Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I made too much. Please Help me.

Fin
    Fin

Player 
    Lineage : Excitavit Tetria Oculus
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : N/a
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Serilda Sinclair (Current) Vanessa Scáthach (Former)
    Experience : 2,282

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fool's Arcanum
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

I made too much. Please Help me.  Empty I made too much. Please Help me.

Post by Fin 3rd December 2022, 9:40 pm

The crunching of leaves underfoot, the pleasant breeze weaving through the maze of tree's. The wilderness was Fin's element, a place of peace and familiarity. Wearing a warm winters cloak, his crimson red scarf fluttered behind him as he marched through the forrest. Eventually he found his way into an open clearing. "Well this looks good. Alrighty then lets get er crackin" Fin said as he rubbed his hands together. He snapped his fingers tearing a small rift through the fabrics of reality, he reached into the portal and pulled out various sorts of cooking utensils and ingredients. The last item he retrieved from his dimensional vault was a large salmon. "okaaaay.... what am I gonna cook up..." Fin paused and though for moment when suddenly his face lit up. A smile curled upon his lips as he snapped his fingers as an idea came to him.

He quickly got to work, cutting away herbs, onions, and garlic. He then proceeded to swiftly and accurately fillet the salmon. He then coated the fish with the herbs and went about to sauté the garlic and onions into some unsalted butter in a pan. He then tossed in a few aromatics in the butter. Once that was done he took a cooking brush and began coating the salmon with the butter, using it as a binding agent for the seasoning he put on the fish. Once he was satisfied with the results he wrapped up the fish in tinfoil and placed on a mobile lacrima power grill. Tossing apple wood into the fire to build up some smoke, he closed the grill to allow the salmon to smoke and cook. He then began making some dough for a garlic bread of sorts. He also got to work on a french onion soup. In a hour or so Fin had put together a delicious albeit large meal, he stepped back and admired his work.

"Oh this looks grand!.... Think I made a bit too much eh?....." Fin hated wasting food, as he sat there wondering what to do with all this food he had just made.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Althea
    Althea

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Eater of Dreams
    Position : Shitposter
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Mura Kensho
    Experience : 3,920

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

I made too much. Please Help me.  Empty Re: I made too much. Please Help me.

Post by Althea 4th December 2022, 8:32 am

althea

word count: 433
    total word count: 786
    tagged: @
    Althea let out a relaxed sigh as she looked up at the forest’s rustling branches. Although the temperate forest was far from the snowy, mountainous lands she grew up in, the blonde could still deeply appreciate her peaceful surroundings. The air was brisk enough that not many people were out and about in Magnolia’s parks, let alone the forest that lay just east of the town. However, that just made this place perfect for her to hang out around in. No need to worry about someone recognizing her or running into other people from Fairy Tail, out here it was just her and nature.

Well, at least that’s what she assumed until she picked up the scent of something... delicious. Swiveling her head towards its source, Althea could see smoke rising above the trees. Someone’s set a fire? Could it be that smell is the well-cooked remains of the local wildlife? Of course, there was always the chance that someone was harnessing the power for something other than destroying the natural world. But since she didn’t have anything much better to do, the spirit opted to go quietly check things out. Just to be careful, she entered a pseudo-spiritual state, rendering herself invisible to the naked eye and difficult to detect through anything other than magical methods.

However, any need to worry was immediately dashed the moment she drew closer, the fragrant aroma filling the air. Her amber eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a ginger-haired man cooking in the middle of the forest. Even though she was already imperceptible through any traditional means, the Fairy Tail mage crouched in some bushes on the outskirts of the clearing, carefully observing his work. It wasn’t that she was curious about what the alluring, scrumptious scent coming from the grill would end up being… it was just that… he might start a fire… maybe…

It took a while, but Althea’s patience was rewarded handsomely. A crisp, tantalizing fish emerged. Truly, it was a seducing sight. Everything about its delectable form was calling her name, and the smell was absolutely heavenly. And after hearing the man’s mention of there being too much food for him to eat alone, well, let’s just say that any reservations she held were immediately blown away.

Exiting her pseudo-spiritual state, she crawled out of the bushes on all fours. “I can help with that.” She said in a cool, disinterested voice before standing to her feet, brushing off the dirt and leaves clinging to her clothes. But despite that, her eyes were burning with a desire to consume.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 4th December 2022, 9:21 am

"Ah, the lord!" Fin yelped after getting startled by the sudden appearance of the blonde stranger. He watched as the girl crawled out ofd the bush like some sort of animal, he got a good look once she stood up and dusted herself off. The girl was beautiful, almost princess like in her appearance. His azure colored eyes made eye contact with hers. It was quite obvious she was hungry as well. Fin cleared his throat regaining his composure. "Right... uh how ya... me names Finnegan, call me Fin.... and uh go on and help yourself." Fin was quite the polar opposite of the blondie, his demeanor was welcoming and warm, while the girls was far more reserved and shut off. He handed the blonde mage a hand carved wooden plate and bowl, along with a spoon and fork also hand carved. He then proceeded to load up the girls plate with food. First he filled her bowl with the soup, then he placed a huge slice of bread on her plate with a heaping pile of smoked salmon.

"OH! Before ya go eatin' lemme just add one more thing" Fin said excited as he snapped his fingers and held out his hand. The space around his hand warped as a rift appeared before the ginger-haired mage. The portal was pitch black. The darkness from within the rift almost seemed to consume the light as the area around his immediate vicinity, causing the day light around him dimming ever so slightly. Fin pulled out a jar of sorts as he closed the rift. He opened the jar and took a serving spoon, and plopped a spoon full of a white creamy cheese of sorts. "It's a cream cheese, seasoned with onion and chives... it goes great with the salmon... if you want some heat, I've also got some cream cheese seasoned with some chili flakes." Fin said cheerfully as he began to load his plate with food as well. As he did so, he kept glancing at the pretty face of the mysterious stranger.

"I don't want to be rude and all, but if you don't mind me askin'.... what might your name be?" Fin inquired as he took as seat, and gestured to and vacant old tree stump next to him."And what might a pretty girlie like you is doin' all alone in the woods?" Fin asked a follow up question in hopes to get a conversation going. He was worried that he'd have to eat in awkward silence with a complete stranger. So, Fin decided to take a gander and start some small talk. After all, Fin was always excited to make new friends.

Althea
    Althea

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Althea 6th December 2022, 1:48 am

althea

word count: 448 / 881
    total word count: 1,680
    tagged: @
    The ginger seemed surprised at Althea’s sudden appearance, but quickly collected himself and offered up an introduction. She was far from keen on getting to know this stranger, but the plate, bowl, and utensils he offered immediately wiped away any apprehension. She would've eaten with her bare hands if she needed to, but the inclusion of a seemingly hand-crafted fork and spoon certainly helped. After all, that entire meal was just sitting there, ripe for eating. And as he already mentioned beforehand, there was no way he’d be able to finish it on his own. And thus, she watched with bated breath as Fin heaped a pile of delectable, savory goodness onto her plate.

She was about to start shoveling things into her mouth before the generous stranger suddenly opened a rift in space, the youth taking note of the distinctly odd way it split through the fabric of reality. Hmm, this distortion… Is that even magic? As she gazed at the pitch-black portal, she couldn’t help but narrow her eyes slightly. The longer Althea spent inspecting it, the more… unnatural it felt. As a spirit with a domain related to reality, she could sense that the energy it emitted didn’t ‘belong’ in Earthland. However, before she could look any further, the mysterious phenomenon disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. Whatever it was, Fin appeared extremely casual about pulling sour cream out of it, so Althea really had no room to complain or express any concern.

Much more pressing and relevant was the grand meal in her hands. Soup, salmon, bread, and a newly added dollop of sour cream…! Althea couldn’t help but drool at the sight. “No. This is fine.” She replied to his offer for an alternative condiment. He likely would’ve retrieved it from that dark portal of his, giving her another opportunity to try identifying the slightly hair-raising phenomenon. But truthfully, she was much more inclined to just enjoy the free meal than pry into the matters of others.

However, one thing she wasn’t nearly as open to was the promise of a conversation alongside her eating. Althea didn’t hide her displeasure, visibly frowning in annoyance when Fin asked for her name. Still, it wouldn’t be appropriate to just run away, so she begrudgingly took a seat on the stump next to him. “Althea.” She took a sip of soup before continuing to speak, letting the warmth of it spread through her mouth. Evidently, her aversion to a discussion was rightfully beaten out by her desire for food. “I’m in this forest because I prefer it over being in town. That’s all.”  The spirit said curtly before turning her attention back to her food.

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 9th December 2022, 11:56 pm

Fin shoveled some food into his mouth, silently chewing as he intently listened to the girl speak. After swallowing the delicious burst of flavors in his mouth, Fin spoke up once again. “Althea, wonderful name. Very pretty name for a pretty gal haha…. Well a pleasure to meet ya.” Fin chuckled, he meant his words as a genuine compliment and not in a way of flirting.

He nodded at the statement in regards to her preference for the woods rather than the bustling town. Growing up in the lush wilderness of seven, Fin had learned to respect nature and its gifts. Seeing towns full of life and cities that were massive in scale, were all fascinating to the Sevenite. However, there was nothing like being in the arms of mother nature, though she could be a cruel mistress her beauty was always uncontested.

“Aye… I’ll have to agree with you on that lass. So how do you like the food?” Fin inquired as he wondered what kind of feedback the mistress of the bush could give him. Cooking was one of Fin’s passions, growing up in an orphanage and having younger siblings, he had learned how to be proficient in his culinary skills at a young age.

Once again two portals opened like the maws of some sort of creatures from the deep. From the said portals appeared at an empty stump between Fin and Althea. A thermostat and two plastic cups. Fin nodded over to the cup and as he chewed through some smoked salmon and bread. He cleared his throat and spoke. “If ya feelin’ thirsty, that over there is iced tea, made out of ground tea leaves from Ca-Elum, a special type of lemon-lime fruit from a specific region of the northern parts of Dongxia, and fresh mint to add extra freshness to the beverage. Sweetened with special honey from a village in Seven. Quite refreshing. ” Fin said in a nonchalant tone as if his culinary brilliance was a common skill most people had. “Very refreshing, goes well with this savory meal we’re havin” Fin smiled and nodded at approval of his own statement.

Fin enjoyed cooking for people, and he enjoyed eating with people as well. It was integral for his family and the people of his village. He recalled all the wonder times they would sit down during the season feasts, everyone gathered at the village center. Each family brung their own signature dishes during those festivities. His mind momentarily fuzzing after downing cocktail of nostalgia and melancholy.

Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Althea 16th December 2022, 7:16 am

althea

personal total: 1,410
    thread total: 2,633
    As Althea was chowing down on the delicious meal, Fin paid her a few compliments. Even if he had meant it in a more suggestive way, there was no way she of all people would notice. “Thanks. The name Finnegan is pretty. Your face is also pretty.” She replied matter-of-factly — almost robotically —and paid back the praise. But while the act was motivated by a desire to be polite to the person actively feeding her, the statement itself wasn’t just lip service. Althea didn't have a refined aesthetic palette, but even she could recognize and appreciate a nice-sounding name and good-looking face. Either way, she wasn’t the type to say things without meaning them.

However, when she was asked for her take on the food, coming up with an answer wasn’t as simple as it was before. Althea couldn’t steal the right words from Fin’s own, so she’d have to mull it over for a few moments, taking a break from eating to place a hand on her chin while carefully inspecting her meal. Finally, after much deliberation, she had an answer: “I like it.” The response was perfect. Short and to the point. No fluff, fat, or needless prattle. Just a straightforward culmination of her opinion. Honestly, she couldn’t help but be impressed that her ability in a social situation like this one hadn't been hindered by all that time she spent never talking to anyone... other than herself.

Althea moved to once again resume her mid-forest meal, intent on taking a bite of the juicy salmon still in her bowl— that is until Fin once again opened one of those odd portals of his. The sudden reappearance of the ‘unnatural’ power instinctively made her resume her inspection of it. She didn't make a hobby of prying into the matters of someone else’s magic or abilities, but when the opportunity was right in front of her, she couldn’t help herself. More than just being unnatural, it’s actively violating the ‘rules’ set by this world just by existing. The portal definitely isn't some simple space magic. Sigh, this is a bit of a headache to figure out. Where is that energy coming from, and how was this random man she met in the forest harnessing it?

She was so laser-focused on cracking the mystery that she almost forgot to acknowledge Fin’s words. “Hm? Tea? Okay.” Althea muttered, absent-mindedly pouring herself a cup. And upon taking a sip, any thoughts of mystery and otherworldly powers flew right out of her head. The spirit was already a big fan of cool beverages (she once had this whole thing with juice, but we don’t talk about that anymore), but Fin wasn’t kidding when he said it was refreshing. So, she hastily memorized all the countries and locations he had listed, intent on hunting down the ingredients on her own time during one of her wanderings. Still, while she was at it, Althea might as well ask about the other parts of the food. “Where did you get the other ingredients used in this meal? The bread, the soup, the everything.” Her expression was still stoic, but her eyes were serious.

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 22nd December 2022, 11:19 pm

Fin laughed at the girls compliment, she was an odd young woman. He couldn't put his finger on it but she almost gave an otherworldy aura to her. It piqued the warding sevenite's interest. Seeing that his new acquaintance was enjoying the meal that he had prepared warmed his heart. It reminded him of the many times he would sit at a table with his siblings enjoying meal they had all worked together to prepare. The ginger headed mage noticed how Althea would stare whenever he used his magic, perhaps she was curious. Even if the girl asked about the origin of his magic and it functions, Finnegan wasn't sure if he could give her a satisfying explanation. After all despite being his own unique magic, he had little information how it worked and how he even came to be able to use it. It was almost as if someone or something had erased a portion of his memory, however, try as he may Fin could not find any anomalies in his past or his memories. Perhaps He was simply over thinking things, rather than getting caught up in the mystery of his arcane abilities, Fin decided it best to take it one day at the time. Sure enough, in the short few months he had discovered his new abilities, he had slowly gained a some proficiency over it. Though he was far from mastering these mysterious powers, the mage had steeled himself to figure things out at his own pace. There was no use in fretting over details and questions he couldn't answer at the moment.

This moment of arcane reflection made Fin curious at the girls abilities. Granted, being a Pilgrim, he had traveled all over Earthland. He's been to nations where the arcane populace was almost nonexistent, and others teeming with magic potential in every citizen. Considering they were in Fiore, chances of this woman before him having magical abilities was quite high. Allowing his curiosity to get the best of him Fin narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, allowing his mana to course through his eyes. His sky blue Iris' would darken to a purple hue, giving it some sort of phantasmal glow. The Pilgrim was right, Althea was powerful, her mana abundant and vast like the sea. A tinge of excitement jolted through his spine, it was always treat to see powerful warriors and mages. For Fin, it was a great humbling experience that reminded him he had long way to go should he wish to prove himself as a true warrior. Not wishing to pry any further, Finnegan blinked and his eyes returned to their natural sky blue hue.

"Well its a long list, but considerin' that I ain't be goin any time soon, I'll be more than happy to tell ya."
    Fin nodded, he paused as if a thought had apparated in his mind. "But why don't I write the recipe for you, along with where I got all the ingredients." Fin smiled as he reached into his coat pocket and produced a small worn out leather journal. Began scribbling and speaking at the same time. "The salmon was caught by yours truly, up in the northern coast of Fiore. Rivers are teeming with them since many are swimming upstream for mating season. Now the herbs I bought from spice trader at Dongxia. The bread, bread was made from ground grains from a type of wheat indigenous to Desierto. Annnd the soup made out of special root, and onion of sorts, that grows in the land of Minstrel. The butter from a special wooly cow from Iceberg made specifically in small nomadic tribe. The rest ya find in your local grocery store. In fact you can most certainly find suitable substations for these ingredients at said local grocery story. I just like meshing different cultures and ingredients together to make a melting pot of deliciousness. Really shows how grand things could be if everyone got along together just like all the different ingredients do hahaha" Fin chuckled as he gently tore out the page from his journal and handed it to Althea.

"I included detailed instructions on how make everything, including the tea. Quite simple really haha" Fin nodded as he poured himself a cup of iced tea.

Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Althea 1st January 2023, 4:07 pm

althea

personal total: 1,912
    thread total: 3,850
    As Althea was engrossed in the extremely daunting task of eating slowly enough to have time to enjoy the food, she couldn’t help but feel a slight prickling sensation spread across her skin. The blonde's instincts were telling her that someone was ‘evaluating’ her. Lo and behold, she glanced up to see Fin gazing at her, his eyes giving off a strange, supernatural glow. However, the spirit wouldn’t say anything, instead turning her attention back to quietly sipping her soup. She’d usually interpret such flagrant poking into her affairs as an invitation for conflict, but Althea had done much of the same earlier with his portals. After all, she’d acted on her curiosity, so it’d only be fair to afford the chef some leeway. But that didn’t mean she still wasn’t peeved by the prying. If he sized her up one more time, Althea would be giving him a small demonstration of the magic he was so curious about. To a reasonable degree, of course.

Either way, there were other pressing matters to be concerned with. This plate of food that she was getting closer and closer to finishing, the next meal she’d be eating after this one, and, most importantly, those ingredients she asked for. Fin finished droning off the lengthy list of fish, spices, blah blah blah and handed her the note containing all relevant information. She couldn’t help but feel exhilarated as she took the paper, amber eyes glittering subtlety. However, that joy quickly ebbed away as Althea went over the list again.

“...I can't do this.” It hadn’t fully sunk in until seeing everything in writing, but she didn’t know what half these places were. The iced tea and spices were from Dongxia… but what was that? Maybe it was a town in Fiore she’d never heard of…? And Minstrel sounded more like an ice cream flavor to her than a place. Oh, maybe she should have some for dinner later? Anyways, Fin had called the instructions simple, but just reading them made Althea dizzy. She failed to even use one of those sandwich press grills, so cooking instructions were far out of her realm of comprehension. And what were all these numbers doing in here?? Food wasn’t made out of numbers…

Yeah, there was no hope of Althea ever making this meal on her own.

“I’m sorry for even asking you to write this in the first place. You seem to already have it memorized, but I’ll make sure this paper doesn’t go to waste.” She let out a disheartened sigh, crumpling up the paper before… tossing it right into her mouth and gulping it down without even chewing first. “While I was young, I used to eat tree bark during times when other sources of food were scarce. Paper should be similar.” She said with the same cold, disinterested expression as before. Really, it was a situation that satisfied both parties: Fin’s work wasn’t wasted, and she got paper in her digestive tract. A win-win.

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 6th January 2023, 12:05 am

Finnegan watched the excitement of Althea fade after reading through his ingredients. Perhaps he wasn't clear enough, his eyebrows then raised up partially from curiosity and shock as he watched the blondie crumple the piece of paper and eat it. He sat there spoon in hand as the bit of salmon slowly began to slide off the eating utensil to plop back onto the his bowl. He blinked a couple of times trying to process what just happened. It wasn't the first time he saw something so odd happen, but the sheer randomness of her action coming from left field nonetheless stunned the Seventite man. Eventually he regained his bearing and replayed the girls words and expression once again in his mind. He came to the conclusion she wasn't adept in cooking, nor did she realize there were plenty of substitutes that can be bought in the local grocery store and market which could produce equally delicious results. He scratched his head and thought of what to say, but his words were still tangled in the web of shock and confusion. Fin then took a deep breath, shook his head, and gave himself a hard smack on the cheek to wake himself up.

"Alriiighty then!" Fin said suddenly as if trying to push back whatever thoughts he had away, he reeled himself back to the present through sheer will. "Sorry, I get it's a bit complicated.... I just got me self carried away is all lass... alright how about I make a proposition for you then girlie? If you don't mind, when ever you and I are free, why don't I whip somethin' out for you? Teach you bit by bit how to make some of the dishes I know myself. That way eventually you'll be able to do it yourself? I'm sure you're more than capable in doin it. 'sides it ways more fun to have company when you're sharin' a delicious meal yeah?" Fin smiled sweetly as he began packing up some of the dirty dishes away. He then turned to meet her gaze with his ocean blue eyes. "If you want we can go huntin' for some ingredients too whenever you're free. A little adventure with you and I?" Fin inquired as he continued to clean up the area around his makeshift campsite.

He would then go over to bag and produce a container and began filling it with the left overs, packing it neatly before handing it to Althea. "Here you can take the left overs since you seemed to enjoy it haha." Fin smiled as he gestured her to go ahead and take the free food. "You're an interestin' individual, wanna be friends?" Fin asked eagerly as he sat himself back down on a log adjacent to where Althea sat.

Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Althea 8th January 2023, 8:36 am

althea

personal total: 2,452
    thread total: 4,855
    For some reason, Fin seemed to be confused by Althea’s act of recycling his note. And the longer his reaction was delayed, the more disoriented she became in turn. Did she do anything wrong? Merely eating some useless scraps of paper wouldn’t typically call for such a response, right? Maybe the paper production system had changed in recent years, and he was surprised that she would so willingly consume something well-known to be toxic? No, that couldn’t be the case. Fin should already be familiar with the levels of magic power she possessed from his earlier probing. Ordinary toxins couldn’t do anything to the spirit as she was now. At this point, Althea had spent long enough being perplexed that it’d be nothing but a bother to continue having the phrase ‘What did I do?’ running through her head on loop. However, she still wasn’t willing to simply ignore what could be a potential folly on her part. There were a plethora of things she still needed to learn and get reaccustomed to when it came to interacting with others, and while she had zero intentions of talking to people regularly, communication was integral in her line of work. Maybe he had other intentions for the note? No, that doesn’t sound right, it was for my use in the first place…

Whatever it was, Fin didn’t seem to have any intention to elaborate. Instead, he opted to literally smack himself into focus, apologize for… something, and skillfully move on. Althea would still take some time later to try and decode where her misstep lay, but that could be saved for later. What the chef had to say next was much more of a concern. Listening to his words with cold indifference, the spirit monotonously cycled her spoon from bowl to mouth and back again. However, her gaze only grew frostier with time. And as Fin held out the leftovers, she simply stared at them without uttering a single word or moving to accept the container. Finally, after a few moments of silence, she spoke.

“No. I refuse.” Her voice was cold and resolute as she stood up from the stump, placing her now empty bowl in the same place as she’d been sitting. “I’ll clarify. First of all, I have no desire to be friends with you.” She crossed her arms, her cold, half-glare shifting to the leftovers she was offered. “While I’m thankful for the free meal, I only ate with you to be polite. Don’t overstep my boundaries.” Althea moved her gaze back to Fin. “Secondly, I reject the invitation to ‘adventure’ with you. Frankly speaking, your company would be nothing but an annoyance to me.” She closed her eyes, deliberating for a moment before continuing. “However, I won’t say no to… those ‘lessons’ you spoke about. And if we need to go search for ingredients to do that, then it can’t be helped.” It was then that the blonde would finally reach out to take the leftovers, inspecting their container with extreme care before once again raising her head. “But don’t get carried away. This is simply a business arrangement, so expect me to repay you for the meal, leftovers, and lessons. I don’t accept favors.”

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 15th January 2023, 6:59 am

Fin watched the blondie make her cold response. Althea shot the ginger a cold glare, and Fin retaliated with a warm smile that could melt ice. He raised in hands in surrender as he let out a light hearted chuckle, clearly undeterred at the girls response. "Aye Lass. I rescind my offer for friendship." Private Fontaine, after Althea took the left overs he picked her empty bowl. He then walked back to his seat however he did so by walking the long way around giving the blonde girl plenty of space. "I meant no offense lass." Fin said sincerely as he smirked to himself as he listened to her spout about returning the favor. He would set the empty bowl down along with the others before turning to her. "Lass, just sittin' down and sharin' a meal with me is more than enough payment." Finnegan said as he began packing away a few things. He would pause before speaking to Althea again. "Alrighty then.... since we are NOT friends, how about we settle with a couple of occasional traveling compatriots in the pursuit of expanding our culinary knowledge?" Fin mused as he offered an alternative title to their new found relationship as acquaintances. He snapped his fingers and the dirty dishes and cooking utensils vanished into the dark warp of his his mysterious pocket dimension.

"So where you off to after this Althea?" Fin asked as he washed his hands with some soap from a small portable container and the the water from a container. He dried his hands with a towel and tossed it in his bag, before slipping on his signature gloves once more. "If you're not busy with anythin', you're free to tag along with me. I plan to hunt a giant wild boar that lives in these woods. Some local hunters have turned in a report, says the beast is causin' some havoc not only to the hunters but to forrest itself. Two birds, one stone yeah? Get rid of the dangerous giant boar, get some good meat for future meals." Fin chuckled as he slung his rucksack over his shoulder. The sun came down through the canopy of the tree, causing his sea blue eyes to glisten. The breeze that passed through the forrest would cause his crimson red scarf to flutter. "I can teach ya how to whip up a good dish, we get to help some good folks, protect the forrest, AND get a free meal to top it off. Not bad idea huh business partner?" Finnegan chuckled as he turned to look deeper into the forrest. His eyes eager for the adventure that awaits, clearly ready to explore with an companion or alone.

WC: 451 words
    TWC: 5,306 words

Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Althea 10th April 2023, 7:22 pm

althea

personal total: 2,825
    thread total: 5,679
    Fin didn’t seem off put in the slightest by Althea’s cold words of rejection. She wasn’t anticipating him to be hurt by a few jagged remarks from a stranger, but the spirit also wasn’t expecting him to just laugh it off and be so… unbothered. The spirit didn’t possess a grand amount of knowledge about interpersonal communication, but even she knew that smile = happy and glare = angry, and for most people, happy > glare. “You act weird. And talk weird too. Are conversations a form of currency in… wherever you come from?” It sounded far-fetched even to her, but it was a genuine question. Althea sighed, her jagged gaze ebbing away into a tired resignation. It hadn’t been too long since her return to Earthland, but it was an unrealistic expectation to become acquainted with new people. She was a spirit of dreams, but delusions like that could only exist in the realm of imagination. “Call it whatever you want. Just don’t get the wrong idea.” She hoped this new ‘occasional traveling compatriot’ of hers wouldn’t be as much of a headache as she already anticipated him being.

“Okay. I’m free.” Althea replied briefly. Her job as a mercenary allowed her to dictate her own hours, and it wasn’t like she had any pending requests to handle. And after looking at the Fairy Tail job board earlier that same day, she had already failed to find any tasks of interest. Hunting a boar, however, would reward her with yet another meal to devour. Fin could definitely take care of the beast on his own, but Althea would never turn down more free food. Her appetite could be as big as she wanted it to be, and she would have no qualms about consuming the entire boar by herself. Additionally, hunting was an area she had far more expertise than cooking. She stood still for a moment, silently observing Fin stand against the dazzling sun, before deciding upon her next move. “Searching.” Words laced with magic, the spirit’s eyes briefly flashed gold before subtly reverting to their usual amber. Then, she unceremoniously pointed to her right. “The boar should be in that direction. If you didn’t know that already. Let’s go.”

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Fin 15th April 2023, 9:28 pm

"Aye I am even stranger once ya get to know me.... hmmmm you could say that the conversations we be havin' is part of me culture, the place where I grew up in me youth was very community driven.... as funny as it sounds...Yeah... ya could say that conversations could act like some form of currency... in the end of the day you're trading and exchanging ideas.... you buy someones time and attention with words, if your words are meaningless then like some outdated currency, its ultimately useless yeah? Back in my village sometimes you can get ya self a warm meal just having a good conversation with someone." Fin expounded, letting his thoughts materialize via the words he spoke. Fin chuckled as he watch his blonde companion make a haughty remark, it reminded him of the angsty teenagers he watched over back in his small village, he found it quite adorable. Fin's unwavering smile visibly shined even brighter upon hearing Althea's response and willingness to go. He could already tell that the girl was after the meal not the company, he took a mental note regarding how easy it was to sway the blondie with a good meal.

He then watched his traveling companion channel her magical abilities, his sky blue eyes stared when Althea's own eyes ignited to a brilliant gold before fading back to its natural hue. "Impressive." Fin said with smile that indicated respect. He followed suit and narrowed his eyes allowing it to shift into a deep galaxy purple, as he beckoned the void to seep through the cracks of reality. His usual cool bluish color of his mana adopted the same mysterious color that glowed from his eyes. His senses sharpened as if his body was injected with adrenaline. The birds that chirped above ceased their singing, and smaller mammals scurried in hiding clearly avoiding Fin. The rune knight then began making his way towards the direction Althea had gestured too, he adorned his sensory enchantment for a few minutes until he found visible tracks of the animal they were hunting. He then blinked and his mana returned to its normal state. "So.... Althea wanna play game?.... Something called two truths and a lie. Rules are simple. We each take turns saying two true things about ourselves and one lie, the other.... has to guess which is the lie." Fin asked as he navigated through the foliage. Fin was half expecting her to say no, if she declined he would find some other way to get to to talk, Fin had always had a knack of getting people to speak their mind, wether it be out of happy conversation or irritated complaints. Either or, Fin was curious about his cute little golden girl her was wandering the forrest with. He couldn't put his finger on it but she seemed.... she seemed like she was not of this world....

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:28 pm