Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Waiting for the Word [SOLO]

makarirm
    makarirm

Player 
    Lineage : Sand Demon
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 100

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Serpent Chain Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Waiting for the Word [SOLO] Empty Waiting for the Word [SOLO]

Post by makarirm 28th December 2020, 3:35 pm

“So, how’s guild life treating you Seb? It’s nice to finally see you stepping foot out of the bar for once.” Sebu looked up his book to be faced with the owner of his favorite pub in Fiore, Amadeus Reise. “Oh, sorry Amadeus,” Sebu closes his book and smiles, “It’s different definitely, but I would say being in smaller scale guild is a lot more my speed, and the travel perks are bringing me one step closer to finding Lux. I’m just hoping that it all works out.” Amadeus chuckles and pats Sebu on the head. “You’ll be fine, kid. You’ll be a top notch mage in no time.” Amadeus reaches below the bar and brings out a crumpled piece of paper. He sets it out on the bar and flattens it out to see. “It’s gonna be a while till you’ll be getting back out to the desert kid, but I have a job for you if you’d like. It’s still local, but like you said, one step closer to finding your little friend, right?” It was a crude drawing of a middle-aged man with a rugged looks and a scowl on his face.

Sebu snatched the paper up and begin to read it intently. “Wanted: Arun Algent. 3 Counts of armed robbery, and 1 count of assault and battery. Seems like a pretty run of the mill convict, law enforcement can’t find him themselves?” Amadeus sighs, “apparently this is his third escape attempt. They don’t want to offer anymore of their internal resources to this guy so they’ve been reaching out to guilds to take a stab at it. It’s a small reward but—” Sebu cuts him off as he gets up from his seat, “You know me Amadeus. Money is money, it’s always better than working for free.” Amadeus slaps the bar and laughs. “Damn straight, boy! I’ve taught you well. You can count on a free drink when you get back!”

Sebu laughs as he walks out of the pub and fold the paper and places it in his pocket. “He’s supposed to be somewhere nearby. Maybe his family lives somewhere close. They might know something.” After asking around Era for a bit, Sebu was quickly pointed in the direction of the Algent household.

Sebu approaches a secluded clearing on the outskirts of the woods. “’Don’t worry Seb, it’s a local job.’ This was a walk and a half to get out here. Wish he would’ve let me know that beforehand.” In the center of the clearing, there sat a small log cabin with smoke billowing from the chimney. He walked up to the door stealthily and knocked on the door. The door creaked open slowly as a small child with short red hair opened the door. Sebu kneeled down to her level and smiled at her. “Hi there! I’m Sebu, what’s your name?” The child narrowed her eyes at Sebu, “Pine.” She slams the door in Sebu’s face the door stopping centimeters before his nose. A second voices comes from inside the cabin. “Now don’t be rude to visitors Pine, and we don’t slam doors in this house.”

A moment passes and the door opens again. This time Sebu is faced with a wearing looking man. His eyes widen as he makes a realization. His features were softer than the drawing made them out to be, but it was undeniable. The man sighs and opens the door fully. “I suppose you’re here to take me away. This is the longest I’ve been out you know?” He chuckles softly, “feel like we should celebrate right?” This didn’t feel right to Sebu. The man didn’t have the makings of a convict. “This is the last time, though. I’m getting too old to be making the same escapes. Just wanted to say my goodbyes and make sure my family was doing okay.” The man gestures inside to a woman asleep in a run-down bed, and Pine kneeling at her side. “Your wife and daughter I assume?” Arun nods. “It’s been two years since I’ve seen them. Two years since I’ve seen Pine. I wanted to witness the young woman she’s grown to be.” Sebu hesitates for a moment. “I’ll let you say your goodbyes, but you’re right, I have to take you back.” Arun smiles warmly, nods, and closes the door.

Sebu waits outside patiently until Arun opens the door again. He places a pair of cuffs around Arun’s hands and leads him back into town. “If you don’t mind kid, keep an eye on my girls for me. And let me know how they’re doing from time to time.” Sebu nods as he turns Arun in. Sebu returns to Amadeus’ pub and sits at the bar silently. He waves down Amadeus and takes his free drink, cracks open his book and ponders on the days events. Amadeus eyes Sebu and puts a hand on his shoulder, “it gets easier kid. One step closer, right?” Sebu doesn’t look up at Amadeus. “Right.”

WC: 835

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:55 pm