Purchase Proof: Linked Here!
Description: Once upon a time, there was an ancient user of Chromomancy who fell in love with a woman from the Pergrande Kingdom. Although it pained both of them to be parted from each other, their lifestyles were simply too different, and after several years of marriage, they separated. However, the spellcaster left behind a legacy that would eventually become the root of the Taneda family tree. All of her ancestors have had a bit of Chromomancy imbedded within their cores, but in Seika, it has manifested more powerfully than the past generations.
For this reason, she displayed magical traits more clearly and was targeted for it by those among the anti-magic populace of the Kingdom. However much she endured as a result of her lineage, it did grant her certain powers based on the bloodline. Chromomancy is also occasionally called Chromatic Reading and Colormancy. Seika prefers to just call it Color Reading, and it is the ability of divination through colors. By reading different hues, it is possible to predict events of the future. Furthermore, this can be used to understand the happenings of the past, as well as of the present but simply from another location. The inner workings of this type of divination are mysterious, and some even claim that it holds the key to understanding the contents of another's mind, heart, and soul, through an enhanced understanding of magical insights.
Despite being a color mage by blood, with control over pigments and light, Seika's own personal experiences have caused her to focus on other aspects of magic as well. In particular, she has a fondness for bubbles and flames of all sorts, whether that be expressed through foam or sparks. This can be credited to her bond with a spirit named Aphelia, whose essence is formed from pure magic, bubbles, and flames. Over time, Seika's other magics and the ones she has learned from Aphelia have leaked into her body such that her entire being was impacted in an unchangeable way.
- Divine Fizelyite Blessing: Seika can listen to the thoughts of the gods and interpret their will based on the results of color divining. Occasionally, this also allows her to gain insight into other people or creatures' intentions, feelings, or desires. She can see into shielded or locked rooms, and if she so desires she may "read" another individual's fortune to produce a possibility of future events but has no effect whatsoever on what will happen. Seika may also attempt to utilize these abilities of divination to better understand the past and get glimpses of what happened. All of the above abilities require OOC agreement to function on players or player owned NPCs. Because she has seen so many things, Seika's mind and memories are naturally protected against intruders, but she can be forgetful at times since some of her own experiences have been blocked off. Through the hardness of crystal, implemented into her own magical core, Seika has been changed in several ways. She gains 50% of her base MP as additional base MP, but loses base HP equal to this increase. In addition, she has an extra 50% of her base spell durability added on, but she cannot have any HP buffs work on her to increase her total HP. Her base spell speed and range are increased by 50% of its value as well, but Seika's base physical and magical resistance are decreased by 50% each. She also cannot increase her own character melee damage through buffs.
- Camera Lucida: Through her love for taking pictures and admiring perfect scenes and such, Seika has come to an understanding of the best way to wear, utilize, and hide equipment on her person. For this reason, she is able to bring accouterments along with her and not display the presence of equipment visibly to others. She has also learned how to bend the light to attempt to hide objects or even people in nearly plain sight. As a result, by manipulating the power of light and particles, Seika may superimpose images onto things, including herself. In this way, she can change the appearance of clothes or things with a realistic rendering of changed color, shape, perspective, etc. Any illusion effects will only work on or against players or player owned NPCs with OOC permission. At will, Seika may pick up, throw, crush, or otherwise destroy or touch a non-magical object not player or player NPC owned. Depending on the color of the object, her magic may take on that color until she does the same with a different object or purifies her magical memory. This color has no effect on combat.
- The Rainbow Effect: With her rainbow-enhanced faculties, Seika often experiences windfalls, random bouts of good luck that bring about happy endings like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. OOC, she can claim double the jewels from jobs. Seika can also receive an equipment reward for a job of the grade specified in the Tables and FAQs, but any equipment gained in this way is player bound. IC, these windfalls may manifest as a lucky open room in a crowded inn, finding a golden bracelet in the middle of a forest, managing to not get eaten by werewolves while surrounded, etc. The possibilities for plottiness are endless and only limited by brainpower. Unfortunately, the luckiness surrounding her life does not necessarily extend to her magical prowess. Seika cannot use counters for immobilizes or debuffs, either from casting them herself or being the target of someone else's counter effect.
- Overflowing Dazzle: Seika and Aphelia's bond has given both of them properties of each others' magic, spilling over into different usable forms. Seika gains three user ranked signature spells up to A, each assigned to a different magic, along with two user ranked advanced spells, one up to S+ and one up to H+. When she desires, she may push further light magic into her spells, giving them a faint glow effect that only serves to illuminate a small area around the spell. Her eyes and skin can give off a faint glimmer when it is dark enough, and she gains night vision. When she touches ordinary objects, Seika may leave behind glowing finger prints or a small amount of her aura that causes it to glow gently. This can be used on players' items with OOC permission and can be used on living things with their consent IC.
Through her close relationship with Aphelia, the spirit has begun to feel the effects of Chromomancy on herself. She receives an additional two abilities that rank up with the user up to S; however, the feline natures are especially vulnerable to draining or burning effects, meaning neither mage nor bond pet can benefit from counters to them. When Seika hits 0 HP, alternatively to being killed or rendered unconscious, she is able to dissolve into a mixture of sparkling bubbles and fragments of color that can float up into the sky or otherwise dissipate. These remains will eventually reform into a living Seika by the time the next thread takes place.
- Grace of the Archmage: Blessed by the original capacities of her ancestor, Seika gains 5 normal spell slots, which cannot be assigned ranks that break the caps in the magic rules, like no having more than 30 D spells. However, despite the new knowledge available to her, she cannot cast these ancient spells with much efficiency. Therefore, their MP cost is increased by 50%, which cannot be removed in any way, and MP cost reductions do not apply to them. Seika also gains 5 advanced spell slots that must be assigned ranks following the caps in the magic rules, like one S+, two A+, etc. However, as a result of gaining this magical flexibility, she loses the ability to have magical resistance or physical resistance buffs work on her. In addition, the archmage's secret teachings have led the mage to learn the ability to summon one additional ally at a time to fight on the field. As a consequence, channeling this amount of summoning magic is extremely taxing on Seika, and she is slowed by 50% of her base speed while this summon is present. Additionally, she may use both zodiac and immaculate in the same magic, but not changing the number of spell slots present. Finally, Seika's connection to other spirits allows her to have one additional combat pet, and this pet naturally comes with two extra abilities up to S.
- Meyoco Wonderland: Seika can create bubbles, sparks, rainbows, or flame effects at any time, so long as she is able to access her magic. These do not do any damage and are purely for aesthetic effect but can be interacted with physically in the case of bubbles. These last indefinitely but can be dissipated at her will and have no combat effect except for plot, requiring OOC agreement. Furthermore, she may travel in a giant bubble at normal character speed or alternatively on a shower of sparks. A flurry of miniature sparks or bubbles can also be put under allies' feet and function like magical winged sandals, allowing them to float along at the speed they would normally go. At will, she can manipulate her bubbles to capture liquids, gases, or even solids, so long as they are non magical or for plot purposes (i.e. picking up hot chocolate in a bubble in order to feed it to a fish). In addition, Seika may change the original sweet flavor of her bubbles to give it the taste and scent of a particular food or other flavor she has in her memory of once eating. Needs OOC permission to be used on players' things.
In cold climates, Seika's magic appears to change, with bubbles becoming snowflakes and sparks becoming small flurries of snow. Rainbows remain the same, while flames only have their color changed to be tinged blue and white. However, the actual magic remains the same, so for example bubble-snowflakes interact with things in the way bubbles do and are, for all purposes, bubbles. Upon being touched or reaching the ground, all magic reverts back to its original appearance. When Seika's bubbles created out of combat pop, they leave behind a slightly sweet taste and scent, and can be eaten for fun. While her sparks, rainbows, and flames don't have the same substance and can't really be eaten by normal people, they leave the air smelling fresh and slightly sweet.
Last edited by Ran on 20th July 2020, 8:45 am; edited 18 times in total