Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Babysitting the Rich

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 5,576,695

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Magic: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Magic: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Babysitting the Rich - Page 2 Empty Re: Babysitting the Rich

Post by Mythal Ragnos 14th July 2021, 6:24 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    563/5407 words || @Trinity  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    The last person he was expecting to see in Sin was Aeron, which was kind of an oxymoron in its own right. The last place he had seen her, the place that her guild had called home, had been the barren wasteland. But given the guild’s disbanding, he figured all of its members would go running for the hills to get as far away from the terrible land. He never imagined that anyone would remain, though there was certainly a place for it. The guildhall was still rumored to be around, hidden from prying eyes and it would make for a good base of operation if anyone willed it. That or a place to simply be away from anyone and everyone -- which ironically made it perfect for Aeron.

She didn’t look any different from the last time, though a bit more surprised to see him there. He gave his hand a light shake, freeing himself of the remainder of his spell before he turned to face her fully. “Uh… hey,” he said, almost absent-mindedly. The Director truly hadn’t expected to run into anyone while he was training, so he hadn’t mentally prepared himself to converse. For people like Mythal, it took a great deal of mental and emotional preparation to go about his day and talk to others like himself. Though the Faera’s influence on his emotions was gone, the specter of its effects still clung to him, mostly out of habit. The former dark mage, if she was truly former, asked him what he was doing there, a deserved question, considering the location.

“Well uh…” he said, reaching up to scratch the back of his head. “The last time we was here, I got ta’ thinkin’. I’d been hopin’ to get back into trainin’ my martial arts and wanted something similar to what I went through to learn it in the first place. I was trained in a Midian monk complex and they went hard in makin’ us work. I thought about goin’ back there but ya know, I learned all I had’ta there. So when I saw how wild this place was, it made me think; this would be a good place to work on some stuff. Truly put my skills to the test, ya know?” he explained, idly gesturing to the land around them.

“Granted…” he started to continue but gave himself a moment to reflect. As much as he liked Aeron, he wasn’t entirely sure where she stood yet. And admitting that his magic had changed seemed like valuable knowledge that a dark guild could use. He didn’t think Aeron would necessarily let that slip but if Thana were to find out, even on accident… “Granted it was gonna to be a lot tougher and unexpected but, seems to have worked out so far. But enough about me; what’re you doin’ here? I’d heard that Elysium had split apart shortly after the… uh… attack on Fairy Tail.” That left a bitter taste in his mouth. Fairy Tail had been his original guild and was Vandrad’s home at the moment. The damage and destruction there had been a personal insult to him and frankly, Elysium had put itself in the very real danger of being attack not just by the members of Fairy Tail but Mythal himself.

“Are ya okay? You uh… look good so I’m guessin’ yer doin’ well.”

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Trinity
    Trinity

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Avatar of Ataxia
    Position : Warlord of Madness
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 2,056,796

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Physio Manipulation
    Second Magic: Mania
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 16th July 2021, 6:24 pm

I CREATED THE SOUND OF MADNESS
    WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN
    SOMEHOW I'M STILL HERE TO EXPLAIN

--- THAT THE DARKEST HOUR NEVER COMES IN THE NIGHT ---
    Well, this was awkward.

Both of them were equally as stunned to see the other, and given that neither were particularly well versed in social mannerisms, it surely would have been quite the show for any passing onlookers. Mythal shook loose the spell he had been holding, the energy evaporating into the air as he turned to look at her full on. She asked why he was there and he went into a somewhat sheepish explanation about how the last time he’d been there during their mission, he had apparently decided that Sin was the perfect place to get in some additional training to hone his martial arts.

Aeron heard most of his explanation. Most of it. But the truth was, as soon as Mythal had reached his hand up to scratch behind his head, the brunette’s eyes were drawn down the length of his exposed torso in a way she had never experienced before. His chiseled chest hit her like a sack full of bricks in the most unexpected way. Her cerulean eyes widened, and given that she wasn’t exactly the most self aware of individuals, she had no idea that she was staring at him so obviously.

Eye contact.

Her gaze suddenly snapped back up to Mythal’s her cheeks going even more red than they had at the end of the battle with the mountainous monster, a slight look of embarrassed panic on her face that she tried, and failed, to mask. All she could do was stand there and attempt to fight the blush back as he finished explaining that the major perk to training in Sin was that it would keep him constantly on his toes. With that answer out of the way, he shifted the focus back to Aeron, asking what she was doing there. He had heard about Elysium’s supposed disbandment after the attack on Fairy Tail, and frankly bringing the attack up at all had weirdly, thankfully, been enough to sober her up a bit a get over her mortification enough to start talking again. Though, come to think of it, it was a bit weird that he wasn’t trying to arrest her on the spot just from that alone. Sure they had gotten along well enough, but they were still enemies at the end of the day, and he had the right to lock her up just for being associated with Elysium at this point.

She looked away, her cheeks still a little red though not as bad as before as he complimented her. “Oh, uh… Thanks,” she responded stupidly, suddenly a little more self conscious about her appearance than she could ever remember being before. “I’m… okay, I guess. Alive.”

Digging the toe of her boot into the dirt a little, Aeron tried to figure out what to say next. When she did speak up again, her voice was softer than normal, perhaps even a bit sad. “They’re all gone… Janet… Odhran… the rest of the guild.  It’s just me left. Well, me and Thana, but she’s not here right now. I don’t… I don’t actually know what happened. I just came back one day and everyone was gone. Didn’t really know what to do, and didn’t really have anywhere else to go, so… I’ve just been here, at what’s left of the guild.” She gestured broadly from the direction she’d come, indicating that the base for the once elusive dark guild was much nearer to Mythal’s chosen training grounds than he had likely realized. This, despite the fact that there were no obvious structures in sight.

Finally, she managed to look up at him again, her expression curious before she shook her head a bit ruefully. “You came all this way to punch some monsters? And I thought Thana was fucking nuts… How long have you been out here?”
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 639/6329 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 17th July 2021, 3:50 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    781/6188 words || @Trinity  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    Mythal was not the most aware of social cues. Even when he was, he usually elected to ignore them if they had any kind of hindrance on his own actions. If they fell in line or they didn’t interfere in his routine, then he was willing to, at least, attempt to follow what was considered protocol. So as he attempted to explain, in a rational way, why he had returned to Sin, he couldn’t help that Aeron seemed… distracted. Her eyes were as wide as saucers and her attention seemed less on his eyes and more on everything below. He managed to finish the details but his brow was furrowed in slight confusion as he looked at her, now more confused than anything else. Was she… checking him out?

For a woman that seemed to despise people, her eyes did seem to be analyzing him. It was only after the silence turned into that of a deafening orchestra that her attention returned to him and her face turned to a shade of red that he was honestly concerned it had drained blood from the rest of her body. She managed to regain some composure, shifting the tension with an answer to his compliment and answering his question with a curious, albeit concerning remark. Being okay and alive wasn’t necessarily the best state to be in and he could tell, even before she began explaining, that something was bothering her. Rather than push the topic, he let her work it out in her head before she spoke up once more.

Apparently Elysium was just simply gone; they hadn’t come to some kind of communal decision to break apart and go their separate ways. The guild members had just up and vanished without an explanation. Aeron had just come back from somewhere else and had found her former home empty of its occupants, abandoned. Thana apparently was still around, though she explained that the mad woman wasn’t presently near them. Without a direction or an idea of what to do with herself, Aeron had chosen to stay in the remnants of the guild, idly waving in the direction she had approached. Apparently the former hall was still there and far closer to him than he had expected it to be. He was surprised he hadn’t sensed it earlier but then again, he was still working on figuring out all the new senses he could pick up on. It would take some time for him to truly master it.

“That’s awful…” he said softly, shaking his head. “I’m sorry. I got a pretty good idea what it’s like to have people just up an’ abandon you without reason or explanation. But you were an Ace… a big deal within the guild. To think they just left while you were away…” The Director scoffed in annoyance. Elysium had always painted itself as some kind of juggernaut for righteousness but then they had shown their true colors in Magnolia. Mythal knew that several of the former dark guild’s members had fled to other budding organizations and to think none of them had made any kind of attempt to reach out and explain. Aeron was part of a dark guild, sure… but she seemed a decent person. One that had gotten caught up in a wave of companionship. He knew that all too well, though his result had come out in a far different manner.

Now that she had calmed herself down, she turned the questions back on him. The idea of him returning just to fight monsters was, apparently, a bit of a crazy one and she wondered how long he had been in Sin. “Uh… this is only my second day. I can pop back and forth between here and Era pretty easily. And yeah, Seri thought it was a bit nuts too. But I’ve uh… recently had some changes happenin’ and I need a place where I can truly feel my power without puttin’ anyone else in danger. No one is gonna miss a few monsters from Sin, right?” He gave her a soft shrug. “Don’t’cha get lonely out here? I can’t imagine Thana is anythin’ akin to good company. And I know you ain’t exactly a people person but I imagine havin’ some kind of interaction, however brief, is gotta help with the boredom.”

Mythal glanced in the direction that she had indicated only moments ago. “Is the guild hall like… cloaked or somethin’? Or did you guys dig yourselves a really pretty pit to hang out in?” It was his attempt at breaking the obvious tension, a soft but self-amused smirk on his lips as his eyes flitted back to meet hers.

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Trinity
    Trinity

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 17th July 2021, 6:09 pm

WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN

He expressed his condolences for her being left behind, admitted that he was familiar with the feeling. Though, he felt that, as an ace, she should have been given the respect of at least an answer to what happened. It was her turn to scratch the back of her head a bit sheepishly. “To be honest, I wasn’t much of an ace. I was never as into it as Thana was. The only reason I accepted the role was because I didn’t know how to turn it down without sounding ungrateful. The responsibility was… a bit much. I never knew what I was doing half the time, and having people looking up to me for… for direction and guidance and answers... “ Aeron shook her head a little. “I never wanted any of that. All I ever wanted was to be left alone.”

Responsibility had been more than a little uncomfortable to her, and it had put her in a number of positions that she didn’t know how to deal with, making it more and more apparent that -- unlike Thana -- there wasn’t anything inherently dark or evil about Aeron. She wasn’t the type to go out of her way to help people, but she was never exactly looking to hurt anyone, either.

He told her it was his second day in Sin, though his magic allowed him to jump hundreds if not thousands of miles from Sin to Era and back as he pleased. It was a skill she was more than a little envious of, knowing how easily she could have used an ability like that to evade a lot of her problems. Aeron did frown a little in confusion at one part of his answer, but let him finish speaking as he asked about her state of solace and how it was affecting her. “I’d rather be bored than on the run,” she told him. Then, after a moment of thought, she added, “Thana has had her moments in the past of being decent. She’s an awful person, don’t get me wrong, but she is usually there for me in her own fucked up way. Granted, I still appreciate that she’s usually off on her own -- I can only stand being around her for so long. And she usually leaves me Darius. He sort of counts as company, I suppose. He’s…”

Her voice trailed off, the woman not entirely sure what to say about Darius, who was a closely guarded secret that she had never really talked to anyone else about. “He’s complicated to explain,” she finally told him. Mythal looked about and asked about the guildhall, not seeing any obvious structures in the area. “It’s really well hidden. Only reason I know I’m still safe here, even with all these monsters roaming about.” Stopping to think again for a moment, she tossed an idea back and forth in her head, and by the way her stance shifted a bit awkwardly, Mythal would probably be able to tell she was wrestling with something. In the end, she decided it couldn’t hurt anything. The hall was completely abandoned, so who was she going to endanger? And for that matter, why would she care? Aside from maybe Janet, Aeron didn’t owe anything to any of the people that had been a part of Elysium.

“You uh… you can come see it, if you want. No one is there anyway except me. I’d feel safer chatting somewhere… less exposed, too.” As strong as both of them were, it still wasn’t really the smartest idea to just be standing around like jackasses around here. Assuming he was interested, Aeron would nod stiffly -- clearly out of her element in volunteering to be social in any capacity -- and start walking back toward the way she had come. Walking carefully, and keeping an eye out for predators, she lead him through a vast bone yard until they reached the skull and rib cage of what had once been a large, tusked monster of some kind. Stepping between the tusks into the underside of the skull, Aeron pulled back a trap door that was masked to blend in with the dirt, revealing a passageway below ground.

Down they descended into a narrow walkway that was lined with torches that automatically lit themselves as they walked along the path until they reached a dead end and a pedestal. Aeron reached out and placed a hand on the pedestal, which flickered in recognition before a portal opened against the wall. On the other side was the splendor of the underground city of Elysium, set in a deep ravine with buildings carved into the side of the cliffs and a labyrinth of bridges leading back and forth across the expanse. It was dimly lit with torches around and the glow from a river of lava that flowed at the base of the ravine far below their feet, but for all its sinister look it was still an admittedly breathtaking sight. Even Aeron had been moved to stop and admire it the first time she had set foot inside.

“Welcome to Elysium. Or well, to the city at least… the guild is further up again.” Giving him a moment to look around and get his bearings, Aeron started moving forward once more, not in any real hurry. “Who’s Seri? You mentioned them before, when you were telling me why you came back here…”
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 906/7235 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 18th July 2021, 3:31 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    739/6927 words || @Trinity  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    Aeron was quick to shut down any ideas that her being an ace meant anything in terms of gaining some kind of appreciation. As she would tell it, she didn’t feel like she offered much as a higher ranking member of the Elysium guild. Thana was far more interested in partaking but for Aeron, she didn’t exactly know how to turn it down and accepted so as not to come across as ungrateful. With the promotion came responsibilities and by her admission, it had become a bit much for her to handle and she kind of just made it up as she went. In the end, Aeron simply wanted solitude. Mythal nodded softly. “I get that. I was like that when I first joined Fairy Tail. Wanted to just make jewel and nothin’ else. Funny how things work out though,” he said with a soft laugh.

Mythal had honestly kind of forgotten about the fact that she had been a dark mage and, as such, was a wanted person. As she spoke up about choosing instead to be bored rather than chased down, the Director nodded his head, reaffirming her words. Apparently, according to her, Thana had proven herself to be a relatively decent person, at least in terms of caring for Aeron. And apparently part of that care came from leaving her a person called Darius, which was an odd statement, especially since she said he kind of counted as company. She tried to find a way to explain Darius and in the end, couldn’t come up with anything. The Rune Knight decided to let that go, his curiosity piqued but not enough for him to push the subject further. As he remarked about the guildhall, Aeron explained that it was well hidden and after a long moment of consideration, she offered him the opportunity to go and see it.

“Oh…” he said, letting out his surprise without a chance to stop it. After a moment he gave a small shake of his head. “I mean yeah, absolutely. Better somewhere safe than out here, right?” he said, taking a small glance at the pile of bodies he had left in his wake. With his agreement, Aeron turned back and guided him in the direction that she had come from. On they went, heading through a large bone yard, filled to the brim with the remains from fallen monsters. Mythal’s eyes traveled slowly around the area as he followed her, scanning over the skeletal remains curiously. As they continued, they came across a large skull, massive tusks erupting from its jaw and a rib cage set below it. Aeron led him under the skull to a trap door, conspicuously disguised to blend in with the ground.

It led into a passage below the ground, a dirt-filled tunnel that was lined with self-lighting torches. At the end was a pedestal, ominously set against the dead end. But as Aeron came within range of it, it automatically opened up a portal against that same wall and as they stepped through, they found themselves before an underground city. Mythal’s mouth opened in a look of shock and awe, his eyes scanning over the expanse of the meticulously carved buildings that had been etched out of the ravine on either side. Bridges were strewn throughout the open air between the cliff walls, creating a veritable web of rope and wood. There were sconces about the city in several different areas, giving it much needed light but below them, on the bottom of the ravine, was a river of glowing, simmering hot magma. It was an ominous sight to behold and true spectacular evidence of how little they had known about Elysium.

“Holy shit,” Mythal said, putting his hands on his waist. “Elysium was an entire city?” he turned to look at Aeron with his question. As he took a moment longer to take everything in, the former dark mage started moving and the Director was forced to catch up to her. “Oh, Seri is Serilda Sinclair, the Field Marshall of the Rune Knights and also my fiance.

“So was the city actually inhabited by other people while the guild was here? I’m assuming you guys used it as free housin’,” Mythal said as he continued to look around. He’d already picked up on several dark points in the immediate area but opted not to pursue them, more interested in just following after Aeron.

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Trinity
    Trinity

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Trinity 19th July 2021, 6:55 pm

WROTE THE BOOK ON PAIN

Unlike Thana, Aeron rarely, if ever, took the time to quiz Darius on the lives of the random people she ran into. Her psychotic companion quite literally got off on knowing all the dirty secrets of the lives of others so she could use that information to torture them to the extreme. Aeron, however, only ever asked for information from Darius if it was necessary for survival. Her reasons for not doing so were two fold. On the one hand, she simply didn’t care enough to exert the energy, particularly given that she didn’t even like ninety-nine percent of the people she met. The other reason was simply that it just felt wrong. In fact, the knowledge that Thana did so actively was absolute confirmation that it was wrong. Aeron had plenty of secrets and preferred to keep to herself, and she would be furious and embarrassed should anyone use similar methods to learn such things about herself. Therefore, it just didn’t sit well with her to do that to others, even if she didn’t care about any of them in the long run.

As such, it came as quite the surprise to her when Mythal admitted so casually that he used to be a member of Fairy Tail. The knowledge left a bitter taste in her mouth, considering everything that had recently transpired between the well known independent guild and Elysium. The attack had probably upset Mythal greatly, not just as a leader of the Rune Knights but on a personal level. How many of his friends had been slaughtered by her guilds actions, she wondered? And yet he was still here, entertaining her company rather than beating her within an inch of her life and throwing her in the slammer, or even outright killing her. She felt like she should say something to him, but what? What could she possibly say that wouldn’t just open a can of worms, or make her look like a fucking moron?

He agreed to taking things inside rather than stand around out in the open like easy prey, and she guided him to the underground city. As most people were upon their first times treading Elysium’s halls, Mythal was absolutely stunned by the realization that Elysium had been more than just a guild, and was rather a city. She nodded. “Yeah, a decent number of people lived here, too. And not all of them were mages or necessarily members of the guild itself. Most of the people who lived out here were just outcasts from their home. People that needed safety or justice that weren’t able to get it from those who were supposed to be protecting them. They were happy here, but… according to Darius, they all left as soon as the guild disbanded. They relied on us to fight up on the surface to bring them food and provisions, so once the mages were gone.. I guess they had to find somewhere else to go.”

The two of them continued to walk, with Mythal explaining that Seri was short for a woman named Serilda Sinclair, who was the primary leader of the Rune Knights and also was engaged to become Mythal’s wife. “Oh. That’s uh… that’s cool, I guess,” was the eloquent response, Aeron not entirely sure what sort of reaction would be most appropriate. She wasn’t exactly used to congratulating couples on… well, being a couple -- which had always struck her as an odd and even borderline stupid gesture. The conversation carried on with Mythal asking more questions about the city itself and the inhabitants that had resided within. “Yeah, more or less. Janet was pretty adamant about making sure everyone was taken care of and had their fair share. She didn’t want anyone to need for anything. As long as everyone agreed to answer to her and the guild for authority, the only things they really had to do was provide what they could to help everyone else out.”

They walked a bit longer before Aeron’s gait slowed to a stop. With some obvious hesitation and anxiety in the way she shifted on her feet, she finally worked up the gumption to say, “Listed… I don’t… I don’t really know how to say this. I just want you to know… I wasn’t there. With Fairy Tail. The attack. I mean I was but…” She nervously rubbed one of her arms, doing her best to come clean with him and touch on what was surely a sensitive subject. “I was a part of the planning… Mostly because I had to be, as an Ace. On the day of the attack, I was supposed to sneak inside the guild with Thana to fuck things up during the chaos, but when the time came I… I ran away.”

She continued to shift uncomfortably on her feet, having an extremely difficult time looking up at him. “Honestly, I wonder some days if that’s why I never heard from anyone when the guild disbanded. They probably think I betrayed them or something. I guess I probably did. I’ve had to hurt people before, kill them even, but… I don’t know, the attack just felt… wrong to me. I can get behind a society for broken misfits like me to feel safe, but actively going out and attacking people… it draws too much attention, y’know? I don’t really like people, but I don’t really want to hurt them, either. Especially in some big show of power that just paints a target on my back bigger than the one that’s already there…”

Aeron was blushing deeply again, though this time her expression was less from being flustered at the sight of him without a shirt on and more from a sense of anxiety or even shame. “I’m sorry… I know that’s probably not worth a whole lot after everything that happened, but... “ Her voice trailed off a bit as she finally lost her words, unable to continue her sentence and simply hoping he could fill in the blanks for what she was feeling and uncertain on how to really express. There was nothing she could have done to stop the attack, even if she had tried. Even trying to alert the local authorities ahead of time would likely have just resulted in her being put in custody. The only thing she could do, the only thing she could think to do at the time, was what she always did best: run away, and put as much distance between herself and the problem as she could.
    deltra of gangnam style
    WORDS: 1902/9137 | TAGS: @Mythal Ragnos

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Character Sheet

Post by Mythal Ragnos 21st July 2021, 4:53 pm

LIGHT
    &
    DARK
    849/7776 words || @Trinity  || job info/job sign-up || short note here
    There simply couldn’t be any way that this town was just abandoned and occupied by the guild solely. If it was, he would have wanted to know more about the history or, at least, whatever they had found. Such elaborate structures underneath the ground was worthy of investigation, even for someone as disinterested in history as Mythal was. Aeron confirmed that there had been a good amount of people living in the city as well. They weren’t just members of the guild but ordinary people that had become outcasts for one reason or another. They had left as soon as the guild members had as well and, considering the arrangement they’d had with the dark guild, it seemed for the better. It was probably safer to leave their former home, in case it became too dangerous from the wildlife or even former guild members coming back for a violent little fun.

Yet it seemed that the agreement between the non-guild members and Elysium had been a fruitful one. Janet, the one that had acted as the master of the guild, had gone out of her way to make sure everyone was happy and comfortable. Her only stipulation seemed to be that she was viewed as the leader and people could come and go as they pleased. They acted more like citizens banding together rather than what could be considered a normal dark guild. In a way, it was too bad -- all that camaraderie and friendship and compassion hadn’t been wasted but it had bound them together on a course that was pitting them against the world. Elysium might have proven fruitful, even beneficial, if it hadn’t been for their awful attack on Magnolia.

A topic that Aeron seemed steadfast in approaching and dealing with sooner rather than later. They had been walking for a bit until Aeron’s gait started to slow and then came to a full stop. Mythal, brow ruffled, looked at her as she seemed to be weighing something in her head. She was moving back and forth from one foot to the other, her face scrunched as she slowly became more resolute on speaking up about whatever was on her mind. Finally she came out with it, confirming that she hadn’t been at the attack on Fairy Tail, or at least involved in it. She had taken part in planning, mostly because of her role as an Ace in the guild. She had been tasked with sneaking into the guildhall and causing a mess along with Thana but instead, Aeron ran away.

As if that wasn’t hard enough, she felt that her abandonment was punishment for her supposed betrayal. And she believed that it was, in fact, her turning her back on the guild. She’d done horrible things before without a second thought, a fact she’d already expressed to him, but the plan against Fairy Tail had rubbed her the wrong way. She could understand the ideology that Elysium stood for but to try and gain momentum by attacking a town had felt wrong. She was anti-social but she wasn’t for the utter annihilation of people either, plus going out and attacking with so much power wasn’t just going to gain the attention of Fairy Tail.

She apologized to him, though she admitted that she didn’t think that would mean much given the circumstances. But before her voice could fully trail off, Mythal spoke up. “It’s fine,” he said, his response swift and concise. After a moment, he reached up and scratched the back of his head. “I mean it ain’t -- that kind of attack ain’t fine in any way. But I understand what yer gettin’ at. And as I’ve told ya before, I understand what the guild was tryin’ to do. It was an honorable goal, one that I get and believe in too. And to tell ya the truth, Aeron, even us legal guild people have to get their hands dirty once in a while. The world ain’t black and white; there’s a whole lotta gray to get lost in.”

“And yeah, I was pretty pissed. But I also knew you weren’t there; at least, that’s what I was led to believe. I read the reports on the attack and nothin’ said anythin’ about you bein’ there. That don’t free you of the guilt of havin’ helped organize it but… when the chips were down and there was only one last exit remainin’, you took it. That means more to me than all the apologies in the world.” He gave her a considered look, one that spoke of his understanding and empathy towards her situation and feelings.

He sighed. “It’s just too bad to hear that Vandrad didn’t manage to kill Thana. I know she’s been there for ya and all but she keeps gettin’ worse and worse. And he ain’t exactly the forgivin’ type. He pulverized her enough that she had to use some kind of devastatin’ attack to get away. That’s twice she’s escaped; if she didn’t make me sick to my stomach, I’d honestly be impressed. Hell, I might be anyway.”

STATISTICS
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 25th July 2021, 9:16 am