Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

To My Disappointment... [Intro]

Rune Felcrest
    Rune Felcrest

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Lord Vincent Felcrest
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Runic Magic
    Second Skill: --
    Third Skill: --

To My Disappointment... [Intro] Empty To My Disappointment... [Intro]

Post by Rune Felcrest 1st August 2020, 4:52 pm

To My Disappointment... [Intro] O4TH6pY
    THE HEART IS A HEAVY BURDEN TO BEAR
    (YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT)

"Freya..."
    The soft gentle tone the youth exuded was one of pure love and fondness - one born from a bond only siblings could truly understand. His azure blue gaze gleaned softly at nothing in particular as he held the old black phone to his ear. He could hear his sister's voice on the other end as it crackled to life - full of joy and vibrancy - one that he missed dearly and hoped to hear it in person someday soon. Maybe when he visited their home again - he was sure Freya and the servants would like that very much. He'd even cook them all dinner. He smiled despite himself releasing a small chuckle - he could just imagine their faces...

"Well, you sound happy big brother! But I don't think that's why you're calling." Ah, perceptive as always - she was always a smart cookie - even when they were kids - nothing left her quick-witted senses. "No, I suppose not - I was just checking in before I leave today - for... well, my first ever official Rune Knight business." He said hesitantly his tone almost timid as he tried to mask his worries and fears.

"You call me every day though!" She joked sarcastically before letting out a laugh. "But I'm happy for you! Now you're finally obtaining your dream! You've worked really hard for this! Don't get cold feet now!" She admonished him vibrantly her voice a mix of scolding and exasperation.

"You're right - but I-" His sister huffed on the other end of the line already getting irritated of his self-doubt. "But nothing, Rune! Have you've forgotten why our parents gave you your name?" She inquired though they both already knew the answer. "Because father had high hopes of me becoming a Rune Knight, I know, I know." He said flatly his tone going almost icy at the mere mention of their distant and disappeared sire.

"Exactly! And that's why you have no reason to worry! If your name is connected to your job then it's practically fate that you'll succeed!" Rune was pretty sure that wasn't how fate worked but wasn't going to argue with his sister on the subject - much like the rest of their family she inherited the Felcrest's signature "stubborn streak" and wouldn't back down from her beliefs. It truly was a curse if they ever had one.

"Right, right..." He relented his tone tired but endearing. Refocusing he noticed the clock on his dresser and frowned deeply. It seemed whenever he talked to Freya the whole world just became white noise - in fact he missed the alarm that went off twice already! "Ah, my apologies Freya - but it seems like your big brother has to go - the meeting starts in thirty minutes."

The girl whined a bit but otherwise gave in - knowing this was important for him. They said their goodbyes (with intentions to call each other tomorrow) before Rune hung up, fastening his Rune Knight half cloak - to match the rest of his (unfortunately all black) uniform. Making his way towards the door he quickly sheathed his freshly polished saber and briskly walked out - shutting and locking his apartment door as he did so.

Promptly ten minutes later he made his way to the pointed place with a whole twenty minutes to spare. Having been early there were only a handful of other Rune Knight recruits there was well - some others were cutting it a bit close or would possibly be late entirely, but that wasn't any of his business nor should he care that they refused to be punctual. Those in charge would no doubt note their tardiness for future endeavors.

Minutes later, he and the other Rune Knight Privates stood attentive as a senior officer walked through a clipboard in hand. He began listing off names in which each and every recruit replied with a crisp "Here, Sir!" Before he went into an explanation. "Welcome to the Rune Knights, however, you're not exactly Rune Knights quite yet." A wave of murmurs rippled through the line of hopefuls though Rune deigned to stay quiet his face showing perplexion, however.

"Officially, you're just recruits - but once this is over you'll be officially Privates who will be tasked with upholding peace and justice throughout Fiore." The man gazed at the eager youths before him - most were young, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed and had no clue what being a Rune Knight entailed. Most of them would end up quitting the force before getting properly settled - it was the sad truth of such a job, many just didn't have what it takes to be a Rune Knight.

"In a moment one of your superiors will appear and give a speech. Listen to their words and engrave them in your minds. Understand that what you strive for is to bring prosperity to our lands not to covet power or to lord over the weak." He narrowed his eyes at them, knowing full well that some came here just in hopes of getting a bit of power to walk all over those beneath them. It has happened before and no doubt it'll happen again. Luckily, they have gotten better at stamping out those with such thuggish behaviors.

"Now, wait here - you got ten minutes, you can talk but talk among yourselves very quietly." With that, the man left the room leaving the hopefuls to their own devices as they chatted somewhat lively to one another - obviously not taking things very seriously. Rune, however, was far than amused and instead watched and waited - wondering exactly who would enter those doors...
    (930 Words)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

To My Disappointment... [Intro] XMBynrZ
    appmagicbank
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Skill: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: - - -
    Third Skill:

To My Disappointment... [Intro] Empty Re: To My Disappointment... [Intro]

Post by DOPPO 4th August 2020, 12:20 pm

R8I2CHJ.png
    Many of them were probably wondering who exactly would walk through those doors. A man or woman of immense prowess, or perhaps one of the greatest sorcerers in the field? A general of one of the three branches, or maybe some other officer with an ability to raise the spirits of an army of a million? There was no doubt that most recruits had feverish expectations of what the Rune Knights was really like, and had an image of what the people in their force looked and acted like, but for most, it was a rude awakening. The only true sentiment the reality of the Rune Knights their new recruits were often correct about was that it was a group of adult men and women, here to do their jobs. However, nowadays, the force seemed to be getting younger and younger.

The ten minutes passed by swiftly, and the door slowly creaked open as someone pushed it from the other side. Almost all of the recruits stood to attention, their conversations cut short by the sound of that metal door sliding open. Who would it be? What sort of shoes would they get to fill? Many of them could only wonder, and many of them would be confused to see who walked in.

Chiyuki Suzuki—or Doppo, as most people called him, was a lethargic looking man that was easy to pick out from crowds. His hair was a bright, stunning red color and his eyes were a beautiful baby blue. However, standing at a solid five feet and ten inches, he was normally a few inches shorter than his other male coworkers, and he was relatively lean as well. His hair was messy and he had large bags underneath his eyes as if he hadn't slept in days. The expression on his face was weary and inexpressive, and he looked as if he was in his own head most of the time. If not for the sophisticated Rune Knight uniform he shared with the others in that room, no one would know that this unathletic man was a Rune Knight to begin with, let alone someone superior to them. But the truth was that he was an officer—the Major General of the Combat Corps, even, and he was deceptively more skilled and competent than his appearance led him on to be.  

Just earlier that day, an officer had informed him that he was needed in speaking to this fresh batch of recruits, which was odd considering Doppo was far from the speech-giving type. If it wasn't obvious enough, it was hard to listen to or draw inspiration from a man as fatigued and weary as he was. Maybe in his alternate form, he could easily get people's attention, if not intimidate him, but now...? Well, whatever the case, the redhead knew that it was his job to do, and the sooner he did it, the sooner he could eat. He had even brought his special plate today, so he knew he'd really treat himself after this.

"Right, so... good afternoon, everyone... I'm Major General Suzuki, but I guess Doppo works, too... I'm not very good with speeches, so I'll get straight to the point." Doppo came to the front of the room and began to awkwardly rub the back of his neck. When he looked around the room, he noticed how young these men and women were. They couldn't have been younger than eighteen or nineteen. In a way, he envied how they all knew that they wanted to take on such a responsibility at this age, but he also knew that many of the faces he'd see here today wouldn't last any longer than a week. "From now on, you all are responsible for the lives of hundreds, if not thousands... you represent something much bigger than yourself, and you have a very important job to do... It is not easy, and it doesn't get easier, and the criticism you receive as a result of failing to do your job is much greater than the praise you'll get from doing everything right... and, uh... " Doppo looked up just slightly, wondering what else to say. Honestly, this was his best speech yet. After his previous ones, he actually gave some thought on what to say, and this seemed a lot longer on paper, but apparently it wasn't so much when said. "Any questions...?"

Post Word Count: 734 | Total Word Count: 1664 | Needed Word Count: 5000
    Health: xxx/ xxx | Magical Power: xxx/ xxx | Sleepiness: Infinite
    Passives and Spells Used:
    Testing:
    Equipment Passives and Abilities Used:
    Testing:

""

@Ryuusei

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rune Felcrest
    Rune Felcrest

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Rune Felcrest 14th August 2020, 10:32 am

From the moment DOPPO waltzed into the room Rune knew from a glance that the man would be a tiresome sort. It wasn't arrogance if you were right. The superior officer lacked an aura of authority - lacked the hardened glint in his eyes, the stern frown, the straight shoulders.

He was the complete and utter difference of his father. The man was the type his sire would often disparage and mock when deep in his cups after another bout of failed training.

Everything about him screamed "incompetence" and the noble couldn't help but feel himself be filled with the revoltingly acidic and bitter taste of the emotion only known as, disappoint.

This man was a complete disappointment.

Rune felt it was a testament of his honed discipline and skill that he managed to keep his face completely neutral - stony - and denying even a trace of emotion on his visage - known would know what he was thinking.

Even if his thoughts were a whirlwind of various volatile feelings threatening to split his careful facade in twine. Still, he held himself together - refusing to ruin his father's reputable reputation by making a fool of himself.

As "Suzuki" ended his "speech" with all the vigor of a comatose patient - the initiates looked at him with various degrees of expressions - as though they were flabbergasted at his mere presence. Many projecting what Rune was unable to show himself. They too thought the same thing no doubt:

"Are you really a Rune Knight?" one asked, the young man was quite tall, stalky even, with tousled brown hair, a slather of freckles, and quite boring dark brown eyes. He looked like he came from the countryside and spoke with a twang and unculturedness that basically confirmed it.

His tone was sarcastic, nigh mocking as he gained a few subtle shifts and glances, one recruit even let out a low chuckle at the young man's bluntness.

Rune himself found the youth's inelegance as deplorable regardless if he had low expectations for the senior Rune Knight in front of them. Truly some people were just so uncivilized! Yet, the youth was not finished - completely oblivious to his problematic mouth and lack of respect towards his betters.

"I mean, can you even fight? How'd they let someone like you into the Rune Knights? If you can get in - then I'm sure anyone could!" He mocked with a challenging personality - vulgar and disrespectful - as expected from those probably raised in a barn.

As the man went quiet so did the rest of the room - the other Rune Knight hopefuls no longer found the country bumpkin's words as funny and even the one who let out the chuckle looked highly uncomfortable. The youth laughed like he had made an amusing joke - yet his idiocy made him unaware that he was the only one in the room who found himself funny.

If anything, Rune was actually intrigued. While he wouldn't go as far as to say the man, DOPPO was utterly useless - as you had to have SOME skill to be a Knight. He felt by appearance alone that the red-haired man was unassuming at best and rather lackadaisical at worst - but weak, he highly doubted it. So, with a shrewd curiosity, the nobleman watched with bated breath he didn't know he was holding - wondering what DOPPO would do in retaliation...

(572 Words)

appmagicbank
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 14th August 2020, 1:21 pm

R8I2CHJ.png
    "Retaliation" was a funny word. It was something Doppo knew very well and yet exercised very little in everyday exchanges. While he had come far as a sorcerer and an officer of the state, his portfolio of achievements growing with each passing day and helping his subordinates better themselves with each training, one of the many things that remained constant in the redhead's life was his obliviousness to social cues and sarcasm. He took most things literally and very rarely took offense since most things went completely over his head. He believed that people were being earnest, so he responded in earnest as well. So when the brunette farmboy made a jeering comment questioning the Major General's competence and usefulness, Doppo... well...

"Oh. Yes, I am... here..." he pulled out his official Rune Knight pendant to show the lineup of recruits, in which he donned as a necklace, "I can fight, too... but not everyone is able to enlist... a lot of times, people will join and then quit because they can't handle the pressure... or the stress gets to be too much... it can be a very upsetting job sometimes... so..." Doppo put his pendant back around his neck and looked at the mocking farmboy with that deadpan look of his, "I hope that answers your question..."

Needless to say, Doppo could never read a room. When he saw how uncomfortable everyone was, it never really registered that they were uncomfortable to begin with. It was hard to pick on someone who didn't take offense to whatever was being said, let alone picked up on the fact that it was meant to offend them or get a rise out of them. So, with that said, Doppo felt noon creep up on him, and his long-awaited meal was in his office.

"Erm... " Doppo rubbed the back of his neck apprehensively as he tried to find something to say, "For those of you joining the Combat Corps, you'll see me tomorrow for morning exercises... uhm... are there any other questions...?"

Post Word Count: 340 | Total Word Count: 2576 | Needed Word Count: 5000
    Health: xxx/ xxx | Magical Power: xxx/ xxx | Sleepiness: Infinite
    Passives and Spells Used:
    Testing:
    Equipment Passives and Abilities Used:
    Testing:

""

@Rune Felcrest

Rune Felcrest
    Rune Felcrest

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Rune Felcrest 2nd September 2020, 11:02 am

The disbelief was palpable as utter disbelief flooded through each and every recruit in the room. Rune himself was nearly close to facepalming at the sheer stupidity of it all. Though he restrained himself with the strictest of wills.

It dawned on him from his near aneurysm that this man would be his instructor as the blond was in the Combat Corps. Rune felt as though he made a horrible mistake and was tempted to ask for his reassignment just to ease the embarrassment that he felt for even interacting with this man. Alas, life was not that kind and he'd have to grin and bear it, unfortunately.

At the dismissal, Rune made his way out of the room in defeat - resigning himself to his fate come to the morrow. He'd be sure to rant to his sister for a while tonight, that was for sure.

Night came and went and dawn slowly crept over the horizon blessing the world with its incandescent light. Rune, for the first time since his childhood, lacked the motivation to make his way out of bed. But as the minutes ticked by and his alarm rang for the second time within a few minutes - he groused his way out of bed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he made his way to the bathroom to relieve himself and bathe.

Thirty minutes later, now dressed in his Combat Corps outfit he made his way out the door - far less eager than he was the day before - yet still holding the resolve to achieve something of himself. This whole scenario would be a mere setback, a bump on the road to success - nothing would stop him from achieving his dream, not even a lazy instructor.

Making he was to the self-same room he was in before he let out the tiniest of sighs as he realized he was one of the first people there. No doubt the others were less enthusiastic about this so-called "training" as well and were happy to take their time.

Not that Rune could blame them. He could only hope that the multitude of gods and goddesses out there could grant them mercy and make this day go by faster than usual - if only to end it sooner. Or at least bless them with a competent instructor.

But he sorely doubted most Gods granted miracles...

(395 Words)
    (1880 Words Total)

appmagicbank
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 10th September 2020, 6:52 pm

"HEY! There you two are! You guys think this is some kind of joke?!"

The door slammed open, and storming into the room he had briefed new recruits in just a day before was a muscular, angry-looking redhead. His uniform was identical to Doppo's, and yet he looked so different... and acted differently too. He had a glare in his eyes that made it feel like if you stepped too close, he'd tear you apart. But even after the sudden hair growth, change in build, and a transformed demeanor, it was still Major General Suzuki—except he had his sights on the two privates standing in this room right now.

"Morning exercises started five minutes ago. Did you two really think we'd train inside the building? Does this look like a gym to you?" Doppo glared at them, his voice rising as he held the door open behind him, "You have ten seconds to be out of this room and out in front of the building with the rest of them. O.K?"

There were only two of them in the room right now—the blonde man and the fellow who had a lot of strange questions yesterday. He didn't have anything against them personally, but he found that he was taken a lot more seriously when taking up this form than his normal one. His colleagues, as they've told him, coined it as "intimidating" and "shocking." Doppo didn't know what all that was about, but he knew that he never liked having a beard, but he hardly had control over it when his magic was active.

"NOW!"

WC: 265 | Total WC: 3236 | WC Needed: ??? @Rune Felcrest ""
    Template by ivyleaf33

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 12:55 am