Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Impossible Heist

Temperance
    Temperance

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 103,687

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Tarot of the Morei
    Second Magic: Arcana Armaments
    Third Magic:

Impossible Heist Empty Impossible Heist

Post by Temperance on 28th September 2020, 3:05 pm

Exam link (3000 WC needed)

Impossible Heist

Selina had always been a person who had loved a challenge. Even when the deck was stacked against her, she always had a wildcard up her sleeve to pull through. But this was different. It wasn't just to prove her worth to the guild and gain all the power and respect that came with it, but also to show that nothing was beyond her reach. It was why she had made some daring heists in ERA, and now she had to do it here in this place as well.

The city was home to the DIES IRAE, the renown 'fanatic guild' Temperance called it. It was usually in their penalty for dark mages was 'shoot on sight' or 'kill first, ask questions later'. More also, their nicer neighbors were the RUNE KNIGHTS, who also had an outpost in the same region. While they differed, one would consider them allies. But that wasn't important to her. Many called her crazy for daring to enter a town run by not just one, but two law-reinforcing guilds. Still, the task given to her was to steal something of value from the knights. If she couldn't do this, she didn't deserve the title of 'spellthief'.

Her arrival in the town was by the train, and it was a port town with a lot of ships and traders along the docks. It clearly was a place of great prosperity. Of course, it made it clear for Temperance why the guilds had stations in this part of the country. International crime could easily leak through, much like her. She had her own way back to Elysium afterward that didn't involve a ship, but still, she had to keep casual.

Naturally, she was dressed in her social, civilian disguise as she explored the town, searching for the outpost and scouting out the town.

As she searched, the rustling in her shoulder bag made her look. Out from the pouch stuck out the head of Hex the cat-- her black Exceed companion with her witch's hat sticking out. "One would call you crazy as a bag of cats for wanting to come to THIS town of all places, you know that Selina?" the cat meowed to her.

"Keep low and out of sight Hex," Selina said, urging a hand to gently push Hex's head low into the bag. "It's not like I had a choice. The book is here, so is the outpost. Besides, do you think I scare easily from some goody-two-shoe knights? "

"Let's just say if I hear right, DIES IRAE will treat you much like the witch trials did to people hundreds of years ago. " Hex meowed sarcastically.

A confident smirk came to Temperance as she saw the outpost on the corner of town-- along with the DIES IRAE guild smack in the center of the city. She watched from a tiered watchpoint up inland, observing the town from a considerable height and the surrounding harbor. "Let them both try. They want to string up a witch? Let's just see who gets burned in the end." she said with mischievous intent.

Hex gave a cat-like chuckle, or cackle one would think of the thought of Temperance making fools out of the knights. Or at least, fooling them long enough for her to succeed. But this was not a heist she could do like normal. Calling cards, grand theatrics, was not possible this time around. This would demand stealth and diversions. Any hint of trouble beforehand would jeopardize her job and probably get her killed.

With her eyes on the Rune Knight outpost, she began to plan her heist to get the spellbook.

WC: 612

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Temperance
    Temperance

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 103,687

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Tarot of the Morei
    Second Magic: Arcana Armaments
    Third Magic:

Impossible Heist Empty Re: Impossible Heist

Post by Temperance on 28th September 2020, 7:08 pm

Night soon approached and Temperance knew she had to enact her plan to get in, get the spellbook and get out. Observing from the high viewpoint from before, she saw the outpost and the general layout-- combined with the general layout she learned from her black market contacts regarding how the insides were constructed. The building had a variety of guards, stationed on the perimeter of the outer walls. Enchantments triggered any movement to cross the gates, even if the targets were invisible. The doors were clearly out. However, there would be no enchantments high above the gates to prevent people from flying in. They would have to be silent and quiet in their approach.

Once on the grounds, the trick was to enter the building without tripping the magic wards. Luckily, a certain feline had the magic meant to dispel such tricks.

The moment dusk fell upon the city, just before the lights went on-- the two struck. Temperance had requipt to her proper thief and witch attire, complete with her phantom thief mask, and now flew with Hex. The winged black exceed and the witch was as dark as night, making them unseen among the night sky. They easily flew overhead of the guards and gate, out of sight from the obvious entrances. As Hex carried Temperance, as she did many times, the cat soon released her Aera magic wings and the two dropped towards the roof of the outpost building. Soundlessly, Temperance landed onto the roof, and Hex on her shoulders. The use of the gravity card, The Hanged Man, kept her silent as her personal gravity made her as light as a feather. As she glanced below, seeing the soldiers and knights do their round, they remained undetected up till now.

"Okay, Hex. Time for the caper. You know the plan," she said to her.

The cat let out a soft and quiet meow of annoyance. "Yeah... yeah, cat-burgler time." Hex hopped off Temperance's shoulder and soon found her point in-- the air duct that ran from the rooftop and down into the building. With a quick use of her claws, she quietly plucked out parts of the mesh and pulled out enough space for her to sneak into it.

As she did so, Temperance drew out a few of her own cards, setting up her back up plans just in case.

It didn't take long as Hex was now crawling through the air duct silently. She heard many things as she passed vents that led to the halls and rooms. She had a grumpy look on her face as she squeezed through, the small ceiling pushing her hat down and her movement slow as she crawled on her belly and paws. "Talk about lousy jobs. Sure, let's send the tiny Exceed cat into the air duct... god forbid anyone else has to learn how to freaken crawl on their stomach through a tiny space. It's not rocket science..." Hex grumbled as she crawled.

Hex, you know I can hear you too, right? Temperance's voice came to her ears, via the telepathy Temperance had with her card magic. Hex had a 'sour puss' expression on her face as she clung on to one of her cards. Unwilling to answer, Hex continued on till she found her target.

After a few more meters down into the building, Hex found it. A solitary room with several magic circles surrounded by a single large lacryma. The source of the base's wards and magical protections. It looked confusing, even sturdy to mess around with. Still, it was well five times bigger than the little cat.

With a light push, the cat opened the vent and flew down. Using her wings, she was just above the giant crystal. "Oooh, shiny and it looks important," Hex meowed as she grinned at it. "Oh well... its too big for me to sneak away with anyway..."

Hex gave a soft meow as she gestured her paws forward, causing a soft array of magic dust, bats and pumpkin images laced into the spell. The 'magic' quickly dispersed over the lacrymia-- but soon it began to act oddly. It flickered, screeched, then the magic circle fritzed out like the entire crystal had lost power. Finally, a loud crack echoed in the room, making the light fade.

"Security down. Lucky you," Hex meowed with content for herself.

Good work. I set up my back up just in case. Can you find a place for me to drop in? Temperance asked via telepathy.

"Not here. And I bet the guards will come soon to check on the broken security lacryma. " Hex said.

It's fine. Look for a safe place out. If things get dicy, I'll use your lifeline. For now, I don't mind getting my hands dirty by finding my own way in.

WC: 808

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 21st October 2020, 5:37 am