Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet)

Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet) Empty Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet)

Post by Luceam 26th May 2020, 6:20 am

Luna's attire:

The midday sun shined warmly down on the private beach, the warm weather accompanied by the gentle waves of the water created a soft and comfortable ambiance. Had it not been for the privatized ownership, this place would have been undoubtedly swarmed with people, the sounds and scent of numerous bodies and their culinary contents polluting the area. However since the beach is private, the natural beauty is preserved in pristine condition. The serenity and the exclusivity were the sole reason that Luna decided on this locale to spend her time.

It was only the night before that she was told by her mother, brother, sister, alleged work wife,  and even a few guild members and various employees of the Red Dragon Tavern told her she needed a break. Three days prior after returning from a arduous and dangerous job where the client refused to pay, her three year younger sister Zina after leaving the special boarding school all family members of mages were expelled had come to live with her instead of returning home to River Village. It was Luna's plan to figure out an employment situation for Zina somewhere in Ace of Spades, but the prospects in that department were slim and frustrating.

On the second day, her mother and half sister planned to visit Luna before they would travel off to meet with others of their tribe. However to add to Luna's stress, Solaris her half sister arrived first and was arrested promptly for entering the bar, due to a arson and disorderly conduct charge from a previous visit. Luna had found Solaris and jail and paid bail, restitution, and emotional damages inflicted as well as covered the medical care bill of the victims. Needless to say Luna was not impressed and her stress seemed to multiply as a result as she still had little success of finding something for Zina. 

The day before Luna had managed to find a good job for Zina as at a small cafe and the debt collector's guild she hired seemed to be making progress with the former client refusing to pay up. That morning things started to look up for the Nature Fairy until just past noon when it all went to hell. She was at the market with her mother when she heard of a fire at the cafe she got Zina a job at. When she got there her worst fear was true, her half sister and biological sister had gotten into a fight and it somehow came to hurt Luna.

Apparently Solaris decided to visit Zina as she was working, and Solaris wasn't known for her emotional sensitivity or judgment, and when bringing up the past and her direct involvement in ruining the life of all five other siblings, an argument piqued out that at first drove away customers, until things literally got heated. From what Luna heard, Solaris lit the place on fire.  It was put out before anyone got hurt, but Zina was fired and Luna was charged with the damages. Following the frustrating encounter, she was called by the debt collector guild who claimed there was a problem and it would take a week to resolve.

Later at home Luna finally hit a breaking point where she snapped, lashing out at almost everyone as the stress had eaten through her patience. After calming down, it was made clear that she was overworked and over-stressed. It took convincing from her mother, Zina, Amelia, and most of the patrons and employees of the bar to make her admit she needs a day off. Amelia and Shirain admitted that they would take care of all the responsibilities Luna had for the next few days, and that she needed to relax. It took two hours of convincing but Luna surrendered to the recommendations of her family, most of a tavern's common population, and an artificial life form.

Meanwhile at the present day Luna had arrived early in the day figuring that the beach would be a peaceful place. In the middle of the beach, she had set up a large umbrella and laid down a towel with a reclined back rest set up next to two bags, one insulated one not. Laying down in the shade she was reading a book, sipping water from a bottle as she was unwinding from the stresses she was faced with lately. She took a moment to look away from her book to check the time on her Infinite Improbability Chronometer. "Time flies huh. Although It's only noon and I already went through over half my books..."

WC 765

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 3,300

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sky Dragon's Dance of Life
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet) Empty Re: Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet)

Post by Velvet Skydancer 31st May 2020, 11:26 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: 452
    Total Word Count: -
    Thread Word Count: -

Tagged: @Luceam
    Job Information: -
    Notes: -

Velvet's Attire:

Lion Beach was a popular spot with the members of Sabertooth to just have some downtime away from everything. Granted, with everyone tying down their jobs both inside and outside of Ace of Spades, their private beach was almost always quiet unless there was some kind of an event on. This had made it a favoured place of one Velvet Skydancer, who had taken to dancing here every morning to wake her body up and keep herself in touch with the skies above. Today had been no different of course; she had woken up early and eaten her breakfast before heading down to the beach where she'd done her usual dance routine. Today had been different from there though. The Red Dragon Inn had decided to give her the day to relax stating that, whilst she was popular amongst the patrons, she would wear herself out by working for the thirteenth day in a row. She couldn't exactly argue against them either, but it had allowed her to remain distracted and take her mind off of things - namely a certain Stormcaller.

With her day now completely opened up, Velvet made her way back to the beach where she would most likely dance some more anyway, and perhaps actually doze on the beach for a while; as it was a private beach with only guild members, she could pretty much completely relax without worrying about any threats. Well, except for one guild member who had a thing for just about any female that had a pulse, but he generally didn't bother Velvet too much.

It was around noon by the time the Skydancer had arrived at the beach again, and it was almost as empty as it had been several hours before. But she could sense once figure not too far away who had not been there before, but one that was familiar; A woman named Luna, a very powerful mage who was well-respected within the guild. She hadn't had the chance to properly meet her, but this magical aura that was emanating from the figure was unmistakable. Velvet froze for a moment. Did she dare go up and speak to her? It was a good opportunity to do so afterall. But then she was relaxing on this beach too, so maybe she didn't want to be disturbed.

After a few moments of debating, Velvet opted to bite the bullet. If she wasn't going to introduce herself now, whilst things were quiet, when would she? She walked towards Luna and bowed in respect as she reached her. "I'm very sorry for disturbing you. My name is Velvet. I...felt I should introduce myself as I've not had the chance to before now."

IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet) Empty Re: Quiet waves don't mean silent days (private, social, w/ Velvet)

Post by Luceam 2nd June 2020, 7:29 pm

As Luna began returning her attention back to the book in her hands, her sixth and seventh senses started to flair and gnaw at her as she sensed the approaching life force reaching the private beach. She sensed the magic accompanying such a life force, knowing it was more then the average person, so she wasn't initially troubled as she assumed it was another member of Sabertooth. "Given the level of strength they're at, it's not Sarah, Mai, or any of the higher ups. I'll leave them be if they don't wanna talk to me. It's their choice." She thought to herself as the feline like woman was not within Luna's sight quite yet. She kept her presence calm as the other mage seemed to start to get closer. However her recent time devoted to the art of medical and medicine practices and honing her magical senses granted her an interesting form of awareness within close proximity as Luna could sense the flow of life within an individual if she focused. 

However as the distance between the two ladies closed, a slow alarm started to go off in the back of Luna's mind as her senses were detecting something strange, or more accurately not detecting something. Luna knew that afflicted areas of a body, such as a paralyzed limb feels differently then a healthy body part, like a dimmer light. Luna could sense two small, almost pockets of the barest of minimum life force in the approaching individual which almost scared Luna. At the back of her mind she was wondering if the girl was injured which prompted her to glance over at the approaching woman discretely. 

As the girl got closer Luna could see the low activity was condensed to be in and right behind both eyes of the woman, however it took her more than a moment to look beyond the superficial layers as she was almost drawn in by the beauty of the woman. It took a deal of focus to not react immediately. She did not want to alarm or scare them off. "Damn, she's gorgeous." When Velvet was a few meters away Luna slid her book mark into the page she was reading and closed the book.

Luna politely turned towards Velvet as she put the book down, and was a little surprised at the sheer formality being shown. She didn't see herself as someone as high authority and was normally uncomfortable with people bowing to her, however this time was slightly different as she was already on the ground, Luna could see the feline ears approach. "Do not scratch those ears, do not scratch those ears, do not scratch those ears." She mentally repeated as she was close to the woman's head as she bowed. However she had a closer look as she tried to deeply sense the life force within the girl and fear that her earlier predictions were right. The life force within and just around her eyes were lower then the rest, but Luna couldn't pin down any one reason, but since she couldn't sense any immediate dangers to the body she hypothesized that whatever is going on has been around for most of Velvet's life. 

Luna chose to avoid the subject of the girl's eyes for now as the girl was clearly able to locate the fairy, know when to stop, demonstrating some form of awareness, and ultimately it would be rude to react to information obtained by relying on a magical sense. She decided to try and casually engage with the woman. "Hello Velvet, I'm Luna, and don't worry, you're not bothering me in the slightest."

She tapped the stack of books she had already read next to her, "Truth is I was running out of books to read." she said in a lighthearted tone. "Wait a minute, isn't this the same Velvet that is popular at the bar? This is just getting more and more confusing." Luna steadied her breathing, maintained her cool. "Just out here to relax, get away from the stress of either nearly dying or nearly losing my mind trying to get ninety things done at once."

WC 692
    PWC 1477
    TWC 1929

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 4th August 2020, 9:17 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: 462
    Total Word Count: 914
    Thread Word Count: 2391

Considering her prior concern with approaching her guildmate, Luna had responded to Velvet incredibly warmly, moreso than she had anticipated. She'd been treated the same way by Gaia the few times they'd bumped into each other of course, but otherwise the catgirl's interactions with her guildmates had been energetic, drunken or outright chaotic and destructive - with Mai being the key instigator of the latter. Now that she was closer to Luna, she became more aware of her magical aura and, more notably, she actually felt it fully for the first time - at least as fully as one could feel magic without being hit by it. This wasn't surprising of course as anyone with this amount of magical power would likely be felt from a considerable distance, but the sheer strength of it still surprised Velvet. Just how powerful WAS Luna?!

The powerful mage explained that, whilst Velvet hadn't disturbed her, she was indeed here to relax and get away from the stresses of her life. Apparently those stresses had led to her reading a considerable number of books, of which the Skydancer could feel a stack of not too far from her, and it was indeed a relatively big stack. She'd actually thought it was a pillar or something at first, but the fact they were books made considerably more sense. Whilst she'd obviously never read anything herself, it was clear that Luna's reading speed and ability far surpassed the normal folk that Velvet had met over the past few years. The more that Velvet learned about Luna, the more awestruck she became. Despite this, she turned her attention back to their conversation. Luna had mentioned that she had 'nearly died' multiple times and this reminded the Skydancer that this was exactly why she had barely had the opportunity to properly meet her.

"You do many very dangerous jobs. I guess it's only natural that you need rest from time to time. I can't imagine doing such jobs and being in such danger..." she began before a gentle and somewhat nervous chuckle would be heard. "...but I suppose that's why you're as strong and respected as you are."

Having been stood still for a short time, Velvet now felt the slight aches in her legs from her constant working. It wasn't something she was all to familiar with nowadays, as her body had grown accustomed to her usual daily routine. But it seemed as if working at the inn was slightly more than her body was used to. She considered sitting down, but there was still that slight nervousness about being around such a powerful member of the guild that she simply couldn't ignore. She bowed her head gently again. "I'm sorry...would you mind if I sit down?"

IVYLEAF33

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 26th August 2020, 7:00 pm

Luna sighed as she analyzed the behavior and mannerisms of the feline attributed mage, and she really felt uneasy. The way Velvet was treating her reminded Luna of her former responsibility as the Guild Master of Aurora, she often faced this kind of attitude, often with an undertone of fear as if someone was facing a queen. In those days, Luna had to remind herself daily that she was no more important then the next or last person no matter her responsibility. As far as she was concerned she was not Velvet's superior, elder family member, or anything of the sort. However Luna knew despite her feelings, she was not able to easily blend as her power was magnitudes different compared to when she was a guild master. Not to mention she had to face the fact that she brought such a reputation as a healer and her stories spread around Ace of Spades as well.

When Velvet asked Luna if she could sit, Luna took a moment to think whether the woman was being polite or believing she was in the presence of a goddess or noble. "Yeah I don't think I wanna know the answer to that and pretend it's the former." Luna suppressed the line of thinking as she chose to at the very least pretend it was the former. Luna moved mover letting there be enough room for the joyan mage underneath the umbrella before patting down beside her. "Of course!" Sit down before you get a burn or something." She said slightly concerned for the girl's skin. "I'm not some fancy noble or a goddess, you don't need to treat me like you'll be swallowed by the earth for upsetting me." She said in an attempt to break the ice to make her dialogue with the girl much more easier.

However as she got closer to the Joyan she was able to sense the abnormalities in the life force of the woman. She knew she had to be careful as otherwise asking could be considerably rude. At the moment there was an internal struggle between Luna, Velvet's close proximity was now driving her opposing instincts wild. Her throat dangling as her eyes longing, the anxiety raised as she was fighting with herself was too hard. Her toes wiggled before she took a deep breath and finally relented, she knew she had to go for it. She took a deep breath as she prepared herself to bring up the subject in a delicate manner.

"Since you heard about me, you probably heard that this form isn't my true one as I am actually a rare kind of Fae, Nature Fairy. Nature Fairies are heavily tuned into the essence of life, Life Force itself. On the surface it is no different from magic sensory, but when I am closer, I can sense more, detailed facts. Like from a distance I can identify someone but when I get close to someone, I can see the flow of Life Force throughout their body." She said as she was slowly preparing to lead Velvet towards her point, trying to be gentle so she doesn't completely blindside the woman. She gave a moment of pause so the fact would be able to sink in before continuing.

"I am just going to ask flat out, are you okay? There is, an unusual abnormality in your eyes, the life force barely flows enough to keep your eyes minimally healthy if it can be called that. I can't sense any. physical blocks right away." She reassuringly put her hand over Velvets and spoke in a soft tone.  "If you don't feel comfortable talking about it, I get it. I am always around if someone needs healing or even someone to listen. My grave got renovated to hold a lot more secrets."

WC 637
    PWC 2120
    TWC 3034

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 13th September 2020, 2:23 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: 502
    Total Word Count: 1416
    Thread Word Count: 3536

Velvet almost jumped out of her skin as a sound emanated from somewhere next to Luna. It took the cat-girl a brief second to realise that the sound had been from her guildmate patting beside her, causing Velvet to blush ever so slightly at almost panicking over something so silly. She bowed her head and gently seated herself beside Luna as the latter explained that she wasn't a noble or indeed any kind of a superior, and to not be afraid. Velvet shook her head and smiled. "I...am not afraid of you." she replied, but opted not to explain as to why. What would she say anyway? That Luna's power reminded Velvet of her father, Hraesvelgr's, power? She'd only just met the woman. Such a statement would be ludicrous.

Luna continued to talk, explaining what she really was and Velvet couldn't stop her ears from twitching as her guildmate described herself. A fae? A rare kind at that? Fae were rare enough - fairy tales were named as such for a reason - before then describing her magic. It was some kind of a sensory magic that allowed her to see their life force, among other more detailed things. It sounded truly fascinating. Velvet had just begun learning to read people's auras so as to tell who was who, but Luna's magic sounded far superior to that.

But then came the question.

The Fae-mage had obviously used her magic, intentionally or otherwise, and see that Velvet's eyes didn't exactly function as they should. Velvet released a loud exhale. For some reason it never got easier explaining that she was blind. But as she was about to begin, she felt something unexpected; Luna had placed her hand atop hers. This sudden contact shocked Velvet for a moment and she nearly recoiled in surprise. Yet, somehow, she didn't. Once the initial shock had passed, she was instead filled with a very different feeling that she rarely felt; safe. This feeling reinvigorated her, and she shook her head in an attempt to reassure Luna. "I am fine, but thank you for the concern. I...was born with some...disabilities. As you have noticed, I cannot see. Well...no, I am learning to see auras. I can tell the difference between light and dark, and I'm learning to see people through their aura. It is taking longer than I'd like though." she began, surprising herself with how open she was suddenly being with someone who, essentially, was a complete stranger. Nonetheless she didn't stop there. "As you have also probably realised by now, I cannot talk either. I have to use my magic to transfer my thoughts into sound." she continued, before releasing another sigh. "It can be...exhausting."

After a moment the Skydancer finally caught herself and realised she had essentially just blasted Luna in the face with information. She blushed as she quickly tried to apologise. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to say all of that. It's just...I...don't get to talk about it properly very often..."

IVYLEAF33

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 15th September 2020, 6:15 pm

Luna was glad to hear that Velvet was comfortable to speak about her blindness and vocal muteness. However what was nagging at Luna was Velvet's reaction to Luna touching her hand, she thought that Velvet was using some form of sensing through magic which was later confirmed when Velvet admitted the suspected theory of sensing through auras. She remained silent and listened as the Joyan explained her ailments before retreating into a state of embarassment. Luna however was more worried about the woman retreating into a state of paranoia about discussing her issues. "Don't worry my confidence is hard to break and I am in no position to judge others, and stuff like this is hard to overcome unless you open up your mind and soul."

Luna took a moment to process all the information she gathered as she was starting to get a feel for the capabilities of the feline woman. "Her entire sense of sight has been replaced with magic sensory, she can register auras so why was she surprised? How does she not notice?" Unless her abilities are unrefined... that would prevent any contradiction in all obtained information." Luna thought as she took into account Velvet's clumsy rumors, poor ocular life force, curse, explanation of her adaptions to her lack of sight and speech, and how she seemed to speak as though Luna outclassed her in magical regards.

She took a moment to think of how to help Velvet. From what it seemed Velvet was only aware of the radiant, Luna's heart was a glorified magical treasure which could easily mask her fingertips. "Your sensing appears a little rough around the edges, as you said you might be learning but I think I might be able to help you out." She said adjusting her posture as she prepared to compose herself to guide Velvet into seeing the world. "I can't offer you sight or the stars, but I think I can help you expand your current sight. I wasn't able to diagnose by glance at the start. It took me some work to get where I am, but I think I can guide you if you want."

Luna got onto her knees preparing to guide Velvet into a new form of observing the world. "I believe trying to see people is leaving you blind, so I want to help you see the world first." She said softly, not wanting to pressure the woman but did want to be supportive.

WC 412
    PWC 2532
    TWC 3948

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 11:37 pm