Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal]

Ryuusei
    Ryuusei

Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,368

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Gears of War
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] Empty Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal]

Post by Ryuusei 7th January 2021, 9:20 pm

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] AK-12
    It was around noon, Alicia was alone in one of the raining rooms found in the Rune Knight head quarters, she was dressed in full combat gear. She attire was composed of a military jacket, pants and boots that all fitted nicely. On the jacket she had an accessory belt with multiple pouches containing ammunition and other combat necessities. Alicia also wore long black trousers that seemingly blend into a pair of  low heel boots seamlessly. Resting upon her shoulders was a cloak, her attire was monochrome in color. Although Alicia's attire was primarily focused over function, the attire still looked presentable and sleek.

Alicia sighed a she tied her lengthy snow white hair into a ponytail with a black ribbon. Once she was done she closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. She focused the mana through out her body and opened her dimensional vault. In a fraction of a second a fully equipped and upgraded rifle materialized seemingly from out of no where. The rifle was similar in form and function as a Ak-12. The weapon operated with a platform similar to a gas-operated long-stroke piston and a rotating bolt, however instead of relying on the combustion from the firing bullet to cycle the gun, the combusting gas was from the super charged mana particles from mana infused rounds. Unlike conventional firearms, the user could manipulate the volatility of the combustion every time the rifle fires one of its mana infused rounds. Due to this design, the user can easily adjust the damage and explosive force of each shot. This was only one of Alicia's weapons stored inside her dimensional vault. The weapons and equipment that Alicia utilized in battle were a marriage between magic and cutting edge technology.

Alicia loaded a magazine into her rifle, she then pulled the charging handle. The rifle clicked, every part shifting and moving in its proper place. Humanoid golems suddenly materialized and assumed an offensive stance. A loud beep echoed into the room, the golems then dashed forward towards Alicia. At that moment Alicia raised her weapon and assumed her firing stance. Her feet was placed shoulder width apart pointing straight ahead. In one fluid motion she switch off the safety, and began unloading her rounds. As the rifle would kick up from the recoil she would instantly snap the rifle back in its position, she controlled the recoil of the full automatic weapon as if it was an extension of her body. It was clear muscle memory formed by countless hours of disciplined practiced allowed Alicia to drive her rifle with accuracy and efficiency. Empty bullet shells ejected from the weapon as Alicia weaved through the golems as she dodged and weaved through the attacks. Alicia would eventually reload and swiftly ejected the empty magazine and reloading a fresh mag just as fast. In a matter of minutes Alicia managed to clear out the large hoard of golems.

The rifle barreled billowed smoke as Alicia knelt down to check the bullet wounds she had left on her target. "....I'm a few centimeters off..." Alicia murmured to her self. She then decided that she would do the exercise once more to increase her already superb accuracy. But before she could commence her training a supervising officer entered the training room. Alicia quickly snapped to attention and dutifully saluted the commanding officer.

"At ease soldier... There is someone who wants to talk to you private Sinclair. They're waiting in the briefing room." said commanding office, he then turned around and left as quickly as he entered the room.

"Yes sir." Alicia replied back respectfully as she watched the commanding officer leave. Alicia opened her dimensional vault and stored her weapon. The training room enchantments quickly got to work and the golems returned back into the earth. Alicia hurried  to the briefing room while on her way she wondered who was the one whop summoned her. Eventually Alicia found herself in front of door leading to the briefing room. She knocked and reported. "This is private Sinclair, I was told that I was to meet someone here." Once Alicia announced who she was, she entered the room to see who was the one that called for her.

708 Words

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] Siga1
    Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 5,867,155

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Magic: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Magic: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] Empty Re: Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal]

Post by Mythal Ragnos 20th January 2021, 1:33 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    1409 words || @Ryuusei || job info/job sign-up || short note here

It wasn’t ideal but Mythal didn’t have much of a choice. And, as he saw it, it would be the perfect trial.

Alicia Sinclair had been part of the Rune Knights for some time now, having joined the organization shortly after Serilda had taken command. Unfortunately, due to circumstances that were continuously changing in his life, the Darkness King hadn’t had the opportunity to spend much time with his soon to be sister in law. He’d met her during his first excursion to the Sinclair manor, during the first Christmas he’d actually cared about. After that, even when they were in the same meeting, it seemed that their chances to see one another were always just missed. And truth be told, he may have considered someone else for the mission if the recommendation hadn’t come from Dakvid himself to look into the younger Sinclair and her record.

It was impressive, to say the least; Alicia carried the same effectiveness as her sister when it came to operations. Their manner of completion was different but in a way, that actually benefited the younger Sinclair more. Reaper Squadron had been an invention of Mythal’s; an undercover, black ops group of Rune Knights that took on highly dangerous missions for the sake of Fiore. The Special Ops branch of the Knights were already trained in a different capacity than the Combat Corps or the Engineering Corp but there were still matters that they shouldn’t be partaking in. There were jobs that were better suited for those that could think, react and compromise on the spot without the assistance of a greater force. They were the agents that Serilda and Mythal could send in to act accordingly, swiftly and surreptitiously. Their records were redacted to the point that only Mythal and Serilda had any access to their history and missions.

And now the Darkness Slayer needed them again. But it had been Dakvid that had approached Mythal about Alicia, curious to what he thought about recruiting her into the fold. It was… a bold ask, considering her connection to the Field Marshal. But it wasn’t right to hinder the younger Sinclair either if she was proven to be effective and efficient. All he could provide was a chance to prove herself and possibly join something a bit outside the normal range of the Special Operative field. He sent one of the officers to fetch her as he waited in the briefing room with Dakvid. “How did the Field Marshal take the news?” the Rune Knight corporal asked.

“She was fine with it,” Mythal said as he flipped through a few of the pages from his document. “As far as she’s concerned, Alicia is a fully grown woman capable of makin’ her own decisions. She joined the Knights, she knew the dangers -- whatever varyin’ levels there are, someone will always have a target painted on our backs. And if she’s effective and you believe she’s a good pick, I trust your instinct.” He sighed softly. “If anythin’, I just feel bad. I ain’t got the time to spend with Seri’s family often and I’ve only seen Alicia once, even includin’ while she was here. Kinda feel like… I dunno, a jerk for not makin’ the effort?”

“Well I know… next to nothing about family. My dad’s a drunk who is only good for slurred insults and disappointment. I haven’t seen my mother in a few years -- pretty sure she puts all her focus on her new family and forget about me and dad. So I’m the last person that should be offering any kind of advice on that front. But I can say that you’re the Director of the Rune Knights and frankly, you barely have time to breathe, let alone talk to each one of us individually. I’m sure she’ll understand.”

Time would only tell on that front. Mythal gave the corporal an understanding nod before his eyes flicked to the door upon the sound of knocking. Dakvid went and opened the door and there stood Alicia, presenting formally. The corporal gave her a short salute back and waved her in, where she would finally be able to see Mythal at the other end of the table. “Alicia,” he greeted her informally, as was his nature. “I’m sure you recognize ‘im but if ya don’t, this is Corporal Dakvid Bascomb. He’s the one in charge of Reaper Squad, which I’m sure everyone is now talkin’ about in the mess hall. Grab a seat if ya want to get more comfortable,” he said, waving at the chairs before her.

Once she was settled, in whatever way she chose, Mythal closed the folder in front of him and gave her his direct attention. “Imma cut to the chase, Alicia -- your record has caught the eye of Dakvid. He’s looking for someone to operate as long range support for Reaper and based on what he’s shown me, you’d fit the bill. But before I sign off on it, I have to see you work for myself. Every single member of Reaper Squad is someone that I’ve personally handpicked and I know what they’re capable of. Statistics on a sheet don’t reflect proper of a person’s ability to operate durin’ a mission. Not that I’m doubtin’ you but you’ll understand that I want to see how you work. Lucky for you, Reaper is startin’ a series of missions that can work as your trial run.”

The Director pulled out a remote and clicked in the direction of the table. The lacrima cylinder built into the wood lit up and presented a series of holographic images. A few of them were pages of an intelligence report that had been heavily redacted but, before her eyes, the redactions would start to clear. “Thirty four years ago, the Rune Knights launched an operation to dismantle a cult known as the Sons of Faera. They had been kidnappin’ and sacrificin’ civilians from several cities and towns the world over to appease their would-be-goddess, Faera. The operation took place on the night that they were preparing their ultimate sacrifice, one that would bring Faera into this world in the form of a baby. The operation was a success, several key members of the cult were captured and it was believed the Sons had been sufficiently shaken, enough to keep them from resurfacing.”

“Turns out they were just lyin’ low,” he pressed a button on the remote and the screen changed, revealing a heavily blurred face. It was a man who was as white as paper, both skin and hair, with beedy golden eyes staring out at the source of the picture from dark eyes. “This man is part of the Sons, believed to be one of their elite members. Moreso, it sounds like he is one that has been personally blessed with a portion of Faera’s power, grantin’ him abilities above others. He is part of a collection of like individuals called the Immortal Thirteen and he has been spotted, along with others we believe are part of the Sons, on Mount Hakobe.”

Mythal placed the remote on the table. “I have a personal stake in this as well. Not only did this man attack a former member of our order but… well, that baby that they attempted to sacrifice was me. Normally I ain’t a fan of talkin’ about my past or things that revolve around reason for bein’ born but these people are dangerous. They are a very real threat that wants to bring their dark mistress into this world and bring about the end of everythin’. And they’re gonna kill a lotta people on the way to get there. We’re gonna stop them before they get the chance, startin’ with this piece of trash. We’re going to drop in at one of the ice villages and set up a base before we trudge off to the mountaintops. From there we are going to investigate their whereabouts and survey them. Once we verify that he is there, we’ll strike.” Mythal leveled his gaze on her in serious consideration, though perhaps softer than she was expecting. “This will be dangerous. But I believe it’s the perfect test for your place in Reaper. Dakvid has signed off on it but it’s up to you. We don’t want you to take part if you aren’t feelin’ up to it and there ain’t no shame in that. The choice is yours and yours alone.”

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ryuusei
    Ryuusei

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] Empty Re: Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal]

Post by Ryuusei 20th January 2021, 4:20 pm

Alicia entered the room and was greeted by two gentleman who were ranked very high in the Rune Knights. To Alicia's surprise it was her future brother in law and Corporal Dakvid. "Director... Corporal it's an honor" Alicia would salute to her superiors as she addressed them by their appropriate ranks. Alicia had heard a few things about the famed Reaper Squad, it was special task force composed of elite members hand picked from the ranks of the Ranks of the Rune Knights. The squad was cloaked an enigma but the legends of said squad was often the topic spoken through the mess hall. Whether those stories were just mere gossip, it mattered little to Alicia. She knew that there was a reason why many of the knights whisper about the Reaper Squads skills efficiency. Early on in Alicia 's career as a Rune knight she quickly noted to herself that the squad was not to be trifled with and deserved all of its praise.

After being invited to sit down Alicia graciously took her seat and began to listen to the briefing. Her face remained stoic and professional some may even call her expression borderline emotionless. For a split second a smug yet playful grin formed upon her lips upon hearing her efforts did not go unnoticed "I'm glad to see I've got some fans" she mused as she leaned forward and nodded to Mythal's words. Alicia was aware that she scored very high in her physical and combat exams, but she agreed to Slayers statement. After all, in real life excursions and combat there was far more unpredictable. "Director Ragnos I take no offense sir. To be completely honest I'd be offended if I wasn't tested for this position." Alicia gave a warm chuckle. It was clear Alicia was similar to Serilda, however one could easily tell she wasn't so "by the book" like her older sister. Alicia was a confident young woman who knew how to make jokes but at the same time had the ability to keep it classy.

She listened intently the information that was being presented to her taking mental notes, essentially downloading the missions information into her mind. She memorized the images and began putting the pieces together. She hypothesized that the cult was not going down that easy, her hypothesis was proven to be right when Mythal explained that the organization still had power and remained hidden. The next image that was presented was that of a pale man. Mythal explained who the target was and his importance to the mission. "Pale boy needs to get out of his mothers basement and get some sunlight." Alicia joked about the pale perpetrator. Despite her jokes she had payed attention to every little detail that was shared with her.

Alicia's eyes narrowed and his face became more solemn. "I see..." Alicia noticed the softer look to Mythal, she wasn't exactly surprised but Alicia but she did appreciate the concern. For the first time Alicia addressed Mythal by his first name. "Count me in Mythal... besides... if they wanted to sacrifice you before... whos to say they won't go after your kin.... wouldn't want them to go after my future nieces and nephews." Alicia said half jokingly she smiled sweetly but the warm smile quickly vanished. Her face became more stern and her voice returning to its professional cadence and tone.

"Might I say something Director Ragnos, Corporal Dakvid.... I've recently been to Mount Hakobe for a mission. It was to locate and extract a nobleman's daughter. The mission was a success, however things didn't go exactly as planned the squad suffered many casualties.... gods bless their souls" Alicia paused for a brief second before continuing on to her explanation "During the mission our cover was compromised due to a traitor among the locals. We were able to find a hidden cave system running through out the mountain, upon investigation we realized that the cave system runs all the way down to the base of the mountain.. apparently the cave system doesn't go all the way to the top of the mountain but it gets pretty damn close." Alicia casually snapped her finger, and opening to her dimensional vault appeared. A small lacrima projection device fell into the palm of her hand.

Alicia slid the device across towards her commanding officers. The device slid and halted to a stop, a holographic 3D render of a map of the cave system found in Mount Hakobe. "This map is a 3d render, echolocation and seismic waves were used to accurately map out the cave system." Alicia swiped her finger allowing the map to rotate showing the maze like structure found inside the mountain.

"I have no doubt that you all have a plan. I simply wanted to present what I have discovered, perhaps this could be of aid to us in this mission. You know what they say, knowing is half the battle."
    Alicia folded her arms and began thinking to herself what supplies and weapons she would need. She felt excited at the same time quite a bit nervous since mount Hakobe was the place where she realized just how dangerous her line of work truly was.

"One final question Director.... on the event we do find our target.... do we bring him and his comrades warm or cold?" Alicia's blue eyes shifted color to a light purple, a split second of blood lust found in the hues of her eyes before shifting back to its naturally crystal blue color.

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 9th March 2021, 4:28 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    731/2140 words || @Ryuusei || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Unfurling all of his past was not easy, especially for someone as closed off as Mythal. But considering the danger that Faera and her followers presented to the entirety of the world, there was no time like the present to just come right out with the truth and deal with it. Reaper Squadron understood and, frankly, didn’t seem bothered by it being a personal matter or not. After all, they were an elite group that focused on the mission and fulfilling the parameters presented to them. Nothing else really mattered, though Dakvid was a bit more receptive and caring. After all, he’d been the Rune Knight that Mythal had inadvertently trained during his brief appearance so many years ago and look where they had come to now.

Alicia understood that she would have to be tested, even going as far as to say that she would have actually been offended if she wasn’t properly put through a trial. There was the Sinclair pride; a foundation of confidence that followed protocol and a need to prove themselves. It was hardly a bad trait to have -- if anything, it made the Sinclairs strive to be better than the rest, while still maintaining a sense of humility. As the visual presentation was provided, Alicia remarked about the pale man’s flesh, stating that he needed to get some sun as well as  get out from his mother’s home. It was a joking comment that was surprising to come from the younger woman but Dakvid couldn’t help but smirk slightly. “He’s the only one we’ve been able to confirm but clearly you can see that his skin didn’t get the message about being aligned with a goddess of darkness.” A bit of humor that was rare for Dakvid nowadays but good to see. Ever since the assault on Era, he’d been closed off and cold, the loss of his arm hardening to him the world. But perhaps after so many years since, he had begun to pull himself out of his funk.

Alicia didn’t even wait a moment to agree to the mission and not only for the purpose of getting tested but due to her own personal stake in the matter. As she saw it, there was no guarantee that Faera and her forces wouldn’t go after his family and loved ones and Alicia wouldn’t let anything happen to her future as an aunt. “No doubt they will be planning for exactly that. Your sister left quite an impression on Faera herself so… I bet she’ll be plannin’ something big for the Sinclairs. But that’s just speculation at this point.” Serilda had personally insulted Faera and the punishment for her actions had yet to pay out but no doubt the repercussions were coming. Better to head off the revenge before it managed to gain any steam.

As it turned out though, they had fortuitous timing. Alicia had just returned from a mission at Mount Hakobe not that long ago; sent there to help locate a noble’s daughter, though the success of the mission had come at the cost of several members of her squadron. However, during the course of the mission, they had been driven into a cave system within the ground of the mountain that acted like a vein system for the earthly growth. As she brought forth her own projector from an interdimensional storage area, she presented her own holographic rendering that outlined the system. It was an impressive display, given that she had run it through seismology and tremor sensors to get a proper analysis of the roots. She was simply offering them additional information to add into their plans. “Not bad, Sinclair,” Dakvid said as his eyes scanned over the caves. “This’ll help us make a better battle plan.”

Mythal nodded in agreement before Alicia spoke up once more, asking about the status of their kill orders. “We’re tryin’ to limit the death toll, if only so we have a decent amount of prisoners to interrogate. But him…” he said, nodding to the image of the Immortal Thirteen member. “We need him alive. He’s the one we truly need to interrogate. Do everythin’ you can to bring him down alive but don’t sacrifice your life or nothin’ for ‘im.”

“Unless you got anythin’ else for us, that’ll do it. We’ll be leavin’ from here at oh-six hundred hours tomorrow. Pack warm.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Ryuusei
    Ryuusei

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Ryuusei 30th August 2021, 5:07 pm

Upon being dismissed Alicia saluted to her superiors before preparing for the mission. "I have nothing further to add... I'm look forward to be working with you director... you as well Corporal" Alicia smiled and exited the room. She began thinking of all the necessary equipment she would need for the mission, she had already begun creating a list in her mind. Alicia mused the irony that the crucible of her next mission would be the same mountain that claimed the lives of her comrade, the mountain that truly made Alicia realize the reality of her profession. A tinge of guilt began to creep into the corners of her mind, could she have done more? If she was more careful could she have saved the lives of her allies? These thoughts began to bubble in Alicia's mind, she paused and took a breath. She dismissed the thoughts, she would not allow her own guilt and insecurities dishonor the sacrifices of her comrades. Things were different, she wasn't the same naïve girl before, she had something her past didn't have and that was experience...

Alicia took a turn and stopped at a empty room. She looked around to see if anyone was watching, no one was in the immediate vicinity she entered the room and closed the room behind her. "E.V.A. Requesting immediate extraction..." Alicia murmured to herself as the blue of her eyes shifted to a dark purple glow. A heads-up display appeared visible only to her. A female voice echoed in Alicia's mind in response. "Affirmative... and where would you like to be relocated Ms. Sinclair?" The voice inquired.

"The Edelweiss... prepare the armory while you're at it E.V.A." Alicia replied as she began assembling a loadout using the virtual heads-up display.  

"Affirmative...teleportation commencing in 3... 2... 1..." E.V.A. replied. Upon finishing the countdown, a flash of light surrounded Alicia as she was instantly teleported out of the room vanishing instantly. Alicia's vision warped and the scenery of the empty room changed to that white minimalistic room. The slight smell of burnt ozone lingered in the air as she shook off the sparks of energy off her body. Alicia sighed as she brushed her hair  and made her way to the large reinforced window. She gazed Earthland rotating in space. Alicia was teleported to a secret satellite base equipped with highly advanced technology and magic that made it essentially undetectable from Earthland.

"Ms. Sinclair the armory has been prepared." The voice echoed through out the room. Alicia peeled her eyes away from the beautiful sight. "Thank you E.V.A." Alicia smiled sweetly to her incorporeal virtual assistant. Alicia made her way to the edge of the room, the walls parted revealing it to be a secret door. Alicia proceeded down a white hallway until she stopped in front of another wall. The wall once again slid open to reveal an elevator. Alicia proceeded inside, without even pressing a button the elevator began to move to her desired location. after a few minutes or so the elevator opened revealing another seemingly large empty room.

As soon as Alicia stepped into the empty room, portions of the the walls, floor and celling began to shift.  The hum of machines vibrated in the air the the empty room quickly revealed it's hidden contents. From the floor lockers began to rise, the walls revealed hidden shelves and containers. From the ceiling robotic arms and various other containers revealed itself.  Alicia walked to the center of the room where a large table rose up from he ground to meet her. In a matter of seconds the empty room had transformed to a highly advanced armory. Firearms, explosives, ammunition, and anything one could ever need for war was in the room.

Alicia began to toil and quickly began to put together multiple loadouts. She assembled her rifles and side arms as she constantly referred to past field data. She adjusted her weapons, and their respective ammunition types to suit the terrain they would be fighting in. Although E.V.A constantly maintained all of Alicia's equipment, even though everything in the armory could be accessed by Alicia remotely via instant teleportation to her location, Alicia preferred to personally survey her equipment to ensure everything functioned to her personal tastes. After a few hours of tinkering and testing out multiple loadouts, she took a seat on one of the nearby crates.

"E.V.A. is the Mark II ready?" Alicia mused as one of her customized rifle's on the table vanished and reappeared to her hands. Alicia peered down her scope she then tilted the rifle revealing a canted sight equipped on the rifle. She switched aiming down on the scope and canted sight equipped on to her rifle. "Yes the Mark II has been completed. All changes to the armor has been made to your exact specifications."

"How did it perform in your tests?" Alicia inquired as the rifle vanished from her hand returning to its original place on the table. She got up and walked towards a case, the case automatically opened up revealing a various array of bladed weapons. Alicia picked up a beautifully made combat knife. She tested it's weight and nodded to herself approvingly, the blade vanished and reappeared on the table along side the rest of the custom gear Alicia personal hand picked.

"The Mark II performed very well... all marks should be to your liking... shall I send you the recorded data Ms. Sinclair?" E.V.A responded.

"Yes. I'd apricate that E.V.A." Alicia replied back as her ocular cybernetic implants were flooded with data and numbers. She took a a few moments to assess the data before speaking to E.V.A again.

"E.V.A. I have compiled a list of a few more things I need... I also included a few adjustments for the armor... I'll leave it to you... for now I'll have some dinner... I'm starving... after I'll get some rest... if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask " said Alicia as she walked to the elevator.

"I should be good Ms. Sinclair... have a good dinner and a good nights rest Ms. Sinclair." E.V.A replied.

"Thank you E.V.A." Alicia smiled as she the elevator closed.

The Next Day...

Alicia wore her standard uniform, she didn't have any weapons on her, in fact she was dressed as if she was just going to fill out some paper work for the day. She sat in the empty room where she was told to meet the director and the corporal. Since she was early she had taken the opportunity to grab herself a cup of coffee. She took a sip and stared at the wall, to others it looked like she was simply spacing out but in reality she was reviewing combat data on a HUD that could only be seen by her. Alicia had hid the fact that her eyes were damaged severely during one of her own personal missions. She had her eyes replaced with high tech ocular cybernetics, her new eyes doubled as a highly advanced computing assistant which was connected to the Edelweiss' data frame. The secret orbital base , her cybernetic prosthetics and implants were all kept secret from her comrades. Alicia couldn't help but feel some sort of guilt for having kept so many secrets from her comrades and most importantly her family.

Alicia sighed and pushed her thoughts away and focused on the mission at hand.

Edelweiss

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 26th September 2021, 6:04 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    922/3062 words || @Ryuusei || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Alicia very quickly exited the room, stating that she was looking forward to the mission. Mythal and Dakvid each gave her a nod before she left, the door slowly closing behind her. As it sealed itself shut once more, Dakvid looked over to Mythal. “She seems fairly prepared. Very by the book.”

“I challenge you to find a Sinclair that isn’t,” Mythal said as he shut down the hologram and sat back down in his chair. “No matter how we plan this, I doubt it’s gonna go the way we hope.”

Dakvid nodded. “That’s how these things go. All we can do is try to be prepared for anything. You going to be alright? I know you told me about your new magic and all; you get any kind of training in with it?”

“Ironically, yes. I’ve been poppin’ over to Sin and trainin’ with a friend, huntin’ down monsters and shit. Really helps ya figure out ya shit sooner rather than later,” Mythal said with a dry laugh.

“Is it that former dark wizard?” Dakvid asked with a raised eyebrow.

Mythal nodded. “Yeah, now she’s just kinda… livin’ on her own. She’s gettin’ by, ‘specially now that we’re providin’ some supplies to her each week. In exchange, she comes out and helps me fight the monsters.” Ever since his discovery of Aeron’s home, he’d kept in pretty decent contact with her. She had been a reliable friend, despite her past, which Mythal was more than willing to look beyond.

The corporal shrugged. “So long as you’re keeping your guard up. I’m going to go and start marking some preparations for tomorrow and filling in the rest of Reaper Squad. Anything else you need from me, Director?”

“Beyond you stoppin’ the whole ‘Director’ thing, no,” the Rune Knight said as he leaned back in his chair. “I’ll be able to get us close to the base with my magic, at least within the perimeter of the mountain. I have no idea what kinda numbers we’re lookin’ at. As far as I knew, the Sons of Faera were all but dead. But they were just hidin’ in the shadows, schemin’ and plottin’. Gren could only provide some much intel without gettin’ caught.”

Dakvid nodded. “No time like the present. Have a good night, Director,” the corporal said again, giving the man a shit-eating grin as he headed out the door.

The next morning, the sun had barely started to creep over the horizon. The sky was starting to lighten, vibrant colors painted across the edge of the world. Through the hallway, Mythal walked. He was dressed in his usual, casual outfit but the hilt of Curse now rested on his hip. Right behind him was Dakvid, in line with four other Rune Knights. Each of them wore a full Knight helmet, disguising their features. They were armed to the teeth, bearing swords, knives and firearms all along their waists. The door to the meeting room swung open, revealing the group to the waiting Alicia. “Bright and early,” Mythal said as he entered, giving the woman a nod. “These are the other members of Reaper Squad; code names are Buster, Pinpoint, Needle and Black Rider. We’ll have time to do more informal introductions once we get back. I ain’t plannin’ on wastin’ anymore time, no offense to none of y’all. So then.”

Mythal extended his hand toward the end of the room and from the floor erupted a ball of swirling darkness and purple magical energy. Reaper Squad nodded affirmatively to the young Sinclair before they jogged into the portal, one by one. Mythal gestured towards the portal for Alicia to follow and would bring up the rear with Dakvid. In an instant, they stepped out onto the snowy plains of Mount Hakobe. A surprising chill for the early onset of fall clung to the air as the rest of Reaper Squad took up defensive positions around the immediate area. Luckily Mythal had opened a portal to a section of forest that was heavily covered in foliage, preventing their arrival from being seen.

“Let’s move out,” the Darkness Slayer said, nodding towards the western front. Collectively the group moved through the hedges, their formation and movements pristine and practiced from previous missions. Within a few moments, they came upon a ridge that looked down over a valley. Just below was the village that Mythal had spoken about in their briefing and beyond that was the mountain itself, rising out of the ground like the tremendous monolith that it was. Dakvid gestured towards the closest building and then took out his knife. “Grab his shoulder,” Mythal told Alicia, each member of the team putting their hand somewhere on Dakvid’s back. With a great throw he sent the knife spiraling into the air, his arm a cannon that delivered the sharp blade right into the village’s outskirts. The knife slammed into the wood and, in an instant, the entire group teleported to the knife. Dakvid withdrew the blade from the wall and sheathed it again.

They would proceed around the corner, walking into the village’s streets. There were a few villagers mulling about but they didn’t seem to pay the group any mind. They reached the other end of town where another log cabin stood. This one they opened the door and moved inside of, closing the door behind them. “I rented this buildin’ out to use as a base of operations. Let’s set up the survey equipment and see if we can’t find these assholes.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Ryuusei
    Ryuusei

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Ryuusei 20th October 2021, 11:27 am

Mission Plausible? [Social With Mythal] 0010ca10

Alicia smiled pleasantly to her comrades as Mythal mentioned their call signs one by one. Alicia wondered why those were the call signs given to them. She followed the lead of her allies as the they entered the dark void conjured by the shadow slayer. As soon as Alicia stepped through she felt the blistering winds kiss her skin. Her ocular prosthetics displayed the current temperature of her surroundings. The area was thick with foliage which cloaked their sudden arrival. Alicia looked around, her eyes shifted from their natural blue colors to an dimly glowing purple. Alicia lifted her arm, the air near her palm began to static and shift, a sudden flash of energy, the scent after a lightning strike lingered in the air for a brief second as fully modded rifle akin to an AK-12. The sparks of energy spread across her body as black exoskeleton began to form around her body. In a blink of an eye Alicia had donned a highly advanced suit of armor, she allowed the rifle to hang from its sling on her shoulder as she tied her hair up, she then materialized a helmet and equipped it on.

The helmet was smooth and black, whoever had the helmet equipped their face would be completely hidden. The helmet flickered to life as a holographic skull revealed itself in the black glass like portion of the helmet visor. Blue holographic text displayed itself before Alicia:

Reconnaissance Exoskeleton Armor Personalized Equipped Reinforcement

Project: R.E.A.P.E.R online…

Alicia now stood fully geared, the armor had completely obscured her small petite figure. The armor was platted and reinforced, the mechanical muscle fibers underneath the plates made her form bulkier and seemingly more masculine. The eerie holographic skull turned to Mythal as Alicia gave him a nod and followed her commanding officers commands. Through the means of a good throw and bit of magic, Dakvid teleported the squad all the way to town. Before they entered their based of operations, Alicia materialized a few miniature cameras. She tossed them to the ground, the cameras sprouted mechanical legs and began crawling up on the building, each camera attached themselves to multiple angles on the building giving Alicia a perfect 360 degree view of their surroundings. Alicia then followed the rest inside, her rifle at the ready. Alicia’s prosthetic eyes scanned the building, there seemed to be no uninvited guests in their midst.

“I’ll set up upstairs… keep an eye out… I’ll be able to hear what you guys talk about… my helmet should pick it up” Alicia’s voice was scrambled and changed due tot he voice modifier in the helmet. Her voice was cloaked making it deeper making her sound nothing like how she normally sounded. Alicia nodded again, she racked the bolt of her rifle to taker her position as look out and a sniper upstairs.

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 29th December 2021, 12:54 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    838/3900 words || @Ryuusei || job info/job sign-up || short note here

Securing a building for a Rune Knight operation was fairly easy, especially when purchased under a false name. The Darkness Slayer’s time spent as the lead of the Spec Ops division had given him plenty of insight and tricks on how to remain as innocuous and quiet as possible. Alicia had activated what could only be called a battle suit; some kind of full body plated exoskeleton that covered her completely. It made her indistinguishable from the rest of the group, at least in terms of gender, and Mythal was sure that it had plenty of other tricks as well. Once they had arrived in the small town, they moved into the home, with Alicia creating a series of tiny cameras that she ordered to take up residence on all the corners of the structure.

Once inside, they performed a quick sweep of the rooms before settling in. Equipment was placed alongside the doors and windows -- viewpoints for the team to look through in case things got hairy or suspicious. Mythal pulled out a small device and tossed it into the middle of the room. It opened up, sprouting metal poles that pressed into the wooden floor and raised the circular oval up off the ground. It hummed to life and lit up, crafting a holographic image that was, at the moment, blank and without information. The Director pulled out one of his electronic pads and typed in a few commands, summoning the map that Alicia had provided them.

“A’ight Pinpoint, yer up,” he said, nodding to the Reaper Squad member. They nodded and walked over to the window, looking out at the mountain that towered above the town. There they stood for several minutes, just staring out through the pane.

“Do we know if any of the townspeople could be working with the Sons of Faera?” Dakvid asked as he did a systems check on his sniper rifle.

“It’s possible but I doubt it. One benefit to my magic is I can read a person’s own personal darkness. And I ain’t pickin’ up anyone that seems suspicious, beyond the normal amount.” The Director glanced out of the corner of his eye at the door, looking through it. His senses were within every shadow in the town and he could pick up every trace of good and evil within its members. There were a few that were concerning on a regular scale but nothing in comparison to what they would be looking for. Faera’s influence would be toxic, a bright red beacon of evil and maliciousness that he wouldn’t be able to ignore.

“Got it,” Pinpoint finally spoke up, turning back to the group. She walked towards the holographic generator and as she came closer, Mythal handed her the datapad. Her fingers flew across the keyboard as she began programming and talking at the same time. “Thirty of them inside a series of metal tunnels and rooms constructed into the mountain. Most of them are dressed like the villagers here, most likely to divert suspicion in case anyone finds them. There are generic articles of mining equipment around the entrances that aren’t hidden, giving the impression of a mine. But there’s plenty of magical arsenal inside. I also think I found your guy… I couldn’t get too close to him. He looked like he could almost see me.”

“Pinpoint’s magic is Spirit Manifestation. She can leave her body and travel up to ten miles away without bein’ detected, most times. Not surprised the head honcho has extra senses to pick up on that shit.” Mythal informed Alicia, assuming that she could actually hear through her headset. Little icons appeared on the map, designed to represent figures that Pinpoint had scouted out.

“He’s holed up near the core of the base. So getting to him will undoubtedly rely on us either sneaking through the bulk of their forces or putting them on the offensive,” Pinpoint continued as she finished programming.

“I can get past most of ‘em to get to him. But if I start anythin’ with him, it’ll bring the rest of ‘em. We’ll need a diversion,” Mythal said with a hum of thought.

“Our speciality,” Dakvid said with a smirk. Stepping forward, he pointed at one of the rear entrances. “I say Reaper Squad and Alicia draw their attention here. Attack then pull back, drawing the closest guards and the perimeter patrol towards us. Down in this valley just below that entrance; that’ll make for a good kill box. They’ll be hit from both sides without cover and Black Rider will disorient them enough to keep ‘em from forming up. That’ll give you a chance to sneak in and capture the big guy.”

“Countin’ that it’s that easy. We strike at midday -- set up like that, they’ll be expectin’ someone to try and sneak in at night or early in the mornin’. High noon’ll be that last thing they’ll expect so they’ll be off edge. That gives us a few hours. I suggest y’all get yourselves ready.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 26th January 2022, 7:47 pm