Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Stormy Tower...

Homura
    Homura

Player 
    Lineage : Kuroryu: The Void Dragon
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 4,155

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Asura Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Stormy Tower... Empty The Stormy Tower...

Post by Homura 30th December 2020, 9:45 am

Job Link

Topple the Tower (Min word count: 2.5 K)

The Stormy Tower:

Hargeon was another port town, much like Cedar where Homura frequented. Unlike that one, this one had no guild to its' name. The other difference was the sudden dreary weather that now plagued its shores. According to the reports, a mysterious tower had appeared. Rumors had circulated how those who enter never returned and since then, the entire coast had suffered inclining weather. It was mysterious, and an omen of doom from those who chose to enter it.

Homura took up the chance to face the tower, unafraid of what dangers were inside. It was unknown what was there that posed such a threat or even what would cause the bad weather. Still, it was making an issue of things for the surrounding people. It had to be addresed. However, there were two things Homura was certain about. ONe, he wasn't about to admit the same fate to those who failed to return.

Second, he wasn't alone.

About time we did something fun. Tear down this tower? That should be a fun destraction, Asura spoke in Homura's mind, voicing his approval.
    One good strike and I bet it will topple like dominos.

Homura stood on a hill that overlooked the bridge that led to the cliffside and tower that stretched overhead. Despite the howling wind and rain, he heard Asura without fail. "Wow... you using a classy analagy. You must be impressed," he teased the demon-god in his head. "But please, if it could be taken down that easily, don't you think others would of done it by now? It's likely enchanted from the inside out. Why else would people go in there otherwise." he explained.

Alright. Works for me. Whatever is inside must be just as challenging. Good. I been wanting for a chance to cut loose and tear things apart, Asura spoke with glee, making Homura tremble a bit at the unbridled enjoyment he could sense in the god of destruction.

"Well, consider it a Christmas present then. " he commented as he pulled up his coat to give him a bit more warmth against the pelting rain. "Still, don't do anything stupid. Last thing I want is you cutting loose so much you bring the stupid roof down on our heads while we are inside. Got it?" he ordered as he began to march towards the tower.

Yeah, yeah. Come on and take the stick out of your own ass already. Enjoy the carnage a bit. It may do you some good.

"Hm, why else do you think I agreed to take this job. Least here I won't worry about any bystanders... if you don't go overboard by your standards," he returned in jab as he approached the bridge...

WC: 459

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Stormy Tower... Empty Re: The Stormy Tower...

Post by Homura 31st December 2020, 10:58 am

Homura marched across the stone bridge that soon led to the twin doors of the tower as the thunder roared and the rain pelted him. He had the rim of his jacket up but it offered little protection from the soaking water. He pressed at the doors and after a bit of effort, they began to move. At first, Homura figured he would push to open it all the way, but soon they began to open all on their own as if to welcome him in.

He didn't give much thought or care to the omen of that and just marched into the tower. He didn't even flinch as he heard the doors start to creak and close behind him with a loud shut-- sealing him inside and now threatened with the fate of others.

The inside was semi-lit by a few torches that hung around the wall but it was grey and dark. A few openings could be seen via pillars that looked out at the exterior of the tower. If there was any way 'out' those would be it, however-- it often led to the violet seas below and that would mean certain death. The inside was oriental in design, much like from where Homura was from. Ornate statues were carved into the structure from statues to reliefs in the pillars, along with noticeable stares that led naturally up. The tower was cold and dark in parts, which made it clearly unwelcoming despite the decoration.

Despite his coat, a shiver came from Homura as now he was out of the rain. "Ugh, if I don't die from some ghoul or monster in this tower, it's probably by catching a bad cold," he grumbled.

Pussy, Asura jabbed at Homura. Had he actually possessed a body of his own, Homura would of punched him in the jaw for that. Instead, however-- a sudden part of HOmura's magic appeared on its own-- rather by Asura's own will. Flames suddenly engulfed Homura. Neither burning or harming him, but a part of Homura's soul of fire magic-- creating a barrier normally to burn attacks-- and also clearly drying and warming him up.

"I don't know if I want to thank you or punch you for that," Homura commented aloud.

A chuckle escaped in his mind. You can thank me by finding me something worth punching to a pulp. Asura spoke.

However, in that moment, both were surprised by sudden discovery. The flames of his aura suddenly flickered, then went out. Homura's eyes widened at this as he felt his magic, or rather Asura's go out and become instable. It was different from how Asura tried to take over him. "What the hell was that?" he asked. It took Homura a moment to try and manifest some of his given magic through his link with Asura-- but not even a spark went off.

Are you ****ing KIDDING ME?! Who dares surpress me like this. Certainly not a light-weight like you! Asura roared, almost giving him a headache.

"Calm down for once, you idiot," Homura growled as he looked up to the ceiling of the tower. While nothing was there, he felt an odd pressure when he focused on the top of the tower. "I think I got a good idea why no one has left this tower. It surpresses magic. meaning whenever a foe challenged someone, they couldn't use any kind of magic to escape. And it's not like we have any weapons to help us. "

Despite what a pain Asura was, he couldn't help but ask. "What about you, Asura? " Homura asked, "If this place dampens magic, how are YOU feeling as you are literally raw magic to start with in this state."

You dare concern with MY well being? I'm fine you fool! But I can't even take over you even if I tried, Asura grumbled, I'm not in any danger, but I can't seem to do anything either way from inside here.

Homura smirked and a soft chuckle escaped him. "Oh, is that right?" he commented coyly, "That's handy to know. I should come here often then. I could get used to this place."

Remember those words when you DO need my help, smart-ass, Asura argued as Homura began to make his way into the tower. Only one could imagine what they would find once they climbed the first floor...

WC: 732

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 31st December 2020, 10:58 am

The member 'Homura' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The Stormy Tower... OdAaNwh
    Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Homura 31st December 2020, 3:35 pm

Ascending the first floor, Homura discovered there was more space INSIDE the tower than the outside seemed to house. It was unusual to say the least, but still he could only question just how far he could climb before he would meet something troublesome. In the corridor between the first and third floor-- he soon saw something in the shadows of the corridor.

Shadows of people moving about, as if lost or limping. "Survivors?" Homura thought as he spotted them.

Could be. Why don't you go and strike a conversation with them? Asura offered sarcastically.

Homura wasnt' an idiot as he soon saw that they were so many but quiet. As if they barely acknowledged one another. Still...

"Hey! You there! You all alive or what?" he called out as he slowly approached.

One's head turned, soon gazing at Homura-- but before a single word was uttered, its eyes glowed with 'life'.

"GRRRRAAAA!!" it shot forward, finally showing to be a semi-whithered husk of a person that looked barely alive. Rather, he was life-ish, and more dead than alive.

The ghoul tackled Homura trying to pin and claw at him, which Homura rolled over and prompted the creature away with his arms and feet. He got a face full of the zombie creature's bad breath as it tried to bite into him.

I told you so, Asura thought with a grumble.

Asura grimaced at both the Zombie and Asura's flippant response. "Hey, ever hear of personal space! Get off!" Homura growled and delivered a fierce kick to push the zombie off. The zombie was soon lodged off, and Homura rolled backflipping backward and right side up to land on his feet.

He tried to conjure some fire-- but it turned out, the flicker of fire soon went out. The brief reminder was how magic was restricted inside the tower for some reason. The zombie gave another charge, this time urging more of its kind to now notice him. He growled as he wished he had a weapon. However, he had the next best thing.

WACK!! Homura spun and delivered a swift spin kick right into the zombie's head. The snak was so powerful it sent the beast flying, and knocking off its head and limbs with the well-placed melee strike.

"They are clingy as ex-girlfriends," Homura grunted as he saw another one incoming. This time he ducked low to avoid its grab, followed by a swift grab of its decaying arm to flip him and delivered a well place kick to the head once he was on the ground. The skull caved in as easily as a paper bag.

Fists clenched he knew he couldn't afford to let one touch him or wound him, and that would be an issue. With Asura or not, a bite of a zombie could turn you into one and he doubt he was immune to such things.

WC: 484

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 31st December 2020, 3:35 pm

The member 'Homura' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The Stormy Tower... NXDHjfc
    Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Homura 31st December 2020, 7:55 pm

It was times like this he learned how to survive in hand to hand combat. While he was more skilled with bladed weapons, he learned how to fight from many places. Mostly by observation or survival training, but he knew the body could be a weapon. That and his strength was most formidable even without magic.

While he didn't want to get too close to the other zombies in the room, he knew he was left with no other option. He just had to make sure he crushed them fast and hard with decisive blows or incapacitate them from moving at least.

Two more zombies ran for him, each one he smashed their heads in with decisive strikes.

THUD!!

The entire room shook with the growls and strikes. He paused for a moment. "What was that?" he asked aloud.

What am I? A navigator? How the hell should I know?! Asura complained.

The sounds echoed and even the zombies were aware as suddenly a part of the wall moved. He soon saw it. A looming shadow that seemed to be bulky and slow, but stepped with force. The glow on its body soon revealed it to be a magic golem, standing nearly 10 meters tall. Clearly it rose with the sound of the fighting and the zombies' cries. As if this wasn't enough.

"Oh crap!" he grumbled and quickly jumped back.

SLAM!! The golem brought down a fist to where Homura had been. Luckily the mage had gotten pack for enough to avoid the impact and shockwave related to it. Still, the zombie wasn't so lucky as the beast was crushed underfoot.

Homura took a second to catch his breath as now the golem and the zombies were a problem, but at least the two were not exclusively together. Both were mindless, and likely one could easily kill one another if he kept clear. "Well, this makes things a bit easier to handle. If you want to fight yourselves then knock yourselves out." he commented.

Another zombie came after him, but was soon crushed by the giant as well, causing Homura to retreat a bit more from where he was. Still, he couldn't go back the way he came. He had to press forward somehow. He looked to under the legs of the golem, and soon found the next staircase leading upward.

Fed up with defense, Homura charged forward, anxious to get through. Even if he couldn't stop the golem, he could power through and leave them behind on the previous floor. with luck, they wouldn't follow him.

WC: 429
    TWC: 2104

Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Homura 2nd January 2021, 7:47 am

A grin came across Homura as he dug his feet into the ground and waited for his timing. As one zombie rushed to get close, he charged-- timing it just right as the golem nearby reached with another fist-- only to crush the corpse into mush. Still, the golem was keen on killing Homura far more than just a few zombies.

Like a jolt through his body, he found his opening and charged. Darting left and right, he kept constant movement to evade the incoming crash of the golem behind him. He ignored the zombies this time, merely evading them with his own momentum and passing by them. One merely grabbed his coat but he swiftly grabbed him and tossed him away to keep on moving.

As he ran, he saw something had been dropped by the zombies and golem. Coins, by the look of them. As he ran he scooped them up, gathering the ones he had previously slain and the ones who dropped them on the way.

The golem still followed him. and he soon reached the point he wanted-- up against the wall of the room. The golem came up, preparing to unleash a devistating attack on it. "That's it... come and get me you big dummy..." Homura urged.

The hell?! Run you idiot! You die-- I die! Asura yelled at him.

Homura ignored him as he timed it right as the giant raised both of its arms to slam down on Homura. In that instant, Homura rolled forward, and sprinted again. The giant slammed his fists into the wall and caused the whole room to quake!

It was then the whole room started to crack and tumble, chunks of ceiling starrting to fall down from the golem's reckless attacks. A large slab of stone fell on the golem and cracked a part of its chest-- causing it to let out a loud groan. It fell t o the floor with a massive thud behind Homura, and refused to get up. As he glanced behind him, he found another pile of those coins-- which he quickly picked up as the room continued to crumble.

"Time to go!" Homura said to himself as he dashed for the ascending staircase at the end of the room. As the room caved in, crushing zombies and almost killing Homura with the crumbling roof, he moved as fast as he could to the doorway. The moment he passed through it, a large mass of the ceiling fell-- and closed off the doorway he passed in, making the whole room impassible.

Only when he realized he was safe, he turned and saw as the rocks piled up against the open passageway, now making it impossible to turn back. With the 'coins' in hand, he let out a breath of relief as he turned away. "This is the point of no return I guess..." Homura replied.

You're insane when you want to be... no wonder I find you a good match of a host, Asura commented with a laugh.

"Shut up," Homura grumbled and climed t he stairs with the coins in hand. Who knew what would lie up ahead....

TBC.
    Coins gathered: 8 stones, 9 sacks of gold.

WC: 527
    TWC: 2631

END of Part 1.

Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Homura 2nd January 2021, 9:33 am

Job Sign up for Part 2

Topple the Tower (Min word count: 2.5 K)

The Stormy Tower: Chapter 2

Coins gathered: 8 stones, 9 sacks of gold.

(WIP)

Homura
    Homura

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Homura 3rd March 2021, 6:17 pm

The white haired youth climed the tower's steps. He had cleared the majority of the traps and monsters on the first floor, having been laid out with a bunch of undead monsters which also partly were some of the former visitors who tried to enter this place. He knew his climb had just started and he was not about to leave till he reached the source of this tower's power, and its chaos. So here he was, now alone... well not completely.

He soon reached the next floor of the tower. At first, he expected to find another floor full of creatures, monsters and other things that wanted to tear him to shreds. However, that floor didn't have anything like that. Before him was another circular chamber, much like the first one he had entered when he came into the tower. It was just as dark and almost the same. Had he not gone up, he would of sworn he was in the same chamber as before. The only difference was the flashes of lightning outside of the 'windows' outside of the pillars.

However, one thing was different. He was not alone...

Sitting in the center of the building was a large, cloaked man. He sat there in the dark, a goard full of sake in his hands and cross-legged on the cold floor. From a glance, he almost looked dead but he moved. His hood and cloaked obscured most of his body, but a glance he seemed to be a man with a sharp beard under his chin. He also carried a wrapped up thin object, which looked odd to Homura.

Careful kid, Asura spoke in his mind, Don't be an idiot and presume he is harmless. The lazy types often have blood on their hands.

"Oh? And who makes up that shit?" Homura asked, but still regarded the demon god in his head's advice. Slowly, he approached.

As he got closer, the man finished his swig of his drink and let out a refreshing 'aaaah'. "Ah, how interesting. I didn't think I'd see another person come here. The others been scared shitless, or died. Take your pick." he said.

"Who are you?" Homura asked bluntly.

WC: 368

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 3:43 am