Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Simple Bear Necessities (Exam)

Tabitha
    Tabitha

Player 
    Lineage : Bringer of Death
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,625

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Simple Bear Necessities (Exam) Empty The Simple Bear Necessities (Exam)

Post by Tabitha 27th November 2020, 3:06 pm

Drip. Drip. Drip. A slow end to a stream left with only the last few gasps of liquid breath as it fell from the mouth and then down into the river hanging below. A waterfall without a cycle of continuous flow back. And the river below beginning to bellow with anger from the ending of the flow, swirling in a whirlpool of frustrations. Only in the end to find that it was no waterfall cascading down into the next portion of the cycle, but a liquid of a light, almost clear liquid. It swirling being the handle of the glass surrounding it to be its barrier from escape. The anger of the whirlpool became nothing more than a very saddened cat girl at the sight of her drink of choice. The bottle set down on the table came before one of many sighs of annoyance in having run out of her bottle of wine. “Nyaaa.... just purrrfect... that was my last bit of Cabpawnet Sauvinyan! And a really expensive brand too.”

The pouting neko decided she had to go and make a few jewels to go replace her stock and for such a thing she had to go to the boards to do so. Word-of-mouth jobs were a good quick buck, but the posted jobs usually yielded more bang for their buck, so to speak. Sipping slowly on her glass as she made her way through the hallways up to the arborium to find the jobs board, she couldn’t help but playfully hum to herself. Of course, she had to pause and enjoy the most of her wine before departing for work. It was a savory brand and frankly to let it go to waste was a crime in it of itself.

Having nothing else to do today, it seemed like a good way to spend the day going and banging out a couple good jobs and making some money, but one seemed to pique her interest. Her eyes settled onto a job in a village dealing with a bear problem. While sipping on her wine, she pulled the flier off of the board and looked it over. “Hmm... I purrrhaps I should think this one over. If not, I’ll probably do damage than good.” She muttered. She paused for a moment to look around and with a table nearby, she chugged down the last of her wine and set it down on the table. “Nyaa! Hits the spot!” With a light shake of the head, she had gotten her head on straight from a slightly tipsy turn from the action of chugging the rest of her wine like she was downing a shot glass.

A fortune part of Tabitha’s abilities was being able to travel places through the shadows themselves as though they were their own world. Doing so let her go from the ship to the land with no need to go up and down through the pods or by any other means than she normally traveled from place-to-place. Though that came only on her own time. When dealing with more familial tasks, she had to abide by their rules and never questioned the need to save a few jewels and time on a ride. As she arrived in a small wooded section nearby the village, she took a moment to pan through the shadows for information, trying to figure out what she had to deal with without having to go into the village and possibly being caught up distractions. “Gossip, gossip, gospel....” A sound caught her ears, making her ready to pounce into the village before something hit her. Her face flushed bright red and the grunting sounds became more human real quick. “That wasn’t a bear attacking! That was anal sex!” Beet red now, she shook her head with her hands placed over top and tried quickly to get over the flustered embarrassment she faced in having overheard that.

The sound of grass crunching had gotten nowhere with her at first. It wasn’t until the snapping of several twigs that she pulled her hands away from her face and looked around. A man had emerged from some brush and collapsed. Jumping from the surprise, she had immediately caught a hood whiff of blood and ran to his aide immediately. “H-Hey, mister? Are you ok?” She tried to ask him some basic questions to get him to try and speak and stay conscious, but it seemed like he blacked out once he saw there was someone nearby. The shadow mage pulled him from the brush and looked over his body to find a light scratch mark and then a nasty bite mark that looked like it nearly took his arm off. Then the sound of the cry came out. Birds scattered from the immediate vicinity and she tried to begin moving him against her better judgement.

When she tried to pick up the stranger, the black haired mage noticed that there was a trail leading up to the two and now the bear had the scent of blood, much less the taste. She wanted to be able to rescue this poor creature, but this village wouldn’t be able to survive a blood hungry bear now. Several hurried footsteps came from the opposite direction the man had come from, hopefully being help if anything when the bear had pushed forward first. Letting out another cry towards the two, Tabi was led to set the man down and by them a little time. The bear seemed to be a bit of a frenzy and immediately charged the two. Seeming like a better time than any, she pulled the shadows around them shaded by the trees around them over her body. Conforming it into shape, her normal feline tail now extended some with an added bit of fluff to it. Her body appearing to be covered in what looked to be slightly altered shading colored to match the color of her hair and fur as if now she was covered from head-to-toe sans her face.

With the rampant wildlife approaching, she swung her body around and the tail delivered its strike to the bears face and toppling the creature, but not sending it any further than a few inches before it landed. “Nothing purrrsonal, Yogi. I’m just nyat letting this man die.” Coming from her own body, the shadows around her had begun to move almost and grew a pole like object in her hands. At the top, the pole formed a crescent shaped blade, completing the creation of her scythe and waited for the bear to begin to get up onto its before she acted. One quick swing; the perfect swing. The body slumped back onto the ground and the head rolling off a couple feet away. “Hmph... I wish I could have had another way.” She paused, giving a sigh as the shadows poured away from her into the ground where it would dissipate into nothing if not the shade around the mage. “I hate this part of the job, but I would rather it be me than someone who wouldn’t think twice about killing an animal.”

Muttering to herself, she looked on solemnly to her victim and then turned around to that ones own victim. There she saw several people of the village nearby whom came and began to treat him while she had taken care of their issue. They thanked her and offered to pay her on the spot, but she turned it down and came back to the injured male, putting on a smile. “Let’s get him back and set up and we can worry about that later.” And upon the agreement, helped to carry him safely back to the village, even spending some time to assure he had gotten the proper aid he needed before she headed back to report her job and the result of it. A grim outcome that she had to resort to. But one for the many was the only option this time around.

1334/1000 words

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Simple Bear Necessities (Exam) GtF3mm9

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 12:01 am