Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Family Ties

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,602,575

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Merces Letifer
    Second Magic: Combat Medic
    Third Magic:

Family Ties Empty Family Ties

Post by Victoria Sheridan 29th June 2021, 10:31 pm

Job Details:

Job Title: 100 Year Free-form
    Category: Uncategorized
    Job Location: Anywhere
    Solo Word Count: 11,000
    Group Word Count: 22,000
    Additional Requirements: N/A
    Job Description: Whatever the player chooses.
    Enemies: Whatever the player chooses.
    Reward: 150,000 jewels OR a custom Artifact weapon/armor/item - Must specify which when handing in the job.

Job Sign-Up: Page 16, Post Number 378

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Lacrima is valid until 6/15/2022. Proof of purchase is here. The General Store: Page 38, Page 947
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Family Ties Empty Re: Family Ties

Post by Victoria Sheridan 29th June 2021, 11:58 pm

-Sakuramori, outside Octavia Ashford's house, 7:00 A.M.-

Wearing her blue Steel Matron t-shirt and black skirt with backpack of supplies that included her iLac and Silver Dagger,, Victoria climbed off of the Centaur and met her old client Miss Ashford, who had called Victoria earlier in the morning to hire the brunette for a job. However, this was not just any job. Victoria had been hired to go to Capital Crocus and meet her niece Anna, then bring Anna to Sakuramori to visit her aunt.

"Hello Miss Sheridan." Miss Ashford greeted Victoria with a wave of her left hand since her right was holding a coffee mug. Victoria gave a friendly wave in return and walked up to her client.

"Hi there Miss Ashford." Victoria greeted Miss Ashford.

"I appreciate you doing this for me on such short notice, Miss Sheridan. My niece doesn't get out much ever since her parents died three years ago, but she really likes visiting me since we both share an interest in antiques. I would go and get her myself, but I need to stay here because I need to prepare for Anna's arrival." Miss Ashford explained why she did not go get Anna herself. Victoria could understand that reason.

"I'll go get your niece. I just need an address." Victoria accepted the job without any hesitation. Victoria was mildly concerned that she was going to be in for another lengthy ride across Fiore, but since Miss Ashford paid well and always told the brunette everything she needed to know about a job, Victoria did not mind riding across Fiore a second time if she had to. Miss Ashford smiled.

"OK then. I'll give you her address and I'll call ahead to let her know to expect you to pick her up. She's a young blonde woman about your age and height who likes to wear a red dress, so you should be able to find her pretty easily once you get there." Miss Ashford said. Victoria waited until she was given Anna Ashford's address on a folded piece of paper, then read the address to have a basic idea of where in Capital Crocus she was going.

1837 Monarch's Lane.

Victoria wordlessly took off her backpack, opened it up, gently folded the note again, put the note inside the backpack, and closed it up again before putting the backpack on.

"All right, I'll set out for Capital Crocus immediately." Victoria informed Miss Ashford. The client nodded and Victoria climbed onto the Centaur, then cranked it up.

"Thanks again for doing this for me, Miss Sheridan! Just be careful on the road!" Miss Ashford thanked Victoria for taking the job and urged the brunette to be careful. Victoria gave a thumbs-up with her left hand, then gently backed away from Miss Ashford's house. Once she was safely away from the building she turned the Centaur onto the street and gently increased throttle to 3 MPH, then carefully drove through Sakuramori until she was clear of the town. Once she was outside the town limits Victoria increased throttle to 30 MPH and set out for Capital Crocus.

-Capital Crocus, one hour and thirty minutes later-

Victoria had made it to Capital Crocus without incident and was on her way to 1837 Monarch's Lane. It had been an uneventful ride up until she got to Monarch's Lane. Traffic got a little thick near her destination, but it was nothing the brunette could not handle. She turned left onto Monarch's Lane and began driving down the street in search of 1837 Monarch's Lane.

-Monarch's Lane, ten minutes later-

Victoria had reached Anna's neighborhood and was now looking for the house itself. However, she was not able to drive at a pace conducive to searching because she was being tailgated by a blonde young woman driving a black convertible. The Sabertooth mage had a pretty good idea of who it was, but she would not know for certain until she pulled off the road and took a closer look at the driver.

After driving a little over halfway through the neighborhood Victoria spotted 1837 Monarch's Lane to her left and whipped into the open driveway. She pulled up to near the end of the driveway and turned off the vehicle. She saw the blonde who had passed by her slam on brakes, throw the car into reverse, and roll into a stop in front of the house. The driver then drove into the driveway and parked beside Victoria's Centaur.

Victoria froze in place when she got a look at the face of the driver getting out of the vehicle.

It was Francesca Corlone, her old enemy from Rose Garden!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, BIKER BITCH?!" Francesca shouted at the brunette. Victoria's shock quickly turned to irritation as the blonde strode towards her demanding to know what the Sabertooth mage was doing. What Victoria was doing here was none of Francesca's business.

[Post Word Count: 824]
    [Total Word Count: 824/11,000]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Lacrima is valid until 6/15/2022. Proof of purchase is here. The General Store: Page 38, Page 947
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 2nd July 2021, 11:48 pm

Victoria frowned deeply. She was not in the mood for this nonsense, especially not this early in the day. She did not want to deal with her old enemy right now. Not until she could take Francesca down once and for all, anyway.

Victoria really wanted to tell Francesca to get lost, but she did not want to antagonize her old enemy... yet. Instead she settled for a weaker jab at her foe.

"Some of us have to work for a living, lady. I'm here on a job." Victoria replied. She risked blowing her cover by revealing some knowledge of the blonde, but she could not resist taking a jab at Francesca. Besides, her cover was not going to last forever. One day even Francesca would catch on that the tall brunette she kept encountering was just an alternate form of Victoria Sheridan, the mage she had "met" several times in Rose Garden back when Victoria was part of the guild Black Rose.

"What are you, Biker Bitch? A mage?" Francesca asked Victoria, getting into Victoria's face shortly after asking the question. The Sabertooth mage decided to answer the question in the hope that the blonde would just go away.

"Yes, lady. I'm a mage." Victoria answered, her patience dwindling with each passing second. She wanted to give Francesca a forceful shove that would send her old enemy falling onto her ass, but if she did that she would get arrested for assault. Instead Victoria remained patient and kept her hands to herself despite wanting to punch the blonde out for getting in her face.

"If you're a mage, what guild are you part of?" Francesca asked.

"What does it matter?" Victoria asked pointedly. Francesca's eyes narrowed and she stepped back. She drew her right hand back and slapped Victoria on the right cheek, causing the brunette's head to turn.

"NO ONE LIKES A SMARTASS, BIKER BITCH!" Francesca yelled. Victoria clenched her teeth. She wanted to knock Francesca on her ass so badly, but the brunette kept her cool. Barely.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm with Sabertooth." Victoria answered in an effort to defuse the situation. She was concerned that giving the name of her guild would blow her cover, but it could not be helped. She did not want to cause a scene.

"Was that so hard to tell me?" Francesca asked in a condescending manner and flashed a fake smile.

"Would it be so hard for you to mind your own business?" Victoria muttered a retort.

"What did you just say?!" Francesca asked Victoria, her smile disappearing.

"Nothing." Victoria replied innocently. Francesca glared at her, but Victoria flashed a fake smile of her own. Without any evidence of what Victoria had said the blonde was forced to move on.

"Rude biker bitch." Francesca muttered under her breath. Victoria ignored the remark and kept up the fake smile until Francesca huffed and turned around, walking back to her black convertible. She got into it and cranked up, then gave Victoria the middle finger.

"SEE YOU AROUND, BIKER BITCH!" Francesca shouted. She stomped the gas pedal and went in reverse, then went forward and drove out of Monarch's Lane as fast as she could go. Victoria was glad to see her go.

"Um... who was that?" A voice asked Victoria. The brunette turned towards the voice and saw a young woman with blonde hair, green eyes, and a red dress. The young woman was standing in front of a single-story house with a white exterior and a brown wooden door.

"Just some random stranger." Victoria calmly replied, deliberately hiding the fact that she knew the "stranger" she was referring to. The blonde looked confused for a moment before shrugging her shoulders and smiling at the brunette.

"You must be Miss Sheridan, the person Aunt Octavia said was coming to pick me up to take me to Sakuramori for a visit." The red-clad blonde said. Victoria nodded.

"I'm Victoria Sheridan. I'm part of the guild Sabertooth." Victoria introduced herself to the blonde.

"I'm Anna Ashford." The blonde introduced herself with a smile.

"If you'll give me a few minutes I'll be ready to go to Sakuramori." Anna said. Victoria gave a thumbs-up with her left hand and Anna disappeared back into the house. Victoria walked around the driveway and stretched her legs as she waited for Anna to return.

-Twelve minutes later-

Victoria stood next to the Centaur with her arms folded over her chest. She wondered where Anna was but did not dare go inside the house to look for her. The brunette put her arms by her sides and began to walk around the driveway when she heard the door to the house open. Anna strolled out with a red purse hanging from her left shoulder. Anna had also put on red earrings, red gloves, and a silver necklace. In Victoria's opinion the blonde had dressed up too much for the trip, but she was going to keep her opinion to herself.

"Sorry about the wait, Miss Sheridan. I'm ready to go now!" Anna informed Victoria. The brunette walked towards her Centaur and climbed on, then cranked it up. The hovercycle came to life and Victoria looked towards Anna.

"Climb on and we'lll get going!" Victoria said to Anna. The blonde obligingly walked towards the Centaur, climbed on the back, and sat behind Victoria. Once Anna was on board the brunette put the Centaur in reverse, backed out of the driveway, turned onto the road, and put the Centaur in drive, moving forward at a speed of 25 MPH. The pair were on their way to Sakuramori.

[Post Word Count: 942]
    [Total Word Count: 1,766/11,000]

Last edited by Victoria Sheridan on 6th July 2021, 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 6th July 2021, 1:22 am

-Sakuramori, outside Ms. Ashford's house, five hours later-

The pair had taken much longer than anticipated getting to Sakuramori. Part of the problem was that they had encountered a traffic jam on the way out of Capital Crocus, a traffic jam that was caused by someone driving a sports car not paying attention and slamming into the side of another vehicle in the center of a four-way intersection, blocking the road. The driver of the vehicle that was hit somehow emerged with only a broken left arm thanks to sheer luck while the driver of the sports car emerged with no injuries at all thanks to the vehicle's safety features and some sheer luck of their own.

Once the traffic jam had been cleared up after three hours of waiting the pair had made it to Sakuramori with no further problems except needed to take a restroom break in a convenience store in Capital Crocus. After that it had been an uneventful drive to Sakuramori with no traffic jams or encounters with old enemies. Now the pair sat outside Ms. Ashford's house and were preparing to get off of the Centaur when Ms. Ashford herself opened the front door to her house and greeted them.

"Hello Miss Sheridan! Hello Anna!" Ms. Ashford greeted the pair. Victoria and Anna waved at the older brunette as they approached her.

"Hi there." Victoria casually greeted her client.

"Hi Aunt Octavia!" Anna greeted her aunt. Victoria paused for a moment when she heard the name "Octavia" being mentioned. That was the name of her late mother, a person she did not even know aside from the name.

"How did the trip go?" Ms. Ashford asked both Victoria and Anna.

"It was kinda slow. There was a traffic jam caused by an accident at an intersection and the jam took three hours or so to clear, but no one died. The worst injury that happened was a broken arm." Victoria reported on the traffic jam that had held them up for quite some time.

"What Miss Sheridan said. Once we got out of Capital Crocus it was an uneventful ride here... not that either of us had a problem with that." Anna chimed in.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that the trip wasn't too difficult." Ms. Ashford told them. She then turned towards her house and pointed.

"Anna, are you interested in seeing and reading some books from a century ago?" Ms. Ashford asked her niece. Anna smiled widely.

"Certainly, Aunt Octavia! I can't wait to see them!" Anna replied with enthusiasm. Anna walked towards the house while the older Ashford faced Victoria.

"You don't have to hang around here if you don't want to, Miss Sheridan. Anna and I will be visiting for quite awhile." Ms. Ashford told Victoria.

"How long is awhile?" Victoria asked. It was probably none of her business, but she wanted to know so that she had an idea of how far from Sakuramori she could safely go.

"About twelve hours, sometimes longer." Came the reply. The older woman looked around to see if anyone was listening in before leaning close to Victoria.

"Usually longer. Like almost an entire day, even." Ms. Ashford informed Victoria in a low voice. The Sabertooth mage blinked. Ms. Ashford's face had a sympathetic look.

"My niece doesn't get out much ever since her parents died in a car accident. She might look happy on the outside, but inside she's not happy at all. She lives alone and I worry about her mental health, so I let her visit as often as she wishes, which isn't very often. In fact, this is the first time she's visited me in over a year." Ms. Ashford explained why Anna liked to stay so long whenever she came to visit. Victoria felt sympathy for the red-clad blonde. Lawrence Sheridan was the only living family the Sabertooth mage had left, so she knew what it was like to have a small family.

"Oh, OK. I'll let you show Anna those old books you were talking about." Victoria said. If she was not needed here, she might either hit the road and go back to Capital Crocus or she would see if Florence was available to chat.

"Don't worry about hanging around here waiting for Anna. She'll be here awhile. She might even spend a few days here. I'll call you and let you know if she intends to spend the night here or not." Ms. Ashford said to Victoria. The Sabertooth mage nodded.

"OK then. I'll see you later." Victoria said. Ms. Ashford waved goodbye and went inside her house, shutting the door. Victoria turned back to the waiting Centaur and walked towards it, climbing on board and cranking it up. She thought about where she wanted to go before putting the vehicle in motion.

Should she stay in Sakuramori and go see Florence or should she go back to Capital Crocus and see about her uncle?

After giving the matter some thought Victoria decided to go back to Capital Crocus. Her mentor was probably at work and Victoria did not want to bother her. The ponytailed brunette went in reverse until she was clear of Ms. Ashford's house, then put the vehicle in drive and drove carefully until she was clear of Sakuramori. Once she was out of the town she increased speed to 25 MPH and began driving towards Capital Crocus.

[Post Word Count: 904]
    [Total Word Count: 2,670/11,000]

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 11th July 2021, 1:03 am

-The Sheridan Estate, four hours later-

Victoria stood in the living room of her home, where her uncle Lawrence was sitting on the couch and watching the television. She could not see what he was watching, but it did not matter because her attention was soon diverted from her uncle by the arrival of another familiar face. The kitchen door opened and Laura walked out of it.

"Hello Miss Sheridan. It's nice to see you again." Laura greeted her. Victoria raised a hand in greeting and spoke to the silver-haired maid who had entered the room mere moments ago.

"Hey Laura. It's nice to see you too." Victoria greeted the maid who worked for her. Lawrence heard Victoria's voice and stood up from the couch, then turned to face her.

"Hey Victoria." Lawrence greeted her as warmly as he could, which was not very warmly. He was not an emotional man.

"Hey there." Victoria greeted him too. She was not quite used to having him around, so she did not quite know what to say to him other than a simple greeting.

"What are you doing here, Victoria?" Lawrence asked her in phrasing that sounded a lot worse than it actually was intended to sound. The brunette smiled a little.

"I transported the niece of an old client of mine to Sakuramori. The niece might stay there awhile, so I was given permission to leave the town if I wanted. The client will call me if their niece decides to stay with them or go home." Victoria replied with some details of the job she was currently on. Lawrence frowned for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders.

"OK. That sounds easy enough, but I'd still be careful if I were you." Lawrence said calmly. He walked around the couch and then walked over to Victoria.

"I might not be your biological father, but I'm the only real family you have left. I'm concerned about you, Victoria. I don't want you getting hurt out there." Lawrence said to her. Lawrence Sheridan was not a very sentimental man and his voice did not have much emotion to it. However, Victoria did not need a dramatic display of emotion to read his body language and learn that he was being sincere in his claim of caring for her well-being.

"I'm fine, Lawrence. Don't worry about me. If the mean streets of Capital Crocus couldn't kill me, then I think can survive just about anything." Victoria replied. She was feeling pretty confident in herself. She had survived battles with a serial killer, zombies, werewolves, ghosts, demon cultists, literal demons summoned by the aforementioned cultists, necromancers, and more. Lawrence frowned when he heard her claim.

"The mean streets of Capital Crocus almost did kill you, Victoria. Remember those slavers who cornered you in that back alley?" Lawrence asked pointedly. Victoria remembered "those slavers" he was talking about all too well.

"Yeah. I remember them." Victoria replied sourly. How could she ever forget them?

"I found you only by sheer luck, Victoria. If I hadn't found you when I did, you'd been just another statistic of the human trafficking trade." Lawrence reminded the Sabertooth mage that despite what she thought she was not invincible. Victoria did not need a reminder. The encounter with the Maws Of Hell was a strong reminder that she was not invincible. When she looked into the mouth of one she felt a fear she had never felt before.

"Yeah, I would have been just another statistic if it wasn't for you. But I didn't become a statistic. I was pretty damn lucky and I haven't forgotten that." Victoria commented. It was no exaggeration to say that the brunette owed him her life. However, she had become a lot stronger since the night they had met. She had become a lot stronger since the time he had taught her Merces Letifer Magic, the magic which allowed her to become a mage to begin with.

"I know that you remember, Victoria. It's just that I- I... damn. I forgot where I was going with that." Lawrence struggled to finish his sentence while Victoria waited patiently. She did not have to wait very long for him to get back on track.

"I know that you remember what it's like to be a poor street kid who lived off of whatever they could find in a trash can and had little choice but to run for their life whenever someone bigger and stronger even looked at them." Lawrence started talking, regaining his train of thought.

"Yeah. I remember those days pretty well." Victoria replied dryly.

"Once you learned Merces Letifer Magic from me, you didn't have to run for your life anymore. You could fight people who were bigger and stronger than you and you stood a good chance of winning. That's a pretty powerful feeling." Lawrence continued trying to make his point. He was right about the powerful feeling of knowing that she could defend herself from street hoodlums who were used to metaphorically (and literally) shoving her around with impunity. The first time she won a fight against a street hoodlum who had picked a fight with her because she looked weak gave her a rush of euphoria so intense that she smiled for two days straight. Victoria recalled that that victory was one of the first times she had been genuinely happy since she had been thrown onto the streets at only six years old.

If she recalled correctly, that fight had happened one day back when she was fifteen years old.

A lot had happened since that fight roughly six years ago. Victoria had gotten much stronger and was now fighting opponents a lot stronger than random street hoodlums. She had learned a lot about Merces Letifer Magic and had even surpassed her adoptive father in terms of raw magical strength. It was safe to say that Victoria had come a long way from her days as a street kid eking out a "living" in the bad part of Capital Crocus.

[Post Word Count: 1,010]
    [Total Word Count: 3,680/11,000]

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 16th July 2021, 12:17 am

After their exchange of words concerning her past Victoria and Lawrence stood quietly in the living room for a moment as a broadcast from Earthland News Network appeared on the television screen. Lawrence must have been watching Earthland News Network before they had spoken because the broadcast appeared so suddenly that Victoria was momentarily startled. Both Sheridans stood behind the couch and watched the television intently as a woman with short dark hair named Ashline Bariat made an announcement concerning the border clash between Bellum and Pergrande.

A ceasefire had been called between the two countries. That was a fairly good outcome, but of greater interest to Victoria was the report on the number of casualties both sides had taken. The numbers told a story in more ways than one.

Bellum had suffered the loss of 76 soldiers; 21 council mages, 44 crusader knights, 6 clerics and 5 arch priests.

Pergrande had suffered the loss of a staggering 939 soldiers; 345 recruits, 488 officers, 52 Imperial Guards and 24 Paladin-Privates.

The numbers made it fairly obvious that Bellum had managed to rally far more support for its cause than Pergrande. Victoria was genuinely surprised that Pergrande had gotten any support at all considering its stance on mages. She turned her thoughts away from that subject and focused on the television again.

Victoria listened to the rest of the broadcast and learned that the cause of the skirmishes was not known at the time. Ashline also stated that there while there were official investigations into the cause of the skirmishes, there was a greater focus on drafting a new treaty to maintain the uneasy peace between the two nations. Ashline promised to keep viewers updated as more news came in before thanking viewers for watching.

Once the broadcast ended Lawrence turned to Victoria and spoke.

"Hey Victoria, do you know anything about the fighting between Bellum and Pergrande that that woman just talked about?" Lawrence asked Victoria. Her stomach turned flips. He was going to hit the roof when he found out that not only did she know about the border clashes, but that she had also participated in them on the side of Bellum. It could not be helped, though. She would tell him the truth.

"Yeah. I know about it because I fought for Bellum." Victoria admitted to her father figure. After that admission the brunette could hear a pin drop and the mood in the room changed to one of simmering anger. Lawrence made eye contact and frowned at her.  Victoria involuntarily took a step back.

"You did WHAT?" Lawrence asked her. Victoria knew that it was a rhetorical question because he had heard her loud and clear. That question was simply a way for him to try and cope with what she had just told him.

"I participated in the conflict. I fought on Bellum's side." Victoria repeated herself loudly and clearly so that there was no misunderstanding. The burly man's expression did not change.

"That was utterly stupid, Victoria. The battlefield's no place for amateurs and thrill-seekers." Lawrence commented. It was Victoria's turn to frown. She dug in her heels and prepared to defend her reasons for participating in the conflict.

"I'm aware of that, Lawrence. But Bellum needed all the help it could get. I answered the call because Bellum needed help." Victoria started her defense by citing the urgent need of Bellum. It was not like Victoria woke up one day and decided to go fight in a conflict between two nations for the fun of it. Bellum was going up against Earthland's most militarized nation and needed anyone willing to fight on their behalf. Since she had the strength and the will to fight, Victoria had fought for Bellum.

Lawrence was clearly not impressed by that reason, so she had to try and convince him with stronger reasons.

"I helped Bellum because nothing good would have come from Pergrande's victory. The start of the conflict was the best chance of stopping Pergrande before it really got going." Victoria made another appeal, this time by claiming her participation was in pursuit of a greater good. She had fought for a country's right to exist. She had fought for a people's right to live. Those reasons had to be good enough to convince Lawrence that she had made the right choice by getting involved.

Again Lawrence was unmoved by her reasoning. Victoria was probably wasting her time by trying to reason with him, but she was going to try anyway. She owed him a lot for him rescuing her all those years ago.

"That's great and all, but ideals alone aren't a good reason to fight. The battlefield chews people up and spits them out. Whether you fight for ideals or not, when you're killed you're just as dead as anyone else." Lawrence flatly told her. Victoria clenched her teeth. Her patience had been sorely tested by that remark, but she kept just enough patience to remain calm with him.

"I didn't join the conflict for the fun of it, Lawrence. I didn't fight for a paycheck or for thrills. I fought for what's right." Victoria made one last attempt to calmly defend her decision. The burly man simply scoffed at her.

"Whatever. I'm not buying that at all." Lawrence told her flatly. Victoria took a deep breath and began thinking uncharitable thoughts about her father figure.

This was just a waste of time.

No matter what she said this man was not going to see reason.

He had already made up his mind, so why bother trying to change it?

[Post Word Count: 936]
    [Total Word Count: 4,616/11,000]

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 20th July 2021, 12:14 am

Seeing that the two were at an impasse regarding her reasons for participating in the border clash between Bellum and Pergrande, Victoria was not sure what she could say to her uncle and father figure to get him to change his mind. She had explained her reasons and he had a cynical reply each and every time. He seemed to have already made his mind up, so she was not going to waste any more time trying to change his mind.

"OK. You believe what you want, Big Guy. I'm not gonna beg for your approval 'cause it's already a done deal. I fought for what I believed in and I survived." Victoria told him bluntly. Being nice was not cutting it, so she was going to go for the not-so-nice approach. Lawrence frowned and folded his arms over his chest.

"Fine. We'll just have to agree to disagree then." Lawrence replied.

"Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree." Victoria agreed with him on that point. The brunette turned away and started to walk towards the stairs that led to the second floor. She needed to get away from him for awhile before she said something truly unkind to her father figure.

-On the second floor, Victoria's room-

Having left the living room, Victoria now sat on her bed waiting for a call from Miss Ashford concerning her niece Anna's decision whether to stay the night in Sakuramori or not. She had not heard from her client in quite some time. She and her niece must still be talking about antique books or some other curiosities from the past. That was fine with Victoria... she had already completed part of the job by safely transporting Anna to Sakuramori.

The brunette was a bit tired, but she did not want to go to sleep and risk missing Miss Ashford's phone call, so she put her feet on the floor and stood up. She was going to walk around her room in an effort to stay awake for Miss Ashford's phone call. As she walked around her room she wondered why Lawrence was so upset with her for fighting in the border clash.

Was he upset because he did not want her to get hurt or possibly even killed?

Or was he upset because he still saw her as the helpless street kid he had rescued over ten years ago?

Victoria did not know for certain, but she assumed that it was the latter. She assumed that Lawrence did not see her as an adult. He still saw her as a helpless street kid who could not defend herself or live on her own without his help.

Victoria reached the open door to her room and looked out in the hallway for a moment, then turned back and walked towards the center of the room.

She was twenty-one years old and in possession of formidable magic taught to her by Lawrence Sheridan and Florence Manderley. She had become one of the strongest mages in Sabertooth. She had fought against outlaws, werewolves, demons, necromancers, and demon cultists. She had proven many times that she could win against daunting odds by a combination of firepower, the occasional bit of resourcefulness, and sheer determination.

So why was Lawrence so angry at her?

Victoria thought his reason for teaching her how to read, write, count, and use magic was to prepare her to become an independent adult one day. In his absence she had become an independent adult who was a Guild Mage, who was making her own money, and who owned her own house. Technically the house was inherited from her parents, but the Sheridan Estate had been left to her and was now in her name, so it was her house regardless of how one sliced it.

So why was he still treating her like a child?

The brunette was walking towards the bookshelf on the left wall of the room and trying to find an answer to that question when she heard a knock on the door. Victoria stopped walking and turned around. Lawrence walked into the room with a frown on his face.

"I don't approve of what you did, Victoria. I also don't believe that you fought in the border clash for just ideals." Lawrence said to her. Victoria frowned.

"Then why do you want to talk to me?" Victoria asked him bluntly.

"I want to know what you really fought for, Victoria. What really motivated you to go and fight for another country?" Lawrence asked her plainly. Victoria took a deep breath.

"Nothing good would have come from Pergrande's victory. They don't like mages. I mean they REALLY don't like mages." Victoria replied, hoping that he would take the hint she was giving him about the doubtlessly unpleasant treatment awaiting Bellum's people if Pergrande had claimed victory in the border clash. Lawrence folded his arms over his chest and seemed unimpressed by that reason.

"OK, so they don't like mages. Besides you being a mage, how does that concern you? You live in Fiore. Why go fight for Bellum?" Lawrence asked her skeptically.

"Because it was the right thing to do. Pergrande doesn't like mages." Victoria replied, hoping that he would take the hint without her having to spell things out for him. Lawrence's frown did not let up.

"OK, we've established that Pergrande doesn't like mages. But you live in Fiore. Why go fight for Bellum?" Lawrence asked her again, clearly missing the point she was trying to make. It was Victoria's turn to frown. They were just going in circles with no end in sight and that was getting old really fast. She needed to get through to him somehow, but that was not going to be easy.

[Post Word Count: 960]
    [Total Word Count: 5,576/11,000]

Current date/time is 25th July 2021, 8:33 am