Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Spooky Date Time!

Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 219,182

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Necrothurgy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Spooky Date Time! Empty Spooky Date Time!

Post by Cillian duCrosse 18th November 2022, 8:13 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

433 WORDS

@Dela

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
       Another year, another Halloween. Cillian had lost count of how many times he’d celebrated the holiday in its various evolutions over the years, but even after all this time it remained one of his favorite holidays. The atmosphere was always delightful, as was the food and the weather. And while normally his mood would have been sullied by the fact that their trio had been reduced to a duo – and to a point, that sorrow would always be lingering at the back of his mind – tonight, his spirits would be more uplifted than they had been for some time.

He wasn’t entirely sure what to call his relationship with Dela, but even to a man as smooth brained as him Cillian knew that they had transcended beyond mere friendship and somewhere into the realm of romance. It was entirely new territory for the necromancer, perhaps a little scary but in an exciting way. There was certainly a lot of trauma to struggle with a recovery to perform, particularly for Dela. It hadn’t helped that Elle had left without much warning shortly after everything with Aberneel had been concluded, but it was understandable that the woman might need some time to cope with what was surely an overwhelming amount of guilt. At the very least they knew she was safe, and at the end of the day that was peace enough to continue on without being consumed over her renewed absence. There wasn’t much they could do but wait for her to be ready, so in the meantime they were able to focus on themselves and the new adventure that awaited them.

Cillian was practically dancing as he looked around the crowded festival, crimson eyes soaking in his surroundings. He was dressed in his part of the couples’ costume they had decided to wear, though honestly his costume was a bit on the minimal side. For the most part he was wearing his normal clothes: a pair of red pants and an open breasted jacket without a shirt underneath, despite the chilly cold which didn’t really seem to be bothering him. However, he had used a temporary magical enchantment to give himself dog ears and a big bushy tail that was currently wagging this way to indicate his enthusiasm. “Well, where do you wanna start? Looks like they’ve got a few games, a corn maze of some kind… some food and drink. Anything stand out to you?” Almost absentmindedly, he reached an arm out and put it gently around her shoulders, pulling her against his side as they weighed their options.  
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the Candy Witch
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Experience : 725,365

Spooky Date Time! Empty Re: Spooky Date Time!

Post by Dela 18th November 2022, 9:51 pm

The last time Dela had attended a Halloween bash, she'd been alone and somewhat unwilling to participate except for the frequency of the free alcohol being slung at the various tents. She and her fellow Rune Knight, Shen, had commiserated over lost friends and the pain of having to break holiday traditions and endure without them.

In short, they'd drank themselves into a stupor and made fools of themselves for the night. Someone told her later that she carved a giant penis into a pumpkin in front of god and everyone, and it didn't even win the contest. Nice.

Dela actually had a horrible track record with coming out of festivals sober, but the last time had actually been intentional in memory of the woman who usually blasted her brains out with substances against her will.

This was the start of something new, though. Hopefully. They both really needed new right now. Neither she nor Cillian were the same after recent events, though it'd obviously been harder on the magical girl. With Aberneel's fate handed down and that saga of her life-- the only saga she'd known for a hundred years-- over and done with, she thought the worst was over. Which was a pretty stupid thought for someone as smart and clever as the detective, but it seemed it was true that eyes go blind when turned on the self.

Her own mind was her new foe.

Today was a good day, though. Getting out of bed was a little less hard when she knew she was spending her time with Cillian. Spending time with the goofy man was familiar, yet new and exciting. They'd agreed on a couple's costume, and though that was cheesy as heck, Dela was thrilled. It was simple, light-hearted fun. Unlabeled as it was, it was evidence of a continuing and growing romance, and she'd take what she could get!

And honestly, they looked inverted. How was it that the male in this duo had the more sexy, revealing costume? His whole frickin' abs were out, while she was in a cute, frilly white shirt tucked into a striped skirt and white apron. The outfit reminded her of Elle and her sensibilities, if not for the blazing red cloak They were Little Red Riding Hood and her annoyingly attractive Big Bad Wolf with the waggly tail. As he pulled her close by the shoulders, she wrapped an arm around his middle, which was like a reward. She could touch now without him dropping her into a pit.

"Hmmm, given my track record, should we chance the drinks?" Dela asked, making a jab at herself with a grin. "I say we save the dancing and maybe drinks and snacks for last, because I honestly don't trust any consumables here. One time it turned me into a dude, and you wouldn't believe the size of my di--"

"hhhhhWHACK-A-GHOUL, FAIR MAIDEN!?"

Dela had generally always had good nerves. She wasn't jumpy. She couldn't in her line of work. But the poor girl's soul almost popped back out of her eye when the game dude materialized way too close to her ear. "F***!" she shouted and her whole body convulsed tighter against Cillian's side. Fight or flight took a hike in favor of freeze, if only for this guy's sake. A murder in the middle of a Halloween event by a Rune Knight would be... very bad. Neck creaking, she slowly turned to look at him, gearing up to cuss a blue streak.

[wc: 585 || total: 1018/4000 || rolling for Whack-A-Ghoul]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Spooky Date Time! 60731_s
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 18th November 2022, 9:51 pm

The member 'Dela' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Spooky Date Time! Die_05_42162_sm
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Experience : 219,182

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Necrothurgy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Cillian duCrosse 19th November 2022, 1:55 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

540/973 WORDS

@Dela

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    She inquired as to if they should risk letting Dela drink, due to her prior history with such things at events. Cillian laughed outright. “I don’t know, are you going to try to sexually assault me again?” he teased back as she snaked an arm around his midsection. Ultimately, the blonde suggested they save the more partying like festivities for last, just in case said drinks either knocked her out or sent her spiraling into another high of some kind. Last year, she claimed that a drink had turned her into a man, and she was about to get into more vivid details about the changes she’d experienced when a game attendant caught them off guard.

Though, Cillian wasn’t too put off by the sudden presence of the man, Dela shrieked out a curse and practically glued herself to Cillian, frightened into temporary paralysis. It was probably bad for his health to laugh at this point, but the possibility that she’d beat him to a pulp if she felt inclined didn’t stop him from giggling his amusement. “You good down there?” he asked her as she recovered, the smaller woman turning her face up, clearly on the verge of loosing her tongue. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you from the big, scary carnival attendant.”

He glanced over to the man with a grin. “Alright, bub, what you got for us?”

The man gestured to the game stall behind him, where there was a small table with a series of holes in the surface and a rubber mallet. “The aim of the game, good sir, is to use this here hammer to beat down the ghoooooulish army as it arises!” He wiggled his fingers at the platform in emphasis, continuing to put on a voice, despite the fact that he probably wasn’t paid enough to be this dedicated to his character. “As time goes on, the ghouls will pop out faster and faster, so you will have to be quick if you want to hit them! What do you say? Interested in giving it a whack?

Cillian shrugged. “Sure, why not? Let’s see how it goes.” Disentangling himself from Dela, he picked up the mallet and readied himself beside the table, waiting for the man to trigger the game. The first couple of ghoul themed puppets that sprung from the holes were easy enough to hit, each coming up one at a time with several long seconds worth to get them. It was almost laughably easy. But then they started coming in faster and before Cillian knew it he was really having to actually focus, the ghouls shooting up and popping back down far too fast for him to catch before it was too late, with several of them jumping out in such rapid succession that he simply couldn’t keep up.

By the end of the game, his score was actually laughably low. Despite this, he was grinning as he scratched the back of his head. “Gotta hand it to you, that game is a lot harder than it looks.” Cillian looked down at Dela, holding out the hammer. “What do you think? Wanna give it a try? Just remember, the hammer is for hitting the ghouls, not the nice man, here.”
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the Candy Witch
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Experience : 725,365

Post by Dela 20th November 2022, 2:46 am

Cillian may have saved the stupid game guy from getting his beard curled by language too filthy for pirate folk, but he didn't save himself. Before he let her go to play the game being hocked, Dela dug her knuckle into his ribs as hard as she could.

Standing at a short distance, Little Red watched her wolf attempt to whack the grotesque little ghouls back into their holes. At first, she thought he was going to do well. She'd seen what he was capable of, there was no way he'd be bad at a game so simple. And yet...

By the end, Dela was in a fit of vindictive giggles at how awful it went. "Wow, you sucked so bad," she chortled, her competitive tendencies rearing its ugly head. Games were her thing, or at least she thought so. Video games, definitely. Physical games like this when she couldn't even throw a good punch? Currently, in her head, absolutely! How could it go wrong?

The tall lunk offered her a turn and she didn't refuse, though she did dart her eyes between the 'nice man' and the mallet with chaotic concentration long enough that he took a step back. Good, never let them know your next move. Hip bashing her date further out of the way, it seemed her overly inflated ego needed a little more elbow room. She nodded for the carnival guy to restart the game.

And, hooo boy, did it go  Spooky Date Time! 2728wrongSpooky Date Time! 2728~

The slow part was boring, but once those little undead puppets got going, she learned her hand eye coordination in any other part of her body other than her fingers and thumbs was basically nonexistent. They popped up, and by the time she registered it and moved the mallet, they were gone. Again and again she smacked nothing but table frantically over and over again until she got so frustrated she stopped altogether with a growl.

The score was even worse than Cillian's. "Game's rigged," she grumbled. Though she was staring at the ground filled with embarrassment at her own unwarranted cockiness, her hands were hesitant to let the mallet go. Maybe she'd whack the very much alive circus ghoul standing nearby after all... Thankfully, the man scurried forward and snatched it from her before she could act on the impulse.

Participation tokens in hand, she turned her back to the game and crossed her arms. Dela was more in the mood for drinks than games now. Forget those awful wastes of time, the only thing Halloween was good for was dancing and alcohol if there were no carving pumpkin contests.

"Maybe drinks aren't such a bad idea. I promise to try not to grope you this time."

[wc: 454 || total: 2012/4000 || preemptive Witch's Brew roll incoming]

Spooky Date Time! 60731_s
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 20th November 2022, 2:46 am

The member 'Dela' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Spooky Date Time! Die_01_42158_sm

Current date/time is 27th November 2022, 4:27 am