Age: Between 15-17
Birthday: July 29
● Can change her physical form and appearance according to her will
● Carries a sword most of the time that she conceals on her person
Human above all else, Syn is a well-layered nest of secrets. Talkative at times but extremely loathe to reveal personal information, she can come across as a large peach: soft and welcoming, but with a hard pit impossible to crack. Although she has altogether too many fears, she strives to surpass their hold on her mind and will put her soul into accomplishing whatever she aims for at the time. Her primary focus is on the pure enjoyment and happiness of life. As a person with fairly strong morals, she rarely compromises on her inner compass. In Syn's opinion, allowing someone else to dictate how you feel is the first step towards losing yourself. For these reasons, she is fiercely independent in terms of organization and backing; Syn prefers to go without a strong management or boss in her workplaces. At the same time, she has a healthy respect and admiration for certain leaders or those in power. These feelings are contingent upon impressive performance, however, and she expects people who are representatives of humanity to constantly seek future improvement in themselves. Similarly, they should also strive to ameliorate the condition of those around them, starting with freeing the individuals they are most directly responsible for.
Despite her seriousness when it comes to certain issues or topics, Syn is generally playful and willing to open up on a surface level at least. She has no problems in a whole being around others and working with them. A classification as a loner might be apt from the perspective of someone who has seen her reject the teachings and bindings of different groups or institutions. However, Syn is not really a person who solely prefers the company of herself over anyone else. Instead, the happenstance of her often being alone is more a consequence of her inability to compromise and her willingness to speak her mind, no matter how inconvenient for polite conversation.
There are a few conflicting parts of Syn that tug her heart back and forth. At times, as noted, she can do away with nice words and neat platitudes for the sake of spelling out the truth and sharing her thoughts with candor. Yet, Syn is not the type of person to bluntly dish out insults nor say the first thing that comes to her mind. In fact, she despises the type of person to disguise cruelty as honesty. There is a fine balance, and often times it can be difficult to walk it, but she has made the choice to try her hand in doing so. In addition, Syn does not care too much for the laws of the land. Her level of respect for local peacekeepers is existent but the opposite of impressive. She does not often show derision, but in this case, it might be appropriate in her eyes. It is always her feelings and empathy that guides her. Strict on herself, Syn does suffer from certain levels of anxiousness and can occasionally fall into depressive states, where she does not feel as though her actions are enough. Despite her mental state at any given point in time, she will always apologize for unduly lashing out at someone or for treating them in a way she perceives to be too harsh, etc. With her conscience as her guiding factor, Syn always tries to take full responsibility for her actions.
Nonetheless, she does not take lightly scenarios of guilt-tripping or similar passive aggressiveness. It aggravates her, and she would be more than likely to demand someone speak up straight about their feelings. Although she does care to a certain extent how people feel around her and would not want them to be in a negative emotional state due to her presence, she will almost never bite her tongue simply for the sake of someone else's mood. As a friend, Syn can be considered a reliable person who would go to the ends of the earth for someone she cares about. Simultaneously, though, she does not condone poor behavior from people she knows, despite offering her support in getting back on the right track or whatever might be the case. She has her fair share of nightmares and ghosts that haunt her with accusations of culpability, so she can be fairly understanding of circumstances. Wrongdoings are still not acceptable, but nothing is certain in life. For that reason, flexibility in seeking to comprehend and if necessary, accommodate, people and their reasons for their actions is key.
● Meeting New People ● Syn has a passion for engaging in conversations and activities with strangers, who may very well be the friends she simply has yet to meet.
● Seeing New Sights ● Just akin to her desire to understand new individuals comes her innate wanting for new landscapes. Syn wishes to understand both the current states of locations and how they came to be this way.
● Sleeping ● Although Syn has pulled many a sleepless night for the sake of getting something done, she is at heart a girl who loves the comforts of a bed and numerous blankets. There is no place better to think or dream, in her heart.
● Inhumanity / Inhumane Conditions ● At times, life is not all sunshine and rainbows. Syn has an acute understanding of reality, and reality can often be cruel. However, that does not mean she has to like it. The brutal actions of others are the most disgusting for her. Nature will run its course and humans must live with it for the most part, but with advancements in magic and ethics, Syn feels it is possible to raise the standard of living for all individuals.
● Sensory Deprivation ● Growing up, Syn learned to rely on herself and her senses. Without a knowledge of what is happening around her or to her own body, Syn would feel extremely uncomfortable and irritated, angry even.
● Emphasis on Beauty ● Syn is not immune to the effects of advertising nor the innate part of her that marvels at symmetry and complimenting colors. Regardless, she dislikes someone who judges a thing or person based on its appearance. Rather than valuing an object for being cute, she would much rather base her opinion off of its purpose, feelings, journey, etc.
● Righteousness ● Her core values are deeply woven into her sense of being. Syn acts based upon what she believes to be right. Certainly, it can be possible for her to acknowledge or entertain others' perspectives, but she rarely compromises her principles.
● Freedom ● Syn is not a wealthy individual, but when possible, she seeks to donate either her time, money, or other forms of wealth or property to those in need of them. Ownership and the right to have is the start to being an individual. She highly values a person's individuality and ability to choose what they want for themselves.
● Understanding ● Sometimes, what a person needs is only to be understood. Comfort can come from knowing you are not alone. This is what Syn both desperately wishes to grant others and also has a requirement for, herself. Unity on the whole is rare, but small moments of stars perfect aligning...they show that humanity exists and is a powerful force.
● Inability ● The sensation of being unable to help oneself, let alone others, is terrifying. Syn's anxiety about her possible lacking, whether in power, faculty, or other means, can keep her awake at night and training rather than sleeping.
● Loss ● Nothing in life is for sure. Syn has experienced tragedy in the past and she will surely have to knuckle down and continue living through future events that want to bring her to her knees. The thought can be frightening, but she does her best to keep any worries from influencing her behavior unduly. Another part of loss is failure. Her endeavors are not always going to succeed, and she knows this, yet victory evading her acquittal is still a blow.
● Inner Corruption ● Syn feels like she knows herself. Self-awareness is something she practices quite often, and there is usually a running monologue inside of her brain. Still, there is the possibility that one day she might, herself, fall off the wagon and begin compromising to such an extent that she no longer believes in and fights for what her old self wanted. This prospect is scary and saddening, especially since Syn knows that her future self may likely simply take it as her future principles being the new, enlightened ones. Whether or not that is true she cannot have knowledge of now.
Hair: Blonde ● Strawberry, Honey
Eyes: Brown ● Golden
Skin Tone: Fair
Guild: Meliora Vitae
Tattoo: Upper right chest
Tattoo Color: White