Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2]

Killua
    Killua

Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 283,335

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Thunder God Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2] Empty Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2]

Post by Killua 29th May 2021, 12:35 pm

A loud groan could be heard as a white-haired kid walked on the dirt road towards his destination, the burning sun showering him, as the heat was getting unbearable for the teen. He was dressed in his casual shorts and T-shirt, the only new thing about it was the hat the was pushing his hair down as he used to protect himself slightly from the sunlight.. or at least he was able to see without the sun getting in his eyes. It was far too hot for him to wear his military outfit, which he would prefer for this situation to not give a profile of himself if someone caught sight of him, which now it was bound to happen.

His target? It was some dig site, apparently, the archeological team there had unearthed some artifact, or at least it was something valuable, from what the limited information the underground had on the matter when they gave him the job. Either way, it piqued his interest in it, it could either be useful to him or he would just give it for money, he saw it as a win both ways. Not many guards were stationed and it was mostly an archeological team. The other win was that it was in some ruins, completely uncovered, a few temple-like buildings and other smaller ones around it.

As he approached the dig site, he laid in the dirt, observing the area. The buildings and ruins themselves were in a man-made crater, as they dug them out. He could see most of the people there, some guards not heavily armed, that didn't matter though, if he had to he would use lethal force, not against the civilians though or at least if they didn't try anything funny, it was rare for him to kill unarmed people or people that didn't prove to be a threat, even though he's fucked up childhood, some say he still had somewhat of a moral compass, albeit it was quite broken.

Exhaling, he got up, dust now covering his gray-ish T-shirt and pants, the white-haired teen didn't bother dusting himself, instead just sliding down into the crater, and casually walking into the compound as if he was part or with someone from the team, he could pass as a kid, but the closer he got, the faster he realized that this won't work for long, as there were no other kids.

As he walked by, he passed a set of guards, they had given him suspicious looks but paid him no more attention, at first.

"Hey! Kid, come over her." A man suddenly yelled from behind him, turning around, he faked an innocent smile, before. "You shouldn't be here kid, can you show me a clearance card?" The man asked, as Kil got close to them, they both grabbed him by his arms. "I know you don't have one kid, we've been here for weeks we would know if we have any kids here."

"I would have asked nicely, but.." He said, as electricity charged up and both men got electrocuted heavily, both falling to the ground releasing him in the process. Whether they were dead or alive, he didn't care, he didn't bother checking. He moved forward towards the main ruin, it looked like it was there from the faint energy source.

A few more guards had appeared along his way, all faced the same faith, electrocuted, they were still alive, though they will be out for some time, there was only 1 guard left and from the looks of it, it was the boss of the security team. The guard stood between Killua and a female dressed in whiteish clothing, with some streaks of black, the guard himself wore an open sleeve black jacket, grayish short pants. "Miss Blair, please stay back, this individual is dangerous." He said as he prepared a giant metal club, with spikes, ready for the young dark mage to dash at any given moment.

"You know if you just show me the artifact I'll let you live." The young one said as electricity danced between his arms. "Not a chance buddy, I'll die if I have to let these people live." The bold claim, earned a sigh from the young teen, he didn't plan on killing anyone initially, if some died from the electrical shock it was because they were weak, but he doubted that this giant would stay down. "Impress me and I'll let her get away after I'm done here." most of the archeological team had already evacuated, most likely she was the only one close to the artifact from what Kil could piece, that was the only logical conclusion.

As the man charged with a roar, Kil moved forward as well, due to his size, he had a big advantage, easily dodging the club while maintaining his position to follow it with his body, making himself hard to see. As the giant guard took a few more swings, Kil used this opportunity to counter, after dodging the first strike he quickly sent a few jabs to his right leg before finishing with the last fist going into his abdomen, bringing the giant to his feet.

Kil requiped a suppressed pistol, and put it to the head of the now kneeling giant, blue looked into the man's own brown eyes. "This could have been avoided." He whispered as he pulled the trigger, the life leaving the guard's eyes, as he slumped forward.

Looking around, yet another sigh escaped from him as the woman had gotten away. What hassle, I was gonna let her life anyway. His eyes shifted back to his target, the main building and he went towards it. As he entered, he noticed the strange energy barrier around a peculiar blue gem, at closer inspections, the barrier circled around the gem in a defensive manner and it looked like it was made of lightning, coating an arm with his own black lightning, he attempted to pierce the barrier, his hand slowly going through it, attempting to grab the gem...

@Digit v2

WC:1012
    Kil talking is in blue

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 
    Lineage : Buccaneer’s Bounty
    Guild : None
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 785,745

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Augur Concordia
    Second Magic: ???
    Third Magic: ???

Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2] Empty Re: Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2]

Post by Digit v2 30th May 2021, 3:26 pm

The woman who had managed to escape the terrifying lightning user had done so at the cost of her chief of security. Unlike the other guards, who still seemed to be alive, well most of them, she had seen the strange youngster shoot the security leader in the head. As she fled, she knew that there was nothing she could do to stop the dark mage from taking the artifact, by herself. However, she had a plan. Hopefully, it would not be too late.

Whipping out a communication device, she dialed a number, as her hurried steps slowed down. The lightning mage had not followed her, so she was safe... for now. A voice spoke up at the other end, and Miss Blair let loose a stream of words without waiting to even hear what the person was saying.

"No doubt you saw everything on the ocular lacrima. I told you that something like this needed a strong mage on security detail. Now some dark mage has killed off all the guards and is trying to get the artifact..."

The voice at the other end, a deep gruff voice, let her finish, before asking: "What of the transportation device? Is it intact?"

"I believe so," she replied. "The assailant seemed to be only interested in getting into the building, so it should be untouched."

"Fine. We're sending a reserve unit to the area." The person at the other end hung up.

"Your 'reserve unit' better be strong," Miss Blair muttered, as she resumed her escape, putting as much of a distance as she could between herself and the white haired dark mage.

There was a flash and a dull boom, as a small pedestal flashed to life and let out a pulse of magic energy. The pulse was obviously a transportation wave, for where it flashed, it brought along with it the forms of three people. The shortest of the three sprung off the pedestal and scanned the area, his long ears cocked up, listening for signs of movement.

"Trust the Magic Council to call us in when the party's done," Bayne huffed disapprovingly. The other two stepped off the pedestal as well, surveying the incapacitated bodies of the guards and the ruins around them. Then they looked at each other, an unspoken thought passing between them, and the woman nodded.

"The culprit is still here," Goethe said, as he strode towards the largest of the ruins. With his 'Sight of the Claviger', he could sense that whoever he had been sent after was already within the ruins, interacting with a source of energy that his normal magic sense could easily detect. He was the "reserve unit", the last line of defense for this archaeological rig, though he felt that he had been called in a little too late. Due to the desire to minimize costs, the funder of the archaeological expedition had not wanted any powerful mages, as paying them would deal his pockets a huge blow. However, Miss Blair, the head of the team, insisted that they needed a strong mage, just in case their work attracted a dark one. So, the funder had opted for the reserve unit; Goethe would hang around back at the head quarters, and if there was no incident, the only thing the funder would have to pay for would be Goethe's feeding and a little extra. But Miss Blair had been right.

Goethe paused by the body of the dead guard, his face pensively moody, as he looked down at the fresh corpse. Then slowly, he raised his head and looked straight into the building. He saw a short person, back turned to him, attempting to bypass a powerful barrier from the looks of it. Goethe noticed the strange form of electricity that enveloped the intruder's arm. It was black.

"Slayer magic? That electricity is black. Likely a Godslayer..."

"Mages of different sorts channel elements with different colors and characteristics," Arnoba replied directly in his mind. "Slayer or no, be careful. You might want to postpone scientific observations till after this battle."

Goethe nodded, as he opened his right hand, with his palm facing the ground. A large brick, part of what had been a wall or something, was yanked off the ground by a telekinetic power. as it stopped inches from his hand, he raised that hand, pointing the open palm towards the intruder's back. The brick followed his palm, rotating slowly in the air in front of his hand, so that a straight line now existed between the white haired youth and the brick. Then Goethe flicked a finger, and the brick shot through the air at a swift speed. It was more than capable of knocking the average person out senseless, and would leave a nasty bump. For a mage, who was hardier than the normal person, it would hurt bad. Weaker mages would probably be smitten senseless by the projectile. The intruder's reaction would give Goethe a guess at the level of opponent he was up against, but if he could kill the chief of security pretty quickly, he was no pushover.

Unless the white haired boy was completely focused on getting the blue gem, he would have sensed Goethe's magic signature, for the young man had done nothing to hide his presence. Speaking up, just as he launched his projectile, Goethe said:

"Now, now; you should know it's not good manners to touch other people's stuff."

WC: 909
    TWC: 1921

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Killua
    Killua

Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2] Empty Re: Archaeological Activity Interrupted. [Private/Killua/Digit v2]

Post by Killua 5th June 2021, 4:15 pm

He was excited as the two energy's collided against each other, it wasn't hurting him at all, just tingling a bit, and for some reason, he felt drawn to the little blue gem inside the force field of electricity, he was almost there, his finger almost being able to touch it. Was it pure interest at this point that was drawing him to the gem or something external, he began to wonder, it felt like.. it was calling him, he was pulled out of his thoughts however as he felt a magic signature for the first in the whole compound that drew his attention, it was larger than the guards and it felt like it was coming for him.

As his concentration dwindled on the force field due to the energy source he felt as he lost progress, the electricity pushing him backwards, irritation was building up in him, he should have had the gem by now. And now everything was lost as he moved his hand out of the force field and his head to the side, a brick disintegrating into the blue lightning that was around the gem.

He turned back as the new person spoke, eying him, examining him from head to toe. Nothing particular grabbed his attention until he focused clearly on his magic signature. 'Strong' He thought as he smirked in the process.

Putting one hand behind his back and another to his chin, mimicking a thinking pose, he spoke back. "Technically I didn't touch it and I don't see other people, so I thought why not?" He spoke with a playful tone. It was all an idea to distract the other white-haired man as a circular ball appeared in his hand. It was his Roller Mine, subtly he dropped it behind his back, sliding back his leg as he put it back a bit, activating in the process. Since it was controlled by the user it easily moved around them, making an attempt to reach the other mage.

"You know it's also bad manners to throw bricks at people, like seriously if that hit me, it could have caused some brain damage, am good as it is, I don't need more." He said as he shrugged. As he finished speaking, the mine had rolled up to his assailant, releasing 2 beeping noises, before it turned steaming red and exploded, attempting to catch him in it if he didn't react fast enough or knew about the mine.

"Oops" Kil said playfully. "That may have been mine."

WC: 421
    TWC: 2342
    @Digit v2

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Digit v2 6th June 2021, 1:05 pm

The easy way with which the boy evaded his brick pointed to the fact that he was no pushover. Goethe had not planned to underestimate him from the get go, what with the ease with which he had killed Miss Blair's head of security... and the woman had been full of praise for the man. Thus, if that was anything to go by, he would have to take this dark mage seriously.

There was another testament to the white haired boy's strength: the way he had interacted with the electrical defense surrounding his target. While Goethe had no idea of what the gem was capable of, the mere fact that the boy could invade the electrical field was more proof of his strength. Being a master of elemental magic didn't matter to such fields; once one was not strong enough to break through them, their control over the element would be useless. With the way the brick was atomized by the electrical field, it should have done a number on the boy's hand, if he was not powerful enough.

"Right..." Goethe replied, with a smirk and a nod, obviously not taken in by the boy's ironic statement. The boy had a sense of humor, and Goethe would have liked that, had he not been at variance with him at this point. The smile on his faded into something more serious. "I'm not going to ask you why you're after that artifact, though I would be very much pleased if you told me. Still, you didn't have to kill that man. I'm afraid I'll have to arrest..."

He was interrupted by two beeping sounds, looking down in time just to see a strange device just at his feet. "You sneaky...!" Whatever he wanted to say was muffled by a loud boom, the resultant sound from the explosion caused by the mine. Baynard, who was on the other side of Goethe, sprang away from the explosion, suffering no harm, save perhaps for a little singed hair. The smoke and dust of the blast obscured Goethe for a bit, but as it cleared away, it revealed the crouching form of the young man. Through the dust and smoke, any observer would be able to make out a glow, even before they saw Goethe. The radiance came from a massive tower shield, outlined by runic symbols and seemingly crafted from energy. It was obvious that this shield had been created between Goethe and the mine at the last moment, and with the size of the shield, he could duck safely behind it and enjoy protection from the explosion. The runes pulled away from the shield and began to revolve around Goethe, while the tower shield faded away and vanished.

"Quick thinking, but that was a close one," Bayne said, as he thrust his hands into the gloves holstered at his sides. "Yeah. Good think I didn't plan on underestimating him. Looks like he likes sneaky attacks, but I've got the solution for that. Sight of the Claviger, activate!"

As his powers kicked in, Goethe decided that he would keep the Sight active until the battle was done, so that he would not be taken off guard by any secret or hidden attack... at least, as much as was possible. He straightened into a standing position. "Okay, you almost got me, I'll give you that. Let's see if I can't pull a few tricks of my own." He took a ready stance.

"My turn, kid." With that, he charged.

Goethe was not much older than the white haired boy (at least from looks alone), but he could play on the age and height cards to attempt to get the boy riled up. It was a double edged strategy: the opponent would get angry and less prudent, but that meant there would be more violence behind their attacks. As he approached, he drew back his hand and threw a blow at the manipulator of the thunder element. However, something about that blow was off. Goethe was not even in melee range, so he was not supposed to have any business throwing blows so far away. Unless...

The white haired boy would not see anything out of the ordinary, but he would sense it instead: a powerful force, like a wave, rushing towards him, trailing the path of Goethe's blow. Goethe liked his telekinetic attacks. They were almost like an extension of himself, and they packed a pretty punch. If the boy stood there waiting to see a physical manifestation of an attack, he would be in for a rude shock.

WC: 764
    TPWC: 1673
    TWC: 3106

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Killua 11th June 2021, 7:40 am

Kil eyes the explosion lighting up the room, a few quakes could be felt throughout the building but it was steady, a quick glance behind him and he noticed that the force field wasn't disrupted in any way. He hoped that it would a bit, making it easier for him to snatch the gem but it wasn't going to happen now. Turning back towards the now clearing up smokescreen, he noticed the glow that was coming from it, tilting his head, he waited as the smoke cleared, it looked like that guy wasn't a pushover.

As the smoke cleared, Kil let out a whistle at the giant tower shield that stopped any damage being delivered by the Roller Mine. "I don't think I'll get you with another one of those, so let's entertain each other a little bit, as for your question, I just heard about it and decided to check it out, also I told him that I wouldn't kill him if he got out of my way, he chose wrong." He said as he walked forward a bit, he wasn't going to continue, he still had no idea what magic his opponent used or anything concrete of the type of fighter he is.

"Let's see what you've got." He replied as the other mage charged at him, he didn't mind being called a kid, he was still pretty much one when you take all his powers and killing. However yet again Kil tilted his head in confusion as the other male had charged, he has stopped somewhat mid-way, throwing a fist into the air towards him. "Are you jok-" There was no chance for him to finish that sentence as he felt a strong wave brush against him, before being sent backward towards the gem, colliding with the wall next to the gem, the force field flickering a few times from the impact.

As the dust settled, Kil could be seen pulling himself out of the wall, rubbing his left cheek as he spat out a bit of blood. "Jesus, can you stop aiming for the head, I'm damaged enough up there." He said with a smirk, he was strong and Kil appreciated that, even though he tried to cave in his head into the wall. "My turn." The dark mage said as he raised his right hand.  Killua focused black lightning at the tip of his index finger, raising his thumb above his fist to act as a hammer, and the index finger extended forward to mimic a gun, aimed at his assailant, bringing his thumb down a concentrated blast of electricity was released, aimed at his chest.

"Let's see you dodge this." He said with a smile as he prepared for the other white-haired teen's next move, he was sure that even if he did hit him, he wasn't going to stay down from something like this.

WC: 481
    Total WC: 3587

Digit v2
    Digit v2

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Digit v2 11th June 2021, 1:57 pm

Goethe was quite pleased that his attack had hit home. He had to admit that his Spirit Arms had one major flaw: invisible as it was, it could be detected by anyone alive. As long as the person had a soul, they would be able to sense it coming... unless they were pretty distracted, or the concept of the attack was new and confusing to them. He was sure that as far as the white haired dark mage was concerned, the latter was obviously the case, though he had actually expected the boy to dodge it.

"Well, that was rich. He tanked your punch with his face," Bayne observed.

"I don't expect him to be down and out," Goethe replied. "He's strong enough to force his way through that barrier, and he killed Miss Blair's head of security without breaking a sweat. I'd say he was trying to test my abilities. That's cocky, in my opinion, but it's a hint at the fact that he shouldn't be taken lightly."

The telekinetic punch had raised a copious amount of dust at the point where the dark mage had collided with the wall from the force of the attack, and as the dust cleared, Goethe could see that he was already on his feet.

"See?" he said to Bayne.

Chuckling at what the boy had said, Goethe readied himself for the boy's retaliatory strike. "Yeah, most of us are damaged in the head one way or the other. I get your point. I'll aim for your feet, then."

"Or his groin...?" Bayne offered. Goethe stared at him incredulously. "You horrible little...! No! Just, no!" Bayne gave a short laugh, then became stern. "Heads up, Goethe."

Goethe was aware that the boy was making his move. If anything, his words confirmed it. He watched the boy point his finger at him, redolent of a gun, the type that came with a hammer. The obsidian lightning crackling at the tip of his finger surely was meant to be fired at him. Goethe considered using the Spectral Shield once again, but he thought that it might just be a straightforward attack that might be easy to evade.

The boy fired.

Yes, Goethe was right: it was a straightforward attack. No, Goethe was very wrong: it was not easy to evade. In fact, he would later on surmise that what the spell lacked in perplexity, complexity or bewilderment, it made up for in speed. Goethe moved to avoid the attack, but he was not fast enough. In a black flash, the spell was done. He would have said he dodged it, if he didn't feel a searing pain shoot through his shoulder. He looked down at the spot, which emitted a thin wisp of acrid smoke, and he could smell the burning of his flesh in it. Then he looked over his shoulder at the hole in the wall behind him, which released its own trail of smoke and dust. The surprised look on his face waned as he turned to look the boy in the eye.

"Can we draw out some very important rules, here and now?" he said in a calm voice. "I don't aim for your head, and you don't punch holes in my jacket. Do you know how many Jewels it costs to get a comfy jacket that launders well and doesn't shrink or lose color over time?"

He sighed and pulled off the jacket, studying the hole with a solemn expression on his face. Bayne, on the other hand, was a bit more ruffled. "Don't make light of that injury, silly! It might cost you a lot more than a hole and a jacket." He clenched his gloved hands and raised them in an offensive stance. Goethe nodded without looking at his friend. "Yeah, I got'cha." He suddenly heard Arnoba's voice in his thoughts:

"What on earth are you doing, Goethe Ackermann?! This is not someone you should be playing around with..."

"I can see that, Arnie," he answered aloud. "No, you and Bayne sit this one out. He's only one. I want this to be a fair fight."

"If you're underestimating him again..."

"Nah, I can't do that. I respect the power I'm sensing from him. But I'm no green horn myself. If you want to help, you can keep the jacket until I'm done." he threw the jacket at Bayne, who did not deign to touch it. However, as it was going to plop so rudely over his head, he clicked a finger and it vanished. "If you want to see that jacket again, it's going to cost you, punk."

Goethe rolled his eyes, as he started walking towards the boy. "So much for friends," he said in a mock offended tone. Then he faced the white haired mage. "I'm Goethe Ackermann. I want to fight you as an equal, so I'd like to know your name."

He slowly raised his hands into a boxer's stance. "You'll have to forgive me, but my magic is kind of a one-track pony. I've got just a few moves... like this!"

Goethe thrust out an open palm towards the boy, clenching his fist as he did so. If he had not learned his lesson, the dark mage would feel a crushing grip wrap around his body and lift him off the floor. And if he was unfortunate to be caught in that invisible, unyielding grip, Goethe would attempt to hurl him across the room, like one would hurl a baseball.

WC: 919
    TPWC: 2592
    TWC: 4506

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Killua 17th June 2021, 7:37 am

A pleasant smile appeared on his head as his attack struck, it was obvious that he didn't expect the speed behind it, but most likely this was the last time he would get him from such a distance, but it was still a win, it wasn't just him taking damage now "Oi, a piece of fabric and someone's head are two entirely different things, and you removed the jacket so how is that fair." He said with another smirk, the other white-haired mage had some spunk and wasn't afraid to bicker with him, even though at the current moment he was trying to arrest him and they were basically enemies. At the least, Kil wasn't going to leave completely disappointed if he didn't get the strange shiny blue gem, getting the chance to relieve some of the stress that's been building up in an even or slightly uneven battle was enough for him, he was pretty sure that he was getting out of this, one way or another.

"Look I can take the gem and we can call it even for trying to cave in my head." He said as he noticed the other mage walking forward a bit and introduced himself. Eying the now know Goethe, he walked forward, as black lightning danced around him, before engulfing him, his hair electrifying, looking whiter than before. The fight was getting kicked up a notch from the looks of things and he knew there was no time for him to play around here, so he answered as he removed any restraints that he had. He chucked a bit at his remark for friends. "Maybe another time we could be. My name is Killua, Killua Keener, the pleasure's mine Goethe, now let's continue, and I'll give you a hint for mine, it's what you'd call a slayer magic."

As he finished introducing himself, Goethe was the first one to attack, and this time Kil had no intention to get hit by it, as he extended his senses and felt the attack vibrate through the space between them, it was quick for him, moving to the side with his now enhanced speed from his god slayer magic. "You say it's a one-trick pony, but I feel like there's more to it, other than the fact that you can't see it." He remarked, charging swiftly towards Goethe, mid-way, however, he stopped or rather spun in one place, one leg extended in the air as electricity gathered around it, now it was the time for his attack, as he spun his leg through the empty air, an electricity field filled the area, going in a full circle around him attempting to reach Goethe and at the same time to disrupt the energy field, that was also his underlying plan. If he had to run, at least get the gem with him.

Dust kicked off from his attack as they were still in the old ruins of the archeological site, waiting for a chance to admire his handiwork when the dust settled, this attack was slower than the last, so he was pretty sure that his enemy would come out unscathed from it. "I hope you're alive and kicking cause it's gonna get boring if your not." He called out through the dust, it was slightly a double-edged sword, revealing his exact location, but he cared little for it at the moment, all he wanted was a good fight, win or lose, it was some time since he got to stretch out like this.

WC 588
    TWC: 5094

The spell used for reference: Thunder God's Whirlwind S-rank

Current date/time is 20th June 2021, 6:55 am