Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

World Building+Event Idea

Sir Leonard
    Sir Leonard

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Power of Apocalypse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Eorlund Gray-Mane (Dead)
    Experience : 1,375,256

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ReQuip: Bladestorm
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

World Building+Event Idea Empty World Building+Event Idea

Post by Sir Leonard 5th March 2020, 3:05 am

Ok so the rules for Requip Magic simply states that items are pulled from and stored in a magical pocket space. It doesn't really go into much detail about it. If Requip Mages have the ability to pull something out from different dimensions they're basically mages with dimension/space manipulating/warping capabilities but aren't strong enough to harness the full extent of it which means there's really nothing stopping them from creating a spell that would bring this "pocket space" to us and put us in it, imprisoning people there. Aside from that, it can be misunderstood that with every new Requip Mage, there is a new space created, and that's quite... messy.

So I came up with an idea that maybe we could say that Requip Mages don't have the power to create spaces, but are rather pulling their stuff out from a centralized place in the Celestial Spirit World called "The Armory" which is being overseen by a Celestial Spirit known as "The Quartermaster" (henceforth referred to as QM) who keeps tabs on each and every Requip Mage's stuff. A contract is not needed with the QM as he can sense the emergence and presence of a Requip Mage through their unique magic signature (I mean, it's unique enough to have their own section in the magic rules. xD) and through him, Requip mages are able to pass their weapons through to the human world and then back to The Armory. This is way is much more simpler (In my perspective at least), understandable, and organized. Keep in mind, that this won't make Requip Mages pseudo-Celestial Spirit Mages. They can't summon spirits, they don't enter into contracts with them, they are just unknowingly leasing a part of the Celestial Spirit World. Basically a glorified coat checker or the like.

Here's where the Event Idea comes in: Because there are a lot of Requip Mages, or people who have Requip Magic, The QM has some help to store and move items through the Armory and it has been like that for years. However, someone had the bright idea to stop helping the QM because they are basically enabling the humans to kill each other and is sick of it (Or any other plausible motive that we can come up with), so he gathers a few other helpers and basically hold a strike, causing Requip Mages to be unable to pull out their shiny stuff, or in very rare cases, get stuff that's not theirs. This leads to Requip Mages to turn to the Magic Council or experts of other dimensions/spaces for answers and it is here that we find out about the Armory and the QM. Furthermore, the Celestial Spirit King would actually tell and allow them to go over and fix the problem through the summons of Celestial Spirit Mages (I'm still open to any other way of getting the message across).

Once there, we find out what's wrong, help the QM and put things back in order. Keep in mind that Requip Mages cannot use Requip Items for like 95% of the time, except once they're in the Armory in its state of disarray where items are just floating all over the place. They can just yank of the items from the space and use it, even things that are not theirs. How I see this happening is we can have a pool of items donated by different Requip Mages to be temporarily used for this event, assign them a number, and then whenever a Requip Mage wants to use a weapon, they roll a number dice, and they use the item with the corresponding number. I recognize that this is going to be hectic so maybe we could lift the duration of Requip Items for this particular event. Though that would mean that Requip Mages will only be using one item for the entire event or until the durability reaches 0 and they have to roll for a new item.

Again, this is just a suggestion, a little something I came up with and it's open to changes and the like. We could have something different altogether but at least talking about this opened up the for that event.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

World Building+Event Idea 60684_s
    World Building+Event Idea 2_by_gramcrackers-d66nk5f
    Bladestorm

Younger Self Siggy:
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Arcana
    Second Magic: Vox Universum
    Third Magic: Disciple of War

World Building+Event Idea Empty Re: World Building+Event Idea

Post by Shen Kadokawa 5th March 2020, 4:20 am

I have to admit that I am not a fan of this. Allow me to explain why.

Firstly, what you are proposing here is the alteration of in-universe lore, permanently, to suit the niche of a certain brand of requip mages that do operate from that perspective of requip magic, while, however, requip magic does not just include the pulling of weapons from a magical dimension, but also the creation of entirely weapons, armor, or items from scratch through magical means (such as my alt Aspen, who shifts the change of metal into requip weapons and doesn't pull them from a pocket space) or the activation of already given attributes (such as my main Johann, who "requips" runes that serve the role of different requip equipment). In my opinion, if we forced this change on everyone, it would mess up the already pre-established concepts and lore behind the magic of a lot of people on this site via plot means.

Further, what the assumptions about the manipulation of dimensions and space-warping are based on, in essence, are plot reasons. There is nothing saying a requip mage can't also control dimensions and space, though that has to be reflected in each individual's own magic based on their own preferrence for magic creation.

Lastly, in regards to the pocket spaces themselves, a lot of people use and create their own extradimensional spaces in their own lore and plot already, and for some this is also where their requip magic originates from, though this, of course, does not apply in all of cases. I don't know if I would see that as "messy", but people do, and should have, the option to create spaces such as these and utilize them in the manner as described above. I don't think forcing the centralization of an entire type of magic into a certain idea of plot would be conducive to roleplay freedom, as such a change would be, for example, like forcing all summoners to be celestial spirit mages, or forcing all caster mages to draw their magic from one very specific source.

I don't actually dislike the event idea you proposed, but the assumptions it is based on don't quite sit well with me. The specifications that make the event mostly aimed at requip mages, instead of all mages on this site as a whole, doesn't work for me either, as all mages should be able to participate in and fully use all or our site systems at their own discretion at all times.

As such, I must unfortunately express my disagreement with this suggestion. I do hope my point of view inspires constructive thought and conversation, though, so feel free to throw in your own opinion and express what you think, everyone.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Vassal of the Cosmos
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 145
    Experience : 26,209

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Starlight Maiden
    Second Magic: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Magic: Moon Goddess Slayer

World Building+Event Idea Empty Re: World Building+Event Idea

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 20th March 2020, 2:13 am

For the most part, I do like the thought that went into this suggestion it's a clever idea, and we always appreciate when our members come forward with their ideas but I also agree entirely with Luca.

I also have ReQuip mages that don't use the Celestial Spirit World but their own pocket dimensions. Forcing people to change their lore at this point isn't something that we would really want to implement. Additionally, as was covered above, we generally don't enjoy events that focus on a specific set of magic types as this excludes all the mages who aren't ReQuip or detracts from their importance during the event.

Having said this, seeing as it's over two weeks since this is posted, I'm going to go ahead and move this to 'Reject Suggestions'.

World Building+Event Idea 60582_s

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 11:26 pm