Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ishguarduty [Lore Event]

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 194,449

Ishguarduty [Lore Event] Empty Ishguarduty [Lore Event]

Post by Dela 30th October 2021, 5:25 am

"Kill me."

"Come again, Major General?" crackled an uncertain voice over the comms.

"Nothing."

Ah, a common muttered lament by miserable souls who usually don't mean it, but this Rune Knight Major General earnestly did. She also certainly had the means to do the deed herself and get out of this frustrating mission, but... Well, it was her title that stopped her these days, as well as needing a distraction. A whole squad had been entrusted to her to make sure this symposium went off without a hitch, and though she was not necessarily the only Rune Knight around with a squad here in Joya, she still felt the need to be at least somewhat reliable. The lives of countless people were at stake, both just here on these strange streets of Felidae City and the people of the countries by the war. Maybe even the world as they knew it hung in the balance.

Actually, that was a bit too much pressure. Back to the "Grr...this sucks!" If the men found out women could mask their real emotions with predictable and expected behaviors, they'd tell the church.

Being in the Special Operations Corps played into her impeccable skills of observation, infiltration, and information gathering. While she might not have the combat prowess to put down threats, her squadmates certainly had the means to quietly squash issues before they became too big. She'd never admit it, but a leadership role suited her sometimes. Strategically placing operatives was definitely a mind game requiring quick wit and knowledge from a safe distance. However, this particular event was not really in Dela's wheelhouse, as far as she knew. Her eyes and ears were open as she walked, eyeballing more anthropomorphic people in one place than she'd ever seen in her life, but she was in the middle of it. All was peaceful at the moment, even the protestors with their signs she didn't care to read. Her operatives were blending in like normal tourists or hiding in the shadows to wait. The whole idea was for all of them to stay out of sight. Covert. The more overt guarding was for the Combat Corps.

Dela had told Cillian where she was going. She'd even asked him to come along, though she didn't actually expect him to show. Things were a bit rough these days, what with Vera's sudden disappearance. Their mutual friend left a gaping hole in her life both personally and professionally, one that Dela had desperately tried to keep from forming to start with. This was why immortals shouldn't have friends or lovers! Not mortal ones. It hurt too much when they were gone, not that she'd show it. The blonde didn't outwardly express her deepest feelings often, choosing to be sarcastic and jaded and guarded instead. There had been an exception on the day of that winter festival fiasco, but other than that, she always kept up a snarky brave front. So far the only change in behavior was keeping in touch with Cillian a little extra, and not just in hopes of finally getting in his pants. She wanted his comfort, even if she wouldn't ask for it, sorta like how she'd jammed her frozen toes under his thigh that one time. Knowing he was there, even if he was far away and busy with his own life was better than nothing. It kept her tethered to the present, even if the here and now was full of stress from her sister and friend both disappearing without Dela having any idea where to start.

Muting the mic to her communicator, Dela slipped off of the noisy and crowded city street into an alley, leaning her back against the balmy bricks of a random business with an exhausted sigh. She just needed a second to get her head straight, but all she could really think about was how Joya wasn't where she wanted to be. Every fiber of her being longed for her room, her unhealthy amount of plushies, Toulouse and Paris, a nice greasy pizza, some games, and some clarity on what she needed to do. She wanted to look lazy and feel lazy, because that's when her brain did its magic and she'd catch a break.

The best she could do was look lazy in an alley, though. "Ugh..."

[wc: 721]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ishguarduty [Lore Event] 60731_s
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Experience : 25,562

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Necrothurgy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Ishguarduty [Lore Event] Empty Re: Ishguarduty [Lore Event]

Post by Cillian duCrosse 3rd November 2021, 4:06 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

643 WORDS

@Dela

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    Cillian did not like the situation one bit.

It was not so long ago that he, Dela, and Vera had wound up having their heart to heart with one another, revealing rather sordid and tragic truths of their pasts. As such, both women were well aware that he was an outcasted prince from Pergrande -- though Dela was the only one who knew that he was immortal. And while Cillian had been alive long enough that his country of origin should have well since forgotten his very existence, he still made it a habit to avoid getting involved with anything that had to do with the place, the memories still more painful and bitter than he cared to admit after all this time.

So when Dela had informed him of her next assignment, it had put a sour taste in his mouth. Even though he knew that Dela couldn’t truly be killed, he couldn’t shake the feeling of dislike that settled on him at the thought of her being anywhere near some of the higher ranked denizens of Pergrande. An odd sense of protectiveness tugged at him, a feeling he wasn’t even remotely familiar with, yet when she asked him to come along all he could say was that he would consider it, muttering something about not being sure if he could bail out of work for the trip. And in his defense, he did technically have a job as a cook now, though Dela didn’t exactly know quite yet that it was as a cook for the command ship of a pirate fleet that had recently press ganged him into service without much effort. The pirates were a recently formed dark guild, which meant that technically Dela would have grounds to arrest him if she ever found out.

Normally that thought would amuse him, but things had been tense lately after Vera had gone missing without a word. It had been a long time since Cillian had let himself get close enough to anyone to be affected by losing them, and he had mounds of denial covering the pain and muting it a dull roar that left him feeling numb and tired. And while he didn’t actively think about it, he was sure that Dela was feeling much the same way. It was hard enough on them both that they couldn’t even really talk about it most days, yet had somehow come to the quiet conclusion that they both needed to spend more time with one another for a sense of comfort. Dela put more effort into keeping in contact with him, and Cillian did his best to surprise her with visits and a mixture of pizza and baked goods.

So as much as he hated the idea of being anywhere near official Pergrande representatives and being caught up in the middle of political dealings involving his mage-phobic homeland, it didn’t take long after Dela was deployed for him to realize that he wasn’t going to be satisfied just sitting back and waiting to see what happened instead of being there with her, for better or worse. So he’d made the trek, barely managing to get there the day before with enough time to rest and find Dela in the morning. When he finally caught up with her, it was just in time to see her slink into an alley for a moment of peace.

Dropping down from the low hanging roof that he had used as a vantage to find her, his feet landing next to her with near dead silence and far too much cat like grace for an overly large oaf like himself, he gave her a small smile. “Heya, blondie!” Holding out a small container that smelled suspiciously of food, Cillian told her, “It’s no pizza, but I figured you wouldn’t turn down a greasy, homemade breakfast burrito.”  
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dela
    Dela

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Working Together- Teaming Up!- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Experience : 194,449

Ishguarduty [Lore Event] Empty Re: Ishguarduty [Lore Event]

Post by Dela 19th November 2021, 1:28 am

There was barely any noise next to her, nothing more than a soft loaf of bread that had fallen off the counter. Why she even turned to look was questionable, but no one could say her senses were dull.

"NGH!" she startled, jerking to stare wide-eyed for a moment before realizing it was the big oaf that had no right being that stealthy considering his size... "You know, given my profession, you shouldn't be able to do that to me," she hissed, lowkey wondering why no one in her squad noticed, but ultimately quickly moving on. It was Cillian, and it was better they didn't see the two of them chit-chatting anyway.

Snatching the aromatic container that she now viewed as an offering of apology for the heart attack, the blonde wasted no time digging into the breakfast burrito within. She loved his food almost as much as she loved his chiseled abs, and he'd seen her scarf down enough food by now that she felt no need to be demure about it. "I'w fowgive you jush shish onsh," she garbled through the mouthful food, cheeks puffed out. Very Major General-like. Truthfully, she was nowhere near disappointed that it wasn't pizza. The fluffy, moist eggs, the caramelized bacon, gooey cheese, onions, peppers, and some sort of sauce melted on her tongue. Weird how she hadn't felt hungry until she was moaning over her greasy breakfast.

With half the burrito swallowed, she took a small break to speak. "I didn't think you'd come," Dela said quietly, trying very hard to act like it didn't mean a lot to her. "You know, in hindsight, it was stupid to ask you to, considering all the backstory. Not that anyone would and should remember you, but..." I understand. The magical girl trailed her unfinished statement in a shrug, simply thinking how she'd feel going back to her old home, which wasn't nearly as bad, after Aberneel had his way with it. It was impossible since the town had been wiped off the map, but she could still imagine it. "I'm glad you did, though," she added quickly just before she cleared her throat and picked the burrito back up, ready to cram it back into her face at any moment.

Hastily hopping to the next subject, an impish grin tugged at her lips. "Now you get to go to work with me. Aaaalll daaay. If I have to suffer, so do you," sneered the small girl. Then she viciously tore back into the offering until it was gone.

[wc: 424 || total: 1788]

Ishguarduty [Lore Event] 60731_s

Current date/time is 2nd December 2021, 9:48 pm