Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rescue in the Crystal Caves [Solo Job]

Fin
    Fin

Player 
    Lineage : Excitavit Tetria Oculus
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : N/a
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Serilda Sinclair (Current) Vanessa Scáthach (Former)
    Experience : 2,282

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fool's Arcanum
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Rescue in the Crystal Caves [Solo Job] Empty Rescue in the Crystal Caves [Solo Job]

Post by Fin 31st December 2022, 5:00 am

Job Description:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fin
    Fin

Player 
    Lineage : Excitavit Tetria Oculus
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : N/a
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Serilda Sinclair (Current) Vanessa Scáthach (Former)
    Experience : 2,282

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fool's Arcanum
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Rescue in the Crystal Caves [Solo Job] Empty Re: Rescue in the Crystal Caves [Solo Job]

Post by Fin 1st January 2023, 8:35 am

Finnegan Fontaine had arrived at Rune Knights Head Quarters to clock in early and get ready for work. The Sevenite ginger haired pilgrim was greeted by the voice of a higher ranking officer in the Rune Knights. The young rookie rune knight saluted as any good soldier would as his superior approached. "At ease soldier and Good morning to you private Fontaine, we have a mission lined up for you today." The commanding officer stated as she folded her arms. Finnegan Fontaine gave the higher ranking officer an inquisitive look with a hint of eagerness to hear what the said mission would be. "Top o' the mornin to you mam. How can I be of service?" Finnegan Fontaine inquired in his signature tone and cadence which heavily indicated his country of origin, Seven. "In the Depths within Sakuramori is a tiny village, with a very small population. In that said village a couple has contacted all legal guilds, including us the Rune knights. Their one and only child has suddenly disappeared from the village. It is suspected that the child had wandered in the the expansive crystal cave system near the village. There have been search parties from the village that has been deployed however so far their searching has been futile. Considering your background in exploration, travel, and tracking it was deemed that you were one of the most suitable candidates in our force to tackle this mission should you accept." Explained commanding officer.

Finnegan Fontaine nodded as the mission was laid before him. "Aye, I'll be more than happy to take care of this. Is there any other useful information that can be provided, it may make tackling the mission a bit easier for the lot of us, yeah?" Finnegan Fontaine inquired. "Glad to hear your eagerness to take on this operation Private Fontaine, as for information... According to the locals there is a thriving ecosystem in said crystal caves. The local fauna that inhabit the caves are seemingly made of crystals. However, you should be advised, these creatures are sacred to the village. So as part of this mission so you must avoid harming any of the creatures you may encounter at all costs. These creatures should they show any signs of aggression you must subdue them without physical harm. Is this understood Private Fontaine?" The commanding officer inquired as she handed Finnegan Fontaine a folder containing more detailed information in regards to the presented mission.

Finnegan Fontaine graciously took the folder, tucked it under his arm and gave her a salute with his free hand. "10-4 hear you loud in clear mam, you can leave it to me." Finnegan Fontaine said with a serious expression. "Very well you are to deploy as soon as possible, wrap this up quickly Fontaine. I expect nothing less than success from you." The commanding officer said to the ginger headed mage before saluting herself and walking off to take care whatever task that needed completing. Finnegan Fontaine immediately gathered whatever he needed and headed out to take care of the mission at hand. Due to the urgency of the mission, Finnegan Fontaine decided it would be best to try out one of his newly discovered abilities. It was a form of long range teleportation, essentially allowing him to tear the fabric of space and time, thus allowing him to enter an alter dimension, a nether world if you will, similar to the upside down from stranger things. In that dimension Finnegan discovered he could use it as an express way, a short cut if you will, allowing him to travel large distances essentially instantly. Although he was far from mastering it, it was something he could do. Simply put, the technique was incredibly demanding physically and mentally. However, it was entirely possible for him to have enough mana to take care of whatever dangers lay ahead in the crystal cave. It also helped the ginger haired pilgrim had spent many hours and days practicing said technique during his free time. Due to the urgency of the matters at hand it was a prime opportunity for Finnegan, the country boy, to test himself.

The first thing private Fontaine did was exit the Rune Knight Head Quarters and found a secluded and quite area. It was too difficult to do, he simply entered in one of the empty conference rooms. He then took out a picture of the said village where the request came from and looked at it. He stared at the picture intensely for a few minutes only breaking the gaze when he had to blink as if to sear the image into his mind. Eventually The pilgrim from seven closed his sky blue eyes and focused. He visualized the village and began to pour out his mana around him. He felt the air vibrate and drop drastically in temperature. The sound of indecipherable whispering rang in his ears. The light in the conference room began to flicker on and off faster and faster as the other worldly whispers grew in volume and intensity. Finnegan the orange haired rookie, clenched his teeth and poured all of his focus on the mental image of the village that was saved in his memory. The whispers reached an ungodly apex before suddenly coming to a silence, the lights in the room suddenly shut off, thrusting Private Finnegan in pure utter darkness. He felt his whole body suddenly displaced from his current location, put in a void which depraved him from all of his fives senses before he felt him self shunted into a new location. Private Finnegan still had his eyes closed but he felt the change in temperature on his skin. The soft sound of bird chirping greeted his ears. The smell of the grass and pine lingered in the air. Private Finnegan opened his eyes slowly allowing himself see the village before him. Private Fontaine felt a warm sticky liquid run down his nose, immediately he reached out to wipe it off. As he expected, it was blood. A nauseating wave of pain resonated in his skull, as he felt his vision spin for a few seconds.

"Hoooooly shite.... WOWZERS! Ah feck....FECK!" private Finnegan groaned as he head his head in sheer unadulterated agony for a few seconds. "There she is.....OW..." private Fontaine shook his head as the pain swift subsided just as it quickly came. One the pain had fully subsided he began his short walk towards the village center, where he would briefly speak to a local in order to inquire about the residence of the couple who had placed the search and rescue request for their daughter. Since the village was small, the locals knew each other well and it did not take long for the ginger haired mage to locate the the home of the worried couple. Eventually private Fontaine found himself in front of the home of the concerned parents, he announced his arrival with a set of rhythmic knocks on the front door of their home. It only took a few seconds for the door to swing open. A man and woman, a fairly young married couple. Both parents had a weathered look, it was clear that the two had not been sleeping well. Private Fontaine had expected it, in order to try and alleviate some of the couples worries he gave them a sincere and earnest smile. "Top o' the mornin' to ya both... I am Private Finnegan Fontaine from the Rune Knights. I'm here to find your daughter." Private Fontaine reached out and offered his hand to the man of the house.

"Thank you sir, I'm Drell and this is my wife Meredith." The husband introduced himself and his wife. Private Finnegan nodded at Drell's wife. The couple invited the soldier into their home and served him some tea despite his polite protests. Drell explained the situation to private Fontaine regarding the circumstances that led to the disappearance of their child. Most of the information given by the couple were already disclosed in the intel gathered by H.Q. however, there was one detail that piqued private Finnegan's interest. Apparently, their daughter paying with the other kids in a safe portion of the near by woods playing hide and seek. Perhaps there was an entrance to the cave system where the children were playing, perhaps their daughter found an entrance, wandering or maybe falling into it. Whatever the case, Finnegan thanked the concerned family, and reassured them once more and began his investigation. After talking to the children who saw Drell's and Meredith's daughter last, he was pointed to the general direction where they were playing before the girls disappearance.

Private Finnegan began to search the woods, after a few hours of searching he came to a large oak tree which had thick branches that reached out to the sky. The old tree had thick moss growing in its roots, when he circled around the trunk of the old behemoth, he noticed an opening between the large crawling roots. Private Finnegan channeled mana increasing his senses in order to gaze into the darkness. His sky blue eyes shifted into a purple hue, as he was able to see a small torn ribbon caught in one of the roots. Without wasting any time he plunged into the darkness, the smell of wet earth and wood permeated in the small narrow hole in the ground, Private Fontaine had planned to descend slowly however the ground beneath him gave out and he found himself sliding down into the darkness with no control. "Ah damn it!" Finnegan mumbled as summoned two blades forged from pure etherano, he used his short swords by stabbing them into the dirt slowing himself into a controlled slide. The descant lasted only for a few minuets. The darkness was broken by the faint glow at an opening before the pilgrim. Fin rolled out from the slide into a cave opening that was illuminated by some sort of magical crystals. Fin dusted himself off and began exploring the cave.

A soft sound of dirt and rock scraping echoed in the gave, as Finnegan noticed that the light around him shifted ever so slightly and shadows. He lifted up his gaze to see the crystal formations shuffling. He narrowed his eyes to see what was causing this odd movement. The ginger quickly realized that the crystals were alive, the Stalactites began to crawl down the walls chirping and cooing harmlessly. Finnegan immediately dispelled his arcane blades and knelt down showing the fascinating creatures he meant no harm. One of the stalactites began to approach him cautiously, one of them nuzzled up to Fin's hand, the sharp crystals on its back cut into his gloves and flesh. Fin reeled back instinctively. The creatures backed up equally startled. Realizing they meant no harm, Fin gently pet the small creatures. "Oh it's alright lads... just surprised is all" Fin said softly as he bandaged his hand after petting the small crystal creatures. He got up surprised to see on of the small crystal creature perched on his shoulder, cooing softly. "Hahaha alright my wee little buddy, you can come along." Fin laughed as he continued down the interconnected crystal caves.

After traveling for about half and hour Finnegan, came across another opening. It was a small contained cave biome. Trees that seemed to feed off the light of the naturally growing crystals. A small stream poured into the cave opening that nourished the greenery of the the portion of the cave. The sight was beautifully illuminated by the crystals, as Fin walked he stepped onto a twig. A loud audible snap echoed in the naturally occurring chamber. A growl came from behind Fin as he slowly turned to see a crystal fox baring it's fangs. Fin raised his arms up slowly backing up trying not to antagonize the fox. However, the creature lurched forward clamping it's jaws into Private Fontaines forearm. Fin grit his teeth as he fell wrestling with the creature, the crystals growing on the Fox's body dug into the ginger flesh, cutting into him causing blood to be drawn from his veins. Fin recalled the words of his superior, he was not to harm these creatures. Fin began to pet the creature gently as he allowed the fox to bite into him. Fin grit his teeth and tanked the pain. "There lad... I mean no harm..." Fin said in a shaky voice. The Gemstone fox's jaws loosened and whined as if apologizing. Fin smiled and gently gave the fox a pat. "It's alright... I ain't mad at you... ahaha" Fin laughed, he winced as the looked down at his wound. The fox licked wound as if trying to nurse Finnegan's wounds. Fin smiled softly and began to bandage himself. Once he finished disinfecting the wound and dressing it properly he showed the fox. He opened and closed his hand and waved his arm slowly as if showing to the creature that he was fine. The little crystal creature from earlier appeared again and perched itself on Fin's shoulder. The fox yipped excited and ran around Private Finnegan. "Hm? you wanna come along too laddie? Alright come on along haha." Fin chuckled as he got up and began to head down further deeper into the cave structure.

After another hour or so the cave began to open up once more into a huge cavern, decorated by massive crystals. It almost seemed to be a huge throne room of sorts. Fin stopped noticing a figure ahead, it was the missing girl asleep. Fin began to approach when the he heard a voice resonate in the crystal cavern. "Do not step any further human. This child is under my protection" a crystal Fairy floated down placing herself in between Fin and the lost girl. "Well how ya, I am Private Finnegan Fontaine. A soldier from one of the human cities. I was sent here on behalf of this child's parents. I simply wish to bring her back home to her worried family." Finnegan explained.

"A soldier?" The fairy said defensively, Fin could feel the razor sharp crystals all across the cavern point towards his direction. Finnegan remained calm, slowly raising his arms in surrender. "Aye. That is true. If I may present you proof of my commission." Finnegan said. the fairy narrowed her eyes clearly on guard. Finnegan nodded and thanked the crystal guardian, presenting a photo of the child and her parents. The fox and the crystal stalactite chirped and yipped. The fairy looked at fin curiously. These two claim you did not harm them, nor any of the denizens under my control... quite peaceful method for a soldier of man." The fairy said cautiously. By this time the child woke up "hello...." the child said meekly. "Hi there lass... I'm here to take you home, your mommy and daddy have been worried..." Fin said softly as he glanced up to the crystal fairy. The fairy turned to the small human child and showed her the photo. "This is your parents yes?" the fairy inquired, the child nodded eagerly. The fairy then turned to Fin and stepped tot he side allowing the ginger haired Rune Knight to approach the child. "Very well, be sure to take her home safely... I will have my subjects lead you out of my domain..." the fairy said as she waved her hand and the fox yipped excitedly as if understanding the command. Fin bowed "Thank you for caring for the child. You have my word i shall bring her home safely." Fin said as she picked up the child. After allowing the child to say her goodbye to her new crystal friends, the ginger haired soldier took the child back home. The mission concluded with a wonderful success. The reuniting of a family without disturbing the sacred crystal grounds.

WC: 2,648 words [B-Rank Job Complete]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:59 pm