to an appropriate length to strike a target. The spell is fast reacting and can be cast in a matter of seconds. This attack can be used to run a target through or even deflect projectiles. The spell can be cast one per a post allowing the users to create 5 spikes at the maximum.
- The spell can be cast and strike a target within a split second
- Shadow Make: spikes can reach as far as 35 feet, making also great for long distance attacks
-Defensive and offensive
- If struck with a B rank spell or higher the spikes will shatter
-The caster may not intend to kill their opponent, but the spell is sturdy enough to impale anyone even through their vitals
- The spikes will immediately shatter if hit by a light based attack
Cool down: 3
- SM garden of thorns:
- Name: Shadow Make: Garden Of Thorns
(いばらの庭/Shadoumeiku: Ibara niwa)
Type: Shadow, Poison, Molding Magic Offensive, Defensive,
Description: The user concentrates energy into their hands and releases By moving their hand upwards. As many as 3 giant vines rise out from the ground, The branches are spiked with poisonous thorns and made out of a shadowy aura, the spell can act as a whip and snap at the target, slashing them with the thorned sides. Or even be used to block incoming projectiles. The branches are very versatile and be controlled by the caster through gestured commands.
-The thorns are poisonous, If an opponent is scraped with a thorn they will take poison damage for three posts one time (deducts a certain amount of HP depending on their rank for 3 posts, cant be used again on the same opponent)
D-Rank: (-7HP) C-Rank: (-5HP) B Rank: (-3HP) All above ranks: (-1HP)
-The branches are versatile and have multiple capabilities. Including Offence and Defense
- The vines are 'giant' as said in the description; they can reach up to 10 meters in length (around 33 feet)
- The spell takes a long time to recharge. (6 posts)
- This spell is more lacks durability and can only withstand a few C rank spells. (2 C rank attacks per vine.) It will disburse if hit with a B rank or light based spell
- The poison can not be used on the same opponent again. Once an opponent has suffered 3 posts of poisoning they grow immune and cannot be poisoned again in the thread
Duration: 5 posts
Cool down: 6 posts
- SM crushing net:
- Name: Shadow Make: Crushing Net
(ネット破砕/Shadoumeiku: Netto hasai)
Type: Shadow, Molding Magic
Description:The caster creates a shadowy net around their opponent. The more the target struggles in the net the tighter it will become over time. The net deducts MP of whoever is caught by it, but is weaker to outside force and will break if in contact with a C rank spell.
- Deals C rank damage once every post that the target is trapped as the net gets tighter and begins to crush.
- Immobilizes the target
- Useful for ambushing
- This spell lacks durability and will break if hit with a C rank spell
- The net can be broken on the outside
Example: If Rita catches Player B in the net his friend Player D can come and get him out if he uses a C rank spell and breaks the net
- The net can only hit an opponent as far as 15 meters
Duration: 3 posts
Cool Down: 5 posts
- B-rank :
- SM Hurricane:
- Name: Shadow Make: Hurricane
Type: Shadow, Wind, Molding Magic,
Description: Rita twists her torso and bends an arm behind her back as a dark glow begins to emit from her palm. A Spiral of black, shadowy, wind twirls around her hand. Quickly twisting back and sweeping her palm towards the target, releasing it in their direction and generating a massive dark whirlwind, about 35 feet (11 meters) in diameter. The whirlwind will spin at a target at speeds of 60 mph and will reach as far as 40 meters.
(Click spoiler twice, its glitch ^^^^)
-Attacking spells can be intercepted and absorbed in the torrent to cause additional damage, ( ect. trapped flame spells may cause the spell to burn targets/sand may blind) including the targets attacks-
- May send opponents/objects caught in the gust airborne for as high as 25 feet (8 meters)-
-Can deal damage to multiple targets, groups of enemies-
-If the spell does not hit anything after going 40 meters, it stops-
-Can be absorbed by BOTH sky or shadow slayers-
- Uni-directional, meaning the spell is meant to be fire in a single direction (cannot pursue a target if dodged)-
-The hurricane cannot absorb spells above B rank/it can only collect spells that equal to a total of B-Rank. If any more comes into contact with it, then the hurricane instantly disburses, and if the spell was B-rank or lower that caused it to do so, it's canceled, too, otherwise, the spell will still be incoming-
Duration: 1 post (Instant)
Cooldown: 5 posts
- SM Black canon:
- Name: Shadow Make: Black Cannon
Type: Shadow, Maker Magic, Offensive
Description: Magic circle spinning beneath her, her right arm is enveloped with a dark matter, shaping it into that of long barreled cannon. Rita takes aim, firmly planting her feet into the ground. “Shadow Make: Black Cannon!” With these words the circle below her ignites in a shadowy glow as a massive shadow ball explodes out from the barrel and rockets at its target with speeds of 100 m/s. The projectile can hurl itself up to 50 meters before automatically exploding in a 30 meter radius, still dealing damage to what it reaches. Upon impact the shadow ball deals B rank damage, exploding around the area reaching up to 30 meters harming to those within the vicinity as well.
-An ideal finisher spell, great for finishing the job -
-Will also damage any enemies within the vicinity of the blast-
-A spell particularly difficult to evade thanks to its speed and range-
-Will damage anything within range including buildings, pedestrians, and allies-
-If Rita gets distracted while summoning this spell, and peers over to look at something else, he could accidentally injure or destroy something she had no intention of damaging-
-The spell is not idea for close combat. Rita would easily be caught in the blast too-
-Uni-directional, cannot peruse target-
Duration: 1 post (Instant)
Cool down: 4 posts
- SM Bricks:
- Name: Shadow Make: Bricks
Type: Shadow, Maker Magic, Offensive, Defensive
Description: Raising an open hand in the air above her at a 45 degree angle, Rita’s signature arcane circle appears in flat on the surface of her palm. Prior to giving off a vibrant dark glow, anywhere from 30 to 40 rectangular blocks rip through the surface of the circle, each enveloped in a black shadowy aura. The bricks will magically float in the air, slowly rotating and drifting around the mage at her command. If needed, the blocks can fly at targets with speeds of 50 mph. The user’s imagination I the only limit, this spell is easily one of the most versatile forms of magic Rita will come across. Barriers can be built to block spells, (withstanding up to two sets of B rank damage.) Barriers can be built around enemies, Bricks can be arranged to create pathways over or around obstacles, the blocks can snap together to form a bigger entity to crash into clusters of enemies, or they can be chucked at an opponent rapidly, a total of dealing B rank damage to any single opponent.
-Extremely versatile. The spell contains offensive AND defensive perks (convenient with other uses too)-
-Cannot only defend the user, but also others within the vicinity-
-Bricks may snap together into walls, steps or larger forms for other uses-
-The bricks individually do not deal much damage at all; the whole bundle can only deliver B-Rank damage. Separated among targets, less damage is dealt.
-The bricks can be broken by an attacking A-rank spell or instantly by Fire or Light type magic.
-If one brick is hit and shattered, the rest of the spell disburses in to a dark mist as well.
-The spell only remains active for 2 posts.
Duration: 2 posts
Cool down: 4 posts
Last edited by Rita on 2nd March 2015, 5:55 pm; edited 43 times in total