Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[EVENT] Hey! Be My Valentine? (Percy/Leon)

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 336,993

Completed Re: [EVENT] Hey! Be My Valentine? (Percy/Leon)

Post by Gwydion 10th March 2021, 9:36 pm

"Good! I'll teach you to play pool beforehand, then. Then you can hustle my cousin. He's awful!" Percy laughed, getting some twisted amusement out of the thought alone. "Make sure you make him put his money upfront, though. He's a lousy cheater." Gabriel was the cousin he was referring to, someone Leon wouldn't know but he'd make sure to point out when the time came. Neither he nor his brother got along with him or his sister, so there was more than a little bad blood between them. Why was he invited? Mostly because he'd just show up anyway. He was a socialite in that way...basically the opposite of how Percy normally was.

Sobering a little from his thoughts of the mean-spirited prank, Percy leaned forward and rested his chin in his braced palm. He'd jabbed a meatball or two into his mouth, seeming distant for a moment while he chewed. "You know, I'm not doing it for them. Maybe I owe it to myself," he said after a long pause, mulling over Leon's words. As far as he knew, what he was feeling right now was true, so he had no choice but to roll with his new mindset no matter how leary of it Leon was. "I've said all this stuff about wanting to stand as a Dagger on equal footing with my father and brother, but I've never made the effort other than searching relentlessly for magic and being good at my job. There's more to it than that, and I'm not just saying that because I have magic now. If anything, getting this magic has made it more clear that it's only the tip of the iceberg. How can I look them in the eye and expect the same respect when I just hide in my lab all day or chase monsters with Meliora Vitae?" he asked, and though he seemed calm and pragmatic, the meatballs he'd wanted so badly just moments before seemed to be bouncing around in his stomach. "I may never be the heir or as important as the rest of my family, but I can at least be something they can be proud of instead of just tolerated. I've never heard my father say he was proud of me, and we both know how my grandfather feels about what I do," he said, motioning vaguely to the obvious scar on his face. "I need to make myself valuable, stand on my own two feet, and connect with people. Connections are almost as much a part of strength as being able to protect what's important to you. You need absolute strength to take what you want in life. Throwing parties for people pretending to be your friends every now and then is a small price to pay. I'm not sure why I felt like I couldn't do it before."

This new Percy seemed to have it all together, to the point that he was completely convinced of his own words. Why hadn't he just channeled his professional behavior into his personal life before? It was just new home decor. It was just a party. It was just being 'normal'. Shouldn't he have more than two friends and know the names of his coworkers? What was easy for most people had always been a challenge for him and vice versa. He could still feel the discomfort when he thought about trying to be social, but it was so quiet that he could easily ignore it. For now. It would be easier said than done. One of these days he'd have to really ask himself what he wanted out of life, but today wasn't that day.

Giving up about halfway through the tray of meatballs he'd wanted so badly, Percy resigned to sitting and watching the man across from him. This was a whole other layer to the complexities of Percy's life, yet all he could do was tap the other man's shoe with his own under the table, a playful smirk tugging at his lips. Okay, so this was a weird date. Percy'd never been on a date, so it wasn't as if he would know what did and didn't make a date. "It's cute how concerned you are for me," he added quietly as if sharing a secret. It was ridiculous how attractive Leon was, enough that he ignored the obvious conflicts of interest to keep him close by. It was risky, but the alternative was too painful to really consider.

[wc: 748 || total: 6888]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 259,635

Post by Leon Hoffman 13th March 2021, 1:32 am

[EVENT] Hey! Be My Valentine? (Percy/Leon) - Page 2 59LBSTE

If I could turn back the clock, I'd find you sooner and love you longer

Everything Percy said made sense. It looked like this shut-in genius was finally making an honest effort into honing the skills that really made a Dagger a Dagger instead of chasing magic, which Leon continued to advocate against. Who knows? Maybe Percy really did owe it to himself to fulfill his true potential as a Dagger, and maybe a cat and some decorative changes was a step in the right direction, but Leon just couldn't shake that something was really off.

They had both gone through the same thing, fought on the same battlefield, saw the same sights, smelled the same air, but it felt like it was just Leon who struggled to cope with the reality of it all. He could only just recently pick up things and touch random stuff with his new arm, but Percy? Percy seemed to come out of this not only without a moment of weakness but greater strength as well. There wasn't any sensible transition between it all—it was like all of the clarity and good habit switches were flicked on all of a sudden. He was a little more forward than usual, more eager to do things, and Leon could've sworn that Percy hadn't stuttered a single time since coming back from Bellum—and he caught onto that quickly since he loved it when he fumbled over his words.

Percy seemed to shine a little brighter now, but that new light only seemed to make Leon even more concerned. Maybe he was selfish to expect Percy to dream the things he dreamed and to relive the horrors he relived, but he couldn't make himself feel secure with his new attitude. Maybe all of this was just some morbid envy? Leon didn't know. He didn't know what this all was and he didn't know if he should be supporting it or not. He just wanted Percy to be okay.

Leon ended up going to a rather gloomy headspace for a moment before he felt Percy's shoes lightly tap against his underneath the table, like some game of footsies. Looking at him, Leon gave him a small, lopsided smile. "I wouldn't say cute, but..." he gently pulled his shoe back and pressed it back down onto Percy's, "...whatever reasons you have for doing the things you do, you can count on me to be there when you need me. I'll always be here for you, 'kay? And if I die, I'll haunt you too. But like—the good kind of haunting, you know? If... there's a good kind of haunting. And...!"

The dark-haired Hoffman went on and on, reinforcing his unshakeable loyalty to his lover and mentor in a way that almost seemed doggish. It was no secret that he would die for Percy. After all, they've already been to war together and now they seemed joined at the hip for one reason or another.

. . . . . .

After their shopping spree and light lunch at ICEA, the two young men found themselves at Rose Garden's most popular animal shelter—Pets Without Parents. For Leon, who was still trying to process all of this in his head while simultaneously reinforcing his devotion to Percy in hopes of him opening up, it was still pretty wild that they were really here, about to get a cat. This was happening. Not only that, but Percy could only barely take care of himself as far as Leon was concerned, so how would taking care of a cat go?

Leon was a little on edge when he entered the shelter, but he seemed to lose himself in the playful yaps of puppies and mews of kittens that surrounded him and found himself staring into a kennel of black, brown, and golden lab-somethings. His intense face hadn't moved a muscle, but his eyes lit up as he pressed his hands against the metal.

Noticing how enchanted the big man was with the puppies, the young woman who worked there ended up going to Percy first.

"Hi! Can I help you guys with anything today?"

|| Word Count: 675 || Thread WC: 7,563 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    Notes: ???
    @Percy

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Post by Gwydion 13th March 2021, 2:56 am

Pets Without Parents. Depressing name, but the building was bright and cheery enough. So was the lady and the batch of excited puppies near the door, the latter which had Leon's intense attention. The two-toned man smiled to himself as he watched the taller man fawn over the very animal that he reminded Percy of. He might not like being called cute, but it was true all the same.

Leaving him to the puppies, Percy turned to the woman with a polite smile. "Yes, I'd like to adopt a cat," Percy told the woman earnestly, seeming very set on the idea.

"What kind of cat?" she asked, turning and leading the way to the cat area of the shelter.

Percy followed, eager to see the options though he had no idea what he wanted. "Just a cat...?"

The woman listed off a staggering amount of oddly termed breeds that they had, which effectively stumped the Dagger into some sort of vaguely stressed silence. Pointy ears, long tails, gray, orange, white, black? Solid and striped? "Mmmm, maybe I'll just see which one I bond with?" he asked, to which the woman nodded and smiled. That seemed to be a common angle.

Without further ado, Percy was allowed entrance to the Cat House, and his brain smoothed over. There were so many cats of all kinds. Long hair, short hair, striped, solid, all the colors... Now he was a little nervous. "Leon, come here," he called to the man just before he walked inside. Within seconds of sitting on the floor and apprehensively gazing around at all the inquisitive faces. A lot ran and hid, but there were a surprising amount of felines approaching him to sniff. There were even some kittens! How did one know which animal they were bonding with? As it was, a few were rubbing on him, but they all seemed like variations of the same thing. Did he go on aesthetics alone? Did he go for the friendly ones or did he need to go out of his way for a shy one? What was even considered a good cat? What made a good pet?

"Leon...help. How do you know how to pick?" he asked, looking a little helpless.

[wc: 372 || total: 7935]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 13th March 2021, 6:55 pm

Distracted by the puppies, Leon wasn't paying any mind to the cluelessness Percy was exuding when he was asked what type of cat he wanted. In fact, he paid no attention to his lover at all until he called him over to a cutely labeled room called the "Cat House". Quietly, Leon followed behind Percy as they stepped into this room, greeted with the mews of cats big and small, young and old.

"Well, uh..." he trailed off for a moment as he watched all the cats and kittens scurry about, some of them rubbing up against his leg too. With how determined Percy was on getting a cat, he looked a little helpless when it came to the actual process. Not only that, but Leon was more of a dog-person than a cat-person, so he didn't come here with the intention of picking one out. But picking a dog was pretty much the same process as a cat, right? "I guess people can be picky about looks, but I always get the little guy I bond with the most, you know?"

After that, Leon crouched down and held out his hand. He began to lightly click his tongue and invite the cats over to him, though they seemed to walk over and investigate even without the prompting. One was even trying to step onto his shoulders from a nearby cat tower, and another was nibbling his finger.

"Uhm... try getting down to their level like this?" Leon doubtfully instructed, mindlessly allowing the felines to inspect his body. Honestly, he wasn't sure how to describe something that was usually done by feeling.

|| Word Count: 272 || Thread WC: 8207 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 13th March 2021, 11:02 pm

Percy looked at Leon intently as if he held all the secrets, and as far as he was concerned, the man did. Watching him effortlessly interact with the animals made him a little envious, but also impressed him. Percy had never been very good with animals. Honestly, he was about as good with animals as he was with people. Down on their level apparently meant laying on his back, since that was the only way he could see that he could really get eye-to-eye with the smaller animals. It was then that he was mobbed by the friendlier cats, one of which seemed to think his face was great for laying on. He was a fluffy boy with long white fur and blue eyes. After flailing a little while being suffocated and feeling warm noses, rough tongues, and tiny paws all over his body, Percy sat back up with the big white one in his arms. Snorting out the rogue hairs from his nose and looking a little disheveled, he peered over at Leon with a slightly goofy smile.

He wasn't entirely decided, but he was already leaning toward the creature purring in his arms. However, something seemed to occur to him. "What happened to Robin? You haven't been home in a long time," he asked, wondering about the fate of the dog Leon had left behind. Actually, did he even still have his home in River Village? The man had intended to just leave the house and the dog to go back to Bellum forever, but he wasn't sure if he'd actually made the arrangements to move away permanently. It was hard to imagine Leon not being in his home with him now, after so long, but he also knew the time would come eventually on the assumption that he still had the home he'd made for himself.

[wc: 310 || total: 8517]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 14th March 2021, 2:15 am

Sometimes, when Leon watched Percy do Percy things, he had a hard time figuring out whether he took things too literally or took them in a completely different way entirely. Instead of crouching down as Leon had, Percy ended up sprawling across the floor and invited a swarm of fluff upon him, leaving nothing but a single white cat in his lap after flailing himself free of the soft suffocation.

Mildly amused, Leon shot a rugged smile over at Percy as they looked at one another, but that smile faded into something more pensive and thoughtful when he brought up Robin. Carefully and yet without thought, Leon gently let his prosthetic fingers glide across the backs of cats as they circled around him, his marigold eyes watching as the light glared off of it just a little.

"She's okay... when my family called me back home, it was all so sudden that I didn't even have time to properly give up my property and to rehome Robin, so I let one of my neighbors take her in until I could figure everything out. I was gonna do all of this over the phone once you left, but... well, you know," Leon played with their fur, letting the cats crawl over him as he waded through his thoughts. Everything happened on such short notice that he never really had the chance to properly tie up loose ends here in Fiore before flying back to Bellum. He didn't get to say his goodbyes to the people who treated him well, and he didn't get to do all of the things he wanted to do.

Well, he was back in Fiore now, but he still wasn't able to do any of these things just yet because of his nightmares and episodes. Such little time had passed, so it was no wonder that he was still in the deep-end of his trauma, continuing to wake up in traumatic fits at night. But he was at least able to make conscious efforts about his arm when was awake. He didn't even know where to start when it came to his past commitments.

"Actually, my therapist told me that I should start trying to get back into my own home about a week ago... sorry I didn't tell you," Leon suddenly looked a little guilty in between his intense, thoughtful gaze, but continued anyway, "I wanna see Robin and everyone else, and I don't want to keep mooching off of you... but it's hard to imagine going through one of those—one of those nightmares... and you wouldn't be there with me, y'know?"

If Leon had any convenient qualities, it was his honesty with others and himself. It didn't make him feel any better about it, but he was at least able to tell Percy exactly what was on his mind, except for his growing concern for his recent behavior. Leon wasn't scared of bugs or the dark, but he didn't want to be alone right now. Percy was all he had right now.

|| Word Count: 507 || Thread WC: 9,024 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 14th March 2021, 5:24 am

"Oh."

The small bomb Leon had dropped hung in the air for a moment. Percy's mismatched hues examined the handsome face across from him, then dropped to the cat curled into his good arm. Maybe this had been perfect timing. Being in an empty home seemed so daunting, but he couldn't really tell Leon not to go. Not only was basically asking to live together some sort of huge, official step that Percy wasn't remotely ready for, but he couldn't get in the way of Leon's therapy. He'd been making strides, but was he really ready for that? It was worrisome, but it'd probably be fine, right?

The discomfort in his chest was something he wasn't sure what to do with. The prospect of the two of them being separated again made him both more desperate for Leon's affections and wary of getting too used to them. It was as if part of him longed to cling while the other wanted to detach and save itself the pain. The last thing he wanted to do was push Leon away, yet there was this wandering thought that nagged at him. He'd already started losing weight despite his efforts to correct it, and the more Leon was around, the more likely he'd notice. It wasn't enough to notice yet, but soon enough sharing a bed every night would only aggravate Leon's recovery with worries beyond his own demons. Percy didn't know that Leon was already starting to worry, or that those who loved each other as they did often fought each other's demons together as a united front.

"Well, you haven't been mooching, and I like having you around all the time, but if that's what the therapist said is best..." he trailed, slowly bringing his gaze back to Leon with a soft smile. It would be lonely. Even with a cat. "I'm always just a phone call away. You can call me in the middle of the night if you have a night terror. I don't like it, but I guess she wants you to learn to cope without me. Maybe I'm a hindrance to your recovery," Percy mused, trying not to sound as sad as he was feeling. "But maybe, in the beginning, I can stay with you at your place? Like a week, and then every other day or something? I've never actually been to your house. I can help you adjust a little before we both adjust to being alone," he suggested, awkwardly picking up the feline that had apparently chosen him with both his good arm and bad. With a small wince, he held him out to Leon to see how the fluffy white creature felt about his lover and vice versa. "Maybe this guy can come, too? What do you think?"

[wc: 465 || total: 9489]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 14th March 2021, 9:23 pm

In the grand scheme of things, there were people suffering from poverty and illness around the world, but Leon was here fretting over being a twenty-minute drive away from his lover. It really did seem silly when he thought of it like that, and he couldn't wrap his head around what he did to deserve such a supportive man like Percy either. He wasn't really sure what he would've done if he didn't have Percy to rely on, and even though Leon knew that he didn't mind his need for the company right now, it was one of those things where he just couldn't shake the feeling that he was being more of a burden than Percy was willing to admit. It was hard to feel good about essentially being taken care of. However, it was at that moment that he was offered the chance to hold the relaxed ball of white fluff, and Leon was somehow reeled back into the subject at hand—cats.

"Yeah, that... that sounds good," Leon stared at the cat, a little in awe as he picked him up and raised him to eye level, dangling from his hands like a noodle. It reminded him of Percy's white hair, and that resemblance made his chest feel a little lighter. He loved Percy's hair, after all. The whiteness might've not been something he was born with, but it was part of him, and Leon adored it. Although the dark-haired Hoffman was all about bonding with the cats and dogs you met and making a decision based on that, he'd be lying if he said that he wasn't a little pleased that Percy was drawn to a cat as white like this one, and he donned a bright and wide-eyed look on his face to match his satisfaction. The cat seemed equally pleased with Leon too! "So, this is the one, huh? It isn't that hard to sorta feel your way through these sorts of things, right?"

|| Word Count: 329 || Thread WC: 9,818 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 15th March 2021, 2:02 am

As the two seemed to approve of each other, Percy sat there smiling. The whole process ended up being easy. So easy, he really wondered why he had been nervous about it to begin with. Leon's advice had been invaluable and the two had apparently chosen each other. There was just one more thing, and perhaps this was the biggest thing of all. What was he supposed to name the cat?

Percy's creative processes were odd at best. He wasn't good at things like this. Somehow this fell under the creative arts. He could dream up any number of technological inventions and brand new innovations, but asking Percy to paint a picture, sing a song, cook a dish, play an instrument, or write an interesting story would get you nothing but disappointment. The only thing considered an art he was remotely good at, ironically enough, was dancing, which curiously extended to ice skating. It was probably the physicality of it. He had good rhythm, and to him, dancing wasn't much different from martial arts. It might also have something to do with Artemis dragging him to all the dance clubs. He kept it a secret, but he actually really liked to dance. Dancing wouldn't help him name this poor cat, though.

An expression of intense concentration tightened his features as he peered at his potential pet. He stared long and hard, pouring all of his considerable brain power into conjuring the perfect name for his new housemate. This creature would keep him company when he got lonely. He would draw Percy's attention back to the real world, maybe remind him to take a break and get some food himself when he fed the cat, not that he could ever forget about food lately. Always being hungry because nothing stayed down was the worst. Having a pet would surely be rewarding, though he wasn't sure how yet since he'd never had one before. If he could take care of Leon, he could definitely take care of a cat. It was a nice thought. But when he came home from work, what would he call out into the darkened house?

"You can't name a cat 'Cat' can you?" Percy asked suddenly, though he had yet to look away from the animal or lose the rather Leon-like intensity in his "hnnnnng gotta think of a good cat name what do you name animals this is hard" face. "Kitty?" he asked next, though his voice faded in uncertainty. He was making a fool of himself, wasn't he? He thought the harder he concentrated on the white, furry mass, the more likely it'd be that a name would surface. Like he'd name himself. Like how they had just chosen each other, he expected the name to choose the cat. But no, it seemed Percy would be responsible for that, and Percy was just bad at a lot of normal things. Maybe he should name him after something he liked? He couldn't name him Leon, that'd be embarrassing and weird. 'Magic' didn't seem like a good name. Neither did 'Circuit Board'. His lips pressed as he became more stressed about it, and his cheeks turned a light pink as he became aware of just how hopeless he was. "...what would you name him, Leon?"

[wc: 548 || total: 10366]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 16th March 2021, 2:05 am

Leon had never done this sort of thing with Percy before, so he wasn't really aware of how terrible he was with naming another living creature. It was inevitable that he'd eventually turn towards his dark-haired lover for assistance, but Leon was just as terrible at this sort of thing too. It was actually his friend Gwen who came up with Robin, or else Leon was just going to settle for girl.

When Percy turned towards him, Leon acutely averted his eyes to avoid eye-contact. He really wasn't any better at this sort of thing than Percy, so he wanted nothing more than to just sit there and twiddle his thumbs until some lightbulb flickered within Percy. However, it was at that moment that something came to mind for Leon—something that made him grin.

"...Purrcy," Leon cackled quietly, looking at Percy with a very amused smirk on his face. On paper, the joke really wasn't that impressive, but that didn't stop Leon from being so amused by it. "You're similar enough, right? Pfthaha..."

Even though the pitch was a joke, Leon didn't really mind naming the cat after Percy. In a way, it was a little cute and made room for nicknames, but at the end of the day, an original name was best. Problem was, neither of them seemed able to come up with anything. At this rate, the two men were better off signing off the adoption papers and going home.

"Okay, but really, I don't know. I really suck with naming things," Leon finally stopped snickering for a moment and admitted.

|| Word Count: 264 || Thread WC: 10,630 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 16th March 2021, 5:25 am

"..."

Percy just stared blankly at Leon for a couple of seconds before it morphed into some sort of baffled disgust for a long moment. Purrcy? The joke was clear enough, but the prospective cat-owner really didn't want to give this snickering man the satisfaction of acknowledging such a thing. Still, after the moment had passed, Percy groaned a "Leeeoon!" and then cracked a crooked smile as well. It was good to see Leon smiling again, so he couldn't help but humor him. His face softened as he peered at the inky haired man, though it was unclear what he was thinking. Or maybe it was? Percy only really stared at him when he really wanted to show affection, but simply didn't know how. Ah, this wasn't the place for it anyway.

"Alright then, we'll name him later. Maybe he'll do something that will make his name clear since both of us are so bad at it. Otherwise, he'll be Cat," Percy said, getting to his feet and gingerly taking the noodle cat from Leon's hands. He walked off with the furball to find the lady, who was more than happy to put him in a travel kennel while Percy filled out the adoption papers. After paying the fee and the cost for all the 'start-up' pet accessories, the pair would be on their way with the cat in tow. Percy seemed happy enough, feeling like the day was quite productive. Was it what Valentine's Day was supposed to be? Probably not, but how could he know that? He'd never celebrated one with someone before. It was fine as long as they were together, right? And the Tunnel of Love had been romantic...

Despite living in Rose Garden for quite a while now, Percy still made a wrong turn on their way home and got lost for a few minutes before finally coming to a road he recognized. Now that they were close to home, he turned to peer up at his date. "So...what are we doing when we get home?" he asked Leon, a certain sparkle in his eye though he'd otherwise not let on. Now that he knew their living situation was on borrowed time, maybe they should take advantage of it?

[wc: 374 || total: 11,004]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 17th March 2021, 3:32 am

Walking home with Percy was an interesting experience, because Leon could've sworn that their way back to his place was not the way they came. Like most people, he was going to say something once the feeling of misdirection dawned on him, but since they ended up back on the right path soon afterward, Leon dropped it all together right then. As Percy's place drew closer, his two-toned lover eventually found a moment to pause and look up at Leon somewhat eagerly—like he was anticipating for something to happen, though Leon couldn't honestly say for sure what he was supposed to say.

The theme park was really boring, but the tunnel of love was kind of nice, and they ended up finishing up the day by adopting a cat. This wasn't his first time experiencing Valentine's Day, but it was the first time he spent it with someone he found special. As far as Leon was concerned, they could've spent the entire day just chatting on the couch and he would've been completely satisfied, so it was hard to tell whether today was a job well done or not by Percy's standards.

"Whatever you want. I thought I'd make us something to eat if you were still hungry, maybe watch somethin', and then..." Leon started honestly, but then his voice trailed into a thoughtful silence when he reached the end of his reply. Now that he was voicing what was in his head, there was one thing he wanted to do to him, but seeing Percy's arm in a cast had just grimly reminded Leon of what happened last time. He wanted to touch Percy—he wanted to be close with him, but even though he knew that Percy would welcome the attention, Leon couldn't stop feeling a little guilty for losing himself like that and hurting him because of it. It just seemed selfish and overbearing.

Still, Leon wasn't one to avoid the things that troubled him. Hands stuffed in pockets and his face stuck in its usual intense appearance with a tinge of wariness on his features, he turned to face Percy and leaned down.

"I won't do anything you don't want me to do. But honestly, right now I just...  want to—uhm..." Leon's metal hand slid out of his pocket and hesitantly made its way down to Percy's, gently nudging his fingers with his prosthetic ones. Although the dark-haired Hoffman was certainly the bolder one of the two, there was still work to be done with his own communication as well, and nothing was harder than telling someone you wanted something you knew you didn't deserve. "I wanna sleep with you. Again. Like, a lot."

The entire exchange sounded a little awkward. For most things, Leon just took what he wanted with as much or as little force he thought he needed. But recently, he had crossed a line he never thought he'd have to cross, so he had to adjust. One way or another.

|| Word Count: 497 || Thread WC: 11,501 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 17th March 2021, 4:18 am

An awkward little smile appeared on Percy's lips as he peered up at Leon, seeming relieved and almost satisfied that his lover picked up his brainwaves. "Okay," he said quietly, opting for his actions to speak louder. No amount of trauma or growth could erase all of Percy's idiosyncrasies. As much as he could now talk so effortlessly with strangers, he hadn't spontaneously manifested the skills to communicate personal things that he thought or wanted in any meaningful or easily understood way, so it was a blessing that Leon seemed to be perceptive to his quirks. Cheeks flushing a deeper red, he let his fingers twist between Leon's metal ones and tugged, leading him a bit more quickly to and through the front door of his home.

Whether he mentioned it or even realized it or not, it seemed Percy avoided the living room when it came to romantic encounters since the incident. In fact, he'd been avoiding the whole sex topic and only seemed interested in innocent kissing and cuddling. While he had completely forgiven Leon, the whole experience of his second time was a bit complicated to fully digest. Both of them had been wary of intimacy since then, but the mood had now struck and it seemed he was open to give it another try, especially in honor of Valentine's day. That, and there was just something about seeing Leon smiling and laughing again that worked acted as a powerful magnet. He couldn't help but feel intensely attracted to the man. After sleeping with Leon a couple of times now, Percy was more aware of how his body felt and what it meant, and a little more powerless to control it. His quickened heartbeat and the feverishness of his skin made it clear enough he wanted what Leon wanted, though he was unable to be as bold about it as the taller man.

He only released Leon's hand long enough to open the travel kennel and release the cat, placing some food, water, and the litter box out for when Cat came out from hiding under the couch. Percy was keen to let him do some adjusting on his own. Reclaiming the hand, Percy led Leon upstairs and into his bedroom and closed the door. He was a little limited on movement given the cast on his arm, but he wouldn't let it get in the way of this. Just inside the room, he turned, lingering near Leon but not making any moves other than struggling to remove his shirt one-handed. Percy still wasn't sure what to do, but he knew what he wanted.

[wc: 437 || total: 11,938]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 17th March 2021, 6:46 pm

This was their third time doing it together, but as far as Leon was concerned, it was the second time they were going to do it the right way. The night Leon broke Percy's arm, he wasn't really himself. He had said and done things he wouldn't have ever done if not for the alcohol coupled with his dark and depressive thoughts, but tonight was different.

When Percy put his hand in Leon's and led them inside, his heart skipped a beat. Though there was a moment where Percy was setting up all of the necessities for Cat, Leon couldn't think of anything other than his heartbeat and what came after the water, the litterbox, and food. He had seen that body of his so many times, even before their relationship became some more than a friendship, but he couldn't shake this feeling of eagerness and anticipation as he waited for Percy to finish up—like an itch he wasn't aware he needed to be scratched so badly.  After that, Percy took him by the hand again and led him upstairs, closing the door behind them as they let the ambiance of Percy's tidier-than-usual bedroom swallow them.

Leon was quick to start undressing, slipping out his shirt with ease and beginning to fidget with his belt buckle until he noticed Percy. Unsurprisingly, he was struggling to take off his shirt with that one good arm of his. Seeing him struggle like that almost made Leon crack a smile—it just looked a little silly, even though he was the one to blame for that. But instead of smiling, Leon continued to stare at him with eyes widened with awe, his face hot and cheeks flushed.

"Here..." Leon started, taking both of his hands and carefully but quickly wiggling the shirt off him. The moment Percy's mouth peeked through the collar of the shirt, Leon's lips collided with his. It was gentle at first, as if not to break something fragile, but as continued to stand there his hand hands clutched on the seams of the shirt that wasn't completely off of him with the feeling of their faces so close that their breaths brushed against their faces, Leon began to lose himself in his usual habits again.

Quickly, one kiss melded into another more forceful, breathless one—like he was inching closer and closer to devouring him in a heat of passion. Mindlessly, he finished helping Percy out of his shirt before beginning to move around, almost stumbling over his own feet as he moved towards the bed. In between kisses, he managed to push Percy down against the mattress, hanging over him with a look of determination in his marigold eyes.

"I won't do anything that hurts you this time," Leon hesitantly inched his metal fingers towards Percy's face while the other kept him steady as he leaned over him. "okay?"

He said that, but was completely unaware of how rough he could be even when he wasn't drunk.

|| Word Count: 497 || Thread WC: 12,435 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Gwydion
    Gwydion

Post by Gwydion 18th March 2021, 1:38 am

Apparently, as it was becoming slowly apparent, it wasn't hard to get Percy going. As chill and indifferent as he could seem, now that his eyes had been opened to passion and desire, sometimes he just ignited even when he didn't intend to. Something as simple as watching Leon slip out of his shirt had him fighting the urge to jump him. While it probably would have been okay if he did act on the impulse, there was still some sort of uncertainty that kept him from taking much action. He wasn't secure in his ability to show affection in the least. At least he could count on Leon to give in to his more tactile nature to keep things rolling. As his lover had mercy on him and helped him out of his shirt, he was surprised with a gentle kiss before he could even be freed of his collar. Initially, he flinched, not seeing it coming, but he was clearly receptive. It was oddly thrilling to basically be blindfolded. He leaned into the kisses as they came, predictably deepening as Leon fell victim to the passionate exchange. The shirt came off and seconds later the two were stumbling toward the bed in a mess of limbs.

Not that he could feel it, but as he gently pushed Percy down on his mattress, the man turned his head and pressed his heated cheek into the metal appendage. Despite the fact that it broke his arm, Percy didn't seem to be scared of it at all. Maybe it was because he'd created it, so it wasn't really a shock what it was capable of. It was just an unfortunate expectation from lack of use and experience. The chill of the smooth metal felt nice on his skin, though it did nothing to cool him off. The flush extended to his ears, as it usually did when he was all hot and bothered.

It was funny how different the tones of their encounters were. The first time was desperate, emotional, and thought to be the first and last. The second time was weird, painful, and depressing, something Percy tried not to think about but clearly had struggled with. And now, the third time, it was cautious and tender...well, as tender as Leon was capable of being. Percy preferred it this way, honestly. "Mm, you can hurt me a little," he said in an already breathless voice, reaching up with his good hand to cover his face. It was a little embarrassing in this face-to-face position. He felt as vulnerable as he had at the singles event. Though he'd really say nothing else, his eyes were heavily lidded and begging as they stared defiantly up into the determined golden ones. The way he crooked his neck was a silent request for kisses there or along his collarbone, which were his favorite spots so far. His pulse drummed hard and fast enough to be visible.

One day he hoped to be more involved. He didn't know how he'd get there, or what would urge him out of his shell, but he wanted to make Leon feel like he made Percy feel. He wanted to know where to touch and where to kiss, and have the confidence to just do it instead of being afraid he'd ruin the moment. The two-toned man squirmed a little in anticipation, though he would speak at least once more from behind his hand. "Leon... I really like you," he said with quiet intensity. He wanted to make sure the man knew since he wasn't very good with his actions or words. It'd been a rocky road these last few weeks, and though Leon was making progress, the road would be bumpy still. Bumpier than he was prepared for. But none of that mattered right now. What mattered was this, the two of them being together and celebrating the holiday dedicated to love and relationships.

[wc: 656 || total: 13091]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 18th March 2021, 2:46 am

Sometimes Percy would say things that made Leon's heart jump through his chest, enticing his most lustful impulses. They hadn't had a lot of sex, but the more they did it, the more Leon realized how much he actually liked seeing Percy beneath him—so vulnerable and defiant like that, his body laid bare before him. Every time he saw it, he wanted to both smother it in his unmatched passion and memorize it carefully like a piece of art.

"Yeah?" Leon replied in almost a chuckle, noticing his exposed neck and immediately acting on the opportunity. He'd cake him in slow-but-intense kisses, leaving a trail of little red and pink marks along his collarbone, neck, and a little beneath his jaw. He was a quick learner, so Leon picked up on little things like hickeys really quickly, and as it turns out, he really liked making them. It was strangely satisfying to see them still there the next day even after their intimacy had ended hours ago, and he was only getting better at making them.

At some point, his hands began to move before he could think about it, his cool metal fingers sliding down Percy's sides and toying with his pants as Leon continued to leave his lasting kisses across one side of his lover's neck. This felt right—ending Valentine's Day like this. It felt a little irresponsible of them to ditch Cat so easily in order to pursue their more lustful desires, but he didn't care too much right now. Right now, all Leon wanted to do was stay in this bed with Percy and make him feel good.

With Percy, a lot of their intimacy began with him giving off shy and subtle hints for what he wanted at that moment, leaving it for Leon to pick up on. As time passed, Leon was able to get better at pinpointing what exactly Percy wanted, and they both ended up satisfied with kisses, cuddles, and hugs. There was no question that they had affection for one another, and yet hearing him say that he liked him, Leon always got that feeling like it was the first time they had confessed to one another—his chest felt light and fuzzy, and all that was left to fill him up was this pleasant feeling. It felt like that now when he said it, Leon's cheeks lighting up a little bit more as he pulled away from his neck to thumb with his lips, their mouths colliding again.

"Mhm. Me too..." Leon murmured in between kisses, "I really like you too..."

. . . . . . . . .

[END]

|| Word Count: 497 || Thread WC: 13,521 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 1:01 pm