Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Spring Festival in the Summer

hosriuscamnus
    hosriuscamnus

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 18,950

Spring Festival in the Summer Empty Spring Festival in the Summer

Post by hosriuscamnus 13th June 2022, 7:46 pm

Hosrius Camnus "The Dark Angel"
    Job Log #9747

Apparently the humans felt the need to celebrate the turn of the seasons.

Ironically, by the time that Hosrius had heard about it, spring had all but passed and summer was already on its way in. The warmer seasons were something that the Jirian was far more comfortable with; his homeworld and most of the Jirian ships he’d been on were more humid and warm. Fiore was perfectly capable of reaching and surpassing the warm weather he had grown up in but, on the same front, it was just as viable to freeze and chill a person or alien to the bone.

Nonetheless, the humans always found a reason to thrown festivals and celebratory events. The one celebrating the spring equinox was actually more understandable to Hosrius, as he discovered it was to shine a light on the season where the harvest could be planted and the natural world came back to life after winter. Still, some of the events he’d read about in the festival seemed… less than focused on that and more on silly notions of holidays and odd traditions. Then again, he imagined that others would view the things his people or other races celebrated as strange as well.

But the spring event served as both a reason to learn more about the world and a good cover for finally making contact. Now that Maker was confirmed as alive and thriving on Earthland, it meant his ledger wasn’t clean and he had to take responsibility for the transgression. Maker’s brother had come planetside to aid in the hunt, now more willing to take part in act than he was prior. Grubar was, of course, insistent that he join in as well -- after everything he’d heard about Maker, he was convinced that he was far more interesting than the target they had been sent to Earthland to hunt. Finally, Hosrius had asked Mercury to accompany them, as she was the one that could confirm Maker’s condition with her own eyes.

“So… humans just… look around for eggs and then paint them?” Grubar asked his compatriot. He was staring down at the billboard with all the advertised events, the Scengar looking bewildered and puzzled. “And what in the hell is a leprechaun?”

Hosrius pulled up his armband monitor and ran a quick keyword search. “Apparently they are miniature humanoids that are rumored to harbor gold.” He flipped around the screen so that Grubar could see the crude image that had been uploaded to the database he’d ground.

“Looks more like vanthaw. Nasty little buggers; razor sharp teeth and sharp talons. Good if you cook them medium well though.”

“Yes well, according to this page, there is no definitive proof that they even exist. These are merely caricatures.”

“Stars, that’s dumb. Though this Aester bunny battle sounds hilarious,” the Scengar said with a chuckle. “When’s Merc supposed to get here?”

Hosrius took a look around. “Well, we are a little early but I imagine momentarily. She has a habit of arriving early and surveying the places she has to have meetings.”

“She’s a smart one, that’s for sure. Smart with a tight, firm body.” Grubar let out a naughty little growl as he revisited very fond memories. “And for your mysterious third party? The one that’s Maker’s brother?”

“Much like our dear Xocili, I imagine he’s already here as well. But our meeting with him isn’t for another hour. I figured we could enjoy the festival for a bit before we got down to business.”

“Well Hos, if you really want me to enjoy this festival, I expect you to take part in this dancing around a pole thing. That sounds like something I wouldn’t want to miss.” Grubar said with a wicked grin, tapping on the event and its description.

Hosrius snorted. “I wouldn’t get my hopes up, Grubar.” He was pretty sure he could argue his way out of participating in anything too silly. Then again, he may find himself teamed up on -- Mercury seemed to be just as impish as the Scengar. Perhaps he’d made a mistake in suggesting this particular outing beforehand…

TAG: @Mercury Arseneault @name WORDS: 686 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Spring Festival in the Summer 63208_s
    Character | Magic | Armory | Golden Lacrima
    Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Experience : 2,019,467

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Gunblade Master
    Second Magic: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Magic:

Spring Festival in the Summer Empty Re: Spring Festival in the Summer

Post by Mercury Arseneault 14th June 2022, 6:40 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    Today was surely going to be a treat. Mercury loved festivals. Big gatherings like these ones were enjoyable not just because she was social but also because she enjoyed people watching. It was one of her favorite pastimes. She could spend hours just observing men and women from afar as they went about their daily lives, testing herself to see what she could learn about them just by studying their habits and interactions. This was the kind of thing she lived to drag Vandrad to, and normally that’s exactly what she would have done, except that fate had other plans for her this time around.

Hosrius had suggested a meetup involving him, Grubar, Mercury, and an individual that was apparently Maker’s brother. Mercury had accepted the invitation immediately, all too intrigued by the opportunity to meet someone that was related to the man that had supposedly had her killed. There was much she was hoping to learn from the man, whom she could only assume had come to Earthland to hunt down his brother. Otherwise, why would Hosrius trust him enough to request a meeting? It would be for the best, anyway. While Mercury had been able to communicate with the Jirian and Scengar that Maker had orchestrated an attack on her and she had faked her death, she had not yet gotten the chance to update them on everything else she had done. This would be the perfect opportunity!

That being said, the aforementioned fake death also made it more difficult to safely go out in public without being spotted. Thankfully, she’d made some upgrades to her stealth suit that allowed her to go about her business without worry. Normally her suit simply allowed her to be more or less rendered invisible by redirecting the light around her. Now, she could also use the same scientific method to change the way she appeared by bending the light around her to trick the eyes of others into seeing something other than her true self. It was quite genius, really, and she was very proud of herself.

As Hosrius had assumed, Mercury had arrived at the fair some time ago, leaving Vandrad to his own devices for the day, the prince surely happy to have an excuse to miss the event. She had already roamed the fairgrounds three times both by foot and with her technology, looking for anything – or any one – out of the ordinary. Bandit kept nearby too, though he kept to the trees and sky. Not many people kept crows as pets, and all the disguises and magic in the world wouldn’t protect her if they knew they were looking for a woman with a crow as a pet.

When she felt that she had properly surveyed the area and found nothing of concern, she then returned to where she had seen the pair of aliens earlier. “You boys look like you could use some sunglasses,” she told them with a smile. Rather than Mercury, however, they would find another woman that was relatively close to Mercury’s size and stature, but with thick green hair that was pulled up into pigtails and bright brown eyes hidden behind a pair of lightly tinted sunglasses. She was dressed in an orange midriff shirt and striped gray pants with an oversized coat. Like a shady street peddler out of a movie, she pulled open one side of her coat and pulled out two other pairs of tinted spectacles, offering them to the men. Should they don the glasses, they would find that they allowed both of them to see through the illusion around Mercury, revealing the true woman they knew behind the facade.

Mercury gave them both her trademark little smirk. “So! Hosrius is going to do the maypole dance, is he? That should be a good time. Personally, I’m just here to see Grubar participate in the Leprechaun Relay.”

WORDS: 651 | @hosriuscamnus
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

hosriuscamnus
    hosriuscamnus

Player 

Post by hosriuscamnus 20th June 2022, 6:54 pm

Rolling for the relay race

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 20th June 2022, 6:54 pm

The member 'hosriuscamnus' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Spring Festival in the Summer Die_02_42159_sm
    hosriuscamnus
    hosriuscamnus

Player 

Post by hosriuscamnus 20th June 2022, 7:18 pm

Hosrius Camnus "The Dark Angel"
    Job Log #9747

Grubar and Hosrius looked like they were going to get into one of their playful spats when a strange but not unfamiliar woman approached them. She insisted that they could use some sunglasses, offering a pair to each of them. Both of them looked at one another and then with a small shrug, they took their respective pairs and put them on. Only then did they see the woman they knew, her illusion taken away by whatever was programmed into the glasses. It made sense that she was disguised; considering everything that had happened with Maker and his Dread Master brethren. She was meant to be deceased so it would be highly suspicious if any remainder of that number happened to catch sight of her and report it back.

The Scengar grinned. “Merc-” he started to greet her normally.

“-iala. Merciala,” Grubar hopped in, apparently deciding on her code name for the moment. “How nice to see you again. What’s it been, a couple of months since we did that job in… in…”

Now that Grubar had caught up, he actively sought to participate. “Whoresenka!”

“I think it’s called Hosenka.”

“Same difference. There were still a lot of whores there. Which we had to help save from some evil… wizard guy.”

“Yes, that bastard was quite malicious. But we handled that without issue.”

“And then we had sex!”

Hosrius stared at Grubar for a long beat, several hundred thoughts running through his head before he finally turned back to the disguised Mercury. “Still, it was nice of you to come and spend some time with us today. It really had been too long.”

“You’re tellin’ me. You still look fine as hell, girl.” Grubar easily shifted from his descriptive admission to flirting with the Silver Wolf mage without a single beat.

“As for the maypole dance, I might be interested if I have the right partner. But I agree -- the leprechaun relay seems perfect for Grubar.” The Jirian took a quick scan of the description, reading the finer details that he was sure Grubar had browsed right on by.

“Oh yeah? Is it some kind of tossing relay thing?”

“It absolutely is. And with that, you should head on right over there to join the rest of them. Merciala and I will just sit back and watch you dominate.”

The Scengar turned to look at the event line and with a dark chuckle, headed on over. Once he was out of earshot, Hosrius leaned into Mercury and whispered. “I know he’ll make me pay for it but I couldn’t help but take the opportunity to get ahead.” With an impish grin, he led the way over to a corner of the stands. Several festival goers had sat down, eagerly awaiting the next race. “Our contact will meet up with us in an hour or so. I’m sure he’s already observing us from some shadowy corner. He’s eager to hear what you have to report.”

Right about that time was when Grubar was informed of what the leprechaun relay actually was. His complaints were loud enough that almost everyone in the immediate area could hear each syllable. He spun around to find Hosrius and when their eyes met, the Scengar let out a noticeable snort. But rather than back off, he marched down to the fourth spot for the relay, now more determined to win than anything else. As impatient as he was, he was practically vibrating as the gunshot went off behind and the race began. Luckily for the Scengar, he had been teamed with several fast runners, who took an early lead and managed to keep it. But the third person in line was slower, especially with putting on the leprechaun outfit. He managed to just barely get ahead of the rest but his pace was agonizing to watch.

Grubar didn’t even say a word as the runner came up to him. The hat came off easily enough but the guy was having the hardest time getting a leg out of the suit. Grubar glanced at the other teams, now all caught up and starting to prepare their fourth. With a growl, Grubar grabbed the outfit and pulled it on save for the one leg that was still wrapped around the man. Pulling him up and under his arm, Grubar took off, sprinting at a haphazard pace but still supernaturally fast for an alien his size. The man tucked under his arm screamed as they went, the Scengar grinning bright and wide as he rounded the last corner and saw the finish line in his sight. But it was then that his suit, caught between two differently sized beings, malfunctioned, ripping and causing the Scengar to trip over himself. He let out a roar as he spun and toppled onto his back, nearly throwing the man half a field away as he went down. Unfortunately for Scengar, the other runners zoomed past him before he was even able to get back to his feet, finding himself in fourth place as he finally came across the finish line.

Hosrius shook his head. “Yeah I’m… definitely gonna pay for that.”

TAG: @Mercury Arseneault @name WORDS: 848/1534 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Experience : 2,019,467

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Gunblade Master
    Second Magic: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 21st June 2022, 7:02 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    Every time she saw Hosrius and Grubar she was reminded of how much she liked the two of them, and not just in the sense that she found them both attractive in their own completely different ways. The unlikely duo were about as opposite as both sides of a magnet, and yet they had managed to form an excellent – and often entertaining – business relationship with one another. Mercury approached the pair, the two of them seeing her for who she really was after donning the glasses she had provided them, and right when Grubar was about to risk her cover Hosrius was already leaping in to protect it. The two men went back and forth very quickly fabricating a mostly seamless and extremely wacky tale about the last time they had seen “Merciala”.

She chuckled, earnestly amused but doing her best to steer into the skid and act like everything they had just said was completely normal and true. “It certainly has been too long. Thank you so much for thinking of me and inviting me out today. I wouldn’t have missed it for anything!” Mercury stepped up to both to give them a friendly kiss on the cheek, though Grubar would have to bend over for her to reach. “You’re looking pretty handsome yourself, Bruiser,” she informed the Scengar with a flirty grin.

Hosrius stated that he could be talked into the maypole dance with the right partner, but first he concurred with Mercury’s idea about Grubar taking part in the leprechaun race. Then, to further entice the scaled alien, he fibbed about the nature of the relay to trick Grubar into participating. As the Scengar walked away, Mercury hooked her arm in Hosrius’s. “You’re so bad.” By the smile on her face it was clear she was enjoying every moment, even as he explained that he knew hell was likely to pay for the deception later but he couldn’t help but take the opportunity before him, come what may.

As they moved to go sit in the stands, Hosrius also explained about the plans for their actual meeting that day. His contact was likely already there, no doubt scoping the place out and watching them from afar until it was time for the rendezvous. The man was greatly anticipating being introduced to Mercury and learning more about what she knew. “Oh, I’m quite sure the lot of you will be more than interested in the things I have to share. But that’s fine, I don’t mind spending a little bit of time with the two of you before getting down to business.”

Grubar’s complaints about learning what the race actually entailed had little trouble reaching their ears, particularly Mercury’s sensitive ones. She laughed alongside Hosrius and watched with great amusement as Grubar stubbornly chose to participate anyway. It was quite the sight, and truthfully it looked like he had been paired up with quite an effective team. Well, at least when it came to running. Getting changed in and out of the leprechaun suit was another matter entirely, and Grubar wound up hauling off with his teammate in his arms. The end was almost in sight, the finish line within his grasp, until the physics of two people sharing a suit finally caught up with him. Down the pair went in a tumbled heap, and before he could get back on his feet the other teams rushed past and secured every place except for the last one that would belong to Grubar’s team.

“The odds are certainly not promising,” Mercury laughed at Hosrius winced and doubled down on his self-bet that Grubar was going to take this out on him later. “But maybe he’ll call it even if he gets to watch you dance around like an idiot around the maypole. I’ll even be that ‘right partner’ you were looking for if you’d like.” She flashed him a coy smirk and gave him a little nudge with her shoulder.

Once they had met back up with Grubar, Mercury did as promised and lead the way to what was sure to be a vastly different pole dance to the ones she was used to performing. The maypole had been crafted from an extremely tall, stout tree. There were dozens of brightly colored ribbons attached to the top, each of which was passed off to every new participant that stepped up to join the event, Mercury and Hosrius included. She knew very little about how this was supposed to work, but frankly that was because there didn’t seem to be any pre-ascribed uniform way this particular tradition did work. The overall result was the same: people danced around the pole with the ribbons in hand to wrap the trunk up. But the particular dances and music weren’t always the same each time.

So in truth, she didn’t really know what to expect and that honestly made it all the more fun once the music did start playing. It was somewhat of a loose, flowy, and carefree tune with a simple beat that was easy to follow at a comfortable and leisurely pace. Honestly the whole thing was more than a little silly. Mercury didn’t have much of a concept for traditions, or at least ones with her own culture, and the idea of dancing around a pole to wrap it up with ribbons was frankly a ludicrous practice. But all the Earthlanders had bought into it and seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was, at the very least, a sight to behold for the non-natives.

WORDS: 928/1579 | @hosriuscamnus
    Serilda Sinclair

Current date/time is 6th July 2022, 6:56 am