Special Characteristics: He’s always wearing a cap. It makes him feel serious and professional… without it, he’s prone to get easily embarrassed by his surroundings, showing signs of the trope ‘beta-male’.
Personality: At first glance, he is a very self-preserved individual. The shadows from his cap covering his eyes signal that he is the type of person that abhors pride in extravagance and loathing unfair advantages whenever it pleases someone. Giving a good image and maintaining it is fine, but when it gets to one's head, then it turns to excessiveness - a trait that isn't his. Because of his nature, he’s not really the type of guy who would party all night with his friends, do all the dares with no care in the world, and get wasted on a hundred Breezers; calm and preserved, his choice of entertainment is board games, sports (ball sports, exclusively) and storytelling. That pretty much sums up the kind of person that he is.
In the battlefield, he aims to get the job done without showing too much of his capabilities. He fears that any enemy will be able to take advantage of knowing how he and his magic works and build their ways around it, so unless he’s pushed to do his best for survival or to protect a loved one, he often holds back on brute force and attempts to immobilize and exterminate his foes in more efficient ways. That requires quick thinking and a vast, intellectual self to be able to think his ways out of every obstacle. As he draws the most usage from fighting his foes, he is more likely to play around with his spells when sparring with his friends whom he trusts.
Fighting alongside others, he’ll want to feel safe by knowing his teammates’ strengths and, if possible, weaknesses before any combat takes place. He takes it very seriously that a solid, tight group has each other's backs against any foe, so knowing each other well is key to realizing that vision. His habit of finding out his group’s types of magic and/or weaponry and arsenals will be intensified in the position of leader, and he will always tell those he trusts about his magic and how it works.
- Comics - His main source of killing time is reading comic books, mostly those of fictional heroes.
- Birds - He has a fondness for avian creatures, especially colorful ones like birds of paradise and parrots.
- Caps - He has a varied collection of caps for himself to wear, along with matching clothes and suits to compliment them. Hypocritical, given his distaste for ‘extravagance’; like, he has at least 50…
- Beanies - A soft cap without a flap to cover his eyes? Hell to the flying, fuck-it’s-not-a-bird-nor-plane-nor-your-uncle-on-acid no.
- Futility - He believes that, if you have a noble and sensible goal, you shouldn’t succumb to the sense of futility of it, no matter what people say.
- Corruption - Having been a victim of a corrupt embodiment, he yearns to enact justice on any perpetrators who screws up his life or the life of those close to him.
- Pure and Solid Justice - He wants to see justice bestowed upon the oppressed and the oppressors. He believes that someday, even a grain of good will be compensated, and even a grain of evil will be compensated.
- His name - Jariel is the name of an angel from his local place, and his family’s name Jareem is related to the noble metal cupper; despite being a noble name (as well as a noble metal), it’s humble as well, and that motivates him to be as humble as he is shining.
- Leaving a mark - Whether it be through a family of his own or by becoming something great, he wants to leave a mark on this world when he passes away.
- Balding - He doesn’t wear a cap because of the possibility of being bald… but he sure shivers at the idea. That is why he treats his hair and keeps it clean and stylish under his cap.
- Succumbing to rage - One of the easiest ways to corrupt oneself is by throwing a fit of rage, and he wishes from the core of his heart that he will not be a victim of that himself.
- Bats - Terrifying creatures. They’re mammals, but they can fly? But their wings are so leathery? And they can’t see, but they fly around and locate about via echo-location? Ew.
Height: 6’5’’ (195 cm)
Weight: 181 lbs (82 kg)
Skin Tone: Light-Mocha
Guild: Dies Irae
Tattoo: Black, on the left side of his neck, right above his left shoulder-blade.
Last edited by Jariel on 27th October 2020, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total