• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Galactic Gladiatorial Games

Fraag
    Fraag

Player 
    Lineage : Incarnata of Nine Souls
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 668,548

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Winter God Slayer
    Second Magic: Percipience of the Deep Atheneum
    Third Magic: Demiurge of Primal Matter

Galactic Gladiatorial Games Empty Galactic Gladiatorial Games

Post by Fraag on 1st May 2020, 2:36 pm

Shinku. One of the most dangerous places to be in the known regions of space. The name even tended to give baddies the chills. Of course, the fact that it had an interdimensional passageway leading into it from Fiore made the place relatively desirous to dark mages who needed to be away from the law. Most times, the only people you would find here were evil folk on the run from the law, and hunters, out to catch a quarry. Shinku's quarry was quite special and dangerous, and many of the people who saw the blonde-haired Errings Rising mage assumed, if they recognized her guild symbol, that she was probably one of those on the run from the law, although they wondered what someone as harmless-looking as herself would be doing in such a place as rough and decrepit as Shinku. The bolder ones who felt they should ask, and in the ruder colors of the spectrum as expected, quickly served as a warning to the more prudent ones that this young woman probably had every right to be here.

Beira, for her part, was simply here because she was hunting someone. Some rich, spoiled brat from Crocus, who had come to Shinku for reasons she couldn't understand. Someone had once told her that humans had serious issues with goodness; too much of it, and people decided they wanted to become bad, just for the sake of it. This young fool, for instance, had come to Shinku because he had the money to pay for his protection here, and rather good guards as well to defend him. It was all probably some silly 'bravery' contest for bragging rights among his peers. "Hey, you ever been to Shinku? No? Then I'm way cooler than you, because I have, and I got back." But what this poor sod probably did not know was that there were powers beyond his understanding that had manipulated him into being here. Beira had known, when she saw the ring on his finger, that he was most likely an unwitting pawn in some unknown person's games, as she immediately identified it as an Utgardian relic, something that was supposed to have been lost to eons past. It was probably a trap; someone was trying to bait Beira here, and use the spoiled brat as a bait. The bait had worked, in any case, but if Beira had her way, that was as far as the whole trap would be sprung. Whatever was behind the trap was probably an Old One, a member of an ancient evil race that was well tied to Beira's origins, and like her culture, was lost to long forgotten times. Beira had faced Old Ones before and triumphed. She did not fear their tricks.

Presently, she sat in a bar, watching the spoiled brat drinking with his three goons around him. While this was a relatively high-class establishment (after all, the dark side still had class), it was almost empty, probably because the brat had bought most of the spaces therein. That would make the questioning session easier to manage. Rising from where she had secured a seat, her body concealed by her traveling cloak, the Utgardian approached the table and said in a quiet but clear voice, "Greetings. I would like to talk to you." The brat looked genuinely surprised that someone would probably dare to approach him, but his face slowly changed from irritation at being disturbed to something much more vulgar. He whispered something to one of his goons, who rose and went to speak to the owner of the establishment. In a few moments, the place was totally empty. Money was magic of a kind.

Beira was aware of two goons standing behind her chair, but she made no attempt to leave, or show she was ruffled. "What did you say you wanted to see me about?" the opulent brat inquired, licking his lips. He was probably of the same age, probably a bit older than Beira, if looks were to go by. No one would believe it if they knew actually how old Beira was. "Your ring," the Utgardian maiden said innocently, "I would like to ask where you got it. Who gave it to you?" The young rich oaf grinned dangerously. "Why don't we have a bit of fun, first?" he burped. The Utgardian's countenance grew irritated."Show some manners," she replied imperiously, "and be so good as to answer my questions."

The brat's face contorted with rage. Clearly, he was not used to being spoken to like that. One of the thugs standing behind Beira suddenly grabbed a fistful of her hair in one meaty hand, while the other twisted her right arm painfully behind her back, forcing her to rise at the same time. "No one rejects me or keeps me waiting, woman." The other goon grabbed her cloak, pulling it away from the God Slayer to reveal her curvaceous, half-clad form. There were murmurs of lascivious appreciation from the group, and then the brat said with glee, "get her face down on the table and spread her..."

His words were cut short when he noticed that the goon restraining the Utgardian maiden was now a dark purple statue, totally immobile. Beira pulled herself away from the hold of the statue of nether rime, breaking its arms as she did. A dark, ominous aura swirled round her. The second goon made the mistake of throwing a punch. Beira caught the coming fist in her open hand, and the man instantly suffered the same fate as his colleague. Ripping the outstretched arm clean off its body, the God Slayer viciously clobbered the head of the third thug with the makeshift ice club, laying him flat on the ground. The rich slob ran for the door, but Beira got there before him, locking the door swiftly, before grabbing him and smashing him through a table. Then she twisted his arm in a rather unnatural way, taking pleasure in the sickening crunch that emanated from his arm. He shrieked at the top of his lungs.

"Now now, be a dear and calm down," Beira cooed, pulling him to his feet by his broken arm. "Now, let's try the questions again. Where did you get that ring?" Discovering that his screaming did not seem to do him any good, the rich brat decided to cooperate. "Fr-from... from a me-- me-- merchant," he stammered. Beira shook her head in mock disappointment. "That's very vague. Please be more descriptive, or I shall get your face down on that table and spread your-- wait, what did you want to spread again?" A good number of people had heard the screams and were watching the proceedings. None was interested in helping. That was what you got from a place like Shinku that thrived far away from the shadow of the law.

WC: 1147 words
    Total: 1147/...

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Position : Saint of Fortitude
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 949,095

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Bind Magic
    Second Magic: Onmyōdō (The Way of Yin and Yang)
    Third Magic: Second Origin

Galactic Gladiatorial Games Empty Re: Galactic Gladiatorial Games

Post by Mura Kensho on 6th May 2020, 2:04 pm

It had been quite a while since the Guildmaster had been out on an official mission. It was because of his duties here in the guild where his expertise was appreciated and all, but grabbing a request nailed to the job board by a client sure felt nostalgic. Even he, Mura, could get behind some good-old handiwork as a wizard of Fairy Tail.

It all started here in the guild hall of Fairy Tail at the heart of Magnolia. He was busy tying his sandals as everything else on his person was strapped and ready for use - his katana and red dagger, cloak, gi, and the few accessories with magical properties. The greatest accessory being the Guild Mark painted on the left side of his forehead, proudly showing to any who would gaze at him.

“Going on a mission now, Master?” the head bartender, Adam, spoke to grab Mura’s attention. The young Master turned his head to face Adam standing in the middle of the guild hall, having approached Mura all the way from the bar section to quench his curiosity on the wizard’s purposes. “Yep. A young man from Crocus is reported missing,” Mura explained to Adam as he finished tying his right sandal, “And believe it or not, he was reported wishing to go to the Wakusei Portals… I don’t know exactly why, though.” The young Master cupped his chin in deep thought over what could have been the cause of the missing man’s desire to enter the mysterious portals that led to what people called ‘dimensions’ and ‘planets’, or other planes of existences beyond Earthland. “Hmh… he comes from a wealthy family, that much I can tell. Maybe he wanted to try something new.” Anyway, it wasn’t exactly part of his mission; he just had to find and bring back the poor, lost dude… okay, not poor, but the rich, lost dude. He rose up on his feet, stretched his arms, grabbed the handles of both his weapons - Harusame, his short katana with a blue streamline of a gem, and Futsu no Mitama no Tsurugi, a mouthful of a name for a small, red dagger.

“I’ll be out for a while! The Aces watch over while I’m gone…!” he bid the guild and Adam farewell before walking out of the opened gates of the guild hall, stepping feet onto the bricked Dragonbane Avenue and suddenly flipping gravity a middle finger as he just flew up without any charge or kickstart.

The portals were located in a sacred site somewhere in Earthland, but despite not having a map and going by memory, Mura had little to no issues finding this place simply because people whom he asked for directions knew very precisely where this strange, world-bending place was located. It had been sought out and travelled through by many adventurers, and heck, for a while in the past, Fairy Tail’s guild hall was located on one of the planets that this site held. Ah, a beautiful, jungle-like wildlife of a planet that, up to this point today, must’ve grown out all of the guild hall’s interior and exterior with vines and leaves…

… Now came the hard part. Mura gently panted his feet on the marble-like floor and eyed the portals in front of him. However, which one did the missing lad go through? He would have to think this through… now, what kind of information did the client give him in her request? Yes, the client was actually the missing person’s mother, and she had written something ala this:

My son planned to entertain himself at one of the worlds that Wakusei Portals take you to. He is not alone; we had given him a unit of guards to watch over him. If you find the guards, then he will be there.

… Bummer. No guards were left outside of one of the portals. Welp, guess Mura had to try one portal at a time… unless…

“*cough* … Man, where will a rich, handsome fella like me go to have a good time, eh, folks?” he spoke up loud. There were no guards or guard-looking folks, but there were a couple vagabonds, guildless wizards and hooded figures spread around. One of them approached Mura, and the young Fairy Tail Wizard thought that he was posing just like the rich, lost guy who must’ve done this kind of ‘hey, give me suggestions, I’m bored and rich as fuck, make my day’ himself. Maybe, said hooded guy who approached him would treat him the same.

“… Uhm, Mura Kensho, right?” the hooded blonde addressed him. Shit, he knew about him, which resulted in a couple seconds of awkward silence between them. “… Y-Ye, sorry about that,” Mura replied, “Uh, forget what I did, and uh… y-you kinda ruined my plan, there. I was gonna… y’know-“ “I, uh… it’s cool to meet you in person, but what was your plan, exactly?” the hooded guy cut him short, clearly smarter than most around here. Mura sighed and decided to explain directly instead of playing scenes like these as if he was some kind of detective: “I’m looking for a rich dude with a gang of guards around him who wanted to hang out at one of these worlds… figured that if I replicated something a rich boy from Crocus would do, then I would end at the same location.” The hooded guy chuckled a bit and responded to Mura’s surprise: “I think I know who you’re looking for. A dude with a group of guards went through the portal to Shinku. You should check the places and inns there, I’m sure he’s still partying or something… or whatever rich people do.”

Nice! If the hooded guy was right, then the lost kid would still be found in Shinku at this moment. Mura bowed in gratitude and flew through the portal, warping towards the world of Shinku, a few moments later located what looked like lightyears away from Earthland. And this was Mura’s first time in this place, too… however, it didn’t really bother him that much.

“S-Shinku, huh? That’s a Midian word, isn’t it?”
    “It sounds Midian. I’m pretty sure one of your techniques is called-“
    “Shinku Buddha Kiri (Vacuum Buddha Slash)! They ripped it from me!”
    They?”
    “W-Well, whoever named this dumb place!”

The two orbs of ghostly life energy - the samurai ghost Kyuken, and the dragon ghost Zirconis - commented on this eerie-looking place. It felt like walking in Sin again…

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

A bar had its doors closed up by someone. And as a certain, blonde woman with such fine figure was threatening the lost kid that Mura was looking for, the latter busted the doors open with a single push by his hand. Through the entrance to the almost empty bar, he walked with an aura that smelled like shrubbery, salty water from the ocean, burning coal, magma and rusty iron. His gaze was sharp and full of intent to gain an explanation from the lady who was hurting his client’s son.

“So would you be a dear and let go of my client’s son?” he spoke up clear and loud to all of them, already having manifested a steel log to emerge from the ground beneath Beira without waiting for her response. It was intended to grab her arm and pull her off from the lad, who would probably be a little pissed that his mother was requesting his return.

WC. 1247

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Fiorian Theme:

Midian Theme:

Fraag
    Fraag

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Fraag on 6th May 2020, 3:58 pm

It was such a shame that of even those that this little punk had paid to render him favors, such as give him total and exclusive access to this drinking joint, an act that had miserably backfired on his face, nobody sought to help him, even as his money jangled in their pockets. Beira was sure she would have probably felt sorry for him, if he had not been the one who'd attempted to be so rude to her. At any rate, all she wanted was information concerning where he had gotten the ring on his finger. And if it meant breaking his arm again, she was quite ready to do so. Well, fortunately for him, the Utgardian was not really interested in gaining possession of the ring. The sooner he answered her questions, the sooner she would let him go, that is, if he didn't go ahead and do something stupid that would probably cost him his life.

Beira's Slayer senses picked up a curious smell, like a strange mixture of natural scents and something reminiscent of a forge. She looked up in surprise, as the door to the establishment exploded, and a boy walked in. Dark-haired, and dark eyed fellow, probably a bit younger than she was, not so bad to look at, though his hair and laid back appearance made him look a little like some sort of slouch. But there was something about him that seemed familiar. Whatever it was, Beira was sure she had never met this fellow before, and yet... yet she could swear she had seen him before. A little draft of wind gusted into the bar, ruffling his hair and revealing the turquoise guild seal on his forehead. She had seen that face on a magazine. Her eyes slowly widened as recognition set in. This was none other than the one called the Wizard Saint of Fortitude, Mura Kensho, guild master of the independent guild Fairy Tail.

Her surprise quickly transformed into alertness, as a steel pole erupted from beneath her, causing the Winter God Slayer to quickly leap away from the rich punk and perform a graceful back flip to land easily on her feet, watching with disgust as the punk hobbled over to Mura Kensho and positioned himself behind the Wizard Saint, pointing animatedly at her. "Kill the crazy bitch!" he yelled in a nasal wail. "She just came in and tried to kill me. I'm sure she must be some assassin sent to try to eliminate me from the world and rid this existence of one of the greatest potential leaders to--" suddenly he stopped, and his complexion faded. "Wait. Did... did my ma send you?" His voice was shaky as he asked, only realizing then that the Fairy Tail mage had mentioned that he was his client's son.

Beira watched the spoiled brat's antics, and the shook her head. "You wouldn't be Mura Kensho, would you?" she asked, walking past the steel log, though her eyes darted towards it to make sure that it was all solid and non-moving. "Like, the great Mura Kensho, Fairy Tail leader and Wizard Saint of Fortitude? I'd have been quite impressed, if I wasn't disappointed. I didn't think someone of your ilk and caliber would play the toothed lapdog of the rot at the helm of society. That's a let down really. And what's the point of asking a lady, when you won't even wait for her to give her consent?" the God Slayer continued, casting another glance at the steel log. "I expected better manners from you, Wizard Saint of Fortitude."

As she spoke, she drew nearer, and her eyes moved from Mura to the sniveling rich brat behind him. "Seeing as I'm the only one with manners here, I'm going to be cordial enough and ask you, would you be so kind enough as to give myself and your client's son just one or two minutes of your time? We were approaching a rather-- ah, intimate part of our... discussion when you showed up. And while, like every other country girl, I'm rather blown away by your august presence, I must insist you grant my request and let me have my way with that unfortunate waste of space behind you. A poor choice for an evening such as this, but he'll have to do. They can't always be all perfect now, can they? Don't worry, I'll be nice. I don't bite... much. And I promise I'll return him when I'm done. At least his mama will be able to recognize him, or what's left of him."

WC: 766 words
    Total: 3160/...

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho on 7th May 2020, 2:53 pm

The rich lad was found. Luckily, he was found before the tall woman could hurt him, and as he cowered behind the Guildmaster of Fairy Tail, Mura found his mission proceeding accordingly. From the man’s explanation, the woman had probably been sent as an assassin to kill him, which did raise some questions; even though he was totally a rich kid, why would an assassin like her go after him to begin with? Or was it merely the infamous hospitality of Shinku that led to this moment? Hopefully, he would stay the hell away from this place in the future.

And he didn’t seem like leader material. Take that from an actual leader, boy.

“Yeah, she’s pretty worried about you,” Mura explained to the lad, his eyes squinting sharply at the poor coin master who just smelled of… well, Louie, “And I bet that she’d whoop your ass the moment you return. Why you’re here to begin with eludes me.” His eyes rose up to face the strange woman’s own, sky-blue eyes as she addressed him. She knew him too, but her first impression was akin to many; impressed and disappointed. He was a Wizard Saint, but he didn’t exactly look the part… or, well, she also didn’t like how he stood up for the young man whose mother was his client and all. Toothed lapdog or whatever, a servant of the top society, all of that - Mura took this mission on a whim, honestly. He just wanted to bring the young man back to his parents safe and sound, and yet people always found fault in him and his ways. It was bound.

Kyuken and Zirconis eyed the tall, buxom lady too. Kyuken, especially, was quite tranced as he caught small glimpses of her firm, hourglass figure underneath her cloak. Kyuken was aproud admirer of womanly beauty, so obviously, the lady in front of them was a teasing treat for his eyes to strip. “SSS-She’s, yo, look at her… what a beauty. We found a diamond of a treat in this rubble of a planet, don’t ya say?”

“… K-Kyuken, how the hell can you see anything?” Mura would ask his ghost pal. Since Kyuken and Zirconis were of the spiritual plane of existence, it was unlikely that the lady would be able to hear them or even see them unless if she possessed shamanistic powers or an innate connection to the realm of dead spirits and souls.

She seemed intent on just needing a couple minutes with this guy. Given by her words, she was far from done with her ‘discussion’ with him, but Mura had seen and heard enough. She was bad news, and she would need to know that getting to him meant having to exalt force enough to take him down first. The shaman scratched his head and sighed: “I’m clearly getting the wrong vibe from you. C’mon, kid; let’s get you home.” Mura would approach the door once more, intent on just - yes - leaving this woman here alone. He had a mission to complete, after all.

“She won’t be able to touch you as long as I’m here - let’s be honest.”

WC: 531
    TWC: 1778

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Fiorian Theme:

Midian Theme:

Fraag
    Fraag

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Fraag on 8th May 2020, 1:27 pm

Perhaps on a normal day, Beira would have probably just shrugged and allowed the two to leave; there wasn't much to some lousy idiot trying to feel like he was tough just because he had the money to throw around and hire big muscle with. Today however, she was feeling particularly insulted, because it seemed everyone had just assumed that she was some assassin sent to off this inconsequential meatbag, when that was not the case at all. Beira herself felt she would be most sorry for anyone who thought this young idiot was worth wasting assassins on, unless they were probably trying to get at his more important parents. And it was because of this loser's important parents that he could attempt to break the rules wherever he went, with the assurance that no matter what tomfoolery he engaged himself in, he would definitely be protected by his parents' money, and their high social standing. Like now. Another thing that the Utgardian found rather insufferable was the fact that it seemed her presence was inconsequential, since Mura Kensho was here. For someone who had been royalty growing up, that was an insult to her pride.

In any case, despite her irritation at these perceived slights, the sensible part of her mind had cautioned the God Slayer that it would not be wise in the slightest to get on the bad side of a Wizard Saint of Fiore. After all, he had definitely done quite a number of amazing things to get into the spotlight. Though Beira had grown some measures since getting to Fiore, she was more or less unknown, at any rate. It still didn't give anyone the privilege to apparently walk all over her. This was why she had been in search of power. So that injustices like this would be avenged, as it was certain that might made right everywhere. If you were strong, you made the rules. The weak would just have to obey, or get obliterated. Beira stopped walking as shesighed and shook her head. 'Wrong vibes' was not a very flattering label. Despite her strivings, perhaps she was not strong enough. Not yet. She would get stronger, so that such a situation as this would not go down without her earning the right to make her voice heard. To be fair to Mura Kensho though, Beira had not exactly given an explanation as to what she was doing to the rich miscreant. Well, Mura hadn't asked. She would let this slide, even though she could feel the insult keenly. The God Slayer took a few deep breaths, counting in her mind, as she calmed herself. She was controlling her rage, despite the fact that she was being walked out on. Control was always good.

Then it happened. As the Wizard Saint herded the rich oaf out of the bar, the fool had the guts to turn and make an obscene gesture at Beira with the hand of his unbroken arm, being confident of Mura's words that the Wizard Saint would protect him from Beira. Beira stared wide-eyed at the insulting gesture, her face slowly turning red as she realized she was being further insulted. She had tried to maintain decorum, despite the fact that she had been assaulted and insulted, and all she got was more disrespect. This could not be borne. "How-- dare-- you!" the God Slayer growled, her rage building to a fever pitch as she drew on her magical reserves. Ever since coming to Fiore, Beira didn't think she had been this angry before. Maybe, against the better voice of caution, she would give rein to her rage, and bear the consequences gladly. The atmospheric temperature dropped sharply, as a number of bottles in the room shattered from the sudden change in heat levels. To the surprise of everyone, an ominous wind began to howl, as a blizzard seemed to spring out of nowhere. The rich oaf screamed as he began to feel the effects of Beira's Winter God Chaos. "Help! I'm blind!! Blind!!!". Mura would certainly notice the cold, but he would not experience any negative effects... yet. Beira had no qualms with him, for now.

"Apologies, Wizard Saint," the God Slayer said gently, her voice soft but ominous, as she resumed walking towards the Fairy Tail mage and his ward, "but I have no gripe against you. Your client's child, however, has insulted me for the last time. And I will see that he regrets it. Now, if you please, step aside. While it is a polite request, I shall not be refused." Beira's tone was ladylike and courteous, but beneath the genteel tone was an underlying imperiousness. Somehow, Beira suspected that Mura would not grant her desire. It was well. She had crossed the point of no return.

WC: 801 words
    Total: 4492/...

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho on 22nd May 2020, 11:30 am

… Mura heard her loud and clear. Her growl was low, but it was sharp and stinging. Almost as stinging as the cold that rose in the sudden of this scenario; rather, the temperature dropped like heavy rocks in the air, causing a chill to travel down his arms and neck. This was a terrible cold, and it screamed with an ominous atmosphere that was… that was…

All too familiar to him. This magic…

The blizzard that rose up around her caused Mura to step in between the lady and the rich brat. While the blonde ‘noble’ was screaming, Mura kept his eyes on Beira who apologized rather quickly, stating that she had no qualms against him specifically, but she really had something personal against the kid behind him. He, apparently, insulted her - a few more than one time, even. She sounded like she didn’t want to go through him to get to the blonde lad, but at the same time, she was intent on bringing hell to him for whatever he had done.

“…” Mura’s eyes were sharply aimed at the blonde woman, and for a few moments, it did look like he would jump into battle. However, he quickly turned his face back to the blonde kid and asked: “W-What the hell have you done to her to anger her like this? Don’t tell me that you harassed her like Kyuken used to do…” He cracked his neck and sighed, clearly unamused by the direction that his mission was taking.

“I don’t know what he’s done to you… but I’ve made myself clear. There’s no more to it,” he ended saying to her before turning his back to her once more. He thought for a while, and then he turned back to face her. “… I’ll take his stead. Whatever he owes you, I’ll pay… tenfold.” His hand drew nearer to the handle of his sword, but in reality, he was reaching for his bag of jewels. Yes, during this situation, he figured that she was perhaps a ‘paid’ entertainer that was dissatisfied with the payment of her services, which would explain her previous words and the rich boy’s reckless behavior.

His actions and words looked hostile, but he didn’t think about it. Thoughtless moments like these defined most of his history, to be honest…

WC: 388
    TWC: 1778 + 388 = 2166

Themes:
    Fiorian Theme:

Midian Theme:

Fraag
    Fraag

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Fraag on 23rd May 2020, 12:51 pm

For a moment, it appeared that the Wizard Saint was going to do battle with the Utgardian maiden, and even though she was sure that such a battle was not going to probably end well for her, she had too much pride to simply say something like, "oh okay, I'll just let this one slide, and you just make sure your client never does that again". According to Utgardian tradition, there were three things that one needed to defend desperately, because such things were more important to a person than even life. These things were one's family, one's land, and one's honor, in no general order of significance. Beira presently had no land, and she had no one currently living who was related to her by blood. Of course, she had created bonds with others and those could be defined as family, but none of her present 'family' members was threatened, so these two could not be presently fought for. Her honor, however, had been insulted, and it had to be paid for. The God Slayer preferred blood to be the price of payment in this case, but she liked to think she was not a difficult person, and could be mollified by other means, but these would be according to her standards.

Mura surprisingly appeared unwilling to fight against her, despite the likely possibility that he would come out on top, were he to cross swords with the Winter Goddess. A breath that Beira didn't know was being held inside her chest was let out, albeit quietly enough so that no one would know that she had been nervous. But she maintained a straight face, her sky blue eyes watching with apparent impassiveness as the Wizard Saint turned to chide the spoiled brat, who made some unintelligible noises in response to the accusation leveled his way, although he did not seem as fearful for his life as he had some moments ago. Perhaps it was because she had let down her inclement aura and the depression in temperature that came with it. In any case, the spoiled brat seemed to think that the whole situation had boiled over, and despite his look of unease, he seemed a lot more relieved now.

Whoever Kyuken was, in any case, the Winter God Slayer was not very sure that she wanted to know.

Mura reiterated that the matter was to be dropped, a tone Beira was not particularly pleased with. However, the whole situation was probably taking too long, and the Utgardian was minded to involve herself with things that would be much more pleasant to her than getting insulted and being reminded of how unfair life was in general. As Mura thought, Beira regarded him silently, wondering what he was considering. Then he offered to pay her for whatever loss she had suffered at the hands of the rich miscreant. And tenfold the cost, no less! Beira raised an eyebrow, her expression a slight mix of confusion and curiosity. Exactly what did he intend to pay her with, seeing as honor was much more weighty than money was, at least in Beira's evaluation? Frankly though, as Beira was not as... sophisticated as the present people of the day, her mind did not even move towards a compensation of jewels to make her overlook the slight.

She was still attempting to figure out what the Wizard Saint was planning to use to pay her, when her senses suddenly warned her, by reason of peripheral perception, that there was possible danger afoot. Swiftly, her large blue eyes darted downward to the motion of the Wizard Saint's hand, widening with consternation as she realized, or thought she realized, the destination of his hand. He was reaching for his sword! The tone of his voice had not particularly been placatory, had it? So his solution to the injustice that had been rendered to Beira would be to attempt to cheap shot her with his sword? And he called himself a Wizard Saint, one of the "good guys", whom everyone respected and adored. It was on days like this that Beira wished she had never come to such a place as Fiore, with all its weird mannerisms, and most importantly, its lack of ideals and morals. Imagine people scolding her for having an immoral dress style, and having the moral bankruptcy to set as a Wizard Saint, one who was not above claiming to give recompense for a wrong, while intending to make a sneaky attack with his weapon.

As Beira's eyes darted back to Mura's face, the curiosity was gone, replaced only with silent rage. With her left hand, she tried to prevent the Wizard Saint's sword from reaching its destination, while in the fist of her right hand, which had been drawn up, appeared a thin jagged sword of nether rime, which the Winter Goddess aimed at Mura's throat. She could see the wisdom in the Utgardian belief that when you had identified an enemy, the preemptive strike was always the favored stroke. Beira would not let him attack first. He would not take her by surprise.

WC: 853 words
    Total: 5733/...

Current date/time is 4th June 2020, 3:05 am