Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad]

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Magic: Onmyōdō
    Third Magic: Second Origin

Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad] Empty Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad]

Post by Mura Kensho 12th October 2020, 1:47 pm

It was a painful walk back to Magnolia after the climax to that mission… a climax that he had experienced quite a handful of times, rarely in comparison to something else. Here’s why…

Battling a sea monster of that size today just begged for him to merge with Zirconis, but once again, he was reminded of how incompatible his fragile human body was with the soul of a previous pseudo-Elder Dragon. It was sooooooooo much easier to merge with the soul of another human like Kyuken, but Mura could still feel his muscles left a tiny bit sore after performing the spell that allowed them to fuse.

With Zirconis, however, his muscles crackled for a few days afterwards…

And in this fine morning, he stood in front of the mirror at his home, eyeing himself while Mythica was out for the time being. His tired face was a trademark at this point, but his arms… they were rather mediocre to look at. Mind you, this was all from his own perspective, and he was starting to loath his lack of clearly-contoured grenades sealed between his bicep bones and skin, just emitting with masculine energy…

Maybe the image in his head was over the top, but his arms were thinner than the ice he walked on every time he talked with another woman near his wife. Despite his position as a Wizard Saint, his role as Guildmaster of Fairy Tail, his magical prowess and skills with his ninjaken, he developed quite slower than most around him - before, he rarely noticed it, but now that the guild was starting to fill up with taller, more handsome nuclear sites, Mura couldn’t help but feel somewhat self-aware. Maybe he should just ignore it… maybe…

Or maybe he was starting to think of all of this because of Zirconis. There was a practical reason to try and get gains, right?

Yeah, that would likely be for the best.

Therefore, the next day when he went to the guild hall, Mura grabbed a piece of paper and a pen as he wrote his request:

I’m in need of training aimed to increase muscularity for combat reasons. If you can aid me efficiently, I’ll highly appreciate it. Consider this a more personal plead, but I’ll still compensate from my personal treasury. Dearly, Mura.

Then he smacked the paper on the job board like any other quest. He would glare at it for a while, awkward as this was his first pleaded request ever.

WC. 417

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Energy Monarch
    Second Magic: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Magic:

Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad] Empty Re: Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad]

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 12th October 2020, 5:22 pm

There’s no fair or unfair in battle.
    ( There is only victory or in your case, defeat. )
    Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad] RJtajUnz_o

Luckily for Mura, he wouldn’t have to wait very long.

Before the guildmaster of Fairy Tail even had a chance to walk away, he would feel a presence come up beside him. The hand of Vandrad reached forward and tore the paper from the board, dark orbs scanning over the written words of the self-proclaimed Ghost Slayer. The prince had just finished eating a short while before and was coming to glance over the jobs for anything curious. He had imagined he wouldn’t find anything too tantalizing and, once that was all set and done, he would return to his room and finish up some work on the patching he’d planned for his software. He was wholly surprised to find the guildmaster there, set up before the board as well. Perhaps the young man was looking for a job to go out on? Yet before he could greet Mura, he spotted what looked like a fairly informal job pinned to the board. It wasn’t unusual for different parchment to be used but this looked like it’d been a request put in on a whim, a spur of the moment action.

Imagine the prince’s further shock to discover not only was it a request from Mura but it was a job that had almost nothing to do with any kind of dangerous mission. No, it seemed the guildmaster had grown tired of his small, lithe frame and was looking to add on some musculature. How interesting. Vandrad raised his gaze from the paper to Mura, considering him with a serious gaze. "Increasing muscle and mass isn’t just a matter of training. It requires an overhaul of one’s way of thinking, of eating, of communing with their mind, body and soul. It isn’t as simple as picking up weights and doing a couple of push ups every day. It’s commitment to better one’s self, to empower the temple that is your body with absolute physical strength,” he told the guildmaster gruffly, which wasn’t his unusual tone. But it wasn’t demeaning -- in fact, it was almost like Vandrad was already speaking out of a place of educational authority.

And why wouldn’t he? He’d trained numerous soldiers for Bellum on how to better increase their physical and magical strengths. This was just revisiting all his years of service in the military. He folded up the piece of paper and stuffed it into his back pocket as he turned to face Mura fully, arms crossing over his chest. "If you think you can crack it, I’ll train you. No payment necessary -- consider it a favor to you and to Fairy Tail. You took me in when you didn’t need to and your guild has provided housing, sustenance and financial gain, as well as the opportunities to better my own abilities. The least I can do is help my guildmaster increase his body mass index.” They were all very complimentary and kind words but Vandrad approached them from a business-like direction, as if he was conducting a transaction. "Training begins now. Follow me,” he instructed, flicking his head in the direction of the training room and leading the way.

"I will craft a dietary plan for you after this first training session. If you wish to put on bulk quickly and efficiently, you will stick to it completely. Don’t worry -- once you’ve put on the appropriate poundage, you can amend the plan yourself so long as you counter it with suitable training. My methods are considered tough by most people that have trained under me, as I am not here to be your friend. I am here to push you past your limitations. Morning training begins promptly at seven in the morning, not a minute later. Evening training is at the same time. We will focus on different muscles each day, to ensure you are building all around and not overworking previously worked muscles. I’m not sure if you’ve ever experienced rigorous training before but I will warn you ahead of time; you are going to be sore and you are going to despite it at first. Push through the pain and ache and you will be rewarded.” He delivered his speech to his guildmaster as they moved through the guild, heading to the training room that Vandrad practically called home.

The door opened for him and Mura and the prince walked back into the room he’d occupied only about an hour prior. He pointed to a spot in the center of the room, silently directing Mura to stand in place before him. "Training will differ depending on what we’re trying to improve but rest assured, we will be sparring. I cannot truly estimate your increase in physical strength until I feel it myself and the best way to experience that is to get hit. Now… give me a hundred push ups.”

Words: 806 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad] Empty Re: Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad]

Post by Mura Kensho 13th October 2020, 1:25 pm

Mura barely got to step away before one particular Fairy Tail Wizard had his eyes on the shorter Guildmaster’s request. He turned his head to spot Vandrad who didn’t waste a second to explain the very true meaning of increasing muscle. At that point, it was clear to the shaman that Vandrad wanted to fulfill his request, and merely by being reminded of said Energy Mage’s build, Mura’s eyes began to shine softly. A light of hope beamed through him with Vandrad as his savior, his guide to an evolution.

… He made it sound a lot. Like a lot. Mura would have to transform not only his body, but also his mind to grasp the fruits of such a drive. How long would it take, then? Or would that matter?

No, no, no! He shouldn’t ask questions like that! He clenched his fists terribly harsh, for he tried to shake away quite a habit of his - not taking routine-like things as seriously at first. Man, he felt like a 13-year old again in this state. His gaze was locked onto Vandrad all the time, his eyebrows sharp and his face pointy with will, willing to accept what was going to happen and what he had to do in order to break out of his shota-like identity. Hearing that Vandrad would willingly train him out of gratitude for what the guild had done for him only fueled the shaman’s desire to begin right away. While Vandrad may have talked to him from a professional standpoint, Mura took everything he said to heart as he would any Fairy Tail Mage.

“… Yessir!” Mura replied, a phrase he had previously only said to none other than the late, previous Guildmaster Heero. Man, this feeling brought him back to his novice days in the guild, constantly put on a table with past guildmates to learn about Fiore, the country’s cultures, currencies and other practical things like how to approach and take requests from people and papers, on top of all the physical and spiritual training that he received under Master Kanix, Eris, Ezreal and the others. Mura followed Vandrad intently while thinking back to those days.

… Dietary plan? Wait, did this mean that Mura would have to, perhaps, take a break from sashimi? Pempura? Udon? Ramen? Yakitori? White rice? Rice balls? Unagi? That would be a difficult habit to break… but hey, old habits were best broken by substitution with new habits. He just hoped that… well, that he would stick to it. While he thought that, who knew what his subconsciousness would do.

At the training room upstairs, Vandrad made it clear to him that this was going to be rough and that he wouldn’t hold Mura’s hand like a pedagogue. Morning training was set at seven in the morning, and evening training was - clear to Mura’s deduction - at seven in the evening. He could remember that by heart - if he didn’t have that ability, then he wouldn’t be a shrewd Guildmaster, would he? He felt confident that he could push through and gain from Vandrad’s training schedule, reminding himself that it wasn’t the first time that he had trained ever. It was still the same core principle.

Push through the pain and ache, and you will be rewarded.

As Mura was pointed towards the center of the training room, he walked towards it obediently. Vandrad informed him that they would spar at one point to check his development, but the first work that Mura was going to do was… a hundred push-ups. Something he hadn’t done before, shockingly.

“Ooooooooooooooooooooh! This brings back memories~!” Kyuken’s ghostly, samurai voice echoed as the blue spirit ball head dazzled around Mura, “I almost want to join, but… I think it’d be cheating if we merged bodies. You’re training your body, not your magic.”

“And you’re also a ghost…” Mura replied before laying on his stomach and planting his hands on the floor to push himself up. The first ten push-ups took way less than a second per push-up, while the next batch of 10 push-ups took about half a second. The next 20 push-ups took about a second per push-up.

“Wait, Mura, aren’t you faster than thi-“

“Magic, Kyuken!”

“O-Oh, yeah, that’s right! By the gods, how reliant you’ve been on that… barely noticed it.”

“Hrrnng…”

He wanted to look like an adult now. He wasn’t going to be a short manboy any longer. He was going to put effort into upping his compatibility with Zirconis. All of those reasons backed him up along the push-ups, motivating him to continue. Sweat began slowly trickling down as the last 40 push-ups required a little while. It was starting to go slower and slower… around the 60th push-up, Mura felt his arms lock. It was as if they begged him to take a break-

They wouldn’t take a break when fighting demons and monsters! They would never take a break when the guild was under attack, or when he was swinging Harusame! They hadn’t taken a break before, so they weren’t going to take a break now!

His teeth grinding against each other could be heard as he pushed on, excruciatingly. The few drops of sweat became lines of bodily liquids escaping his skin like a shower, but he pushed on. At that point, he had forgotten to count, but he kept on and didn’t want to shockingly disappoint himself. He was more willing to go beyond the 100th mark than stop at, like, 99.

Down there he was, the Wizard Saint of Fortitude, without aid of a drop of magic, clinging to life and to the pride he held dear to himself.

WC: 951
    TWC: 1368

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 25th November 2020, 5:22 pm

This would be quite the swap for the two men, as Vandrad had always treated Mura with respect that came with his authority. And it wasn’t as if that respect was going away -- but the Prince knew that his methods would require him to talk direct and plain to the guildmaster and sometimes those words weren’t exactly pleasant. But Vandrad honestly didn’t expect a lot of issue with Mura -- the man was the master of a guild that prospered and was known for his business and professional acumen. Reaching that rank was not easy nor was it easily pushed aside. There was also the fact that Mura was already strong in his magic; all the prince would have to do was focus on the body and then help the guildmaster better strengthen the bond between his abilities and his form.

But that was a long ways down the road. There were weeks and months apart from where Mura would be and where he was now. Luckily Vandrad was a man of patience when it came to training and he would take as much time as it was needed to get the results that Mura craved. He led his guildmaster into the training room, directing him to the center of the room and asking that he proceed to complete one hundred push ups. Not an easy task to start with and he knew physical trainers outside of the guild would have encouraged a build up. But Vandrad wanted to know what he was working with right away and the best way to do that was to see just how much physical strength Mura carried already. Kyuken, one of Mura’s spirits, spoke up and reminisced on how the sight brought back memories. The balled up ghost remarked about wanting to join but stopped himself short, as he understood that it was a test for Mura.

Despite himself, Vandrad smirked. "While I’m sure Mura would appreciate that, it is best he accomplishes this on his own. And it seems he possesses a decent amount of strength already,” the prince noticed, as he watched the guildmaster rifle through the push ups in quick speed. Kyuken pointed out that Mura was usually quicker than this but when the guildmaster reminded him that his speed came from his magic, the ghost observed that Mura had clearly relied on his magic quite heavily. "It is not uncommon, especially for people so far long in magical strength as you, guildmaster. Your magic is a part of you, an active pool of strength and power that we draw from to overcome differing tests of will. Sometimes we focus so hard on making that stronger that we forget that our physical forms require building as well.”

Vandrad walked over as Mura started to slow, his burst of adrenaline and excitement giving away to muscular fatigue. The prince picked up the tablet he’d plugged into the wall and pulled it free, pressing his finger against its screen as he read the information that ran across the screen. As Vandrad used the training room every single day, he had took it upon himself to get acclimated to the space and the technology, as well as installing his own created hardware. He’d programmed the system to constantly be absorbing details from the room, recording every person’s workout and presenting them with finer details to help them improve their technique or focus. He wasn’t sure if anyone knew about it but he still installed it anyways.

It was a hard trek to reach the hundred push but once Mura passed it, Vandrad nodded. "Good. Take a breath,” he remarked without looking up, analyzing the information presented in front of him. "I will give you this, guildmaster -- not once did you invoke any magical strength to aid you in your task. You’re in a very rare group that I’ve trained that resisted the urge to try and sneak one by me. As for your physical attributes, you’ll be surprised to know that they’re pretty common for someone of your age and size. I know most people hear common and think they aren’t special but more people are either under or over than right at the balance. And that works to our advantage -- it means we don’t need to put you on an incredible protein diet to bulk you up or cut out foods to make you lose some poundage. Now…”

Vandrad pressed his finger on the screen and the room shimmered before it took on a completely different look. Now they were in a sandstone valley, the steep walls of the ravine rising up above them for seemingly forever. The sun hung directly above them, beating down the warmth as authentically as it would outside the virtual reality. The prince walked over to a small slope close to Mura, where a boulder about the size of a desk lay. "Come over here and lie on your back, with your feet pressing against the boulder,” Vandrad instructed the guildmaster as he effortlessly rolled the boulder up the incline and held it so that Mura could get in place. He waited until the master was in place before he continued. "This boulder is one hundred pounds. We’ve checked your pecs, delts, triceps, abs, coras and serra muscles but now I want to check your leg muscles. Do as many reps as you can of pushing the boulder up, extending your legs completely and then tucking them back against your butt. When you start to wear out, I’ll stop the boulder from rolling down. Hope you’re ready.” And with that, he gently let the rock roll down against Mura’s feet, ready to be pushed by the guildmaster as many times as he could accomplish.

Words: 974/1780 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 1st December 2020, 1:34 pm

Yup, this was Mura’s little battle, something that he rarely faced - in the past, Mura had dealt with every obstacle in his way alongside Kyuken, and when Zirconis joined the equation so many years ago, it only helped in pushing him for new heights, but he always had their aid behind his back in one way or another. This physical training regime was a battle that he had to undergo on his own, with his own two hands, and frankly, the difference in that and a classic spell bout was clear. Mura didn’t know what Vandrad’s view on him was during all of this, so he hoped from the core of his heart that he wasn’t making an embarrassment out of himself… oh boy, that would hurt more than his muscles at the moment.

To hear that he already possessed a decent amount of strength was a carpet of relief to the shaman. At least, he wasn’t shockingly bad… y’know… but damn, he could feel that this would be one, long path through hell to get to his vision. A vision of his future self with a build that didn’t make anyone question his age. A build that Mythica would be heavily attracted to. A build that would make him flutter just by looking at himself in the mirror… stuff like that.

It was strange to hear it out loud, but Mura had been aware of his magic’s role in his life. As a part of him, though… he agreed with that, but wasn’t magic treated like a tool? An extended object or weapon for yourself? If it was treated that way by him, then wouldn’t that be detrimental to its true purpose of being… say, an extra arm or something? Usually, Mura felt that his magic had its source way deeper than just in his arm, though. Magic flourished in the core of his being, somewhere deeper than his soul…

There was no doubt that this kind of training would also affect his magic in some way. Mura usually treated his magic like a channel to project himself through - when he created new spells, he simply imagined himself passing through this channel and coming out as a new manifestation - that was how he cast his spells. He might’ve forgotten that his flesh and blood, too, was a channel for his magic to pass out through, and that a heightened quality in physical strength could make it thus a greater channel. Magic sure worked in funny et convenient ways.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he fell on his face once he heard the ‘good’ from Vandrad, his arms’ biceps contracting due to the stress they had been pushed through. It was slightly painful, but it was more the feeling that there was invisible boxes squeezing his arms into dust that tired him out. When Vandrad noted that he hadn’t invoked any magic power, Mura turned his face to rest on his cheek and glare at Vandrad in confusion… usually, people could accidently release magic in a pinch, right? Was that not a factor in his case?

Today, it might’ve worked for the better, but it sure said a lot about just how much conscious control Mura had over his magical prowess…

“*huff*… H-Heeh?” the shaman chuckled, “*huff*… Lucky me.” It made him smile, despite his exhaustion - this was pleasant in a way… not in a masochistic way, but it brought back memories. Mura had been the Guildmaster of Fairy Tail for a long time now, so he had mostly been the one to train and push people to their limits. He had to travel a long way back in time to find himself under the tutelage of a more experienced tutor.

And hey, the good thing about being in the average section was that he didn’t need to be put on some strict protein diet. Maybe he could keep nourishing from sashimi and yakitori… or maybe onigiri. Onigiri could be considered a protein-rich diet, right?

Mura had spotted how Vandrad was typing something on the desk… wait, when did they get that? That wasn’t the old lacrima desk that Mura had used for notes back in time, that was-

Okay, Vandrad sure had a thing or two to inform Mura - without any background info on the technology behind this, the room had suddenly changed atmosphere and look, so it appeared as if they were outside in a rocky sandstone valley. “S-Since when was the Dōjō able to do this?” he asked mildly.

“Is this Vandrad’s magic’s doing?”

“No, I don’t sense anything emitting from him.”

“So it must be a new thing with the table-… Since when were you able to sense magic?”

“Oh, uh… about, uh, a while ago, actually. What, you jealous? Jealous of my brand-new, out-of-nowhere ability? Yeah, I’m quite the talented poltergeist, aren’t I?”

“Why should I be jealous of a clown like you…?”

“Just who are you calling a clown, you brown-nosed gecko?”

Yeah, Mura decided to let them be for now and approached the slope where a desk-shaped boulder was waiting for him. Vandrad held it up on the slope and asked him to lay down and press his feet against the boulder, in which he did so. His feet were surprisingly average, for the size in his sandals often made the optical illusion that they were bigger.

“Roger that, I’m re- hnng-“ Mura was about to signal his preparation, but Vandrad let go of the boulder before he expected it, and now he was trying to hold it up with his legs while having forgotten for a second what Vandrad actually told him to do.

It came to mind now, so he slowly bend his legs and let the boulder slide down along with his feet, then reached a point where his legs were bent and the boulder was almost resting on his butt. He then pushed the boulder up the slope, which was waaaaaaaay harder than the latter action, and he wasn’t just sweating profusely from that… but it was a rock. One of Mura’s favorite elements to bend to his will was earth.

He really had to bite his lips in order to prevent from accidently sliding in some Onmyōdō here and there.

“Listen, at the end of the day, Zirconis - and by the way, I’m just notifying you - I’m not actually a 600-year old virgi- how you doing, Mura? How many you up to?”

“S-Seven… eeiiight… ni-nine… m-my legs are burning-”

“… I-I’ll just wait over here, then.”

“You shouldn’t be so rude to interrupt his training, Kyuken.”

“I-I’m sorry, okay?! Me and Mura have a strong bond, we’ve basically lived together for his entire life! I don’t expect you to understand that I feel fidgety not being around him; you barely have 7 years of experience alongside him, anyway-“

“Oh ha ha, a difference of 2 YEARS! Are you a child?!”

WC: 1157
    TWC: 2525

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 6th December 2020, 7:19 pm

Vandrad actually paused briefly, glancing over at Mura as he admired the new scenic design of the room. Apparently it had surprised him to find that it could change locations and that was… well, surprising. "One of the first tasks you had for me when I joined Fairy Tail was to test out this training room once it had been installed. I left you a thorough analysis of its abilities.” In truth, he hadn’t done that much customizing of the room since he’d begun his technical apprenticeship. Beyond creating a tablet that anyone could use while they walked around, he had only made a few software patches. Other than that, the room had come preinstalled with the ability to create entirely different spaces, different temperatures and gravity. Apparently the guildmaster hadn’t taken the time to explore that thoroughly.

He would with the prince, there was little doubt about that. Vandrad had a slew of training places set up in the system that he would be utilizing to help the guildmaster get into tip-top shape. "It’s no matter, Mura. You’ll know the ins and outs of this room and it’s abilities by the end of your training with me. That I can guarantee.” With that said, Vandrad set the boulder up and explained what he was looking for from the guildmaster. Once Mura had laid down and given even the slightest bit of indicating that he was ready, the prince released the boulder, putting all of its weight down upon the smaller man.

To Mura’s credit, he managed to keep the rock from rolling over him but the strain was evident in his voice. After several moments of holding the boulder in place, slowly he began to let his legs slide down towards his butt and then, once he was in a full bend, he started pushing the rock back up the slope. It was a slow and tedious task and whilst the guildmaster handled it better than most would have, it was clear that his work on his legs was far underscored against the rest. After only a few lifts, Mura looked like he was about to blow a gasket and rather than stress the man too much, Vandrad took hold of the boulder and pulled it back up to its top resting place.

"We’ll need to do a focus on your legs. Chances are we’ll be doing leg building every other day, while the rest we’ll coordinate for individual or dual days. Most people focus on their chest, arms and back and forget about their legs. If I’m being honest, guildmaster, it’s entirely possible that by being stronger on your upper body, it has greatly stunted your growth. We might be able to amend some of that but not a huge amount. What matters most is by the end of this, you’ll be more in sync with your body, mind and magic than ever before. And, speaking of…”

Vandrad hit a few more buttons on his tablet and the scene changed once more. They now stood on the precipice of a grassy cliff, with a surging, stormy ocean splayed out before them. The clouds above were gray and black and thunder rumbled through the veil, splitting the silence that had been there only a moment ago. A bolt of lightning came streaking down and pierced the ocean, causing a form of massive size to erupt from the depths. An elemental creature, made up of water, lightning and wind, roared as it breached through the surface. Its unseen eyes fell upon the pair of wizards and it began to wade through the ocean towards them, its gigantic size easily dwarfing the two Fairy Tail wizards.

Vandrad turned to Mura. "This is one of my harder training protocols. Which probably means it will be child’s play for you. You can use whatever you want against it, just make sure it’s destroyed.” Simple explanation finished, Vandrad tucked the tablet under his arm and crossed his limbs to watch, interested to see Mura using his full capabilities.

Words: 686/2466 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 9th December 2020, 2:47 pm

Maybe it would’ve been more bearable if he had some motivating music running through his ears… but he left his headphones at his office. Damn it. Guess there was no other way other than the hard way through this excruciating exercise… but he was sure that results would show overtime. He wasn’t doing any of this for naught - he knew how training actually worked. However, it was quite a shock to notice how big a strain that his legs had been given by the huge boulder. His breath had grown dry from the core of his throat, and he was running out of steam in a steady pace.

Just before he couldn’t see his legs continuing anymore, to which they would’ve stopped flat by resting the boulder on his butt, Vandrad had grabbed said boulder and lifted it off of the support of his feet. His legs embraced the freedom and ached a little, demanding a few moments from Mura to recover from that. Vandrad had noticed that his legs hadn’t followed up that much with the rest of his body, so he had to focus on them to let them catch up. At first, it sounded fine and all, nothing too extraordinary - he just needed to never skip leg day again - but…

“… W-Wha, what?” The word of his growth being stunted made him assume that Vandrad meant his height, which shot through his head like a bullet. His eyes lost life for a moment, but if he began focusing on his legs as Vandrad noted earlier, then he could be able to grow, perhaps, a few inches taller? Please? Mura would love some extra height, for God knew how many people had assumed him to be a younger age - it had honestly gotten to him at this point.

While he speculated over this, Vandrad had typed something on the tablet. Mura suddenly felt his back being supported by a surface of soft grass with a strong breeze travelling by him, originating from the storms raging across the ocean that he could hear. He quickly rose up to the new scenery that he found himself in, simulated by the Dōjō; a huge thundercloud roamed above the sea, and Mura quickly realized that they were standing right at the edge of a cliff ranging high up above the water’s surface.

“W-Woah… I never had a clue that the Dōjō could transform like this,” he expressed himself to the other Gold Member. He must’ve been busy as hell to miss out on a training schedule under these circumstances - just how many sceneries could the system simulate? He had to try this out more! Did the other guildmates know of this? He should’ve invited them!

His focus was taken by the large, elemental creature that spawned from the ocean, donning a humongous body of water, wind and electric bolts. As it was approaching them, Vandrad revealed it to be one of his quote ‘harder training protocols’, which just bugged Mura out; how was the room able to simulate such a huge monster? Just where was this place’s limits?!

Oh well, he was meant to take it out - no holds barred, all out. Mura didn’t assume that Vandrad would want him to take the monstrous creature down without using magic - that just seemed like such a hassle, almost redundant…

Sizing it up with a few glances, Mura then equipped his white, short ninjaken Harusame in his right hand. His left hand equipped the red stone dagger, his priced antiquity, but before he could channel magic through them, Kyuken flew up to him. “Hey, hey, Mura! Remember that spell you wanted to test out against Johann?” the samurai ghost reminded him with enthusiasm bubbling through his voice, “Let’s give it a go now! I think you’ve gotten used to it, now…!”

“… W-Wouldn’t that be too much?” Mura softly asked back to the ghost, lowering his head in displeasure, “I mean…”

He went silent for a moment as it was something to think about. That spell… he had been spending months to use it to its full potential, but he didn’t know how long it lasted. He also didn’t know just how destructive it was when used against an active, living enemy. It would be the perfect time to test that out, but he liked having surprises up his sleeve for his guildmates; Mura rarely showed everything he got, which he rarely ever even thought about. Was it selfish of him? Or was he just being too cautious of his techniques? At the very least, he would show them when he had reached a level of magical prowess that astonished them - y’know, make them proud of him and all, that was his original plan. But he was training right now, and Vandrad was a reasonable man.

He exhaled a moment later and crossed his arms, holding tightly onto his two swords. That was when a dark-purple mana escaped his skin like leaking goo, soon dancing around him like a soft, gooey fire. Its surface had strange, outlandish architecture imprinted on, but it didn’t last for too long before its gooey bubbles of Dark Magic began popping in slow fashion, leaking sudden bursts of golden fires. It looked like his entire body was incinerated for a moment before the fires settled, brightening up to a completely white blaze with dark-grey tones underneath the veils of burning magic. Mura’s eyes were hidden - reduced to two, red orbs behind this veil of magic that burned up in the air, pushing away the wind and causing the flora underneath their feet to blossom. It felt like Holy Magic, Dark Magic, Spirit Magic and Nature Magic, all mixed and thrown into a fire as fuel. Even the waters from the sea further away below them from the precipice began to be pushed back softly.

The giant elemental would likely brake its advance for a moment to this change in the atmosphere. This was Mura’s inner pools of magic being mixed together and lit aflame, burning brightly and pushing him to whole new heights - a flame… reminiscing of the title for his late team of Fairy Tail Wizards from days old. While it held little relevance to the actual entity behind the name, he would still name it that in honor of his fallen siblings.

Sorano, Hana, Julius, Gamon… something inside of him hoped that they were out there somewhere, watching… a Flame of the Phoenix.

His breath suddenly escaped his lungs sharply through his gritting teeth, creating a lined fog out of his mouth as the magic began to be sucked into his skin in rapid haste. Once, when all the magic had gathered inside of him - only leaving steams evaporating from his contour, his eyes being the only mirrors into this source of burning magic - he raised both swords up and prepared to strike in an X-formed move.

Okunoin!, the Inner Sanctum, gathered all of his magic and focused it all inside of his body, not letting it leak out into the air. His move was intensified by what felt like a hundredfold if not more - the shockwave from his X-cut scattered the ocean in front of them, blew away some of the clouds nearby, and aimed to cut the giant elemental in four pieces only to be pushed away by the scorching aura that followed afterwards.

If he didn’t know any better, this was Mura at his best… his strongest level of combat.

WC: 1260
    TWC: 3785

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 27th December 2020, 7:23 pm

There was no denying that Vandra’ds magical potential had grown since his joining of Fairy Tail. During their first meeting, the plateau that Mura had stood upon in terms of power had far exceeded that of the prince, leaving him hungry with a desire to surpass his guild master. While there was no telling whether that task had been achieved or not, it was evident that the gap had lessened to the point that Vandrad couldn’t tell if there was much of a difference. But that didn’t take away from the fact that Mura was, in fact, quite strong and worthy of being respected and feared depending on one’s point of view. There was room to grow there though, and not just in terms of magic.

Poor Mura looked utterly devastated at the fact that his growth might have been stunted by his lack of leg training. His eyes seemed to glaze over in almost a cartoonish takeaway as he listened to Vandrad explain the possibility of getting some height. With any luck, he would be able to reward his guild master with that but there wasn’t much he could do in terms of predicting that. It would be completely based on how hard Mura worked and how well his genetics took to the new program. As Vandrad shifted the room once more, Mura wondered in amazement at how the entire room could transform. "It is capable of generating a fully realized plane of existence within the training room, crafting anything that has been programmed inside. It came with a limited amount of options but I have been training in software programming as of late. I managed to rectify the list with some additions, along with some additional scenarios. We may have voided the warranty but that’s hardly a concern at this point.” Vandrad couldn’t help but wonder if others had discovered just how transformative the training room could be. He’d made it fairly well known to Magnus, Mercury and now Mura about its capabilities, along with a pamphlet that he crafted next to the panel. Maybe people didn’t take training as seriously as he did.

The Storm Elemental phase was a tenuous trial but one that Vandrad had no doubt that Mura could handle. It had hardly become a challenge for the prince recently, given how many times he had run it and how strong he had gotten. But it was a good measuring stick of the magical prowess the guild master possessed. He simply asked that Mura destroy the creature through any means necessary, giving him full accessibility to his magic and strength. Mura brought forth two blades, one a dagger and one a ninjaken. Kyuken spoke up then, taking ominously about some spell that Mura had prepared for someone called “Johann.” It was a name that Vandrad was mildly aware of, having seen it in brief glances through the Sorcerer Magazine. Apparently he was some kind of Wizard Saint like Serilda and Mythal and also the guild master of Dies Irae. Anyways, Mura wondered if the spell was too strong for what was being presented there and wondered about it for a few moments.

Deciding to face the challenge fully, Mura began to power up. His magical pressure increased, energy seeping out of his body as he conjured the fortitude to channel his spell. Vandrad watched silently, his eyes fixated on his guildmaster as the magic continued to grow in him. It was rising to surprising levels, though the shock of it never truly took to the prince’s face. He simply remained at the man’s side as he waited for the culmination. Out at the sea, the elemental had come to a braking stop, its unseen gaze taking in the pressure that was now pressing down upon it. It had very little time to think about turning back and retreating before Mura brought his swords up and then slashed, releasing a blisteringly powerful blast of magic. The entirety of the world seemed to be pressed away from Mura, ripped and thrown back from the emergence of the spell. The elemental’s body was diced into segments, it’s dying form collapsing into the sea. Vandrad’s gaze lifted to watch the creature disappear beneath the waves of the tumultuous ocean, the monstrosity torn asunder in one devastating blow.

He waited until the area around them settled down before he nodded. "Good,” he said simply, bringing up his datapad and looking over the readout. "That elemental had little chance against you. Even if you had released that spell at half strength, you would have obliterated it. Impressive,” the prince mused as he made a few notes. Then with a swipe of his hand, the world around them bubbled and returned to the training room that they had started in. "One last test before we call it a night,” Vandrad said as he pointed to the corner. "Start there and then run the border of the room. On your first lap, run your hardest so I have an idea of your speed. Then slow yourself to a steady pace and run as many laps as you can. I need an idea of your endurance and lung capacity. Whenever you’re ready.”

Words: 883/3349 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 13th January 2021, 12:00 pm

Hmh…

Mura caught his breath quickly. That spell of his always sent such a thrill through his skin and bones, and even several seconds after he had cancelled the spell and allowed his magical prowess to flow naturally, he still felt a little windy all around him. The elemental monstrosity was more than vanquished, clearing the way for a sudden calm to engulf the precipice as the waves hitting its foundation grew softer. There was such a low pressure around the area from his spell that it made his head feel airy…

A little detached from the surface, he felt… he even floated a little.

“… O-Oh, uh, hehe, glad to hear that from you,“ he quickly responded to Vandrad who pulled him back to reality with his words of approval. Mura landed on the ground again, his sandals grabbing the surface firmly as always, while he grinned confidently. He was ready to keep on all day with this much confidence bubbling in his heart, buuuuut the day was starting to come to an end, and Vandrad had one last test to go through before today was over.

It concluded the beginning of his training, in a way… yes, one test left, but now Mura had an idea of the training that he needed. That relieved him.

While the room transformed back into the open hall from the beginning, Kyuken flew around with a smug look on his face as most of the time. “Did you see that display of magic and skill, Zirconis? Huuuuuuuh? Quite otherworldly, I’d say! Even with our differences and the likes, when Mura and I stand together, we can tear even the gods asunder-“

“Yeah, yeah, mighty nice of you, candyfloss,” Zirconis replied rather passively, “If not for the determining fact that I and Mura can’t fuse 100% like you means that I’m letting you bask in the glory of what is essentially Mura’s own achievements… just you wait; once we go 100% one day, we’ll blow anything you’ve ever done out of the water-“

“O-Oh, as if! You may be a huge dragon, but there aren’t no Human Slayer Magic around, is there, huh?!”

“… Are you trying to tell me something?”

The aura between them quickly grew hostile, but at the moment, Mura paid them no mind. Spirits needed their individuality to flourish, and what was the worst thing that they could do - besides possessing him and fornicating with strangers…

A simple test was running the border of the room, and as soon as Vandrad gave him green light to start whenever, he dashed off. He had caught his breath a while ago, so he could push himself to go at quite a speed… that must’ve been, at most, a hundred meters in a second, but already after 5 seconds did he begin to slow down a little. It didn’t look like slowing down from a newbie’s perspective, but Vandrad would be able to spot it… he had shown his fastest, so it was time to show his toughest.

He kept up the pace, and time flew by like the wind on his face. Since his endurance and lung capacity was being tested, no magic was used, but to be honest, he almost felt like slipping in-

No! Vandrad wouldn’t want that! You would ruin his attempt to help you, Mura! So bite it!

… Now, just focus and do your best. Think of something, maybe; getting your mind occupied while running could work wonders. Maybe Mythica was home tonight? She often found herself on business for days on end with only a few brief visits this year… it was like she was too busy for him. Painful as it was, for he kept making time and time for the two of them to hang out, but she was also enigmatic and unpredictable. He never knew when she would show up, but she just would… what a mysterious lady he’d gotten married with.

… Oh yeah, that too. They would have to pick a date; maybe next month… unless if something huge got them too busy with other labours. A blessed wedding should take place under peaceful times, y’know.

Mura had forgotten how time worked and began feeling his lungs collapsing at a slow rate. “H-How long has it…?”

WC: 720
    TWC: 4505

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 22nd January 2021, 4:43 pm

It was clear that Mura didn’t release the extreme levels of magic he had stored up inside all that often, which was hardly a surprise. Being the master of a guild probably didn’t provide him a lot of exposure to threats and danger. Still, it was evident that he had been working on improving himself and there was no denying the magic spell had been a force to be reckoned with. As Mura came down from it, he took the compliment easily and without issue, opting not to deflect or play it down, as others might have done. Vandrad removed the illusion and brought them back to the basic setup of the training room before he brought forth the final trial. He’d seen a testament of Mura’s individual sets of strength; core, arms and magic. But now he needed to see how his leg work and his stamina held up. The first lap was to be used so that Mura could sprint as hard and as fast as he could. After that, he was to run laps until he couldn’t physically accomplish it any longer.

Mura set himself up and then burst forward, rounding the room in an impressive rate of time. Vandrad watched idly, picking up the exact moment that the guildmaster slowed himself down and ran at a comfortable pace for himself. He would stand there for the entire time, watching quietly as Mura rounded the room over and over again. Whatever the guildmaster had chosen to focus on so that he didn’t think about his burning lungs managed to hold out for quite some time. Eventually he started to slow, asking how long it had been. "Long enough,” the prince said as he gave his guildmaster a nod, letting him know he could stop.

"Overall, you’re in good condition. Moderate by healthy standards, right around where most people would be normally. But you can be better and you will get better. I will push you until your body is ready to give out but you’ll thank me once you’ve developed a strength you’ve probably only dreamed about,” Vandrad took down several notes and handed them to Mura on a piece of paper. "For the first two weeks this will be your diet. Chicken and vegetables, six times a day. No major meals, only these portions. You’ll also be taking these supplements and protein shakes between meals, before and after workouts. They’ll help your body heal faster and put on muscle quicker,” Vandrad explained to Mura, pointing out each item as he talked about it. "This is going to a long arduous journey and there will be times that you want to quit. But I’m not going to let you. I’ve not let anyone just give up and so far, I have a spotless record. You will not besmirch it. So I hope you’re prepared, guild master… this is going to be a long road.”

It had been some time since Mura’s training had begun, at least a few months to say the least. Christmas had come and gone and now the first of the new year had rolled in, marking the middle half of the wintry season. In that amount of time, Vandrad had assimilated the guildmaster into the morning trainings that involved Mercury, often pairing the two together to spar and workout before partaking in his own set of training. It had been almost three months to the day since they'd begun the program and it was evident that it had paid off for the guild master.

"I’m impressed, Mura,” Vandrad said as he grabbed the datapad and pressed a few buttons on it. "I’ve seen people break under the training methods I’ve put them through but you soldiered on. I hope you’re pleased with the results,” he said, gesturing to Mura’s physical form.

As the room shifted, Vandrad pulled his tank top off, leaving himself in bare chested. He rolled his neck and arms as the training room morphed into that of a flat plains, green grass stretching out as far as the eye could see. "We’ve sparred a few times but now it’s time to test out just how much stronger you’ve become. Just you and me, one on one. I won’t insult you by starting off at a lower tier either -- I’ll go right to my maximum power.” Vandrad focused for a moment before a swirl of blue wrapped itself around him, engulfing him in the hue. As the aura settled down, Vandrad’s hair had changed to a lighter teal color, his eyes matching the follicles. He got himself into a fighting stance, an excited smirk on his face. "Whenever you’re ready, guildmaster.”

Words: 780/4129 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 30th January 2021, 3:28 am

Ah, at last. Mura was panting, so hearing that he had un long enough was thrilling. He braked in his lap and clapped his knees as he bent down for a second, catching his breath before stretching his back. He knew very little of the overall quality of his run - he rarely gave much attention to his movements, as shocking as that must’ve sounded. He moved just what was necessary of him, like in his battles. He rarely miscalculated, too.

It was awesome to hear that he was in relatively good condition. The next few months would be harsh, but Vandrad made it clear that he wouldn’t slack off until Mura had a physical strength that he had only dreamt about before. Stars glistered in his honey-gold eyes, impatient but enduring to reach that form. Vandrad then handed him some notes, to which Mura expressed his surprise that his diet consisted of chicken and veggies six times a day. He only ate, like, four times a day on average, but his diet would consist solely of this dish as well as secondary supplements and what he called ‘protein shakes’. Whatever the hell a protein shake was - was it like a mana vial or something - it was stated to heal his body faster and boost muscle growth, so he might as well implement it into his daily cost.

The list and demands were long… gaining muscle was no joke. The road he had to take to reach that state was going to be hellish, weary and leave him sore for weeks… thankfully, he wasn’t alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sore (As Fuck) Limbs [Private | Vandrad] FhilhVU

It had been a few months now. It was snowy outside, but the inside was isolated and provided warmth for the guild members. Oh yeah, speaking of members…

It was news to him that Mercury was one of Silver Wolf’s Aces. He didn’t remember any issues in the Sorc. Mag., but he should take some time to visit Leona again. They hadn’t talked since the last Fairy Festival… damn.

Also, to think that this feisty Mercury was so close to Vandrad was shocking too. Mura minded it very little and even blessed their relationship… despite it looking a bit one-sided.

But enough about that; look at him! Mura bent his fingers, feeling pure strength and vitality rush through them. They weren’t sore or cracky, and they didn’t freeze. Not to mention, he could actually press out an impressive bicep! His belly was reinforced with a proper sixpack, too! He could feel it even through his tank top! In all the right places, he looked like a freaking model…

And holy shit, his sharp beard! He really did inherit his grandfather’s goatee! Never in a million years did he believe that he could pull off such a stylish beard, but look at him now! Damn!

It all happened so discreetly, too… he barely noticed the changes until now. Vandrad, too, was impressed with the results, and Mura threw a big thumbs-up to his coach in response. “Damn yes, I am! I look a lot more like an adult…!” he expressed.

The room changed again, this time into a flat, grassy plane stretching out to infinity. It seemed that Vandrad wanted to test his strength himself, to which Mura smirked. “Fine by me. Zirconis!” he called to his draconian ghost pal, whose compatibility with Mura’s body was a catalyst for his entire training scheme, “Let’s see how synced we can be now…!”

Vandrad’s aura rocketed in front of him, bluish mana eating him up like a wildfire. That was his magic, huh… what he called ‘Energy Monarch’. It was visually pleasing, in all honesty - even his hair turned bright-blue, but it looked nothing like just aura, but like an actual change in hair color - and it was a devastating weight to carry all that mana. Vandrad didn’t play around.

The dragon waited no longer and flew straight into Mura’s chest, fusing their spirits together and causing green scales to grow out of his skin. His jaw also grew in size along with his canines, and his brows grew bulkier and sharper. He got many traits of the dragon expressed on his face and body, but… he felt much less strain. As a matter of fact, he felt like he could draw a little more power from Zirconis, resulting in a green burst of mana to rival that of Vandrad’s. A pair of sharp, straight, dark-green horns emerged from his skull for a change, and huge wings clawed out from his back. He was channeling much more of Zirconis now… while his previous sync could’ve been at around 15%, this had to be at around 45%. It was a huge change.

“I’m ready-“ Mura expressed, but the moment he did so, he felt an irresistible rush charge through his back that launched him forward. It must’ve been Zirconis… yes, the more synced he was, the more influential his spirits became to his own psyche. Right now, his face contorted into that of what looked like a maneater, a monster, and a bellowing roar echoed from his track as he charged straight towards Vandrad with a hammer arm and appeared to hold nothing back… as if… as if he tried to decapitate his coach with his own arm.

WC: 885
    TWC: 5390

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 27th February 2021, 8:12 pm

There was something to be said about reaching the result that one had been aiming for and frankly, Vandrad could tell that Mura was pleased. There were significant differences in his physique now; changes that gave him a more adult demeanor than he had before. Though that hadn’t ever bothered the prince; magic power was not defined with one’s age or looks and there was no denying that despite his shorter stature and more youthful looks, Mura commanded a great deal of respect and strength. If he’d look like a teenager and been just as powerful, it would not have changed Vandrad’s opinion either -- he was a man who simply respected strength and the will to better one’s self. Age and physical features rarely had any kind of impact on that. Afterall, he’d been ridiculed by plenty about his own height in spite of his age or the way his hair presented itself. As far as the prince was concerned though, jests and jibes mattered little when the one hurling them was bruised and beaten.

But the exercising and the program hadn’t been for Vandrad’s sake or his own perspectives, they had been for Mura. And as long as the guildmaster felt good about how his body had grown and developed, then he considered his mission accomplished. Of course, Mura couldn’t exactly stop exercising now; to maintain his physique, he would still need to hit the training room. But he’d reached his peak and that meant he could slow his rate, settle into something more casual and capable of toning rather than building. It had been a good couple of months but they had finally made it to a plateau where Mura felt good.

That meant it was time to put him to the test. Vandrad had gotten the chance to exchange blows with Mura before but they had simply been light spars; meant to train the body to utilize its new bulk and strength appropriately. It allowed him the chance to show the guildmaster how to manage the new weight and height and how building muscle didn’t have to mean slowing down, so long as he kept his body fresh and healthy. Now that the lessons were out of the way, it was finally time to see what Mura was capable of without instruction. He shifted the room to a grassy knoll, with rolling fields of emerald spanning out beyond them. They stood upon a flat plateau, the perfect setting for two fighters to go at one another. And then rather than building up to it, Vandrad ascended to his highest form of Empowerment; the blue tier that carried the most magical strength he possessed. Once there, he set himself into a fighting stance, waiting for his guildmaster’s first move.

He watched quietly as Mura called out to Zirconis, the spiritual dragon that was always at the man’s side. The spirit merged with the Fairy Tail guild master and the instant the ghost was gone, Mura’s body took on another notable change. Green scales erupted over his flesh, not unlike those that would appear on a dragon. His jaw grew in size, his teeth sharpening and rising into full fangs as his entire face seemed to widen as well. A dispersal of magic erupted from Mura as he continued to grow in magical strength, an aura draping itself about him as horns erupted from the flesh of his brow and stood proudly upwards. Now half-dragon, half-man, Mura simply stated that he was ready before he was suddenly and swiftly charging.

The Fairy Tail guildmaster’s entire face seemed to morph into that of a beast as it roared, his arm coming out as he aimed to clothesline Vandrad. A suitable first attack, meant to knock the opponent off their feet and take the wind out of their fighting sails before they even got going. It was a method of attack Vandrad knew well, had even taught others to do. But rather than take the normal means of avoiding or countering such a technique, the prince instead held his ground and brought up his arms in front of him to block. Magic power surged into all four limbs as Mura made contact, causing Vandrad to slide backward. The ground was ripped up from the prince’s heels, carving deep, dirt-filled trenches as they carried on. Soon enough though, they came to a stop, with Vandrad still managing to stay on his feet.

"Impressive,” he praised his guild master, his gaze twisting enough to look into Mura’s eyes. "But how durable does this form make you?” It was the only warning Mura would get before Vandrad’s leg would lash out in a front kick aimed for the guild master’s stomach. He followed it up by dashing forward with a flying punch for Mura’s head, then another for the solar plexus. In fact, he unleashed a series of punches at Mura at rapid speed, each one seemingly faster than the last. Then as his arm sent out one last punch meant for the chest, Vandrad’s form splintered apart as he teleported from where he stood to directly behind Mura. He spun and attempted to slam a palm strike into the middle of his back, a place near impossible to reach without assistance. If the strike hit true, it would leave a burning brand on the guild master’s skin, the searing mark causing a minor amount of pain but nothing that couldn’t be managed in the grand scheme of things.

What would provide a more intense pain would be the sudden release of magical blasts at point blank range, Vandrad’s hand opening up to release the shower of magical orbs that would rush in at Mura and explode. He allowed the intensity of the rapid fire attack to drive him into the air, giving himself space between the transformed guild master and himself while also attempting to cause as much damage as possible.

Words: 988/5117 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 16th April 2021, 4:05 am

Despite his sudden approach, Vandrad didn’t evade his attack but rose up his arms and took his arm’s blow head on. Once impact was made, the two were charging ahead and Vandrad was surely pushed, but he held his ground in tenacity despite the shaman’s attempts to put as much pressure into his thrash as possible. His arm didn’t leave the spot where he hit his coach’s arms, even when they braked. A long trail of shattered grass and earth was left behind him along with a few clouds of dust rising…

In his state, though, he barely made out Vandrad’s remark. The next thing he registered was a sudden foot planted into his belly at mach speed, sending him back off from the energy brawler. A heavy grunt escaped the shaman’s mouth, surprised at just how heavy that swift kick was. Even more so, given that Vandrad unleashed a series of strikes without a second’s hesitation; he held his own ground and started blocking his strikes with his own arms, knees and even legs, but they all felt the full weight of Vandrad’s ridiculous strength and ached at every impact.

T-Tch! What’s with this assault, my limbs feel like breaking down already…!

You always fuse with me when fighting utter monsters, so get used to it!

He had to get used to the punishment sent his way, for he had to know just how far his body could go. Vandrad’s attacks only increased in speed, which worried Mura enough to go for a counterattack. He would have to intercept the next punch with a punch of his own to throw Vandrad off guard, and just as he went on to do so…

Vandrad’s entire body flickered away. It was some kind of… illusion?

No! That meant-

Mura immediately felt the result of his distraction on his back as a searing pain travelled through. Vandrad must’ve teleported away and left him open to illicit that blow, so Mura leapt forward to make space between them both. He couldn’t be left open like that again, but he had another issue heading straight at him in form of magic orbs released from his coach’s hand. They were numerous and kept charging at him despite the distance…

And they did make contact. Spheres upon spheres of Ethernano expanding from the impacts rose in the field from Vandrad’s view, and it looked like the explosions kept coming closer and closer to him. If looked at carefully, one could see Mura with his arms raised in a defensive position as he charged through them. Dark-green scales trickled off of him as a result, absorbing some of the blows so that he could keep on approaching his opponent.

“WWWWRUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”

A loud, deafening roar escaped his lungs, followed up by a ray of green energy. Mura was unleashing a lot of Zirconis’ emerald-like magic through his roar, covering the rippled land around him in a smooth layer of jade and sending off hurricanes of shards and rapturing magic into the air, aimed straight for where Vandrad was flying. The launch of magic was wide enough to coat villages in emerald glass, burning into one’s psyche and spirit with no mercy…

WC: 533
    TWC: 5923

Themes:
    Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 1st September 2022, 7:07 pm

Vandrad didn’t need to wait long to see if Mura was opting to avoid the rain of magic blasts. The first couple of impacts told him enough; the guildmaster of Fairy Tail had dug in and put up some means of defense. But of course, that didn’t mean the prince needed to lessen the rampant stream of destructive energy. He kept funneling magic out from his palms, globes of explosive ethernano rushing out and then detonating against or near the form of Mura. But it wasn’t just that the guildmaster was standing in one spot -- no, it seemed that the explosions were getting closer. Vandrad’s gaze narrowed as he realized that Mura was in a full sprint charge; his arms up defensively and closing the distance between them quickly. Vandrad cut off his barrage in an attempt to lay out Mura with a targeted punch but Mura didn’t close the distance that much. He just got close enough to unleash his next, surprising attack.

A magically-infused roar bellowed out from the guildmaster’s mouth and from the deafening sound came an explosive wave of energy. Vandrad barely had a moment to fuel magic into his arms and body as he crossed his limbs over himself. The shockwave was hard enough but the eruption of magic had literally glassed the countryside and now sharp, slicing fractals swirled around and at him. Barrier or not, the jagged segments cut through his flesh, drawing long lines of blood over his arms and across his face. His own magic went to work healing the injuries as quickly as possible but transferring power between his defensive shield and his healing put a strain that could not compensate fully for the brunt of the attack. Vandrad was knocked back several yards, the barrage pushing him back in the air.

Finally, he decided to stop the healing and refocused his magic. Throwing out his arms, he erected a bubble of magical energy, giving him several precious seconds of breathing room as the barrier withstood the assault. His body twisted in the air, tucking his hands behind his back for a quick moment as magic energy sparked to life in the space between his palms. He swiftly compressed it and then, just as his shield broke, thrust his arms out towards Mura. The magical beam that erupted from him seemed to emerge from his entire body, the wave of power easily dwarfing the prince and the guildmaster by at least three times. It was aimed to vaporize the flying emerald shards, as well as put Mura back on the defensive.

Yet that wasn’t enough for Vandrad. As soon as he’d released the full brunt of the wave, his body split apart and he quickly teleported behind Mura. Hoping to catch him off guard, Vandrad’s fist rushed forward, aiming to lay a hard punch into the guildmaster’s back. But it wasn’t a normal punch; magic energy, left over from the still approaching attack, had coated his hand and a second after unleashing the punch, he released another magical wave. This one was far smaller than the other but carried its own measure of destructive force. And if things went as planned, it would trap Mura between two devastating magical attacks.

Words: 540/5657 | Tag: @Mura Kensho | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 18th December 2022, 8:50 am

From the looks of it, Vandrad had been directly hit by the deafening roar, and yet he had stood his ground in a similar manner to Mura’s own act of defense earlier. Despite the land taking severe damage from the spell earlier, Vandrad was already on the move with a magical blast of his own, and Mura had only but a sliver of an opening to up his own guard after roaring so loudly.

At least he actually took damage now…
    Are you actually trying to kill him?!
    Please, this wouldn’t be enough to do him in. You’re too paranoid!

A blitz illuminating his retinas made sure to remind Mura of the blast of Ethernano heading his way. His arms were still sore from the barrage earlier, and while dodging out of the way could be viable, he wouldn’t be fast enough… but he was fast enough to flap a fleshy, leathery wing over his own back and up to the front to use as a shield. It looked quite grotesque, as if a dragon’s wing forced to build itself from Mura’s very humanoid body and tissue. Reinforced with Zirconis’ Emerald magic, Mura had to take the blunt of the blast up front, immediately groaning at what felt like placing your entire palm right on a glowing stove.

But he somehow persevered… to his own detriment. Dodging really was the better idea, for Vandrad hadn’t waited for his own spell to subside. Instead, while the shaman still awaited the big spell to die out, Vandrad had reappeared behind him! He likely teleported while Mura was busy with the first attack, and while the dragon-fused mage tried to grow out a second wing to counter with, Vandrad’s punch had already made contact with his back. That was when both blasts appeared to merge together with poor Mura in the middle of the destructive energies.

In the midst of it all… Mura was still able to grow something else out of his body. It looked like large boulders of emerald were protruding from his skin, accompanied by the sound of burning, sizzling tissue, while Vandrad’s blasts clashed together. And from the aftermath of the two blasts were plenty of floating debris and smoke… but also a large cluster of gemstone, all green in color with a humanoid figure embedded within them.

Mura had to force his way out of the gem grave that he had carved out for himself. Still, his skin was reddened and bruised to the point where blood trickled down his face, chest and arms. And by the view of green smoke escaping his skin, this was the end of Zirconis’ round. Mura’s body couldn’t continue using the dragon’s power like this. “… Forgive me, I…” Zirconis mumbled bashfully, “I overdid it.”

“… Usually… we couldn’t sustain our fusion after one or two spells, or even after one hit. Don’t be sorry…”

Regardless, Mura’s body too possessed an ability to repair wounds – this time, the magical aura that escaped his skin was a purplish vapor. It closed off his wounds and stanched his bleeding, and flexing his muscles no longer pained him… which meant that he could still continue the spar.

“Mura! I’m on my way, just give me a second!” Kyuken roared as what appeared to be a possessed sword came floating towards the shaman, “I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Your body looks a lot more like mine from days past, old friend!” Kyuken, who relied on his physical strength alone back when he was alive, could likely benefit more from Mura’s training results than Zirconis… swinging a katana, after all, required complete mastery over one’s body.

Kyuken would emerge from the floating, sheathed katana and throw it towards Mura before flying over to his side himself. Once the shaman had grabbed the sheath, Kyuken flew right into Mura’s chest and began merging. The changes in Mura’s body were so minor – other than the silver coloring of his irises, his body didn’t undergo any noticeable transformation like earlier.

Instead, his entire fighting style had changed. Wielding a katana was as natural to Mura as breathing, after all, and Vandrad would immediately be able to tell from the atmosphere alone. There was no stress, no straining of one’s resources, no chaotic struggle, no pain or frustration… instead, there was a regenerated swordsman moving his katana in a circle in front of himself. One, single circulation, and with the last end of the travelling, the blade accelerated at an unreal pace, pushing away the air and… shattering the entire precipice further ahead.

The swing of his blade in that circular trajectory had transformed into a spiraling blast of air that shot straight towards Vandrad – what Mura didn’t anticipate was that it was several times larger and faster than he had ever accomplished. Large enough to engulf the cape that they were standing on, and strong enough to push back the waves of the ocean further away. And what was more impressive was the minimal use of mana – all that Mura had done was fuse Kyuken’s soul with his own. The attack itself… was fully physical.

WC: 859
    TWC: 6782

Themes:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 5:33 pm