Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Book of Anagenesis (Part I and II)

Xagroth
    Xagroth

Player 
    Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Completed The Book of Anagenesis (Part I and II)

Post by Xagroth 17th April 2020, 12:22 pm

The Book of Anagenesis Part I

After his last mission, Xagroth had received a letter from his Guild with some D-rank quests attached to it. "Recover the lost book of Anagenesis from the old city catacombs? This one seems interesting" said Xagroth and wrote a letter to inform the Guild that he'd do this quest first.
    Hargeon's catacombs were located under the center of the city. Years back, the catacombs were used as a burial place, until almost all of the space got filled by bones and skulls. At that point the people of Hargeon thought it would make more sense if they started having more traditional, above ground funerals. That way it would be easier to expand a graveyard, instead of a whole underground catacomb system. Xagroth tried to collect as much information as he could from the townspeople as to not get lost down there. He also visited one of the town's libraries and read some books about the catacombs. He was also lucky enough to find an old map. It was a simple map with not many details but it was better than nothing. After he had done his research, Xagroth took some food and water with him, just in case something happens and he has to stay underground for some days. Lastly, he bought a small lantern and started heading towards the catacombs’ main entrance. After he arrived, he was greeted by a guard that was standing right outside the gate. “This are is off-limits, what’s your business here?” asked the guard. Xagroth simply showed him the quest letter he had received. The guard unlocked the gate and let Xagroth inside. “It’s a lot darker in here than I thought it would be” he said as he took a match out to light his lantern and descend the stairs.
    After the final step, he opened the map and tried to figure out where the book could be.
    He remembered a guy in tavern saying something about a supposed necromancer practicing his magic in the catacombs sometime in the last decade. Rumors said he died by his own magic. “The book of Anagenesis must be his research notes. I wonder who was the one that asked our guild to help find it” was all Xagroth could think. The quest seemed too simple to be posted in a guild’s quest board. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted, due to some bones that fell from a pile in front of him. As he went to investigate, he heard a sound behind him. After turning around, he was met with the sight of a moving skeleton with a small dagger on its hand. “How is this even possible?” he wondered. But that wasn’t the time for questions. Xagroth drew his sword and prepared for battle. The skeleton was slow, but its movements were unpredictable. Still, Xagroth was able to easily dodge the skeletons attack and get on its back to slash it horizontally. The skeleton tried to put itself together and stand on its feet again, but failed to do so. Xagroth went back on the pile of bones that fell down and examined them. One of them was shaped like a key. He searched around for a bit and found a keyhole near the spot where that skeleton had appeared. He put the key into the keyhole, pulled his sword out, got into a defensive stance, and turned the key. To his surprise, nothing out of the ordinary happened. The door unlocked, and some candles lit up. The room was mostly empty. The only things inside were a simple wooden desk, a chair and a chalkboard. He carefully went inside the room and searched for clues. After what seemed like a quarter of an hour, Xagroth finally found a hidden brick switch that upon activation, rotated a section of the wall and revealed what was hidden behind. A note was hanged on the wall. “What’s this? A map?” he asked himself upon inspection. “Don’t tell me this is some kind of treasure hunt now, I thought it was a simple retrieve and deliver quest” he said, looking very annoyed by the situation.
    He decided to search around a bit more to make sure he didn’t miss anything and returned to the surface to ask the townspeople about the map he had found.

end of Part I

WC: 717
    Xagroth
    Xagroth

Player 
    Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Completed Part II

Post by Xagroth 18th April 2020, 1:17 pm

The Book of Anagenesis Part II

There was no one in town that could help Xagroth about the map, so he decided to go to the library and do some research on his own once again. He found many old maps of Hargeon but none of them looked like the one from the Catacombs. As he was searching, an old lady approached Xagroth and looked over his shoulder. “I recognize that place, this is Argat, right?” she said. “Argat?” asked Xagroth, surprised that someone finally recognized the map. The old lady explained that Argat was her place of birth. She was born and raised there until she was a teenager when she moved to Hargeon along with everyone else. Now it’s just a ghost town that has been reclaimed by nature. Xagroth gave some jewels to the old lady but she didn’t accept them. She said she was just happy to help and wished Xagroth luck on his quest before leaving. “Guess I got lucky again” he thought. And he wasn’t wrong. First he found the map with relative ease, which should be harder in a place like Hargeon’s catacombs. Then a random lady appeared out of nowhere and helped him locate the area of the map. It’s like the universe wanted Xagroth to be the one that finishes that quest and made everything easy for him. At any case, he had to go to Argat and continue his search for the book. So he packed his things and left on foot. The old village wasn’t that far, if his calculations were right, he should be there in less than an hour. Xagroth was following a desire path when he heard the sound of a wagon approaching. The wagon stopped in front of him and the driver asked him if he needed a ride. Xagroth explained that he was headed to an old village named Argat. The wagon’s driver didn’t know of such a village but he still offered a ride to Xagroth since he was heading the same way. Xagroth accepted the offer and rode with him until he noticed some houses covered in vines and hidden behind trees. “This should be it” he thought and told the wagon driver that he had arrived at his destination. Xagroth got off the wagon and wished the driver a safe trip. He then took out the map and tried to understand where he was. After noticing some landmarks that had stayed the same, Xagroth was sure he had pinpointed his location and started following the map’s trail. After he arrived at the spot with an “X” marker on the map, he started digging with a small shovel he had brought with him. He did not expect to actually dig like a pirate in kids’ stories, reason why it took him lots of time to actually find something. The sun was starting to set and Xagroth was covered in sweat. Just as he was about to take call it a day and continue tomorrow, he hit something with the shovel. He fell on his knees and started digging the remaining dirt with his hands. After clearing everything around the metal object, he used the shovel to push it out of the hole. It was a locked black chest. Xagroth hadn’t found another key, but he managed to break it with a hammer that layed around what seemed to be the town’s old blacksmith shop. Inside the chest was a note written in a language he couldn’t understand and below it, a book. “I can not read this language and the book’s title, but it looks like I might have found what I was looking for” he said as he put the items in his backpack, ready to return to Hargeon and do his last quest, before reporting back to his guild.

end

WC: 633

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 9:06 am