Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Confronting the family cult. (B rank exam)

Zero Divinus
    Zero Divinus

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,375

Confronting the family cult. (B rank exam) Empty Confronting the family cult. (B rank exam)

Post by Zero Divinus 3rd October 2021, 10:11 am

Familiar rocks, familiar cold, familiar houses and smiling faces. But those smiles were tight, eyes nervous, their body language was one of trepidation rather than welcoming. Since Zero was born his father had run this strange cult, believers that old magic was the rightful kind and that all other magic was evil, forsaking the source. Zero had been born during a ritual of his father and mother, raised by these people, trained in the ancient magic of Imagination. It was only a stroke of luck that Zero was a gifted artist, able to see the world around him in different ways.

It was later when his father started talking of violence that Zero fled from home, he did not desire to harm innocent people for some twisted view of his parents. He had run away, the cult dogging his ever step as he fled the mountain. His magic alone saved him, able to conjure rock slides, freezing winds, and weapons to fight with. He finally made it out of the mountains and away from the zealots created by his own flesh and blood. Now, he had come to face his father. He was stronger, wiser, and more attuned to his abilities. And while the cult spoke of violence, none of them were really battle mages of repute. The pirates he fought not long before would be more dangerous.

The only real mage of experience was his father, among the guilds he would be a C rank mage with quite an arsenal of earth magic at his disposal. Zero had plans if this came to blows but he hope it didn't. For all his fathers and his followers beliefs, they were good people. Misguided and afraid of the world outside their mountain, but still good. Zero smiled at the younger faces, children from his youth now teens. He stopped beside a pretty lass with fiery red hair and green eyes. "Zoe, you are as radiant as I have ever seen. Is my father around?" The girl gazed at him before her eyes widened, recognition dawning her pretty features. With a laugh of joy she embraced her old friend, her body more... mature than when he last saw her.

He found himself against a much softer body before she pulled away. A stout young man with a dark tan carrying an axe walked over. He looked suspicious before he too let out a gruff laugh and slapped Zero on the back. "Barnabus, good to see you are doing well, big as ever." The pair spoke with Zero for a bit, they discussed the going on's, the new mine, and Zero's outside adventures. Zoe and Zero locked eyes a few times and looking away. Barnabus held a knowing grin and punched Zero on the shoulder playfully. "Your old man is in the shrine as usual." His face became more somber and let out a sigh. "Not doing too well, lot of us have stepped out of the man's teachings and just living life. Lot of the older folk stayed but us younger ones didn't feel comfortable fighting others. Took a leaf out of your book and stepped away. But if you do plan to see him, try not to level the place, OK?" Zero nodded, agreeing. He looked at Zoe and smiled. "See you after?" He asked. She gave a eager nod and a big smile. With that, Zero carried on his way, he knew where his dad was now. His eyes turned to the familiar chapel high above the town and let out a sigh.

wc: 594
    Zero Divinus
    Zero Divinus

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,375

Confronting the family cult. (B rank exam) Empty Re: Confronting the family cult. (B rank exam)

Post by Zero Divinus 3rd October 2021, 10:58 am

Zero stood outside the shrine doors, the familiar gold coated wood with two mountains on the front symbolized the sacred mountain and the symbol of his fathers cult. Some cults were violent, bent on destruction or terror, Zero's fathers cult had been mostly peaceful, following the older ways of the world, living with the soul of the mountain. But as they became more closed off, more afraid of the world, they turned to different ideals. Ideas that ancient mages had the right of it and that new magic and those slayers were affronts to the way magic truly worked. His father started preaching the old ways, and the cult followed. Zero was born, raised, and trained. But he did not share their views, did not desire to harm those who simply chose a different magic.

Now, three years after leaving he stood in front of these same gilded doors, these same hills, and the same smell of Jasmine wafting from inside. Hand reaching out, Zero pushed one of the doors open, it broke his heart to hear the once well oiled hinges now creaking when opened. Rust having taken their place. At the end of a long path kneeled a older skinny man, his once golden blonde locks now turned silver, his strong hands wrinkled. Three years and the loss of so much seemed to have effected him.

Zero walked the golden path as it was called, just a gold colored carpet that went from the door to the alter of a goliath like being with stone for skin. Soul of the Mountain! Zero sat beside his father without saying a word and bowed his head, giving respect to the ancient being who existed only in his fathers mind, and passed down to his believers. It was not so bad really. The Soul was a good deity, he represented wealth, devotion, and bravery. Under his so called glory, the people of the mountain village have flourished.

After a full minute, Zero turned his head and saw familiar blue eyes looking at him, a gentle smile rested on the handsome face of Zero's father. The two embraced for a moment than separated. Rising like mirrors, they sat on a nearby bench, silence filling the air. "I did not expect to see you again." His father said, breaking the silence. A feeling of guilt gripped Zero's heart but he held his resolve. He had done the right thing in leaving. "I could not go along with your plan to harm people, father. I would not be that kind of person."

The man sighed and leaned back with a nod. "I was foolish, angry, obsessed with my own power and ideals. I thought I saw a path, a way to make us all safe. But when I drove my own son away, I lost everything. Your mother left not long after, refusing to look at me or worship anymore. The youths as well followed your example and left the gathering. Their parents mostly stayed but more out of pity, I saw the flame I had ignited in them extinguished. I realized what I had done, what I had become. I spat in the face of the Soul, I did not devote myself to my family but to a selfish cause and the Soul punished me. How did you fare in the outside world?"

Zero smiled, remembering the travels, the sights and smells, seeing endless grassy plains and hills, the burning desert of nothing but sand, the great cities built by man and magic. Meeting people, new friends, and than joining Fairy Tail. The rambunctious but good hearted people of the guild helped to mold him. "I found where I belonged, I am a member of Fairy Tail. I saw so much, gained so much inspiration to be not just a better artist but a better man. I am glad you have stopped your violent ideas, I had come here expecting a fight, that only one of us would walk out. It pleases me that such a thing will not have to happen."

His father nodded and looked at the figure. "The cult is gone, we are simply worshipers of the Soul once more. We have forsaken violence and ambition, instead we have turned to mining! The youths love the hard work and sense of achievement, and we do very well. That Zoe girl has a gift for finding good ore, especially gold and silver." He let out a laugh when Zero blushed, slapping his son on the back. "Hurry and marry that one boy, she is as smart as she is pretty and would make a great daughter in law." Zero glared at his dad in a playful way. "And mom? Have you been able to speak to her?"

His dad sighed and slid a hand down his face. "Aye, but she won't come home till she hears from you. We still love each other, but I forced her only child away and I paid for it." Zero nodded and let out a sigh of his own. "I will send a message out as soon as I get back to the guild. No, I am not staying. I will visit more now, though. For Zoe... and for you."

Zero stood up, embraced his father once more, and left the shrine. Upon exiting he stopped when he saw a familiar mane of red hair and green eyes. A warm smile as Zoe came closer, before he could speak, she leaned in and gave him a kiss, as she pulled away, he felt something heavy enter his hand. Looking down, he blushed as he saw it was Zoe's bracelet. Also known as a promise token. She blushed, turned, and ran. Zero stood, dumbly gazing at the bracelet. Now, he really did have a true reason to return.

Six hours later, Zero was stepping onto a train, it would take him home, back to the guild. But he had a new accessory, on his left wrist was a metal bracelet with the symbol of Soul.

WC: 1010

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:17 pm