Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Master of Dragons: Stage 2

Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,331,246

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Master of Dragons: Stage 2 Empty Master of Dragons: Stage 2

Post by Luceam on Sun 13 Sep - 12:09

"Terranoro, the Dragon of raging sands and arguably one of the strongest Earth Dragons known to history despite being based primarily in the sand element, or perhaps because of it. Terranoro is speculated to generate his own sandstorm which creates the armor encompassing his body. However given that he has rarely left his own natural desert habitat this information is left unchecked and unsubstantiated." Luna read aloud from the book given to her and the mythical twilight dragoness by the mysterious wizard with zero sense of boundaries. Luna felt almost violated as he aired out something that Luna chose to remain hidden. Luna did not want to broadcast the fact that she had become a Goddess Slayer, and a slip up during planning on which dragon to handle first revealed to Akeya that one of Luna's elements is earth. Combining distance and the slayer advantage Akeya chosen Terranoro first and Luna followed her call, leading her to roam the desert with the dragoness.

Luna reached for her water bottle clipped to her side and took a sip, not at all concerned for rationing for the meantime. Her Infinite Improbability Chronometer allowed her to take reprieves lasting a mere minute in normal time to traverse to a space station and replenish her water supply as well as cool down. Luna was focused on learning all she could from the book but there was little of use. "While most Earth elementals operate on thick and heavy defensive capabilities, loose material ones like sand and gravel seem to have speed... But a raging sandstorm seems to give Terranora the benefit of both high speed and high defense.

Luna closed the book before putting it back in her shoulder bag, truth be told she had already studied the chapter of Terranora four times an absorbed all the information, she was struggling through the awkward silence of traveling with the twilight dragoness. Luna found herself either struggling with feelings of lust, intimidation, or the rare bit of jealousy as she was in the presence of someone she considered quite possibly the perfect representation of beauty. Luna tried to remain professional as she was working on the job.

Luna rarely struggled with separating her personal life from professional in the past, but after a glimpse of Akeya's cosmic dragoness form it rendered Luna unable picture anything but the dragoness, and the current stimuli was no help either. When Luna looked around there was little to see under the setting sun, mostly sandy hills as far as the eye could see. There was an occasional rock, cactus, tumbleweed. A brief passing with a caravan of traders who managed to swindle Luna into buying dried goods, a slightly used torch lacrima, and a new set of kunai. After getting atop a hill Luna pulled out her ilac device and checked the GPS to see how far she was from the recorded point in the book and they were still far off. Luna silently cursed the rough terrain. "Damn, still a long trek, wish I could've at least used my car but it's not for rough terrain. Plus Sari would kill me if I asked her for a lift." She groaned as she kept moving forward. She was not fond of deserts environment for many reasons, such as the intense heat, and the most life she is able to sense and commune with are bugs. While Luna did not mind bugs, but how their telepathic voice portrays is quite grading and when they are a predominant voice it bothers Luna.

Luna herself moved forward as she was trying to get this job over with as swiftly as she could. However she was grateful that the sun was setting and night was coming. She wasn't too worried about light as she recalled there was a full moon tonight, and worst case scenario she used some of the tools and tricks at her disposal to create some light. Luna sighed as she looked around. "Honestly... seems like this dragon is trying to go far out of his way to avoid civilization. Do you think he'll be above ground or bellow ground? Probably both... She asked the dragoness slightly exhausted. While she was hydrated, and her Goddess Skin did protect her from a sunburn, her body language was slightly sluggish.

WC 718
    PWC 718
    TWC 718

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Draconic Heritage
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 2,924,796

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer Third Generation: Ancient Bonds
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Master of Dragons: Stage 2 Empty Re: Master of Dragons: Stage 2

Post by Akeya on Mon 14 Sep - 17:28

"Overcoming that sandstorm is going to be the toughest part." Akeya replied as Luna went over the details they had on their first target once more. The dragoness was walking beside the fairy, her large clawed feet moving steadily without showing any sign of flagging or slowing down. A dragon's fortitude was nothing to scoff at, so even if Luna was feeling the exhaustion from walking all day Akeya was still doing fine. Of course what also helped was that she was constantly regaining energy from the light of the sun, and now that the night was beginning to fall she'd be able to feed on the dark of night instead. And the moonlight, since she could feel that tonight's moon would be full and bright.

"Light and dark don't affect my vision, but if that sandstorm is a creation of his it'll be suffused with magic, so I can't just gaze through it." Being a twilight dragon meant that Akeya's eyes essentially ignored requirements such as light, but even she couldn't ignore it if there was a giant obstacle between her and what she was trying to look at. If the obstacle was mundane she could find a way to deal with it, but if the obstacle was magical... "If we can find a way to negate the sandstorm I should be able to do the rest of the work. Fights between dragons can get messy but they're actually pretty simple once you get the hang of them." Each dragon had an element, and fights between dragons tended to boil down to finding a position in which the other dragon's element was weak and yours was strong. That was one of the main reasons why attacking a dragon in their own lair was considered suicide: a dragon's lair was designed to be favourable to their own element.

The twilight dragoness was willing to give it a shot though. Unlike most dragons she spent most of her time training, so even if she couldn't rely on raw strength to win she was quite confident that her skill and precision would make up for any shortcomings. "Sand is deceptively dangerous. Their size and hardness means that a sandstorm is for all effects and purposes a whirlwind of slicing winds." She indicated their surroundings, the desert which consisted of little beyond dunes of sand. "It wouldn't be surprising if it turned out that there used to be hills and mountains here, only for them to slowly get ripped apart by sandstorms." She frowned as she glanced at Luna. "Since you don't have scales to protect you you'll have to be careful. I know you're a capable healer but if this fight ends up happening inside a sandstorm you'll end up running out of energy trying to keep yourself standing." She tapped one of her own midnight blue scales. "Given that I'm not an earth dragon I might be in trouble as well." She should be able to withstand it... but better not to put it to the test.

For the duration of their journey Akeya hadn't been the most talkative of people. She never was, but she was also thinking about the road ahead of them. A whole bunch of dragons, and they had to gather a scale from each of them for unknown reasons. That scrymaster really liked to keep things under wraps. Which Akeya couldn't exactly blame him for since she had a similar approach to life, but she wasn't quite as appreciative when others kept things hidden from her. Since her life philosophy was that she had to prioritize her own needs she could safely be annoyed about that kind of thing without it making her a hypocrite.

She could tell that Luna was struggling to put herself at ease given all that had happened. Aside from the fact that Akeya herself was rather distracting (how many people could say they travelled with a dragon such as herself?) all that business with the scrymaster and the temporal warfare must be difficult for the fairy to shake off.

"Hmmm..." Akeya frowned as Luna asked her whether she expected the earth dragon to be submerged or not. She gazed into the distance, but up ahead there was nothing but more sand. "Given that he has a reputation of gathering sandstorms he'll probably show himself above ground. Even if he can make the sand part for him like water sandstorms don't work as well underground. If he does try to hide underground we can provoke him and then fly up so he has to emerge." She nodded towards the skies as they quickly shifted from the bright blue of day to the mix of blue and orange of twilight. "He sounds like the kind of guy who'd be overly protective of his territory and react poorly to provocation."

She came to a halt and looked back at Luna. "If you're feeling tired we could take a break now. Stumbling into someone's lair while gasping for air is asking for trouble." The reason why they'd settled for walking rather than just flying there was because Akeya preferred to be cautious. Dashing into enemy territory at full speed meant that you were exposed to the danger of traps. Walking in like normal people while hiding their magic power would allow them to sneak up to their prey. Of course they could just fly high enough that the earth dragon wouldn't notice... except that at that height Luna was in danger of freezing to death.

"Given that you've got earth magic, do you think you'd be able to get rid of the sandstorm? Or at least negate it for a time." They might as well use every advantage they had. That's why they chose this dragon first after all.

WC: 964
    PWC: 964/10,000
    TWC 1,682/20,000

Last edited by Akeya on Sat 19 Sep - 10:49; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Master of Dragons: Stage 2 CADlsHa
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam on Fri 18 Sep - 1:15

Luna noted the methodical undertones of Akeya and truly respected it as it seemed the two were understanding of the situations. Before meeting the Twilight/Cosmic Dragoness, Luna originally thought the idea of an apex dragon being one that sacrificed their mind and retreated into a pure primal state and gathered power. While Akeya was most certainly not lacking in power, her strategical and precision oriented focus seemed to put her in a league beyond other dragons Luna has faced in her life. She didn't disagree with any of the facts stated by Akeya as they were discussing the element of Sand and potential threats.

She didn't disagree with Akeya when the Twilight Dragoness suggested a break stopped as well. Reaching towards her recently refilled water bottle and drinking as she listened to the question, almost choking when Akeya inquired regarding Luna's ability to disrupt sand. managing to spill hardly any water she put the cap back on her bottle and dried off her lips and chin with her wrist. She was slightly concerned for how she would address the slayer questions regarding her connection to the earth element but ultimately she knew she would have to come clean. She looked around, checking with her eyes, ears, and magical senses to ensure there was no one listening.

"Well that's going to be a tricky question to answer as I am not completely sure. I was given Earth Slayer Magic as part of when I became a prodigy of a harvest goddess, Carpo, my primary focus is plants. But I have experimented with the earth element and how far my range is with control in regards to which forms of earth as I can't manipulate them all the same." She said giving a summary as she remembered the week of testing her newfound powers, and the day she devoted to the Earth element and all it's various forms. In truth she found that she was not able to completely master all forms. "From Strongest to Least compatible with Terrakinesis, Loose dirt, rocks, gravel, gemstones, sand, ore, with ore being unresponsive."

She held out her hand before flicking her arm out to the side as a small patch of sand rose and moved upwind before falling. Demonstrating her weakness before the Dragoness was incredibly embarrassing but nothing could be helped as she was simply trying to prove a point. "That's about the best I can mange on the fly. If you picture manipulating an element as writing, picture the elements as the same activity, like writing, but a different sub element is a different form, for me manipulating sand is like if I had the claw of a giant metal dragon trying to write in cursive with a normal sized pen. It just gets all over the place." She explained to the dragoness as she exercised her point across. "In a battle of sand manipulation against a legendary creature... I'd not bet on me so that leaves the other option a Slayer can perform against a same element enemy."

She herself had this thought in her mind as she was wondering on how viable the option of magical consumption will be in the long run as she was running through the benefits and flaws to such a concept. "While I can't manipulate it strongly, I can consume sand like normal, but since I am not too close to the sand element, and earth in general is quite dry, I might dry out my throat but that's not close to the more prominent risk, proximity. If I were to eat a raging sandstorm aura, I'd need to be close and need about, maybe seven to seventeen seconds to eat it all. Which brings us to the unknown, what happens after."

She recalled the parts of Terranora's chapter that were merely pure speculation and not founded in first or second hand knowledge of the various sources that were compiled into the book. "I see three possibilities, the first and most likely is this is a flesh and blood dragon that manipulates sand around his body, and proximity to the ground could allow him to rebuild his defense again. That's the best outcome as that means if we make him take the high ground without his moving offensive and defensive aura we can gain some upper hand. Second possibility is that this is a flesh and blood dragon with terregenasis abilities similar to mine allowing him to create sand out of his own magic power or flesh. That one is the worst in my opinion as that lowers the time we have before a shield can regenerate and the window we have to keep him off guard is lower." She said in speculation as she took a slight pause to both catch her breath and reorganize the last of her thoughts regarding the possibilities that the Earth Dragon could have been. "Third and something to keep in mind, like you are proof not all dragons have to be a thousand pound, scaly, majestic beast that can dominate the world with ease. It is possible this dragon adopts an alternative form, like an elemental body, like your shadow or light form. Could be possible, and the sandstorm is merely an extension. In that case the fight would be easier so to speak."

She said as she recalled her own personal experience dealing with an earth elemental bodied demon in the past and how she made it through the fight by eating the being itself. She saw little reason why the same approach would not be viable if said creature was not a demon, but a legendary dragon. "In that case I could very well just eat out the dragon until it can't fight back and take a scale of whatever is left. It worked when I ate out an earth demon." Luna shrugged as she was trying to rationalize the options she had against the dragon. However there was something that she was dreading as she had to accept the reality that none of the options she had brought up omitted the prospect that the sandstorm wouldn't be restored or that Luna would would need to consume sand from additional attacks.

All Slayers, whether by legend, witness, teaching, or experience knew what happened when one either consumes an immense level of their magic, or how there was a certain condition in which they could trigger it themselves, Force. Luna remembered as she entered Goddess Force once before. Luna remembered the experience as she was on cloud nine for the whole day, even after she came down from force she was still riding the burning out high. However other then physical changes, there was a more prominent shift in her tone. Normally Luna reflected the more serene side of nature, however Goddess Force brings out the more dangerous aspect of nature within her, almost wild. "Well if I do manage to consume enough from him to launch me into force, someone is gonna need a funeral, as I tend to get carried away, wild and aggressive. According to witnesses also sadistic and other traits normally unbecoming of my typical behavior. Physical changes will be obvious, only ones I remember is a dark aura, while shadows consume my limbs.."

Luna took a slight pause for breath before stepping aimlessly looking around as she was wrapping up a speech on the rest of her slayer powers. She assumed that Akeya was merely trying to gain any advantage for a preffered swift and efficient fight. While Luna didn't disagree, she had her reasons for keeping the magic a secret, not that it had to be for long, just until she was able to confirm the death of a certain Storm god, even if it had to be by her own hands. "Pretty much it, except you never saw my slayer magic in action. Brief summary is that it juxtaposes my natural skillset of plant and environment based abilities. However instead of focusing on making distance and keeping an enemy subdued, they focus on primarily mid range to close range tactics to keep anyone off their balance or cope with any situation that my normal skillset cannot cover or if they become unavailable."

Luna took a moment to think on the subject as an idea had crossed her mind, she started to rub her arm as she got slightly nervous. She recalled that Akeya did not take kindly to Luna's spirits, even finding them an outright annoyance, especially Tierra and Vita. However if Akeya was looking for all possible advantages, Luna in good conscience could not without this last resort. "However... There is a last resort that we could use but you are not going to like it once I pull the pin on that grenade. You recall my spirits Vita and Tierra right? The Princesses of the Forest Beyond the Horizon? Well their father saw how much fun they had with me and decided that they wanted to join in... and formed a bond with me. I can summon them and they have an incredible ability, so powerful and useful in situations like ours. They can for a limited field, change a section of a biome to a different type. For example create a volcano in the frozen tundra, turn wetland into a desert, make a rainforest a savana." She explained the pros to the dragoness, desperately trying to hide the major faults of the spirit awkwardly, trying to avoid offending Akeya. She assumed she would run across that probably already burning bridge when the hoard chases her there. Between the awkward tension of trying to withstand the radiance or avoid offending the Dragoness Luna managed to maintain eye contact as she was unable to properly experience either sensation. "All animals are still the same, so a scorpion would still be there. However, if used right, this could render the dragon's home field advantage neutralized if we keep him contained within the temporary biome. However depending on the biome, radius, and location of dragon this could easily go our way or still be tough."

WC 1683
    PWC 2401
    TWC 3365

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Akeya on Sat 19 Sep - 12:42

Akeya raised an eyebrow as Luna's first response to her inquiry was apparently to choke on the water she'd been drinking in an attempt to rehydrate herself from the trek through the desert. While Luna was focusing on nourishment and sustainment the dragoness stood there gazing out into the distance, although more than her eyes she was focusing on her ability to sense magic. In the distance there definitely was a large amount of mana, too large for it to merely be a buildup of natural magic energy. It was still a ways away but Akeya was pretty certain that it was the aura of the desert dragon.

"Did you think I'd ignored the fact that you have a connection with the earth?" The question wasn't so much mocking as genuinely surprise, even if the surprise was rather mild. The twilight dragoness might not have much interest as people for the sake of people, but she did do her best to keep track of important details and variables which could become either useful or detrimental in the future. When you treated life as something of a competition, where everyone was competing for the right to survive, you wouldn't just forget or ignore something as potentially vital as the elements other powerful mages could use.

And while Luna wasn't quite as powerful as Akeya herself there was no denying that the fairy was powerful enough for it to be recognized. Given that her focus was on summoning spirits and healing magic she might not be able to defeat an army on her own, but she could still bring about change on a massive scale if she so wished. Well... she could probably defeat an army by summoning her spirits, but that was still a little different from doing it with your own hands. Although either way it would be foolish of Akeya to not keep tabs on her.

"I wasn't aware of a goddess named Carpo." Aside from that comment she listened quietly as Lune tried her best to explain what she could do with her earth powers. The fairy was making it clear that her earth magic didn't compare to her plant magic, which made sense. Akeya was a case of combining light and dark in unison, but in general mages who had more than one type of magic or more than one element tended to prioritize one over the other. The dragoness folded her arms as she tilted her head to the side. "It's interesting that gemstones would be more receptive to your magic than sand... But for the most part it just sounds like you'll have to train your earth magic a bit more before it can be useful as anything other than support." She glanced to the small collection of sand that Luna lifted into the air. "Of course given that I know little about earth magic you'd need to find someone else to help you refine it."

The analogy Luna used to try and describe her current proficiency with earth magic was a rather unusual one, but Akeya got the picture. Nothing they could overly rely on in combat with an actual sand dragon. The possibility of eating the dragon's sand was still on the table, although Luna also warned that her unfamiliarity with the earth element meant that she might have trouble scarfing down too much sand. That actually was rather surprising, since Akeya didn't remember having such problems. Maybe it was different to someone whose elements didn't come naturally to them...

"Most dragons can produce the element they can control using their own magic, so the second possibility is the most likely. While dragons can also use magic to change into the element they control it's rare for their true form to be composed of that element... barring exceptional circumstances." Akeya went through her memories and the scrolls she'd read. "While not unique to dragons, it is possible for them to cheat death by becoming one with the element they control. Although as you've already suggested, that technique has the drawback that you could end up being devoured by another who can consume the same element." She shrugged. "Then again, normal dragons are still made from flesh and blood: plenty of creatures who'd eat that."

Akeya hadn't genuinely considered giving up her corporeal form. One reason being that she could already freely shift into light, dark, or a combination thereof: any occasion where such a form would be useful was already accessible to her.

"I think it would be safer to assume that we can't rely on you eating the dragon. However the sandstorm shouldn't be an issue: even if you're unused to it you shouldn't be harmed by the sand you're eating." She raised one clawed hand and snapped her fingers, causing a small spark to burst into existence for a moment. "I can keep the dragon busy for long enough that you can eat the sandstorm, and after that you'd just have to try and eat the sandstorm as quickly as he tries to reform it while I take him down." A bit of a crude plan, but at least it was straightforward. If it worked it would require minimal effort from both of them, since Akeya was pretty sure that she could take on her own kin with little issue as long as their homefield territory was largely negated.

Although Luna's suggestion of eating the dragon made Akeya think of how she'd obtained her light element... But there were some distinct differences between solars and dragons.

The pink-haired mage's warning about how achieving Force would result in a drastic shift in her personality intrigued Akeya, but at the same time she didn't think it'd be an issue. "We're out in the middle of the desert, if you go into Force and become dangerous I'd be the only one around." She looked at Luna. "If it looks like you're heading back towards inhabited areas I'll keep you busy for long enough that you're at least no longer in Force, after which I should be able to prevent you doing anything stupid."

Akeya's own experience with Force didn't include anything like a personality change. Was it because she was a dragon and thus it was more natural to her? Or did it have to do with Luna's slayer type being different? Akeya had some trouble understanding all the nuances of demon slayers and god slayers: dragon slayers were non-dragons who utilized dragon magic to fight dragons on even footing. Yet demon slayers used holy magic and god slayers used unholy magic, which would make them the antithesis of the thing they're slaying.

While the dragoness pondered this she looked to the side as a fireball shot out over the desert. It was large and vibrant, its flames casting flickering shadows over the dunes as the spherical conflagration flew right towards Akeya. Raising one scaled hand Akeya focused, a prismatic barrier forming in the air in front of herself and Luna. Upon hitting the barrier the fireball burst apart into several discoloured tongues of flame, which quickly faded away as the fireball's structure had been disrupted.

Clicking her tongue in annoyance Akeya watched as a group of reptiles quickly approached their position, running after the expired fireball. "Komodo dragons. Three of them." She'd heard of these before. Supposedly the lesser cousins of true dragons, although from what Akeya could tell the similarities were minor beyond the ability to breathe fireballs. The twilight dragoness spread her wings and glared at the newcomers even as she replied to Luna's latest suggestion. "If your friends can turn the area into a glacier or something that would be useful. Even if our opponent can produce his own sand taking away existing sand still weakens him."

The komodo dragons didn't stop until they were within a scant dozen meters of the two female adventurers, their tongues flicking out of their mouths as they began to form a semi-circle. Low hisses filled the air, Akeya's eyes narrowing as she could tell that the two of them were being sized up. The fact that the fireball had done nothing apparently wasn't enough to discourage these nuisances to leave them alone. That meant that either these komodo dragons were stupid, or just too hungry to care. Or diseased...? She doubted it: they looked healthy enough. "As long as you can find a way to deal with the sandstorm it should be fine." She then turned her full attention towards the komodo dragons, her wings spread to their full glory as her emerald eyes glowed.

A cold feeling filled the air as Akeya forcefully manifested her killing intent. It wasn't passionate or aggressive, it didn't promise violence: it was cold as the grave, and filled with something beyond personal dislike or hunger. When Akeya wanted to kill something her intent was without personal attachment or fury. It was the cold certainty that whatever she happened to be targeting wouldn't live much longer. It was cold enough that one might not be surprised if water were turned into ice by it.

The komodo dragons bobbed their head at first, opening their mouths and hissing. However they slowly began to fall back, hesitatingly at first but then increasing the pace, until eventually all three the wannabe drakes were running across the sand into the distance, having decided that they'd rather try to find other prey than attack the dragoness who seemed prepared to gut them all without the slightest ounce of regret, remorse, or fear.

Keeping up her killing intent a bit longer Akeya waited until the three nuisances were out of sight before she folded her wings and turned back towards Luna. "Are you read to resume? Now that night has fallen the desert is going to quickly cool down." Deserts were absolutely atrocious at absorbing energy, which was why the days were scorching and the nights were freezing. Akeya didn't know how well a fairy like Luna would fare, but she didn't think it'd be good to put to the test when they'd have to be dealing with a dragon. "And we'll have to be careful for other assailants: there's not a lot of life here but there's some creatures that might try the same thing as those three."

WC: 1,716
    PWC: 2,680/10,000
    TWC: 5,081/20,000

Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam on Tue 22 Sep - 22:56

Luna paid close attention to the dragoness's response, analysis, and comments to Luna's summary of the skillset she wanted to hide. Akeya seemed to have more combat experience then Luna, evident by her analytical and combat prowess. However Luna was glad that given Akeya's history with the Princess spirits that she might be apprehensive regarding meeting their father, and Luna knew she was going to regret the introduction as there was a lot to be said about Gaian; such as the fact Gaian can create elemental golems, reflects a lot of nature, and has been punished by a curse imparted from a higher power to be stuck in the form of a young girl after a war in the Forest Beyond the Horizon. However while relieved to hear that Akeya said she would prevent casualties if the situati0on should arise where innocents would be put in  harms way that she would interfere.

Luna was scared by force, as the first time she experienced it she was going from unpopulated area to unpopulated area, at that point there was assured no casualties to speak of and collateral was not a concern.  However isolated lands and a desert are different, one never knows who they might find out here, other adventurers of equal or greater calibur, or some less capable hotshots desperate to get recognition or vast wealth fast. Perhaps there could be a party of non combatants like researchers, artists, or even a wanderer high off herbs wandering through the desert looking for enlightenment, the last of which Luna remembered seeing jobs come and go for the same guy several times back when she was a member of Crystal Swan and Aurora, but the pattern seemed to end for one reason or another.

However Luna did sense three forms approaching but before she could react komodo dragons surfaced. Luna was not sure what creature would be brave enough to lurk in the territory of a giant sand based dragon, but her first guess was not going to be a small group fire breathing komodo dragons. She saw the light from the corner of her eye as she was turning around to confront the dragons as she was about to react, but there was a blinding flash before her eyes as there was now a barrier of light that the fireballs crashed into instead. She eased up as it seemed Akeya had already sprung into action.

However Luna herself nearly shuddered as she sensed the cold lethal intent Akeya was emitting, she had dealt with her fair share of that short of intimidation and even found herself emitting a similar aura, but something to note was that it was not out of anger, hunger, or even necessary survival. It was cold, piercing, calculated, anything but an emotional uproar, more like a precise strike to the mind. However Luna couldn't help but be mesermized by a chance to see the twilight dragoness's wings up close and unfolded. "Alright who the hell made this dragon have beautiful wings regardless of form..."

Luna was stuck in her mixed state of awe and fear as she was witnessing the display, blushing slightly until Akeya was done with her intimidation tactics and the komodo dragons left in peace and fear. At this point Luna was not focused on their minds so she could not hear if they were plotting. When Akeya had finished her attempt and turned around Luna snapped back into focus as she was able to regain composure as Akeya said she was ready to keep going.  Luna nodded in response. "Yeah, we should probably keep going..." She said as she started to walk, keeping her senses open to avoid being surprised again.

"I was half expecting a large scorpion with either earth or poison magic surfacing." Luna chimed in as she felt the cold air against her skin. Luna herself was rarely affected by some climates, the cold was not as bothersome as the sand. It was uneven, coarse, getting everywhere inside her shoes, uneven and rough terrain, it was hard to move straight without focus, and the sand obscures much. However Luna chose not to focus on the annoying part of trekking the desert, which happened to be trekking the desert by trying to get a better idea of her distracting herself by changing the focus on expanding her knowledge of the twilight Dragoness.

"So it seems like you're at least 60 percent, maybe 75 max aware of my skillset, but is there anything useful you might be holding out? My Goddess Slayer magic was supposed to be hidden until a premeditated Deicide and I probably lost that significant advantage in a more, personal fight. So don't be afraid to hold out." She said as at this point it didn't really matter if she hid it as it was obvious. Luna was the type to advocate for mercy when she can, so the notion that she would take something incredibly deadly and focused on destruction was almost paradox, not to mention the difficult question as to why would a Fae be a slayer of deities that protect them from their natural predator, and not just become a demon slayer instead. Luna guessed Akeya probably assumed the whole story and chose to avoid pressing it as it was an unrelated matter that had nothing to do with her. However Luna did raise a fair point that her abilities were made obvious and known. "From what I recall you have two other forms, a shadow like and a cosmic dragon form, while you possess shadow and light magic. Is there a White Dragon form? Or is the cosmic form representative of the white, I always thought it was a fusion of the two elements." Luna's intentions were in the practical place as she was starting to dwindle into less relevant questions. However she soon recalled the main issue at hand as she recalled the displays of power from the mysterious wizard's Labyrinth and recently against the komodo dragons.

"But as for your shadow attacks, do you solidify shadows or convert it into a energy like form? Like I'm guessing the barrier was energy so the shadow might still be." She was starting to speculate in thought as she was imagining the potential capabilities of the two element's alone and merging. "But something else... you're called the Twilight Dragoness, right? But from what I saw, what little can be heard, your cosmic form appears to be the only time you were seen to my knowledge using both shadow and light. Are you able to actually use Twilight magic? Or is this like Terranora, who while is a Legandary dragon of some particular element, is primarily powerful in a substrate of the whole?"

Luna recalled in her experiences coming across elemental fusions, she herself has some skill with intertwining her two Goddess Slayer elements, but noted some great examples. When she thought about light and darkness a particular example that is hard to describe comes to her memory. She remembered the golden door, the chamber beneath and the various lights. "I've seen both the harmonius and the chaotic methods, indescribable in the hands of a master and with power greater to either." She admitted, recalling her past experiences with an entity that goes beyond explanation.  "Although I'm doing the same so naturally I can't blame you if you chose to hold some cards close to your chest. But you practically ripped one of mine right from under my qipao. Well I suppose the mysterious wizard did but still. Not like I wanted it anyways though, just a necessary evil but damn lacrima infusion process nearly killed me. Whoever preaches Slayer abilities probably never had a lacrima infused into their being... Not sure if Dragon Slayers are like that but it was moreso like someone shoved a new being into my own while my own as still about as stable as a puppy's focus to begin with. Feeling my whole body dying and rebirthing cell by cell stronger." She stopped herself short as she started to realize she was ranting. "Apoligies, I had a lot of this bottled up, only Carpo, Amelia, my mother, and my half sister are aware and I had to keep everyone silent. But if you're divination proof this should be no problem considering the lack of witnesses... Unless someone who can speak to a cactus asks around. Believe me, they are weirdos, they just talk about the oddest stuff. I don't mean to judge given their isolation but yeah, and I thought spicy peppers were odd." She admitted to the dragoness.

WC 1438
    PWC 3839
    TWC 6519

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Akeya Yesterday at 17:13

Akeya could tell that there was still some uncertainty within Luna's heart, but at least the fae was remaining in control of it and not letting it grow out of control. The dragoness was still somewhat confused at the idea of Force being a problem, but she wasn't unwilling to accept that it was possible. After all, while it might seem natural for a dragon Force was essentially a phase in which your own magic power overflowed, filling your entire being and allowing you to perform incredible feats. The cost was that you burned through your energy very quickly, of course, but sometimes that was the most efficient way to deal with the situation at hand.

But it wasn't too strange that for some people such a surge of power would affect their mind. It was most likely similar to the rush of adrenaline, except significantly more potent. Adrenaline put you in a hyper-alert mode, ready to react to anything that might be a threat. Force gave you so much power that you might not even know what to do with it. For those who let power get to their head... Akeya didn't know Luna well enough to state she was one of those people who didn't know how to handle positions of power, but at the very least the fairy didn't handle it the way Akeya did.

Although all of that speculation was based on the idea that there wasn't any mind-affecting magic involved. Maybe because Luna's magic wasn't draconic in nature whatever else was in there could influence her thoughts. God slayer magic, ironically enough, contained a vile essence, so it might turn her mind to wicked thoughts as perceived by gods and mortals.

Putting that aside for the moment she focused on making sure the komodo dragons were really gone. Whatever it had been that pushed them to attack herself and Luna wasn't strong enough to make them charge headfirst into certain death... at least not as long as death was staring straight at them. Clearly they were willing to take the risk when Akeya and Luna appeared to be distracted, but for as long as the dragoness was keeping an eye out those three wouldn't bother them again. While komodo dragons weren't true dragons Akeya still knew enough about them to be able to tell when they were actually retreating, and not just falling back and seeking an opportunity to strike again.

She could also feel something coming from Luna. Ever since she'd obtained perfect balance between light and dark she'd occasionally had such weird sensations. She wasn't quite sure what they were about, but Luna was giving off a strong feeling right now.

Once Luna made it clear that she was ready to move Akeya would walk alongside the pink-haired fae once more, her eyes now travelling across the desert rather than staring straight ahead. Even without the komodo dragons there were other potential threats: anything which managed to survive out here was powerful enough that a surprise attack could actually be a problem. "There's definitely scorpions in this desert, although I wouldn't know about them possessing earth magic. Most likely they are burrowed underground for the night and are going to stay there until the sun emerges." She pointed towards the heavens with the tip of her tail, where the only light was from the moon and the stars. "They might not be reptiles but these temperatures are unpleasant for most creatures."

She narrowed her eyes when Luna began to inquire after her own abilities. The twilight dragoness had little interest in sharing her abilities with anyone: every trick she kept secret was one she could use in a pinch. However Luna then continued to talk about how she wished to commit deicide, something which actually made Akeya's eyes widen in genuine surprise before she smirked. "Interesting goal you've chosen for yourself there." The dragoness also had the intent of slaying a deity, although she imagined it was for different reasons than her companion. Whatever Luna's motivations were the pink-headed mage would most likely explain them as being either noble or necessary. Akeya's motivation was... well, she didn't like the idea of the gods treating the world as a playboard. She'd slay a god to prove that the gods weren't above her... to show them and herself that she could and that she had control over her own fate.

"I started out as a dark dragon, so I don't use pure light very often." She answered Luna's second question. She didn't think that that particular piece of information would be very dangerous if revealed to Luna, given that what she used to be didn't hold a candle to what she was now.

And just because she didn't use pure light often didn't mean she couldn't, or that her light was weaker than her dark.

She shrugged at the next question, about how she used her shadows. "Versatility is one of the greatest keys to survival. Let's just say that you shouldn't expect me to not have left out a potentially useful way to use my elements. And yes, I am the twilight dragon, so I can use twilight." She wouldn't give a demonstration, but if her estimations were correct it was more important that Luna knew she possessed twilight magic than the risks involved. "Although twilight is a rather tricky element, so it may not be what you expect from it." Trick was definitely one way of saying it... sometimes she wasn't entirely sure what its deal was.

Listening to Luna complaining about the process of becoming a goddess slayer and how she felt like her secrets had been revealed against her will Akeya actually chuckled and held up a taloned finger. "I didn't reveal your secret, and no it's not like that for dragon slayers... at least not for me. Then again, I'm already a dragon so the essence of another dragon isn't as foreign to me. I imagine that human dragon slayers don't have it quite as easy." She snorted at the thought. "But the idea of another being having been shoved inside your own is more accurate than you might think. Just be glad that it's not conscious." At least, she would expect it to not be conscious... The dragons whose essence she had absorbed in the form of dragon lachrima certainly weren't conscious anymore: they'd become a part of her, at least what part of them hadn't escaped the mortal coil to head for the afterlife or reincarnate or whatever. She wasn't actually entirely sure how much of a soul remained inside a dragon lachrima. Could it differ per lachrima?

Glancing at Luna when she began to talk about cacti the dragoness shook her head and looked straight ahead again. "We should be safe... although I think we'll be facing more ambushes in the next couple of minutes." She could feel something, something ahead of them... To the left, in the distance, but slowly moving closer. It felt similar to something they'd encountered inside the labyrinth... something which reeked of testosterone poisoning.

"I didn't know minotaurs lived in the desert." Was her only remark, even though the monster was nowhere to be seen.

Yet.

WC: 1,204
    PWC: 3,884/10,000
    TWC: 7,723/20,000

Character|Magic

Current date/time is Sat 26 Sep - 0:27