Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY (FAUSTEIN, LUPA/ODHRAN)

Completed EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY (FAUSTEIN, LUPA/ODHRAN)

Post by Guest 2nd July 2020, 8:34 am

Exam Sign-up Thread FROM THE (B)ESTIAL TO THE (A)NTHROPOMORPHIC

Required Minimum WC: 2000

Some time had passed since Faustein’s latest job, this one being going along with a fellow guildmate by the name, “Seika” to accompany a mad scientist by the name of “Dr. Stein” to the Clover Town zoo and assisting him in injecting the animals with a special serum that the aforementioned mad scientist had christened as the “Beta Evolution Drug”. Since his return after the completion of that particular job, he had immersed himself once again in the daily routine of his profession as a practicing physician-scientist and of course, in his ongoing mad science research as well. Things had been peaceful and rather uneventful so, naturally, he had been intending to intensify the progress of his latest project so that he could expedite its completion and proceed to the next related subject of research. Lately though, it had seemed that there were rumors floating about his impending rank up to A-class in terms of wizard level, but he was never really too concerned about that. All he ever was truly concerned about was his mad science research and his ultimate goal which was to eventually unlock and master all the secrets of both magic and nature, so he had paid these rumors no heed. Little did he know that there was indeed a kernel of truth to these rumors.

It all started one morning during the week wherein he had been staying over at the guild to take care of some errands he had to perform for various reasons. He had come out of his guild hall quarters/his mad science lab/lair of diabolical evil #2 and had been about to proceed on the path to the mess hall when he noticed something different about the thick, heavy solid lead door which guarded the entryway into his sanctum sanctorum. On its surface was a rather a note from the guild’s Ace of Creation, a man named “Odhran Aegisbane”.  To Faustein’s great chagrin this note was clearly, but very crudely glitter-glued on so there was no easy way to remove it.

How irksome, was it truly imperative for him to deface my sacred grounds in this vile manner?

Faustein sighed in exasperation while grumbling thus silently as he beheld the sight of his lab’s defaced door, but unfortunately, he could not set about rectifying Odhran’s mistake, for the note had what seemed to be a mission for him which Odhran wanted done in his stead. So, he begrudging perused the note and its contents.

Faustien! As you are aware, I am a very busy man with very busy and very evil things to do. This mission required a lot of subtlety, so I couldn’t bring along my goodest puppy, Lupa. Well, she’s been a bit wired up lately, and I imagine even more so with me gone. Anyways, I need you to dog-sit her for the day. Don’t really know where everyone else went, but I should probably be back eventually. Just care for her until then. Make sure to take her for a walk! Or flight...or saunter. There’s a bag of treats and a leash for her in the kitchen. Toodles!

Now, there was very little if at all in the entirety of Earthland which could take Faustein by surprise, but this note left by Odhran had done just that. By the time he was done perusing the note, he was actually slack-jawed due to the sheer degree of surprise that note had afflicted on his already unstable psyche. In fact, the surprise was so great that he actually ended up dropping the note to the ground due to having let go of it from the shock.

THIS was the raison d'être for his act of vandalism against my door? This man is TRULY insufferable, indeed. As if that were not egregious enough, he actually spelled my name wrong as well. If there was a choice in this matter, this mission would have been rejected outright by me, but sadly, it seems that the issue is non-negotiable even in the least degree, ah woe is me.

Faustein grumbled silently as he read through and realized that this allegedly important mission that Odhran had for him to do was nothing more or less than a rather mundane dog-sitting job, one that apparently involved his pet winged wolf, “Lupa”. However, his hands were tied in the matter, so after sighing again in exasperation, Faustein shuffled over to the kitchen area in the guild hall and immediately located the bag of canine-specific edibles labeled “Doggy Treats” and the leash, both of which were mentioned in the note left for him.

Hmm, employing that leash with that behemoth of a wolf spirit is a Sisyphean task, so perhaps it would be prudent to ignore it. However, even though carrying that large bag of edibles seems to be too much of a royal pain, perhaps it will be necessary to gain that organism’s obedience for this mission.

Musing thus silently, he collected the bag of treats and then headed off to find Lupa, but since he surmised that expending his energy to manually search for her was an inefficient way to go about finding her, he decided to take advantage of her keen olfactory ability to lure her to his position instead. So, with that in mind, he took out a handful of treats and tied them to a 10 ft long fishing pole he found in the guild hall. Then, he held the pole out and waited for Lupa to come to him as per his plan. A few minutes passed with nothing much happening, but then he heard the sound of something running towards him and soon, he was witness to the sight of the giant winged wolf, aka Lupa, which was many times his size bounding towards him, with her lupine eyes clearly fixated on the snacks which he had strung out on the fishing pole currently held in his hands. Naturally, his caniphobia overtook him and thus even though his mind knew that he had to stand firm, his body refused and thus the de facto action he took was dropping the fishing pole to the ground and then teleporting backwards away from Lupa by using his “Medical Art: Xénosómectomy” spell with a terrified look on his face and then collapsed to the guild hall floor, sweating bullets all over and of course, with his eye wide open and his whole body shuddering in abject terror.

Curses, this is going to be quite the troublesome mission, I perceive. Then again, perhaps it was my faux pas in not posting a noticeable memorandum for the entirety of Elysium about my caniphobia…

He mused silently while watching Lupa wolf down the treats ravenously and wondered why he of all the members of Elysium was saddled with the responsibility of handling Lupa for the day in Odhran’s stead. However, he did not have much longer to dwell on it as Lupa’s eyes now moved him since she was apparently done eating and as he watched, she took a flying leap towards him. Sadly, he was neither fast enough to physically move out of her way nor to activate his teleport spell again to magically evade her.

Consequently, she essentially pounced on him, causing his body to fly backward and slam hard against the wall behind, leading to him being knocked out cold for the next couple of hours. After that, he slowly managed to regain consciousness and the first thing he noticed was Lupa licking him while whining and barking occasionally, but naturally he could not understand her

My brain does not contain data on canine language, and thus it is impossible for us to converse in this manner."

However, Lupa just stared at him with a blank look on her face and tilted her head to the side with an Awoo? noise as if to ask him

What do you mean?

Faustein sighed, realizing that he was going to have a great deal of problems with this particular job/mission.

So, was I saddled with this mission in order to force me to face my caniphobia and come to terms with it? Or was it out of sheer indolence which Odhran is infamous for? Oh well, whatever the reason, this mission is impossible for me unless there is way in which my caniphobia can be suppressed for the duration of this affair. Now then, the amygdala is the part of my brain which deals with phobias and in my case, my caniphobia, so perhaps it were to be flooded with an overwhelming density of mana, then it might just be possible to suppress the fear reaction that my body and mind manifest when faced with canine species of any sort.

With that thought in mind, he closed his eyes for several moments and channeled a large portion of his mana into his brain, specifically into the amygdala region, and in so doing was able to temporarily and forcefully suppress his burgeoning caniphobia. Needless to say, this was merely a stopgap measure and not a permanent solution, but at least it would last for the next 24 hours or so. Then, he opened his eyes and realized that his experiment trial was successful, and this was something unexpected for him since it was a plan he had devised and implemented in a remarkably short span of time, literally just over the past few moments.

Well now, that was actually successful? This is a surprising turn of events, and one that is very strange indeed. Oh well, that can be investigated in further detail later. For now, this mission takes precedence.

He mused silently and then sat up, causing Lupa to step backwards a few paces. Then, he arose and moved towards her while pondering on how to proceed with handling her

Perhaps it would be prudent to explore the various commands she responds to in order to determine the extent of control possible.

Now that he had this initial plan, Faustein went ahead and gave it the usual commands he knew were used with canine species.

Sit!!…Down!!…Stay!!…Come!!…Off!!...Don’t touch!!...Heel!!

Accordingly, in response to each of these, Lupa first sat on her haunches, then lay down on the floor, then got up again, after which she came towards him, but then stopped with all four feet on the ground and avoided coming too close to him.

This canine familiar, Lupa, is remarkably intelligent. Well, at least Odhran can be credited with an effective training method for Lupa.

He mused silently and then started to walk towards the main door of the guild hall after using the “Come” command again, causing Lupa to follow along outside. He surmised that she probably wanted to be taken outside now that she had her meal and so he asked her

Do you wish to stretch your wings and fly?

In response, she bounded towards him, threw him over her back, and then took off into the air in one smooth, swift maneuver while uttering a piercingly loud howl, one that clearly indicated her currently joyful, enthused mood. Faustein barely managed to stay upright and due to her flight velocity, he was just able to keep hold and not fall off her back. It took several hours, but eventually it seemed that she was satisfied after having traversed the entirety of Fiore’s skies and so, she touched down in his hometown, aka Magnolia Town, and more specifically in its famous South Gate Park. Unfortunately for him, the landing ended up throwing off her back and sent him crashing onto the grounds of the park. Luckily though, he managed to shift his trajectory just enough to land on the grass and this avoided a potentially fatal collision of the occipital region of his cranium, aka the back of his head, with the hard rocks strewn about on the ground. Regardless, the crash landing had left him bruised and battered all over, but unfortunately, his mission was not yet done for it was only the afternoon and so, the day was not yet over.

So, he proceeded to sit up, making sure to move in a very gingerly fashion in order to avoid exacerbating the pain from his injuries. During this time, apparently Lupa had found a stick she liked, or in her case a whole, fairly large, thick and heavy, but also dead tree branch. She had brought it over while he was busy sitting up and was now waiting with the branch held in her mouth as if asking him to play the usual canine related game called “Fetch” with her. Faustein sighed once again in exasperation as he realized that handling Lupa, albeit only for a day, was going to leave him thoroughly exhausted and heavily injured as well by the end of said day. However, orders were orders and so he could not refuse them. Therefore, he put out his hand and used the “Don’t Touch!!” command, which caused her to drop the tree branch into his outstretched hands. Initially, he was almost forced to the ground due to the branch’s surprising great mass and weight. However, thankfully, he was able to use his “Body Manipulation Art: Musculature Reinforcement” spell just in the nick of time.

This spell flooded the musculature throughout his entire body with his mana and boosted his physical prowess to a significant degree which then allowed him to raise the branch back up again and wield it without detriment to his maneuverability or health as well. So, since Lupa was waiting for him with a look of anticipation on her lupine visage, he slid his right foot back, braced himself, and then heaved his right upper limb which held the branch forward while swinging his right foot forward again while raising his left to counterbalance his body weight which was leaning anteriorly at present. As a result, the branch went hurtling through the air and landed several meters away from their location. Then, he pointed at it while looking at Lupa and said

Fetch!!

In response, Lupa bounded away towards the branch and moments later ran back towards him. However, unlike last time, he was prepared to handle her during this encounter. So, he gave another command

Sit!!

Lupa responded by abruptly lowering her speed of motion which unfortunately caused her to slip and slide on the wet grass to a halt about half a meter away from him. This time, he made sure to sidestep as well, so he did not end up in same vulnerable position he did earlier while at the guild hall. However, the spray of mud and dirt which she had thrown up due to her abrupt halt did end up covering both of them from head to toe, causing him to sigh yet again in exasperation

Holy Heisenberg, that was not an intelligent option at all. Note to self, never use the “Sit” command whilst Lupa is in motion.

However, he could not be worried about that since Lupa was once again waiting with that same expectant look on her face, so he continued the game of “Fetch” with her again and again, until finally, when several more hours had passed and it was late afternoon, she was finally satisfied at last, at least with her experience of the game anyway. However, since she still had an expectant, excited look on her face, Faustein asked her

Do you wish for me to accompany you on a stroll through the park?

Her response was a loud series of barking noises which seemed to indicate that she did indeed want to go for a stroll through South Gate Park. So, with no other choice in the matter, Faustein sighed and accompanied her on her stroll through the park grounds, or to be more precise the entirety of the vast area covered by the park grounds. Fortunately, caked with mud and dirt all over as he was, no one was able to recognize him in such a sorry state, so he gave a silent thanks for this blessing in disguise. By the time Lupa was satisfied with the amount of exercise she had gotten, it was early evening and she looked as though she wanted to return to the guild hall for her evening meal and a nice, long rest. So, he suggested to her

Let us return to our guild hall then, shall we?

That prompted her to throw him over onto her back, although this time, he managed to somehow land in an upright position. Then, she took off into the air and flew back all the way to the land of Sin and then touched down at the guild hall. Then, he led her inside with the “Come” command, but then figured he should clean her up and then take a bath as well, so he directed her to the guild hall’s bathhouse which was thankfully empty at this late hour. Then, he proceeded to give her a bath and a thorough cleansing to remove the thick coating of dirt and grime which had gotten onto her from all that play time she had in the park. Afterwards, he dried her off with a towel and a hair dryer and then proceeded to doff his dirty clothes and then take a bath as well, not really caring that Lupa was a female or that she was right there in the bathhouse with him since she was not a human, but rather just a wolf spirit instead. Hell, he really would not have cared a whit even if any other random females of any sort were to see him whilst he was naked because he was, after all, a mad physician-scientist extraordinaire, and so these petty societal norms and mores such as public decency or modesty of bodily display which the rest of the populace seemed to worry about on a daily basis were absolutely none of his concern. Thus, it did not take very long for him either and before too much time had passed, he was finished with his bath as well and then donned the clean change of clothing he had brought with him from his room earlier. After that, he led Lupa outside into the guild hall’s kitchen where he filled her bowl with the treats from the bag Odhran had left for him and then sat down in a nearby chair, waiting patiently till she was done.

Finally, it is complete, my mission for today had been accomplished successfully. Now, a relaxing rest and respite from this nightmare is in order.

Faustein mused silently as he watched her eat, but somewhere along the way both he and Lupa yawned, indicating that both of them were utterly sleepy. So, he led her back to Odhran’s room and made her remain there with the “Sit” and “Stay” commands before turning to head back to his own quarters. Unfortunately, it was at this point that his pent up exhaustion had finally overtaken him and so, he fell backwards and was completely and deeply asleep even before he hit the ground or what he thought was the ground, but in reality it felt more like a soft pillow instead and this was because Lupa had caught him on her back, saving him from another potentially lethal concussion after which she fell asleep on the same spot as well with him draped across her back, locked in a deep slumber but those bruises and other wounds he had received earlier in the day were still very much visible to any who cared to check on him. Whenever it was that Odhran would come back, he would find both Faustein and Lupa fast asleep at his doorstep. Unbeknownst to Faustein, however, he had just managed to clear his B-class to A-class rank-up examination successfully, but for now he was far away in the land of dreams, so this information would have to be revealed to him whenever he woke up again.

[/b]

OOC:

WC: 3332/2000

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 6:36 am