- Event Information:
- Winter Solstice Event
So it's Christmas time, and once again we are here to provide you with a Christmas theme IC event for you all to enjoy. This event will run until the 19th of January (7pm EST, 4pm PST).Credit to our wonderful Dev members, Serilda and Mythal for putting this together~
Description: Winter has finally arrived to close out the year, blanketing the world in white. The days now seem to last consistently shorter than the nights as the sun dips below the horizon earlier and earlier. Ice clings to nearly every surface, and the trees have completely lost all their leaves as frost and snow have taken over the land in a beautiful, almost crystalline display that is not without its own dangers.
Once more a deep, restless magic awakes from its slumber, invigorated by challenge that winter brings. Water, ice, snow, and darkness magics have reached their peaks, while heat, fire and light based magics are weakened. The longest night of the year, the Winter Solstice, has arrived!
Celebrate with a number of winter themed contests and festivities as families sled down snowy hillsides, skate on ice, or even help themselves to a number of delicious varieties of steamy hot chocolate to fight the bitter cold. But beware..! Creatures lurk in the darkness that strive only to snuff out anything that might prevent them from consuming the world with eternal winter…
Completion Requirements: Players will receive tokens for participating in games and contests. Each game or contest is worth different amount of tokens for participating in them. When a task states that there is a roll, you MUST roll. Failure to roll when told to do so will result in your failing the event. Otherwise, you can participate in any of the festivities, and do not need to roll. In order to turn in the event, the players must collect at least five tokens as a group.
Additionally, players can also choose to fight monsters instead of, or in addition to participating in the games. Monsters can be spawned and defeated in any order at the player’s discretion, but all must be defeated in order to turn in the event.
Players must face the event in a group of 2-6 mages, with a minimum wc of 1,500 per person.
- Games & Contests:
- Sled Racing:
- Sled Racing: Grab a sled and get ready! A race course has been marked out on a snowy hillside. Try to be the first one to cross the finish line! Oh, and watch out for trees and other players! Some of these kids can be real jerks… (Two tokens)
Weak: Thankfully, it looks like everyone set to run this race with you today is just looking for some wholesome family fun! Enjoy a clean, easy race!
Normal/Strong: The people you are racing with seem fine but… uh oh! It looks like the person that was supposed to clear the track didn’t do a very good job. There are a lot of trees and bushes everywhere! Try not to run into them!
Boss: There’s a mean looking teenager in this race that is intent on winning at any cost, even if it means sabotaging the other participants on the way down. Don’t let them get too close, or you might be one of their victims..!
Rolling for this feature is MANDATORY.
- Ice Sculpting:
- Ice Sculpting: Grab your picks and get ready! Several large blocks of ice have been set out on tables where people can take a crack at shaping ice into whatever look they want. All the tools are provided for you, and you can take as long as you want since this isn't a contest. Sculpting ice isn’t easy, though, and you only get one block… so be patient with yourself! (Three tokens)
Weak: It’s like you and the block of ice you were given were meant for each other! Even if you have no experience with sculpting, somehow each natural crack in the ice works in your favor for you to create something that very closely resembles the final look you were going for. Great job!
Normal/Strong: Oops! While working on your sculpture, you accidentally break off more than you meant to! Do what you can to salvage it, fix it, or change it up so you can turn in a full sculpture.
Boss: No matter how hard you hammer it, this block of ice just refuses to be sculpted! It is frozen absolutely solid, to the point where you accidentally break one of your tools! Better find a way to sculpt it effectively, or you might wind up being here all day.
Rolling for this feature is MANDATORY.
- Hot Chocolate Tasting:
- Hot Chocolate Tasting: The best part of winter is all the delicious drinks! A table was set up where a number of people have created their own hot cocoa concoctions for you to try. Some have marshmallows, some are flavored with peppermint, and more… Sample them all and pick your favorite! (One token)
- Open Skating:
- Open Skating: A rink has been set up for people to skate on. There is plenty of room and you can skate for as long as you like. Just watch out for all the little children learning how to skate for the first time! (One token)
- Snowman Contest:
- Snowman Contest: Do you want to build a snowman? Then this is the game for you! Have a friendly contest between your friends to see who can create the most unique snowman! But wait, there’s more..! These snowmen will be enchanted later to be participants in the Snowball War, so be sure to come back later and see how yours fares! Or join the war yourself and see how you do against your own creation… (One Token)
- Frozen T-shirt Contest:
- Frozen T-shirt Contest: Who says it needs to be summer to have a wet t-shirt contest? A bunch of plain shirts were soaked with water, rolled up tight, and frozen overnight until it’s little more than a solid brick of ice. The first person to successfully unravel their frozen shirt and put it on wins! (Two Tokens)
Weak: Did someone put a mild heat spell on your shirt? Either way, for some reason yours seems to defrost faster than the others as you pick at it. Lucky you!
Normal/Strong: Oh crap! While you were trying to unravel your frozen shirt, a piece of it snapped off! Now you have two parts you need to unravel, and you still have to find a way to put the whole shirt on when you’re done!
Boss: You were busy working on unraveling your shirt when you were rudely interrupted by someone’s playful dog. The dog grabs the shirt out of your hands and makes a run for it! You catch it easily, but it looks like the poor thing’s tongue is now stuck to the ice! Get your shirt back (without hurting the dog) and get back in the game!
Rolling for this feature is MANDATORY.
- Snowball War:
- Snowball War: Most people have participated in a snowball fight, but this is nothing like what you’ve seen before. A small arena has been set up out of ice and snow, and you’ve been handed a paintball gun, except it shoots miniature snowballs instead of paintballs! You can choose to be either on a team with your friends and fight against another team in a defend the castle type contest, or you can instead look out for only yourself in a free for all match to be the last one standing!
Either way, you’re fighting against more than just people. All the snowmen from the snowman making contest earlier have been enchanted. Now, they are also wandering around the arena attacking players. These snowmen are not very difficult to beat, but they can be distracting, so watch your back! Since snow isn’t very effective against a snowman, each player is given three “heat grenades” to battle these enemies that has no effect on other participants but will melt a snowman immediately. (Four tokens)
Weak - Ice Scorpions
These little critters are the same size as normal scorpions, but the tips of their tails are made out of sharp, frozen ice that give you frostbite if stung… ouch! While the scorpions aren’t difficult to beat, they tend to swarm in groups of ten or more, which makes them kind of annoying. They’re also really hard to see at night...
Normal - Ice Elementals x 3
Seemingly made of pure ice, these frozen elementals seem to hold a grudge against anything that carries a heat source, especially warm, humanoid bodies. They attack with small blasts of frost and wield long icicles like spears. If they throw a spear at you or lose it in any way, they’ll just form another one from their bodies and try to stab you with them again.
Strong - Snow Brute x 1
This big creature looks like it was once a snowman that was brought to life. It doesn’t seem to be very smart so it’s attacks are exceptionally uncoordinated, and it’s easily distracted if outnumbered. Unfortunately, its lack of smarts is equally matched by sheer strength, so if it manages to land a hit on you with one of its massive fists you’re probably going to be feeling it for a while.
Boss - Yeti x 1
Your scent has been picked up by an honest to god Yeti, and it is not very happy to see you. It attacks with extreme prejudice. However, unlike the Snow Monster, the Yeti is much smarter than it looks. It can easily hold its own against a group of players, turning the snowy lands to its advantage and moving much more swiftly than a creature of its size and girth has any right to. If it’s not flailing at you with its fists or trying to take a bite out of you with its oversized teeth, then it’s probably ripping giant rocks or chunks of ice from the ground and hurling them at you. Try not to die!
Possible Rewards: User rank EXP and 25,000 jewel. D & C Ranks recieve B Rank EXP, S Ranks and above recieve 10 Year EXP. Depending on whether players choose to participate in games or fight monsters, they will also receive additional rewards listed below. The Ice Token is earned by completing the games/contests requirements and getting at least 5 tokens, while the Yeti Horn is earned by defeating each of the monsters.
❆ Ice Token - A small medallion made of ice that has been enchanted to never melt, even if touched by fire! Can be turned in with a future thread for a one time 25% bonus to jewel rewards.
❆ Yeti Horn - The spiraling horn of a great Yeti that you defeated in battle! It still has some white fur and dried blood on it… Can be turned in with a future thread for a one time 25% bonus to EXP rewards.