Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I'll Be Your Auntie

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Gunblade Master
    Second Magic: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Magic:

I'll Be Your Auntie Empty I'll Be Your Auntie

Post by Mercury Arseneault 2nd December 2022, 7:28 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    Now what had dragged him all the way out here, she wondered?

Mercury had always been a curious woman, as well as an exceptionally nosy one. She was constantly digging her fingers into other peoples’ business. Hell, it was pretty much her job – or at least, it had been up until recently. Still, old habits died hard, and as such here she was, out in the middle of the mysterious canyons, trailing after a guildmate that she’d thought for some time was dead.

It had been a relief to see Theo and Aspen alive, though perhaps not quite well. While Mercury wasn’t entirely sure that she could call them friends after all this time (mostly because they’d been missing for so long and the last time they’d seen her she was still hiding her true identity and not allowing herself to get too close to anyone), the other pair of former aces were ones that she had, at the very least, grown to like rather quickly. Theo and Aspen were fairly opposite of one another in terms of personalities, but that didn’t stop them from being particularly close to one another, and they had been very welcoming to her when she was a fresh recruit to the guild. They had a great working relationship, at the very least, and Mercury had greatly enjoyed their company.

As such, their sudden disappearance had been harder on her than she would have ever admitted at the time. And despite the harrowing experiences they had endured while they were gone, having them back was a weight lifted from her shoulders that she’d never known was there. It was a nice reprieve from all the other bullshit that she and Vandrad had been combating as of late.

However, the problem lay in the fact that Theo had thought to tackle this venture on his own. He had always been an eager and excitable young lad that had a lust for adventure that Mercury could intimately identify with. But at the same time, he wasn’t always the most… trained… of individuals. Add to that the fact that she’d recently seen him collapse, and she simply wasn’t comfortable letting him run off into danger alone. Cause frankly, from what she recalled of Theo, he always found danger, whether he wanted to or not.

So Mercury kept a reasonable pace behind him, clad in her tactical suit that was currently keeping her invisible until she would decide it was time to reveal herself. Considering that she was supposed to be dead, being out and about in full view of any onlookers wasn’t exactly an option for her these days. That and, frankly, she was immensely curious as to what had called him out all this way, so far from the guild. So she tailed him silently for now, equally as eager to see what he was up to as she was concerned about his returning to the field, waiting to show her face until an opportune moment.

WORDS: 500 | @Theo
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Theo
    Theo

Player 
    Lineage : Light of Luna
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 6,075

I'll Be Your Auntie Empty Re: I'll Be Your Auntie

Post by Theo 2nd December 2022, 8:51 pm

Theo was blissfully, embarrassingly unaware of Mercury's presence as he went along on his rather distant journey.

Since disembarking from the train ride jokes and singing, the man had farted and giggled about it no less than twice, went digging for gold in his nose, and had several spirited conversations with himself complete with voice acting for the different parts. You know, just Theo things, especially when he thought he was alone.

In fact, he was even more manic when running solo because of the lack of distractions. The small periods of silence that crept in revealed a much more somber, damaged man who, upon arriving at the mysterious canyon, just sat on a rock at its mouth and stared at the dirt until he could psyche himself up to continue on. Theo Silversong was gaslighting himself into being/seeming okay. Just as he incessantly tried to keep his friends happy and laughing, he also attempted to do it to himself. If he didn't, he'd simply go back to the guild and crawl back into his sweaty cocoon of blankets for days, so he rose, put on a smile, and bebopped his way into the weird crack in the earth.

Today's excursion, as he monologued so well in a boisterous narrator's voice, was to get back into the swing of treasure hunting by finding an artifact. "With rumors fresh in his mind, the flashy and handsome treasure hunter of legend uses his expert senses to sniff out the shinies and valuables. A magical artifact of untold power rest somewhere in the dangerous tunnels! What challenges will these rocky walls hold for him? Find out next time, on Silversong Saga!" What was the artifact? No idea, he'd just heard some chatter when he started skulking around in his old circles again for intel. Should he have looked more into it? Of course, but that wasn't his style. He also kept forgetting his body and magic weren't what he was used to. While he was truly gifted at finding what he wanted with very little information, he was also woefully unprepared for the danger. But hey, he always made it out! It was just chaos for a while. No pain, no gain!

"OooOOoOooo~ I'm gonna find treeeeeasure that'll make the draAaaAaaagons jealous~" he sang, wiggling his butt back and forth to some music only he could hear and proceeded to use the same movement as he wriggled himself through a tight crack in the rock wall he felt particularly good about. It was squeezes like these that made the slick tracksuits he loved shine. Fashion and function! "WeeeEEeEEeee don't want no easy tunnel openiiiings because my cooompetition, wHo aRe pOo pOo, has already piiiiilfered theeeemmm~~ hnngh, rrrgh aaaAAaaand the harder ughnph plaaaaces are for eeeeexperts...like MOI~  ACK-"

He popped through the tightest part at the end with some effort and then fell on his face... into a spider web. "IIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" he screeched, thrashing wildly as if being actively face-molested by spirits. Theo did eventually free himself, but he was left panting wildly and extremely freaked out. A hand gripped his chest as he attempted to calm down. "Oh no..." he warbled sadly, moving to rub his sticky web hands on the rock wall. "Spiders... why did it have to be spiders...?"

For a long moment, he stood there, debating whether to turn back. "I should try another tunnel... but what if they're all like this? No, I have a really good feeling about this one... but... the spiders... aw, man... but what if this is the artifact I need?"

The debate went silent and he stared into space. Then suddenly, as if reanimating, his flared nostrils sucked in a breath and he charged deeper into the tunnel. A very slow charge, because there were so many webs.

"They're touching meee-heee-heeee...!!"

[wc: 637 || total: 1137]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'll Be Your Auntie 60709_s
    Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 3rd December 2022, 2:28 pm

Mercury Banner
    Mercury had never, in all of her life, had such a hard time keeping herself under control. Theo had always been a bit of a crackhead, but this was something else entirely. The moment he started monologuing to himself out loud, narrating his journey to himself with all the panache of a theatre major practicing a soliloquy, Mercury had needed to physically restrain herself from snorting out loud. She could only watch as he danced around, creating his own song on the spot and shook his booty quite vigorously to the tune in his head, all while searching for a suitably narrow and difficult passage for him to find his way within the caverns of the canyon in search of whatever artifact it was that he was supposedly searching for.

Having selected one, the Silver Wolf mage promptly proceeded to squeeze himself through, popping out the other side and shrieking at the top of his lungs. Mercury hurried to follow in after him, her petite frame able to slip through the crack with a bit less resistance than he had, only to discover him desperately trying to wipe webs off of himself and complaining about spiders. Shaking her head, Mercury waited a few minutes to see what he would do next, the black haired man standing there in some kind of internal debate about how to proceed. When he did speak aloud again, he lamented over the choice between having to press forward with spiders almost certainly within his future, commenting that he could just find a different cavern, but this was the one he had a good feeling about and there was nothing to say the other caverns wouldn’t be equally as infested.

Sucking it up, he elected to press forward, attempting to charge through the webs before he could lose his nerve only to find his speed hindered from the webs. Unable to contain her amusement any longer, Mercury finally sputtered out a laugh, the noise reverberating off the walls. Her cloaking dropped as she revealed herself fully, and through small fits of giggling she informed him, “Theo, I can’t even begin to explain how much I have missed having you around.”

With a mischievous little grin, she used her magic to summon a long pole made of metal, offering it to him. “Might I suggest clearing the webs away before throwing yourself into them? No need to turn yourself into a willing snack…” Then, her grin settled down into her trademark smirk as she simply looked at him. “So! Is Aspen aware that you ran off to do a job on your own? I can’t imagine she would be too thrilled about that…”

WORDS: 446/946 | @Theo
    Serilda Sinclair

Theo
    Theo

Player 

Post by Theo 5th December 2022, 6:25 am

By the time she spoke, he was already covered head to toe in spiderwebs to the point that he was starting to look like some sort of crying mummy in a tomb, but that didn't keep his whining self from losing his absolute crap right there in a spider-infested tunnel.

"AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Well, if anything had missed all the noise he'd been making already, they were definitely aware of the treasure-hunting interloper now! Perhaps if he hadn't been screaming and convulsing into the wall, he'd had heard the distant chattering of insect legs.

"SCARING THE GUY WITH THE BAD HEART?!" he screeched, the intensity of his fear causing loose lips syndrome. So much for that secret, but he wasn't even aware that he'd spilled it yet as he coughed and sputtered like an old man with a bum ticker. "CRUEL! I-I HOPE YOUR SOCKS ARE ALWAYS MOIST FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" He stared between whoever the heck had snuck up on him and the pole, the cogs in his brain slowly ticking away. A rival hunter? A thief? Something worse... both?

"Oh, it's you, Mercury!" Theo suddenly grinned, his whole attitude abruptly swinging to the other end of the spectrum once he recognized her. Nearly scaring him back into the hospital was forgiven and forgotten in an instant. He took the pole from her with interest, as if it was some genius idea to clear the webs to prevent getting caught in them, though it did little for the ones coating his front. Now that he thought about it, he totally could have used the knife he packed! But this was longer and better though late.

"She didn't send you?" he asked, both hopeful and sheepish. The silly jello man huffed a relieved sigh, switching from rubbing his chest to the back of his head. "No, I didn't tell her. She was busy and I... uh... didn't want her to know. Y'know, so she wouldn't feel like she had to come with me."

It was a half-truth. The only reason he didn't want her to come with him was that he was keeping the severity of his issues as secret as possible. Theo didn't want anyone to worry, especially not Aspen (she had enough to worry about). She knew he'd been in the hospital and that it was something to do with his heart, but other than being notably weaker than before, Theo was doing a decent job at masking how dire his situation was. The days when Big D was a full power were easy, but it fluctuated often enough and without warning that he knew two things; he was a potential burden to everyone and eventually the demonic magic keeping him alive would fail altogether. He was dying. Again.

Theo Silversong needed a magical miracle.

"Soooo...." the shiny enthusiast started, a little confused and awkward. If Aspen didn't send her, why was his aunt-who-didn't-know-she-was-his-aunt here? While his brain was a little damaged and very derpy, sometimes it connected dots presented in surprising but plausible ways. At least for the moment, Theo was starting to wonder if she was here to hit on him. Alone in a tight cave together? What other reason could it be? This was the worst reason!

"Did someone else send you to... help me, then?"

[wc: 552 || total: 2135]

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 11th December 2022, 6:50 pm

Mercury Banner
    The bad heart?

Well, that was concerning, though Mercury hid it well for the moment. Her mind was already racing to factor the knowledge into her other equations, comparing it against other things she’d observed of him since his return. He shrieked his fear at the voice in the dark, placing upon her a curse of wet sock before opening his eyes and realizing it was her. In an instant, his mannerism pulled a complete one eighty, the young man grinning up a storm and greeting her by name, already completely forgetting his anger and his fear.

He took the pole that Mercury offered him to help with the webbing, and the ace inquired about Aspen’s knowledge of his little quest. Theo asked if his friend had sent Mercury to help him, and she smirked at him. “Pretty sure she would have just followed you here herself, rather than send someone in her stead. You two have always been rather attached at the hip, even before I met either of you.” A bit sheepishly, he admitted that he had not told Aspen, stating that he hadn’t wanted her to know about the trip, supposedly to save his friend the hassle of feeling obligated to join him.

Mercury might have believed that, had she not heard him blurt out the rather concerning statement regarding his heart only a moment ago. He was telling the truth, but she would have bet money it wasn’t the full truth. “Well..” she drawled slowly, giving him a playful grin. “I suppose I could be bribed to keep this our little secret.” She was teasing of course, and that much would be clear by the grin on her face, the purple haired woman not planning on actually asking anything of him for her silence on the matter.

As the pair started picking their way further into the tunnel, knocking webs out of the way, he pried to find out if anyone had sent her. “No, I came of my own choice. You two were gone for quite some time, and now you’re hopping right back into things without much turn around. I suppose I… am just a bit concerned over both of your well beings.”

She stopped, holding out her hand to signal for him to wait, her eyes focused on something deeper into the tunnel. Swapping her vision to night mode, Mercury zoomed in upon the spot where her radars informed her that several somethings were approaching. Based on their surroundings, it was safe to assume…

“Spiders. Ten of them, straight ahead and coming in hot.” Mercury withdrew Mercy from her hip, the oversized pistol pointed out as she began blasting. The creatures shrieked when struck, dropping dead to the ground as their legs curled stiffly around their abdomens. They might have been more of a challenge had Mercury not been able to sense their approach, but with sufficient advanced warning, the group was fairly simple for her and Theo to dispatch. When the last spider fell, Mercury slowly lowered her weapon, her gaze still ahead for the moment as though searching to make sure there weren’t more.

Then, she turned to Theo with a curious, concerned frown. “What did you mean earlier? About having a bad heart? Does that have anything to do with when you fell over the other day..?”

WORDS: 557/1503 | @Theo
    Serilda Sinclair

Theo
    Theo

Player 

Post by Theo 14th December 2022, 2:36 am

"Awwww... how sweeeeet!" Theo cooed, rubbing his own cheeks and wiggling around. She came just because she was concerned? How nice of her! "You're so nice Au-- Mercury! But I'm fine, I promise-"

The warm and fuzzy moment was ruined by what plagued every nook and cranny of this strange planet called Earthland. Monsters. In this case, some of the worst ones. "Spiders?! Already?!?!" Theo barked, genuinely shocked as if his unfettered screams hadn't been what lured them.

If Mercury had expected him to be helpful with those spiders, she would be super surprised. He was utterly horrified by her announcement of their arrival, even more horrified when they drew near, and super grossed out as they exploded into squidgy goo. Out of the ten, he had encased one in jello and batted it deeper into the tunnel with the pole she'd given him.

"Yeesh..." he grimaced once the fighting was done, poking an arachnid carcass with the staff and yelping when it rocked a little due to its roundness. Part of this was due to his overwhelming Theoness, but the other was a bit of a show to hopefully distract her from his labored breathing and underwhelming display of strength. The Theo she'd known-- the one who was quirky and accident-prone but always knew when to get serious to save himself and others-- appeared to be gone. The power level she'd sensed from him prior to his disappearance had waned to half of what it was, if not even less. He'd fallen far in the aftermath of his lengthy hospitalization.

It didn't work.

Ah, rats. Caught by her expert detective skills! As if he hadn't just blurted it out earlier.

"I-" he started, the first impulse being to lie. "Haha! It's no big deal!" But he was bad at it... and it made him feel bad. He chewed on his words. "Er, that's not... It wasn't... I didn't..."

Theo heaved a big sigh. He was really going to have to bribe her after this, wasn't he?

"Okay, yeah... kinda..." he finally fessed up, seeming none-too-happy about it. He forced a sheepish smile, then heaved another heavy sigh. "Sometimes the magic putters out for some reason and there's... well, there's nothing to keep pumping my blood."

Conveniently, he left out exactly what kind of magic was at work holding his battered body together. Not only because he was still ashamed, but because speaking of Big D seemed to sorta... summon him. A 'speak of the devil and he'll appear' kind of deal. And Big D was a Big Jerk.

Since the cat was out of the bag, he slowly slid down the tunnel wall to sit on the sticky floor for a rest. Theo got tired so quickly in this condition. Dropping some of the mask, the man truly looked weary. It was like a glass being held together by duct tape personified. "Please don't tell her," he begged, very serious and quiet. He meant Aspen, though it applied to Leona as well. Really, it applied to everyone. If he disappeared one day, he wanted them to assume he was fine and living the exciting life of a treasure hunter, not laying dead in a ravine somewhere.

[wc: 537 || twc: 3229]

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 16th December 2022, 1:37 pm

Mercury Banner
    Well, Theo wasn’t exactly a whole lot of help with the spiders, only managing to trap one of the ten inside a ball of gelatine and pushing it away from him with the pole. Mercury couldn’t sense magic in the same traditional sense that Earthlanders did, though she had her own means for measuring it, so it was hard to miss the fact that he seemed… weak. Or at the very least, not as strong as she’d seen him be in the past. Was his heart condition so bad that it was effecting his abilities as a mage, she wondered, as she blasted spider after spider into splatters of goo.

Once the immediate threat was out of the way, Mercury posed her question, asking him outright about what he’d said regarding his heart condition. At first Theo faltered and tried to brush it off, attempting to make it sound less serious than it was – which of course, didn’t work at all on Mercury, who simply continued to look at him with a patient but expectant raised brow. Finally, with a sigh, he relented and opened up a bit more about the truth. According to him, his magic power was starting to run out, and the way he spoke made it sound like he needed his magic in order to keep his blood pumping.

Mercury’s expression furrowed into a slight frown. She’d never know that Theo relied on magic to stay alive. It seemed like a strange thing for someone as nosy as Mercury was to not know, particularly when she and Theo and Aspen had worked so closely together for quite some time. But then again, Theo was a lot like Mercury herself. Always a bit on the happy go lucky side, but almost never talking about himself or his past. She imagined something like that wasn’t something she’d have been able to find on the lacrinet anywhere, no matter how deeply she searched. He’d never mentioned it, and there had never been a reason for her to suspect there was an issue so she’d never asked.

She watched as he slid wearily to the ground, clearly needing some kind of rest. Theo asked her not to tell “her”... which Mercury could only assume meant Aspen, though in this instance it was fair to say that he really didn’t want anyone to know. The ace regarded him quietly for a moment. “Not my business to tell,” she finally said, stepping over and sitting down slowly next to him. “Though, it’s only a matter of time before she figures it out on her own. She’s a smart woman, and it’s obvious she cares about you and your safety. I can’t imagine it will take her long to realize there’s something going on, if she hasn’t already.”

Mercury certainly wasn’t going to tell anyone if he didn’t want her to, but in her experience the people in her life that truly cared about her always found a way to see past her misdirections. Lying to people was easier when they didn’t actually know you. Once they knew you, once they cared… it was tougher to pull the wool over their eyes. “So what’s the plan, then? Any way to fix the issue? You don’t have to tell me any details you don’t want to, but… I hope you know I’d do what I can to help. I’m sure we can find something in the guild’s databases that can help. And if not, I’ve picked up more than my fair share of contacts and allies over the last couple of years. I’d be more than happy to pull some strings if I knew what you needed.”

Then, to keep things a little more lighthearted, she gave him a small but teasing grin. “By the way, I accept bribes in the form of money, items of value, or sexual favors; whichever tickles your fancy most.”

WORDS: 652/2155 | @Theo
    Serilda Sinclair

Theo
    Theo

Player 

Post by Theo 16th December 2022, 3:33 pm

"I know, but she's got enough to worry about..." the treasure hunter sighed. Merc's words were true enough. Theo telling Aspen that he was freshly released from the hospital and leaving it at that was a band-aid sticking to ointment. It was just another reason why he was in a rush to find something, anything that would work. Even if it was temporary, it'd give him some more time to find the real solution.

Before he could tell her his plan, she lightened the mood with a tease. Number one, that was his job. Number two, now he was uncomfortable. Not just because he didn't like parting with money or valuables he accumulated, but as always, he got mega weirded out by her even mentioning sexual things. Theo cringed and offered the same awkward laugh he always did. "U-Uhm, I'm sure I can find a treasure to give you.. heh heh..." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head and looking away. This was never gonna get easier, was it? If only he could tell her how icky it was when his aunt, who obviously had no idea she was his aunt, hit on him.

Moving along quickly, he revealed his grand plan. What little there was of it. Theo wasn't really the planner kind of guy...

"So, here's my plan!" Theo embellished, twinkling his fingers and getting a bit of life back into him. He always had a flare for the dramatic. "I need to find the lacrima I buried in Desierto a long time ago to see if it'll help. The problem is... I don't remember where I buried it because Desierto has changed a lot and also it might have been dug up and moved or lost. Also, I need Krystal Jr., which I can't find," he ticked off in his narrator's voice, the tip of one finger tapping on each of the fingers on his other hand as he recited his 'plan'. Krystal Jr. was his flying ship, by the way. "Until I can get it together and travel there, I need something in the meantime. I asked Bobert at the guild if we had or knew of anything that helped bodily functions, but he said there were no records other than a magic toilet brush that enchanted you with regular poops for life, which is super nice but not helpful right now, and several standard but unproven tales of doodads that give immortality that people have died trying to find for ages," he continued, getting a little winded from talking so fast. Who knew if 'Bobert' was really that guy's name. "SOOooo... I went back through my old connections, sniffing for rumors, maps, whatever of artifacts waiting to be found like the legendary treasure hunter I am. One such rumor led me here, so something deep in this tunnel has mysterious powers that might help!"

He turned to Mercury, huffing but grinning. "This might be it!" he chirped, but the optimism didn't reach his pale blue, desperate eyes. At one point, Theo had been this chronic, unshakable optimist to the point that it sometimes blinded him to the truth, but that wasn't the case anymore. He wanted to believe it, but very much didn't. Depression, especially the kind hidden behind a comedic mask, was a horrible thing. It was a very deep and dark hole he was in now, to the point that most days he felt all of this wasn't even worth doing.

"Will you... help me get it?" the inky-haired man asked next, slowly getting back to his feet and futilely dusting off his clothes. He didn't ask for help often, only usually when he was being chased by something that could kill him and he panicked. But really, wasn't that always the case now? It wasn't the sudden appearance of a giant sand worm trying to eat him, but death had been chasing him for over a year now.

Theo sheepishly grinned. "I promise I'll be more help if there are more spiders..."

[wc: 671 || total: 3881]

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:08 am