Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Start of an Adventurous Life

Bulwark
    Bulwark

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 218

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Start of an Adventurous Life Empty The Start of an Adventurous Life

Post by Bulwark 13th August 2020, 10:35 am

Bulwark ╪ D Rank

There were many guilds to pick from. Jade had choices. Among all of them, he couldn't help but feel that Sabertooth would be the best pick for him. They seemed to be a well balanced guild. Good hearted, stable, plenty busy, everything you would want in a guild for heroes. If Jade was looking to do good deeds for the public, he hoped he would be just at home here.

Jade readjusted his leather pauldron as he walked across the busy streets of town. Although it was quite crowded, he couldn't help but notice all the little conversations of the people around him. People talked much more than they did in the city. It was... refreshing. Lively. It had a certain hint of character that he never really experienced all that often.

There was very little doubt in Jade's mind, he would like it here.

As a smile crept onto the mage's face, he picked up pace and began walking faster towards the central castle of the town. Three years of training, all to learn and practice so that he could become a mage, all to join a guild. Jade knew his parents would be proud of him. He couldn't wait, his excitement made apparent by his pace.
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Experience : 3,300

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sky Dragon's Dance of Life
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Start of an Adventurous Life Empty Re: The Start of an Adventurous Life

Post by Velvet Skydancer 13th August 2020, 11:41 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: -
    Total Word Count: -
    Thread Word Count: -

Tagged: -
    Job Information: -
    Notes: -

A silent sigh left the lips of one Velvet Skydancer as she walked towards the Red Dragon Inn. She hadn't really stopped working there recently, such was her popularity with the patrons, and today marked potentially her eighth day in a row. This wasn't a huge issue, as she was used to working long weeks. But there was still that feeling that she could be doing more for the guild than just dancing and healing her guildmates. Still, it was likely that Will would give her a few days off soon, as was often the case after a week or so of working.

In spite of her usual breeze blowing gently around her, as the cat-eared maiden made her way through the streets, she wasn't paying particular attention to what was actually happening around her. In fact, the only reason she hadn't bumped into anyone was due to the fact they were avoiding bumping into her. Oblivious, she turned a corner - bumping face first into what felt like another person. The Skydancer managed to keep herself standing despite the collision, and quickly bowed her head in apology. "OH! I am so sorry! I was lost in my thoughts." her voice spoke through the breeze which was now surrounding the person she'd bumped into. The figure was taller than she was, and more muscular. This suggested it was a male, but she knew better than to assume as much. She'd met more than a few muscular women since joining Sabertooth.

But what caught her attention the most was that she felt an unfamiliar magical energy. Either a guest or someone looking for the guild perhaps? That didn't really matter for the moment. She was more panicked about the fact she'd face-planted the person's chest. She looked up and smiled apologetically.

IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Bulwark
    Bulwark

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Bulwark 13th August 2020, 2:09 pm

Bulwark ╪ D Rank

Jade's attention while walking was often on the tall castle towers of the Sabertooth guildhall at the far side of town. He took small and slow steps, as time was not of the essence, in order to keep his balance and occasionally check to make sure he was heading in the right direction.

After reaching an intersection, Jade turned right around a corner. He almost didn't notice the baby-blue haired girl in front of him before she bumped right into his chest. "OH! I am so sorry! I was lost in my thoughts," she said, bowing her head. The first thing Jade noticed was her height. He himself wasn't a very large person, but the top of the girl's head barely came up to his chin. It wasn't often that Jade found someone who made him feel tall.

When the girl smiled at him, Jade couldn't help but smile a little himself. He bowed his own head in response. "It's not a problem, miss! It's partially my fault too, I wasn't looking where I was going." Jade extended a hand out and gave a hearty grin. "My name's Jade."
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 13th August 2020, 2:40 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Tagged: @Bulwark

As the person spoke, it confirmed at least one thing that Velvet was unsure of; the person was almost definitely male. His tone had also sounded pleasant, which also confirmed he wasn't an immediate threat at least. He accepted his apology before introducing himself to her, revealing his name to be 'Jade'. With her mind focused on her speech, and her magic checking the man for any harm the collision may have caused, she didn't even realise that Jade had offered his hand out to her. It was only when her wind brushed gently along his arm and hand that she realised all too late that he was offering to shake her hand. It was a gesture she knew of course, but not one that had ever been offered to her, usually because she was with someone else, or the person recognised her blindness. It seemed that Jade hadn't yet noticed.

But whilst her blindness could be somewhat hidden or disguised, her inability to talk without her magic would be very apparent as she smiled back at Jade once more and, without her lips parting once, introduced herself. "Jade...it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Velvet." she replied softly, before remembering far too late to shake his hand. Slightly embarrassed, the Skydancer tried to immediately turn the attention to something else; conversation. "You are...unfamiliar to me. Is this your first time here in Ace of Spades? If so, perhaps I can help you? By way of apology, of course."

IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Bulwark
    Bulwark

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Bulwark 15th August 2020, 4:03 pm

Bulwark ╪ D Rank

When Jade first extended his hand out, he hadn't noticed where the girl's attention was. Her eyes seemed to be in a trance, as if they weren't focused on anything. It was a little peculiar to say the least.

While his hand was still outstretched, Jade's gaze shifted towards the two fluffy cat ears atop her head. Yet another oddity that perplexed him. His mouth hung barely open with silent words, but he was brought back to attention before he could say anything. "Jade...it's a pleasure to meet you," the small girl said with a nearly unsettling stillness. "My name is Velvet." Her lips didn't move, didn't part. Not only that, but there was a slight pause before she noticed his still extended hand. And it was then that Jade finally realized why her eyes threw him off, why she had left him there with his hand out for so long: she was blind.

The newbie mage couldn't help but laugh a little at himself upon the revelation. "That is a very pretty name, ma'am." He watched closely as she continued talking, but Jade couldn't get his mind off of her ability to speak without actually moving her lips. It was mind boggling, especially considering his teacher was the only mage Jade had previously interacted with, ever. So mind boggling in fact, that he could barely stutter out a response when asked about his presence in Ace of Spades. "Oh! Uh, yeah I've... uh, never been here before." Jade caught himself staring at Velvet and looked away. "I was looking... for the Sabertooth... guild."

Jade couldn't help himself, his curiosity had peaked. "Listen, I don't mean to be pushy, but how do you do that?" He asked, leaning forward a little bit. "The whole speaking without moving your lips thing?"
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 16th August 2020, 2:57 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Tagged: @tagged

Jade's comment about Velvet's name being a pretty one almost caught her off-guard, but she didn't let it show. Instead she listened to what he had to say and she smiled warmly as he mentioned Sabertooth. [color=#6699ff]"I can help you with finding the guild. I am a member of Sabertooth myself. If you just follow me, I can guide you there." she said softly, her breeze changing direction as she turned so that it was now feeling the air and the objects and people in the direction directly in front of her. As she began to walk though, Jade asked her a question which truly caught her off-guard; he was curious as to how she talked without opening her mouth. It wasn't a secret of course, but it was rare that people actually asked her how she did it. She kept walking, but turned her head as if to look at him as she gave her reply.

"I was unfortunately born without a voice. My father taught me my magic and the powers it had. One of the things he taught me was how to send my thoughts through my magic to mimic speech." she explained, trying to keep it as simple as possible. Not many people would understand it. She didn't fully understand it herself. "It can be difficult sometimes though...if I cannot use my magic, I cannot communicate the same way you do." she continued, before deciding to change the subject. "But enough about me. What brings you to Sabertooth?"

IVYLEAF33

Bulwark
    Bulwark

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Bulwark 19th August 2020, 12:31 pm

Bulwark ╪ D Rank

Walking further into Ace of Spades, Jade's attention was on Velvet. He kept pace with her while she told him about her ability to speak and how it was attached to her control over her magic. For a new mage, it was very entertaining to listen to. Eventually the conversation switched to Jade's reason for joining Sabertooth. He took a moment to think about his reasons. Nothing concrete came up, as he had no real die-hard motivation to become a guild-affiliated mage. He could have just as easily become a baker's assistant.

Then again, bakers didn't have such an adventurous career. After his slight pause, the defense mage shrugged and turned to his feline guide. "Hmm, don't know. I wanted to be a mage for a living, I guess. Thought it would be fun, and my family told me the best way to do that was to join a guild. So I contacted other guilds... but none of them really worked out for me." Jade scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile. "Dies Irae was way too extreme and the Rune Knights straight up denied my application, so I came to Sabertooth."

After crossing the bridge and arriving at the foot of Ace of Spades' tall castle towers, Jade paused to look up with a child-like glee. "It's even more impressive up close. Does this all really belong to a single guild?"
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 20th August 2020, 2:34 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Tagged: @Bulwark

It was Velvet's turn to listen now as Jade began talking about his aspirations. His aim was simply to be a mage for a living, which was understandable given the lifestyle mages had. Sure it was dangerous - Velvet had heard far too many stories regarding the likes of Victoria, Luna and the ever-absent Samira who would do dangerous jobs regularly - but there was a certain thrill behind such work, and the rewards were beyond worthwhile. Apparently Jade had been looking for a guild in particular, most likely due to the innumerable contacts and network that a guild would have built up over time. He'd contacted Dies Irae, which was a very serious, extreme guild - Velvet had heard they were almost like bounty hunters - so Jade had backed away. The Rune Knights had outright rejected his application, which was somewhat surprising. So here he was in Ace of Spades. Velvet smiled cheekily. "So...Sabertooth was your last resort." she joked.

As they arrived at Sabertooth's castle, Velvet could hear the awe in Jade's voice as he asked her if all of this really belonged to the guild. She released a silent giggle and nodded. "All of this and more. I personally enjoy Lion Beach, but there are many places that the guild owns that I haven't been to yet." she replied as they stepped in through the large castle gates. Once inside, Velvet came to a stop and closed her eyes before pushing her magical energy out, feeling for anyone nearby who might be able to find an Ace or even the guildmaster herself to help Jade out. "There is usually someone around at this time...it's just a matter of finding them..."

IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 11:38 pm