Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ignited Restraint [EXAM]

Nymara
    Nymara

Player 
    Lineage : Prodigy of Nyx
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Akeya
    Experience : 2,625

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Ignited Restraint [EXAM] Empty Ignited Restraint [EXAM]

Post by Nymara 19th November 2021, 3:36 pm

"I'm sure you'll perform to your mentor's standards, my lady. Though it is important not to push yourself." A small voice squeaked as what appeared to be an armored, orange, cat quickly hopped onto the makeshift stone counter. He stood on two legs like human, and crossed his arms as his tail slowly flicked behind him. "Hehe! Easy for you to say, you haven't met her yet." Nymara retorted back with a scoff. "I gotta go all out! What's the point otherwise?" She said, standing and turning to face the exceed as she slung over her long white trench coat. With an arched eyebrow, Lucky looked out to the long river that flowed beneath the abandoned stone bridge that Nymara had made her residence inside of. In any event, I look forward to meeting your mentor finally. After what I've heard from you." He said with a confident smile. Nymara reacted similarly. "If you thought I was strong, you haven't seen anything yet..."

The day had been rather clear for the most part. Some early morning rain had given the small meadows and fields around Mangolia a glistening look while the bright red haired woman and her cat companion walked along the roads. It hadn't been long before finally the duo made it to the main doors of the hall. Lucky was quick to extend his wings for a moment, in order to gain a landing on the dragon slayer's shoulder as she walked inside. Nodding to the usual members of the guild before quickly taking note that her raven haired mentor wasn't present in the immediate room. Lucky on the other hand was taking in the inside of Fairy Tail's guildhall. He had never been to a wizard guild before, so the experience was brand new to him. Though with Nymara's assurance, he was convinced they would let him join. "Well uh.. Welcome! To the guildhall. This is the main hub of the guild, where we take all our requests, train, drink, and fight!" She said somewhat excitedly, looking over at Lucky. "It shall be an honour to test my mettle against these wizards." He responded while still looking around. A few members stared back, not seeing Nymara with a cat before caused for a few curious glances. Though it wasn't exactly uncommon for members to have pets, so nobody voiced any concern. "Right! I think she's gotta be with the books! Let's go, I'll introduce you."

The first sensation anyone would feel in the guildhall's library was the odd rise in temperature before the main doors were swung open and a familiar loud voice called out. "Aha! Ready to rise through the ranks, feeling stronger every day!"Nymara called out to her mentor with a fanged smile. "O- Oh! Also meet the newest member... Or soon to be member of Fairy Tail!" Nymara said cheerfully as Lucky soon descended from her shoulder and onto the ground. The armored exceed waddled forth a few steps before bowing low with a paw across his chest towards Akemi. "The fire drake presumes much, but I would be honored by such an offer. I go by Lucky, my lady." Nym stood there with her hands on her hips and the same stupid fanged grin. "Met him on my way back from a job! Wants to join us."

555/1000 Words

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 18,930

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Ignited Restraint [EXAM] Empty Re: Ignited Restraint [EXAM]

Post by Akeya 19th November 2021, 4:25 pm

The convenient thing about Nymara being your apprentice was that it was pretty easy to keep track of her. You just followed the trail of destruction or, failing that, the shift in temperature.

The inconvenient thing about Nymara being your apprentice was that she was absolutely horrible at being stealthy, subtle, or precise, which meant that if you wished for her to finish a job with no collateral damage you were better off praying that she happened to not destroy anything by chance.

But Akemi was persistent in teaching her student some restraint. She'd already received the paperwork confirming that Nymara was allowed by the guild to take the exam which, upon being successful, would get her registered as a B-Rank mage. This would open up a lot more jobs which would both be more risky and pay better, and be formal recognition of her growth as a mage and an adventurer.

That said, Akemi wasn't planning to make the exam easy. If she merely played into Nymara's strengths it wouldn't be much of a challenge, and she wanted her apprentice to earn this promotion. Only through trials and struggles did people become stronger: merely flexing your strengths did nothing for improvement, it only nurtured conceit. Nymara wasn't the kind of person to start treating other people like trash, but she definitely was in danger of growing a big ego and becoming overconfident.

The raven-haired slayer had been reading in the library, where she could usually be found, when the rise in temperature betrayed the arrival of the redhaired slayer she'd taken under her wing. She didn't even flinch when Nymara kicked open the doors, instead just looking up from the book she was reading. While Nymara's behaviour and presence was the same as always, the cat companion she'd brought with her today was definitely new, even drawing Akemi's attention away from the younger woman for a moment as she instead looked down at him.

"I see. You're one of the exceed, aren't you?" Akemi herself never had any personal connections with any exceed, but for some reason most dragon slayers seemed to meet and befriend one. Most likely the reason why she'd been exempt was that she wouldn't have gotten along with them anyway: the fickle attitude of cats could be rather frustrating. Although this one certainly seemed well-behaved. "You can call me Akemi. We'll take care of your registration into the guild after my apprentice's exam." Truthfully that should probably be done beforehand, but she had her own priorities.

Leaving Lucky alone for the moment, Akemi returned her gaze to the grinning Nymara. "Well, you certainly look as ready as you'll ever be. But you should already be aware that I'm not going to be making it easy for you." Turning around she put the book back where she'd pulled it from the shelf even as she kept talking. "Whenever someone ranks up how they're tested varies a lot, depending on who proctors the exam. Some treat it as a mere formality, but so far as I'm concerned an exam is an opportunity to test your weaknesses, and see if you can overcome them." She gave Nymara a grin. "So if you want to get an idea of what you'll be facing as we make our way to the examination room, just start thinking of those skills you're still lacking in."

It would be a lie to say that Akemi did not to some extent enjoy the idea of watching Nymara flounder to try and compensate for her failings.

Current Appearance:
    Height: 5'7" (170cm)
    Ignited Restraint [EXAM] Tales-11

@Nymara

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ignited Restraint [EXAM] WolfySiggy2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Nymara
    Nymara

Player 
    Lineage : Prodigy of Nyx
    Mentor : Akeya
    Experience : 2,625

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Nymara 22nd November 2021, 4:05 pm

"Correct. I descended from the other world some time ago, and met your ward in battle." Lucky answered Akemi's initial question. "She saved my life, and so by knight's honour I shall protect hers." He said with a serious expression, fully believing in his words. At this Nymara simply chuckled a bit. "And who's gonna protect you?" She said with a deceptive look, causing the exceed's attitude to drop somewhat abruptly. "Well naturally I assumed you would have my back as well, r- right?"
    "Ha! Your face was funny. Don't worry kitten, I ain't lettin' anyone touch ya." Nym responded with a smirk, alleviating the stress the armored cat had felt. It had only been a few days since he had met the dragon slayer, so the nature of their partnership still hadn't really been ironed out. Lucky's hope was that he would be able to stick with the redhead and provide her with the needed support. After all, seeing what she could do against those monsters was enough to let Lucky know she didn't need much offensive assistance. "It is beneficial to have a friend with wings, after all." He said with a sigh to Nymara before the two's attention got diverted back to Akemi.

Nymara's mentor wasted little time explaining the exam process, and how it normally differs from person to person. Some members were given a pass by their overseers in the form of making the test a simple formality, to which the dragon slayer arched an eyebrow in judgement for a brief moment. She was happy that wasn't the case for her exam, after all passing meant she became a whole grade higher, what pride or accomplishment could Nym hope to feel with that achievement if it was never earned? Of course that was a double edged sword, for Nymara actually had to put in the work to earn it, and from the sound of it Akemi had no intention of making it simple. "Hehe... Uh.." Nym trailed off somewhat nervously as she tried to think up an immediate response to her mentor's final words, turning down to face Lucky for a moment. "Hm, well the forest was blazing for quite a few days after that battle... perhaps?" He hinted at Nym's obvious lack of control when it came to using her magic in a more serious engagements. A crucial skill that was never taught to her. Truth be told it was probably very lucky that Akemi had met Nym, or she would have remained a ticking time bomb. Now her thoughts began to race, trying to think up what Akemi could have possibly prepared for her, and just how difficult would it be?

"I hope there aren't any bystanders..."

1012/1000 Words

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 18,930

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 24th November 2021, 3:23 pm

Akemi raised an eyebrow as the exceed seemed determined to portray himself as a competent warrior. While the winged catfolk could certainly be useful in many ways, both because of their natural ability to fly at high speed and their intellect and cunning, they didn't seem to have much in the way of combat ability. Even those that tried their best to become stronger usually ran into the issue that they were simply not born with the right traits, with only few exceptions. "We'll have to test your combat abilities as well, if you wish to register as an independent member of the guild. If the two of you are planning to stick together it might be easier to sign up as Nymara's companion."

Well, it did seem like Lucky was willing to acknowledge his own shortcomings when actually pushed about them. That was good, because Akemi wasn't going to go along with any delusions of grandeur the cat knight might have. And at least he was quick to point out Nymara's greatest flaw, or at least the one which required the most effort to rectify. "Your ability to keep collateral damage to a minimum is certainly one of the things we'll be testing. Or possibly just the only thing."

She motioned for the two of them to follow her as she led them out of the library and towards the training room. "There won't be any bystanders, but you won't pass if you can't live up to my demands, so don't go thinking that the lack of victims makes things easier." She explained. "We'll be using the training room since we can quickly shape it to suit our needs, and to make sure you don't accidentally destroy anything important."

It would take several minutes to get from the library to the training room, time which Nymara could use to discuss the trials ahead with her new companion. Akemi herself was mentally preparing the trials she'd be subjecting her apprentice to, making sure she had a good image of what they would look like so they could quickly craft the required areas once they were inside.

"Of course, I wouldn't expose you to these challenges if I didn't think you capable of handling them when you actually put your mind to it, so no complaining that it's too difficult." Reaching the training room Akemi would open it and let the two others inside before stepping through and sealing the door behind her. Once that was done she'd get to work shifting the training room's insides to suit her needs.

The featureless room rapidly changed in atmosphere as the walls took on the appearance of dark grey stone, and one side of the room stretched on and on until it was at least two hundred meters long. The door leading out of the training area had disappeared, but instead there was an exit on the far side of the room.

"Aside from minimizing collateral damage, more focused attacks will also be more effective." Akemi placed a hand on her hip and snapped the fingers of her other hand.

The ceiling of the room quickly ascended until it was too far away to see, and large pillars of glistening wood rose up to line both sides of the room length-wise. A solid wall of stone rose up in the distance to block the door as well. "You'll have to demonstrate your ability to use attacks that are both precise and powerful." As she talked Akemi walked past Nymara, a dark claw forming around her free hand. With a downwards swipe she carved a deep line into the floor. "Your first challenge: destroy the stone wall leading to the next challenge without moving past this line. And as a warning..." She turned back to Nymara and indicated the wooden pillars. "If ignited these will quickly fall apart, and they're holding the roof up. They've also been drenched in oil, so if you hit a single one it won't take long before they're all burning. If you can't control your flames the roof will bury the path to the exit and you'll have failed."

Stepping back she watched Nymara carefully. "There's no time limit, but if I think you're making no progress I might step in. Begin when you're ready."

Current Appearance:
    Height: 5'7" (170cm)
    Ignited Restraint [EXAM] Tales-11

@Nymara

Ignited Restraint [EXAM] WolfySiggy2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic

Current date/time is 4th December 2021, 4:31 pm