Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro]

Fin
    Fin

Player 
    Lineage : Excitavit Tetria Oculus
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : N/a
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Serilda Sinclair (Current) Vanessa Scáthach (Former)
    Experience : 2,282

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fool's Arcanum
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] Empty I swear officer that's not mine [Intro]

Post by Fin 2nd December 2022, 9:08 am

The day was sunny and the vibes were absolutely money, birds chirping, people mixing and mingling. A rickety pick up truck filled with oranges sputtered into the city of Era. Sitting on the top of the roof of the truck was none other than Finnegan Fontaine, a wandering nomad of sorts. His sea blue eyes taking in the view of the incoming city as he munched on a freshly peeled orange. "Ooooh! Will ya look at that. Gorgeous city! Absolutely grand...." Fin laughed as he leaned forward using his hand to shield his eyes form to sun. He marveled at the city scape mouth agape with a goofy grin plastered on his face. The truck jolted suddenly nearly throwing Fin head fist into the asphalt bellow. Luckily Fin was able to quickly react and steady himself.  "You alright there Fin?" said a concerned yell from the drivers seat of the truck.

Fin scratched the back of his head and gave a reassuring smack on the roof of the truck. "Aye! I'm o'lright, just savage lad. Keep her goin' haha" after a few more minutes of wheezing and rattling the old pick up truck eventually made it to its destination. Fin hopped off the roof of the truck as a young farmer boy in his late teens got out of the old vehicle.

"Dan, Lad, thank's a million for the lift!" Fin chirped with a beaming smile as he gave Dan a pat on his back. "Oh no, pleasures all mine Fin." Dan chuckled as gave a nod to his temporary traveling partner. "Alighty then, oh! Before I mosey on, lemme help ya unload all these oranges." before Dan could protest Fin had already began unloading the crates of oranges. With the two working in tandem the task was swiftly done. With another volley of thank you's and goodbyes, Fin departed and began walking through the city, towards the Rune Knights headquarters.

Enjoying the scenery Fin absorbed the sights and sounds. This was very much different from the small village he had grown up in. Walking past various establishments, Fin sauntered past a cart filled with handmade toys. He stopped and took a few steps backwards to admire at a well made toy knight. "Oh! Alfie's gonna love this!" Fin's eyes sparkled in excitement as he eagerly approached the cart to purchase the toy. After a pleasant conversation with the shop keep, Fin was able to buy the toy at a discount with the help of his natural charm. The toy was carefully wrapped up and neatly packaged in a beautifully gift wrapping and ribbon.

While this was all happening a shady fellow, with a similar tone of hair rushed through the crowd. As Fin was saying his goodbye to the shopkeep, the shady man swiftly slid a small plastic bag into Fin's bag without him noticing before darting off to an adjacent alley way. By the time Fin turned around the man was long gone. The eager older brother returned to his journey, however he did not get far. Just before Fin could get to the corner of the street, the loud barking of hounds accompanied by yelling caught Fin's attention.

"HEY STOP THAT MAN!" Yelled a man in a distinct uniform. Fin looked around to see who they were after and soon found himself surrounded by growling dogs and a couple of uniformed men and women.

"W-wait a minute, ya talking about me?!" Fin inquired, completely flabbergasted. "I didn' do anything wrong officer." Fin said in a calm tone trying to defuse the situation.

"Put the bag down and put your hands up!" barked one of the uniformed men. As he held out his hand crackling with arcane energy. Fin let out a nervous gulp as he slowly put down his bag.

"T-there must be some sort of misunderstandin' lads..." Fin said nervously as he raised his hands in surrender. One of the uniformed men gestured to a female officer to check the bag. She nodded and did so, a couple sets of clothes, rations, the recently bought toy was all pulled out of fin's bag.

"See there ain't nothin' th-" Fin's words were cut off as the female officer pulled out a small plastic bag with some sort of powder inside. Fin stood there dumbfounded as he looked at the the surrounding officers. "I swear officer that's not mine...."

"Pft... yeah right. Cuff him." scoffed the uniformed man.

And through the series of unfortunate circumstances, Fin now found himself sitting alone in a holding cell in the Rune Knight head quarters. "Ah shite...." Fin sighed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nadarr
    Nadarr

Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 7,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Magical Alchemy
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] Empty Re: I swear officer that's not mine [Intro]

Post by Nadarr 2nd December 2022, 1:55 pm

Jiselle Would be walking would her clip board up her arm blowing some steam off her coffee before taking a sip.  However a uniform officer would approach her as she drank her coffee as the man approaching her stopped infront of her in a huff.  This should be good.  She just stared at him if yelling him to go on and speak.

Doctor Kitaas, perfect timing.  We have a individual in interrogation room one who we would like to have examined before another Knight Questions them."  

He said as Jiselle Just blankly stared at him.  They normally didn't required any medical aid to question someone,  Plus Engineering Corp members usually stayed out of those affairs.  So naturally she had follow up questions.

"Why...we're you boys to rough on them or something?"

She asked, but the officer scoffed at her and crossed his arms In a defensive posture.

If you must know we found an illegal substance on them and want to make sure they aren't under the influence before we waste a Knights time questioning them. "

She stared blankly at the man.   How sweet they wanted to only waste her time them.   But his reasoning outside the last part was sound enough.  She made a small note on her clip board as she took one last sip of her coffee and set it down before simply answering.

"Fine."

With that she went on her way to the integration room where the suspect was.  As she get there she looked through the window at the man sitting there for a brief moment before taking a breath walking Into the room her clip board out and ready.

"Hello, my name is Jiselle Kitaas, or Doctor Kitaas in this case, I am here to ask you a few questions before more people come and...well ask more questions."

She paused looking at them having a degree of empthy for how that sound she scribbled somthing down on her clip board.

"Think of me like the pre game the the bender of questions you will be potentially answering."  

She said trying to make a small joke however whether the joke landed or not she was going to continue onward, she didn't know what kinda person this guy was.

" Let's start with basic information can you please tell me your name, age, and..."

She paused as she walked in front of the man moving down to stare into his eyes for a minute the easiest way to tell if he was under the influence. And any rookie in the whole world could tell that this person based on her initial thoughts walking in and seeing his eyes that they were not under the influence. She would have to find that officer later and have a word with them on the basics however that eliminated her next question so she decided to just get some more basic information on them so when another night came and asked them  more questions they wouldn't be repeating themselves hopefully.

And Could you tell me what brought you to the city today and if you want a small account of what happened that brought you here specifically, Though that latter part of the question you'll probably ask another time so my apologies."  

She spoke in a calm and direct manner though in a way that wasn't pervading the man or automatically accusing him of anything and a tone that's simply wanted to get some information down on the clipboard so it would be easier on them both later.   This would be to quickest way as well to confirm what the offcer said earlier to.  She stood there with a pen in hand  Standing in front of them though in a bit of A relaxed stance as they got ready to write down their answers so that they can give the next person some information whenever they decided to come.

WC: 651
    TWC: 1,428

Last edited by Nadarr on 2nd December 2022, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] Empty Re: I swear officer that's not mine [Intro]

Post by Shen Kadokawa 2nd December 2022, 3:32 pm

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] 9hjimib

The cold, plain concrete walls of the hallway echoed with every step the man took, the sound the boots of his dress uniform produced reverberating off the hardwood flooring. It wasn't at all necessary for him to be here. No, some knights may even go as far as calling it inappropriate. This was not work suited for him. Someone of adequate station would suffice entirely. Of course, that was entirely congruent with the reality of this situation. And still, he had come regardless. The truth of the matter? The man was frustrated out of his mind.

General Kadokawa had asked for a transfer to the front, wherever the thick of the action was currently. No luck thus far. Someone of his rank wasn't exactly a designated combatant, and even though Shen was the leader of the Combat Corps under Director Ragnos and Field Marshal Sinclair, he found his potential wasted by occupying an office job position. It was something people strived for. A profession far away from any dangers that the war might hold. A nice desk and simple tasks, couldn't be any easier than that. The General grimaced at the thought that he would be stuck with such a thing. He appreciated Serilda and the promotion he had received. The red-haired mage would never have guessed that such a thing was possible when he had joined the Rune Knights just a few years before, of course. Things had changed, however. Drastically so. He wanted to be out there, ached to participate in the battle against Pergrande. There were many reasons for that, but in the end, it came down to his own selfishness and that alone. If nothing else, perhaps he could petition for an exception if a special operation of the Rune Knights came around or something along the same lines. If push would come to shove, he would find another way, but he had not yet exhausted his options.

Regardless of these facts, though, this same frustration was what had brought the General of the Combat Corps to the section of the Headquarters dedicated to holding recently arrived incarcerations. Some might say that he was bored, but that was never really the case. He would always find something to occupy his mind, even if it was just training. It was training more often than not these days. This, however, was the first real event on a day where work otherwise proved surprisingly slow. An unexpected circumstance, considering Fiore was at war with four other nations.

Two guards saluted as he passed, the two opening a set of double doors for him. He acknowledged their gesture with a nod as he made his way through, then turned as the doors closed behind him. Holding cell one, was it? He wanted to see the man for himself. The Combat Corps handled such affairs, of course, the day-to-day business of Era and beyond and the actual policing of Fiore's streets. As such, the report of this incident, the circumstances surrounding the young man's arrest, had been passed to Shen immediately... and something in this story did not line up. If it was true what his comrades said, if the man was guilty, he would leave them to deal with this case and never speak of it again. If that wasn't true, however, if someone hadn't done their job right, there would be an issue. Something to consider when he could actually see the man for himself. He approached the cell, a member of Combat just outside of it turning to him. The young man, not much younger than Shen himself, stared for a second, then straightened up when he realized whom he was facing, saluting promptly.

"G-general Kadokawa! Is there something I can help you with?". The redhead nodded. "I've come to see the prisoner". "The prisoner, General? I- I believe someone is already-". "Irrelevant-". His voice was calm, bordering stoic in its tone. The gaze that rested on the soldier before him, however, was one that portrayed the full capacity of the General's intense nature. He was a good leader, competent and expressly suited for his position, but a miserable team player. "-I will save all of us some time and speak with the man myself. Objections?". "Of course not, Sir". Shen nodded once more before turning, making his way past the man and through a door, into a room adjacent to the cell itself. A window of one-way glass separated him from the prisoner and... a woman? What was she doing here? Was interrogation not the business of the Combat Corps? He sighed, stepped closer to the glass and listened. They were already talking, so who was he to interrupt them. His eyes were fixed on the young man, the General's oculi flashing as they glowed with mana. It took only a second for them to shift in hue, their usual red replaced with a bright gold. Time almost seemed to slow, then speed up again for the General. He would know if the kid was lying as soon as he'd answered. Heart rate, breathing, the tiniest movements of his face and body as well as minuscule variations in speech would give him away immediately. He would make his decision soon enough. For now, though, he simply stood there, unseen, and listened.

Post Word Count: 884
    Personal Word Count Total: 884
    Thread Word Count Total: 2,301

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fin 4th December 2022, 6:16 am

Fin looked up to see a woman, a gorgeous woman at that. Almost instinctively Fin went ahead and said something stupid "Well then, maybe getting arrested isn't so bad aye?" He sat up more upright, and his expression was warm and welcoming as if he was welcoming an old friend, odd considering the fact he was sitting in a holding cell. He listened intently to the introductions of the woman, apparently her name was Jiselle Kitaas, and she was tasked to perform a series of inquiry. Fin's eyes narrowed as he slowly processed the words the doctor before him spoke. "Uh....OH! Me names Finnegan, Finnegan Fontaine. 20 years of age last winter.... and uh sorry Doc, I'm a bit of a gobshite.... but from my understandin'... you're askin' me what I'm doin here, yeah?" Fin scratched the back of his head and let out an embarrassed chuckle.

"Well if that's what you're askin'.... Ya wanna know what's absolutely gas about this whole situation? I actually came here to join the Rune Knights haha... Ah! Goin' on... on me way here I bought a toy for one of my younger siblings, yeah, and when suddenly your lads started yellin' at me... next thing I knew I got arrested because they found some pouch of sugar or salt in me bag." Fin's expression was sincere, eyes clearly focused and not under any kind of influence. His words came out in a airy sing-songy tone, the accent clearly present but not heavy enough to make his sentences indecipherable. It was clear the accent hailed from the country seven, particularly the northern part of Seven.

"You gotta believe me Doc, I didn't nothin' wrong... I came here hoping to help the law, not break it."
    Fin's voice softened along with his expression, almost giving a puppy eyed look. "Listen, if you gotta take some tests, or whatever you gotta do... I won't say no, the good lord know's I'm an innocent man." Fin said with his hands up in surrender indicating he's willingness to comply.

In regards to the more detailed observation of the good general watching unseen, the first thing General Kadokawa would notice was how clam Fin was. He was unnaturally calm, one would think being arrested the lad would have been rattled bit, but his heart rate was steady, his body temperature was normal. There wasn't any indication of deceit, although he would find that through out the whole conversation Fin had assessed his current situation. The mage with the orange locks had discreetly eyed the locks and hinges of the cell door, as if he was sizing it up to see how strong they were. Even so, Fin didn't do anything, in fact his whole body language was indicating his open compliance.

Another interesting trait that was invisible to Doctor Jissele but observable to Shen was Fin's mana. Most of Fin's mana was mundane, however, another energy source similar to etherano was growing. This energy was darker, sinister, and corrupt as if it had a mind of its own. This corrupted energy was seeping through like drops of water through  a crack from a dam. The few drops of this defiled etherano indicated a whole abyss, a world of shadows, that Fin had no idea he was connected too. One last notable trait the good general would notice, was some sort of invisible third eye gazing back at Shen, while completely hidden and unseen by others and Fin himself. It was clear, through Shen's all seeing gaze, there was something off with Fin. Something unintentional, but different. Fin had no malice, yet he was painfully ignorant at the power the lurked deep with in him.  

Last edited by Fin on 6th December 2022, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 4th December 2022, 9:23 am

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] 9hjimib

Upon first glance, the red-haired suspect was hardly that. He was a young man, a kid, some might even say, with an expression and demeanor that were mild, if a good bit grating. Upon first glance, that was. Still waters, as the saying went, ran deep. And this one went far deeper than initially anticipated. Shen beheld the man's actions for a few seconds, listened to his replies. Nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, the man appeared too calm, given the predicament he was in. Shen watched every single movement of the other closely, the display before him unfolding almost as if in slow motion. Every minute movement, every spoken word, the General coming to the conclusion that... the man was telling the absolute, unaltered truth. There was no hint of any intentional falsehood in his words, not a single trace, which meant that his story was, of course, legitimate. But there was something else to him. Something more than the fact that the young man was entirely too observant for his own good.

When the General of the Combat Corps observed Finnegan Fontaine's mana, he noticed it.

It was small, and subtle at first. Something almost akin to a spark of magic, tainted and steeped in darkness. With every second, however, every passing moment, this spark attached to the redhead grew, until finally, it moved, changed its shape into that of an eye. Shen narrowed his own oculi, golden hues glowing brighter and with more arcane intensity, peered deeper into it, and then, it stared back, a shift in the shape focussing its attention entirely on the unseen beholder. The General held his gaze, unmoved and unphased. "Looks like there's more to you than you led on, huh?", the man whispered to himself under his breath as he closed his eyes. When he opened them anew, the golden glow had vanished entirely, these two distant eyes reverting back to a flame-like crimson.

Not it was the General's turn to get involved. He hesitated not, moved, and opened the door to the interrogation room in one swift and unfaltering motion, taking a step inside the room, though leaving the door behind him open. His voice was somewhat monotonous, though firm and steady when he spoke with absoluteness. "Further testing is unnecessary. I am taking over this investigation". He turned to the person who had introduced herself as a doctor, though truthfully, Shen did not know her, nor had he any desire to get to know her in the least. His attitude when it came to lower-ranking knights had been and would remain consistent. "You are dismissed, Soldier, though if you wish, you may stay as a witness".

He turned to the suspect. "My name is Shen Kadokawa, and I am the General of the Combat Corps of the Rune Knights. I have determined that your arrest has been wrongful. On behalf of my officers, I apologize to you, Mr. Fontaine. You are free to go, though..."

The General paused briefly, eyeing the young man carefully. "...If you do wish to join the ranks of the Rune Knights, then we have a perfect opportunity on our hands here, do we not?"

Shen took a few steps forward, pulled up the chair at the table opposite the man and took a seat, folding his arms on the table before him. The General's expression was entirely unmoving as he spoke anew, addressing the young man in a stoic, albeit faintly curious tone. "Finnegan, wasn't it? Why have you come all the way here from Seven to join the Rune Knights?". Perhaps the real interrogation had just begun for the native Sevenite. Shen wanted to understand the other, wanted to probe at him and see what he could gleam, especially in regards to what he had seen earlier. Perhaps this would offer him some insight into the enigmatic newcomer.

Post Word Count: 645
    Personal Word Count Total: 1,529
    Thread Word Count Total: 3,561

Nadarr
    Nadarr

Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 7,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Magical Alchemy
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nadarr 4th December 2022, 3:47 pm

Jiselle  Head wrote down many notes on her clipboard as the boy talked listening to a story. She gave a small sigh as she made her final note on the clipboard as you mention something about being willing to do tests or whatever was required to prove his innocence. Though none of that would be truly required as she looked up at him. He had an innocent look on his face and expression that Both spelled innocence and ignorance of his own situation. She took a deep breath before pausing once more and then began to speak to Finn.

Fortunately for you I don't need to do any test to know that you have a clean bill health and you're not under the influence, as far as your story goes I don't believe your story however unfortunately for you I am just  A low ranking doctor so unfortunately my opinion doesn't mean much, the people you do have to have to convince are-

As if on qur the door swiftly opened and General Kadokawa Walked into the room.  All she did was given eye as if that was exactly who she was talking about however before she could say anything more he had come over and stated that he was taking over the investigation and no further tests were required. Also going so far as to say that She was dismissed however she could stay if she wanted to be a witness. Immediately things vanished who remind as she stared at the general for a long moment. The 1st thing that came to her mind was she was nowhere near in charge of investigation she was just asking him to give this person a clean bill of health, However the small details I suppose weren't importait's though she did give a small sigh before nodding.   She couldn't say the first impression he made was very good but then again it was only a first impression and he didn't come here with work to do, Though it did surprise her that a general came here to do this but that was hardly relevant as she answered.

As you wish General,  I will stand back and assist only when necessary and provide you a witness.

She spoke in a calm professional demeanor however she was already silently judging the general himself but that would come later for now she would  Take the paper off her clipboard and set it down in front of the general at the table, not that he needed it because she had no idea he had been watching but in case he hadn't been it would hopefully help him stay up-to-date. Without being done she took a few steps back and began to write down what was happening in the interrogation room in other notes on the both that she deemed relevant on a clipboard.   There wasn't much purpose for her being a witness there in either case him being in general or no he would easily be able to handle it or even if something happened he outranked her but nonetheless, her curiosity did get the better of her wondering how to combat corpse actually handled situations like these or how a general would handle a situation like this. So she prepared to take notes to further herself and to make sure that the boy would be ok.

WC: 562
    TWC: 4,123
    Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fin 6th December 2022, 8:55 am

Fin watched patiently as Jiselle wrote on her clipboard. The pretty doctor seemed nice enough, Fin couldn’t sense anything malicious about her. Given her selection of words, it was a more than adequate indication she was far superior in the department of intelligence. This didn’t bother the young Sevenite man at all, in fact he felt more comfortable when there was someone smarter than him in the room, it only meant that the burden of critical thinking wouldn’t be placed upon his dopey shoulders. Everything the woman did seemed official and standard protocol, but then again, Fin had no clue how the Rune Knights ran. All he knew was that they helped protect people. He was also told by a good friend of his, that Rune Knights enforced laws to keep innocent people safe… And that was more than enough to motivate him to join their ranks.

It seemed that the question and answer portion of this whole conundrum had drawn to a close. Fin was glad that doctor Jissele was kind enough to listen to his explanation. During the doctor’s explanation the gingers attention was quickly taken by the sudden entrance of a crimson haired mage. The gentleman held himself in a stoic and stern manner, even though Fin was as dense as a block of tungsten, he was able to pick up that this man had authority. Sure enough, Fin’s hunch was right. The man introduced himself as Shen Kadokawa, the General of the combat corps.

The general of the combat corps explained no further testing would be required. The ginger-haired mage was worried he’d have to piss in a cup or something, or perhaps had his blood tested. Hearing that he didn’t have to go through the hassle of going through any of those procedures was music to his ears. With the whole misunderstanding out of the way, Fin could focus his attention on the anomaly at hand. Ever since the General entered the room, a familiar sensation washed over Fin. This feeling was something Fin was all too familiar with. Growing up in the dense forest in Seven, he learned quickly to sense danger. The man before him now, was indeed in fact dangerous. Fin couldn’t put his finger on it, but he was well aware that this man was powerful. So powerful, that Fin’s current mastery of the arcane couldn’t even fully comprehend the vastness of the general’s might. This excited him, every fiber of his being wanted to test how he would fare against the arcane behemoth.

Fin was quickly pulled back to his senses upon hearing Shen speak again. Fin was pleasantly surprised how General Kadokawa took accountability for the actions of his subordinate, very professional indeed. The blue eyed mage was grateful, but on the other side of the metaphorical coin, Fin was also having a mini existential crisis. What the flying fuck he did he do to have the THEE General himself pay a visit and personally oversee the interview himself. Despite all of this, Fin kept a calm yet cheerful demeanor, almost matching the Generals poker face. Fin enthusiastically replied to She’s words,  “A good friend of mine once said to never waste an opportunity when it presents itself.”

Fin adjusted himself in his seat as he let out a friendly chuckle. “You can call me Fin sir, and to answer ya question… I’d like to be a part of somethin’ bigger than me self. You and your lads protect people, and keep the peace…” For a brief moment, Fin’s bright and sunny persona clouded. For but a moment, the same sky blue eyes that sparkled with wonder and joy, became a window to a burden of loss, regret and lament. That same window was quickly shut, as he closed his eyes to blink. Upon opening his eyes an instant transformation occurred, Fin’s gaze were filled with a quiet determination and unwavering hope. “I’m not after fame, Jewels couldn’t interest me at all… Like I’ve told the charming doctor over there…. I just want to help in any way I can, chief.” For the first time in this whole ordeal, Fin’s words were laden with purpose and focus. This however was quickly quelled by the next stream of stupid that left Fin's mouth.

“So! Whadda need me to do boss? Sign me name on a paper, provide some ID? List out aaaall the reasons why ya should let a handsome man as me self join ya ranks....” Fin’s outburst of obnoxious gungho energy spewed from his pores once more as a big goofy grin stretch upon his lips. “Maaaybeeee a test of me strength?” Fin asked as in his signature Sevnite accent with matching waggling eyebrows.

Post WC: 786 words
    Personal WC: 2,168 words
    Thread WC: 4,909 words

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th December 2022, 11:23 pm

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] NOn1H8J

The General's eyes remained firmly fixed on the young man before him, every motion, every minute detail of both speech and mannerism scanned and cataloged in an instant. There was something... off about this man. Something that was not quite the way it should be. Shen had a hard time placing exactly what it was that evoked this impression, to begin with, but it had kept him wary, at least when speaking to the potential Rune Knight candidate initially. Perhaps it was the strange sensation of being watched by something that shouldn't be there. How very curious, indeed.

"Smart friend you have there". The General's reply came immediately as the other still chuckled to himself. It was a reply that bore no more emotion or deeper meaning than the contents of what was said. Still, Shen felt the twist of a knife in his chest. Not long ago, he'd have said a similar thing, but these days were over. Taken from him against his will.

Shen listened to the other's reasoning, suppressing his urge to sigh. It was woefully ironic. Back in the day, the General of the Combat Corps had said some things that seemed quite similar to this when he had joined the Rune Knights. Protect people. Help out where he could out of the goodness of his heart. Be a force of law and justice in the world. How ironic. None of that mattered anymore. Justice did not exist, and joining the Rune Knights in times of war was simply and plainly idiotic. This man, whether he knew it or not, would be little more than cannon fodder, an afterthought, a statistic. Just like they had been. In the end, there would only be a modest little grave awaiting him. A letter home, a heartbroken mother, and a disappointed father. It was a destiny writ in stone with such braindead, cookie-cutter reasons to practically throw oneself into an active conflict. Well, he couldn't care less in the end. There was something else, though. A brief moment in which the man's demeanor shifted dramatically. There was a profound depth to the emotion that the other reflected for only a moment, an emotion that Shen Kadokawa was entirely too familiar with. Perhaps there was some real basis for Finnegan's desire to join the Rune Knights. He really wanted to be one, huh?

Well, not if the General could do anything about it.

"That is a piss-poor reason, Mr. Fontaine". He certainly didn't hold back. He'd do his best to dissuade this young man from his goals. He didn't care if he looked like the bad guy. He wouldn't bear the weight that was the responsibility of having to tell another family that their son wouldn't come again. He didn't care what it would ultimately take. "Spouting shit like that will get you killed in a matter of seconds on any real battlefield. Are you sure that you could be a Rune Knight?". The General paused, looking the other over. A test of strength, huh?

"All it takes is a bit of paperwork... but if you really want to prove that you're set in your ways, then I accept your challenge to a duel, if that is what you intend. If not, well, I'm sure that Seven has more than enough opportunities at home to make yourself useful, isn't that right, Mr. Fontaine?". It was all harsh and condescending, certainly. Shen meant none of what he said, but he would say what he had to if it meant that the kid would leave and go back home to live a happy and fulfilled life instead of dying in a ditch somewhere in a faraway land. He expected the other to decline a duel and go on his merry way, and that would be it.

Post Word Count: 633
    Personal Word Count Total: 2,162
    Thread Word Count Total: 5,542

Last edited by Shen Kadokawa on 1st May 2023, 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fin 17th December 2022, 8:37 am

Fin listened to the general's assessment on Fin's motivations in joining the ranks of the Rune Knights. Fin wasn't at all startled at the harsh words the came from the veterans lips. It was odd to Fin, how adamant the General was at dissuading the Sevenite. Fin was not expecting the red carpet to be rolled out, nor did he expect a warm welcome. This whole situation was quite honestly amusing to Fin's point of view. It wasn't the first time he had heard words cold and bitter as the harshest winters of his homeland. In fact General Kadokawa's almost villainous aura reminded Fin of an old mentor of his. At this fond memory Fin let out a soft laugh colored with nostalgia. "Hahaha I mean no offense general, I've done stupider things for even stupider reasons..." Fin nodded to himself as he recollected his escapades in the past. He didn't dabble in the memories for long, he returned his attention to the man who could be his superior in the near future.

"You know.... I could walk out this building right now, get hit by a car and crack me skull open. On the other hand, I could very well meet my end surrounded by loved ones at a ripe old age... But some poor hunter out in the woods could be mauled by a bear. Perhaps some pregnant woman along with her two small children die from starvation and the bitter cold of a harsh winter.... all because the man of house never came back from his hunt... Death can also show itself to a beautiful girl who withers away slowly due to an incurable illness, until the very last breath in her body is extinguished... The old reaper can show his face to a young man who's gone off to war for his sickly lover... the folks in charge feed the loving soldier boy propaganda...when his heart and mind was full of lies... they handed him an old rifle and half a clip, ship em off to fight some strangers war only to be reduced to pile of burning flesh mere seconds into his first battle... Battlefield or or not. We all can die in a matter of years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, or as you said it even seconds..." Fin's words were blunt and morbid, his voice dropped to a near whisper so that only the general could hear. He leaned forward, the ginger strands of his bangs casted a shadow over his eyes so that the once bright sky color seemed to darken into a deep abyssal blue.

A cordial smile remained upon Finnegan's lips as he spoke. There was a sharpness in his tone woven into the warm tone of his voice. He this same tone to illustrate his seemingly nihilistic point of view. Once again like a switch, Fin transitioned back to his genuine cheery demeanor. "Am I sure if I can become a Rune Knight?... I'll be honest with ya sir, I don't know... and I'll never know unless I give it a try." Fin shrugged as leaned back into his chair. Finnegan's smile grew wider as soon as he heard the general accept the duel. He silently nodded in excitement, recoiling ever so slightly at the mention of paper work.

"Ah well... there's isn't much left for me back home... me skillsets aren't really suited for a quiet tree hugging Sevanti life..." Fin explained clearly dismissive of the thought of returning back home. Since the general and the nomad both refused to back down, the duel quickly went on its way. Fin eventually found himself along with the general at a fairly large open training area of sorts. There were no other Rune Knights at the moment, but it seemed like anyone from the Rune Knights could enter as they please. Fin stood a few meters away from Shen almost shaking in excitement. Finnegan knew he had not chance of wining, but his curiosity drove him. He had to know, how strong this man was. He wanted to find out if there were others like him.

The mana around Fin began to condense and coalesce at his hands. Creating twin short swords, translucent blue in its color. The blades were in a partial manifested state as if it was an incomplete projection. The weapons seemed to have a liquid and malleable state. To a lower ranking mage the blades would seem unfinished or a failed summon of a requip. Upon closer inspection of a keener arcane eye, one would be able to ascertain the blades were sharp and dangerous. The swords were forged from the purest form of etherano. The weapons were a blank template, weapons that could take any shape or no shape at all.

Finnegan took a readied stance, holding one short sword in a ice pick grip while the other in a more traditional hold. At a glance the battle stance seemed normal. however, upon closer inspection by a combat veteran, one would discover that Fin held himself in a manner that would indicate he was an experienced fighter, yet his control over his mana seemed limited. As if something was shackling his hidden potential. Fin was also clearly oblivious to this, completely unaware something or someone was holding him back.

The weapons flickered excited as drops of etherano would condense and disperse around the blades. The same pure ethrano that made up the weapons coursed through Fin's red scarf causing it to flow heroically behind him. With a fool hearty smile, Fin spoke his last words before the duel could start. "Just wanna thank ya of the opportunity boss.... I'm ready whenever you are sir."

Post WC: 949 words
    Personal WC: 3,117 words
    Thread WC: 6,491 words

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 1st May 2023, 9:31 am

I swear officer that's not mine [Intro] NOn1H8J

The other's words, whether the young Sevenite was aware of it or not, struck a rather sensitive nerve with the Rune Knight General. The whole spiel he was forced to listen to, even though he had grown tired of it after the first few syllables, seemed to imply that the other viewed death as just another triviality. That attitude of his, that nihilism without any regard for the difference between life and death, that complete ignorance of the value of a life...

It was infuriating.

It took a fair bit of composure just to remain still, and though the Rune Knight suppressed the most immediate anger that arose from deep within his chest, he couldn't stop a reaction entirely. His eyes narrowed as the potential recruit spoke, his brows inching closer together ever-so-slightly. Just another thing about this kid that irritated him. The thing that frustrated Shen the most, however, was how similar Fin was to himself not too long ago. The same goal, the same will to achieve it. The only difference between them was the experience. And Shen knew which path that would ultimately lead the Sevenite down. He couldn't allow that... but there was also no dissuading the young man from enacting his foolish ideas, it seemed. A demonstration was in order. Perhaps it would make the Sevenite understand just how idiotic his foolish dreams, these ideals, or perhaps delusions of grandeur, really were. Shen's voice remained cold as he spoke once more. "As you wish".

It wasn't long after that the General of the Rune Knights' Combat Corp stood opposite of his challenger on the grounds that soldiers would usually use for their larger-scale combat exercises, gravel and dust crunching beneath every step as the two men took their positions. Shen turned, watched, his hands crossed behind his back, carmine and unblinking oculi firmly affixed on the would-be opponent. While the other prepared his weapons, the General simply stood and watched with that same unwavering gaze, not making any preparations. Indeed, when his other brandished blades, Shen continued to observe, and only when the kid spoke, Shen finally moved, the Rune Knight taking a deep breath.

He sighed, reaching into a pocket and pulling out an ordinary coin, one you would find just about anywhere here in Era. "As soon as this coin hits the ground, the duel begins. I hope you're ready". The conditions of their bout were almost eerily simple, and there was no fancy trick to any of it. An observer might have been puzzled by the complete and utter lack of bravado that this battle promised, but that was precisely what the Rune Knight General had intended. A real battle, a fight to the bitter end, could occur at the drop of a hat, or, one might say, a coin. There was no point in preparations, grand speeches, and displays of all-encompassing ideology. There was you and everyone else.

There was only life and death, and Shen would teach Fin this very lesson.

Shen had made no preparations or anything of the sort, apart from tossing the hat to his dress uniform off to the side. The arms he had held clasped behind his back now hung loosely by his sides. Without any pompous exaggeration, without any fancy trick, his hand moved and the General flicked the coin upwards into the space between the two opponents. Predictably, it followed a parabolic arc through the air, rising first, then falling, the General's eyes following the small object all the way as milliseconds seemed to stretch out for an unbearably long time. Then, in a single instant, a single moment in time, the coin hit the dusty earth.

Within that same instant, the duel was over.

Fin would feel a gentle tap at the base of his skull. "Bang-", the word echoed out in synchronicity with the sensation, "-you're dead".

Behind him stood the General, right arm extended straight forward and two fingers stretched out. Shen had moved within that same moment in time at a speed so fast that his motion might as well have been instantaneous. There would be no dodging, no evasion, no reaction. Had this been a real battle, the challenger would be little more than a crimson puddle on the ground, and the General would make sure to make as much clear to his adversary.

"If I'd wanted it, Finnegan Fontaine, your life would've ended right here-". The General lowered his hand. "-without any sense... or meaning. Do you understand? You wouldn't be able to keep up on a real battlefield for even a moment". The Rune Knight turned away from his opponent and began to walk away to pick up his hat, fully expecting the other to resign. "Your wishes wouldn't mean a damn thing. Don't throw your future away for some lofty ideals".

As far as the General was concerned, this duel was over. What Fin would do or how the other would react, the vermillion-haired Rune Knight couldn't say, of course, but he hoped that this would help the other see reason.

Post Word Count: 845
    Personal Word Count Total: 3,007
    Thread Word Count Total: 7,336

Fin
    Fin

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fin 2nd October 2023, 9:14 am

Fin was aware of the gap of power, but he was unaware how vast the difference was. Before Fin could ever react he felt a tap on the base of his skull as soon as the coin hit the ground. The ginger haired mage turned around as swiftly as he can his hands still clinging to his blades. "Holy shite!" Fin stood there awestruck, he never claimed to be the best in combat but he was certainly confident in his ability to hold his own in a fight, but this was something else. The last time he was this outclassed in a fight was when he was training with his previous mentor.

The twin blades he had summoned faded and faded into small light blue particles of etherano.  "Pft...HAHAHAHA!" Fin burst out suddenly in laughter "People have died for less general, but how'd ya do that? Teleportation spell? Or was that ya natural speed?" Fin inquired as as put his hands in his pocket as he gave a nonchalant shrug at Shen's statement. "I appreciate your concern General... and I certainly see ya point... but I'm afraid you've only convinced me to join even more hahaha" Fin explained. Ever fiber of his being was itching to fight, but Fin knew this was a fight he was certainly going to lose, so he wisened up and chose to do the mature thing and cut his losses short. Perhaps there would be another chance when he could have another duel with the general, for now he had to make sure he joined the Rune Knights, then he would worry about asking for a rematch later.

"My wishes and wants never meant much anyway. It's my future to decide, be it a waste or not. With all due respect, I'll be the one to decide sir." Fin said firmly as he stepped up "I'd like to enlist in the Rune Knights, specifically in the combat corps sir." Fin said with a smile and a serious look in his eyes indicating he knew fully well what he was signing up for.

Post WC: 347 words
    Personal WC: 3,464 words
    Thread WC: 6,838 words

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 12:30 am